Nuggets Sign Millsap, Look to Pursue George Hill

Like real basketball, as well as basketball video games? Talk about the NBA, NCAA, and other professional and amateur basketball leagues here.

Nuggets Sign Millsap, Look to Pursue George Hill

Postby Kenny on Mon Jul 03, 2017 4:29 pm

Millsap signed a 3yr/$90M deal.

Meanwhile, George Hill is also on the radar.

The Denver Nuggets have interest in signing George Hill in free agency.

Denver will need to unload salary such as Kenneth Faried and Darrell Arthur now that they've come to an agreement with Paul Millsap.

Hill figures to be one of the free agents squeezed by a softer than anticipated market and a dearth of available point guard spots.
Kenny
Thon Maker's Biggest Fan.
NLSC Team Member

Re: Nuggets Sign Millsap, Look to Pursue George Hill

Postby Andrew on Mon Jul 03, 2017 5:44 pm

Solid, but it's a shame what's happened with Faried. Hopefully he can resurrect his career elsewhere.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby Jackal on Mon Jul 03, 2017 7:28 pm

Andrew wrote:Solid, but it's a shame what's happened with Faried. Hopefully he can resurrect his career elsewhere.

It's insane how fast he fell from grace. He was a rebounding machine and I thought he and Ty Lawson would really take that Nuggets team deep in to the playoffs by just being an annoying team to play against. That evaporated quick.

Millsap is a solid signing for Denver, I don't really like him as a player since he seems to be a Laker killer since his Jazz days but I respect his game, he plays his butt off and manages to score/rebound way more than you'd think a guy with his height/body type would be able to.

If George Hill signs where does that leave Mudiay? Is he a 2 guard? Also, I hope Wilson Chandler gets healthy. He's such a talent but I can't remember him putting together a consistent, injury free season since perhaps his Knicks days. Some of these players...you just want them to go to Phoenix so you can see what they are capable of long term. Looking at you too Chandler Parsons.
Jackal

Postby Valor on Mon Jul 03, 2017 7:40 pm

Jackal wrote:
Andrew wrote:Solid, but it's a shame what's happened with Faried. Hopefully he can resurrect his career elsewhere.

It's insane how fast he fell from grace. He was a rebounding machine and I thought he and Ty Lawson would really take that Nuggets team deep in to the playoffs by just being an annoying team to play against. That evaporated quick.

Millsap is a solid signing for Denver, I don't really like him as a player since he seems to be a Laker killer since his Jazz days but I respect his game, he plays his butt off and manages to score/rebound way more than you'd think a guy with his height/body type would be able to.

If George Hill signs where does that leave Mudiay? Is he a 2 guard? Also, I hope Wilson Chandler gets healthy. He's such a talent but I can't remember him putting together a consistent, injury free season since perhaps his Knicks days. Some of these players...you just want them to go to Phoenix so you can see what they are capable of long term. Looking at you too Chandler Parsons.

I think Faried's lack of progression on the defensive end of the floor really caught up with him, he's one of the worst defenders at his position in the league and the energy plays just aren't enough to compensate for that anymore.

George Hill can probably slide over to the two, he's a solid 6-3 and can play off the ball.
Valor
Fire GarPax

Postby Andrew on Mon Jul 03, 2017 7:43 pm

He's also limited offensively, and with stretch bigs being in vogue, he's not a good fit in that regard.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby air gordon on Mon Jul 03, 2017 9:21 pm

I don't think mudiay is in denvers long term plans. Murray is pretty damn good. If they indeed get hill I hope it's just a short term contract
Jump.
Scott Skiles answer to the question on how Eddy Curry can become a better rebounder
air gordon

Postby NovU on Tue Jul 04, 2017 10:17 am

Denver's a aggressive hunter in free agency market as usual though they are usually not sexay enuf. But I don't know Paul Millsap at this point is a good signing. This looks more like a win now move when your franchise player Jokic is still a couple to few years away from blossoming. Millsap is old and window will be closed by the time when they need to get serious. There's a voice of concern if they needed to stick with developing/finding young players.
THX TO DOPE-JAO FOR THE SPECIAL SIG! <3
Enjoy! <3 Jao
NovU
Crap, what am I going to brag about now?

Postby Kenny on Tue Jul 04, 2017 12:20 pm

Jackal wrote:If George Hill signs where does that leave Mudiay? Is he a 2 guard?

If Hill signs with the Nuggets, I think Mudiay would probably be a backup at point at this stage of his career. The Nuggets already have plenty of talent at the two, with Murray, Barton and Harris. But apparently the Lakers are looking to sign Hill to a one-year deal, so Mudiay could still end up being the starting point guard after all.
Kenny
Thon Maker's Biggest Fan.
NLSC Team Member

Postby air gordon on Tue Jul 04, 2017 1:36 pm

NovU wrote:Denver's a aggressive hunter in free agency market as usual though they are usually not sexay enuf. But I don't know Paul Millsap at this point is a good signing. This looks more like a win now move when your franchise player Jokic is still a couple to few years away from blossoming. Millsap is old and window will be closed by the time when they need to get serious. There's a voice of concern if they needed to stick with developing/finding young players.

I think it's a good move. Millsap's skillet matches jokic and most importantly he can defend

What a great contract they got him on. Maybe when it is up its hernangomez ready to take over pf. Hopefully by then Harris and Murray are bonafide studs along with jokic

They def need a stud defensive sf
Jump.
Scott Skiles answer to the question on how Eddy Curry can become a better rebounder
air gordon

Postby Jackal on Wed Jul 05, 2017 4:07 am

Kenny wrote:Mudiay could still end up being the starting point guard after all.

Guess he will be with Hill signing a three year deal with the Kings.
Jackal

Return to NBA & Basketball