Minnesota TWolves Thread (aka the #FIREGARPAX club's bandwagon team)

Like real basketball, as well as basketball video games? Talk about the NBA, NCAA, and other professional and amateur basketball leagues here.

Minnesota TWolves Thread (aka the #FIREGARPAX club's bandwagon team)

Postby Moz on Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:02 pm

Thibs did not live up to the hype on his first year with the team ending up in the lottery again but he started his 2nd tenure with a blockbuster trade that may place them in the would be bottom tier playoff-bound teams conversation. Their capspace became smaller though with around 17m after they added Butler. They badly need to improve their bench and sign some shooters after they dealt their only prominent one (which is Lavine). I don't know if Butler will mesh nicely with Wiggins since they're both ball dominant wings. On the other hand, KAT will be the ideal pick n pop/roll guy for Butler.

So stop moping around Bulls fans. What do you think should Thibs do this offseason? Should they trade Rubio for capspace so that they can sign a Kyle Lowry or a Jrue Holiday? Should he get a well known assistant coach since he still tends to fuck up his rotations from time to time? Should he be the bridge for KG to have his love back to the Wolves organization? Should he sign Taj Gibson, DRose, and trade for Joakim Noah so that they can acquire more Bulls fans who will bandwagon the team?
Nationwide is on your side...
Moz
What a load of bollocks...

Re: Minnesota TWolves Thread (aka the #FIREGARPAX club's bandwagon team)

Postby mp3 on Mon Jun 26, 2017 12:39 am

I know the Bulls are getting alot of heat for this trade but Jimmy was as good as gone and although he acted professionally about the matter his head wasn't really in Chi-town so getting Zach and Dunn back is a nice package for the future, in fact I think Lavine is ready to blow up now.
Youtube - mp3 Basketball Gaming
mp3

Postby air gordon on Tue Jun 27, 2017 3:07 am

Moz The Boz wrote:Thibs did not live up to the hype on his first year with the team ending up in the lottery again but he started his 2nd tenure with a blockbuster trade that may place them in the would be bottom tier playoff-bound teams conversation. Their capspace became smaller though with around 17m after they added Butler. They badly need to improve their bench and sign some shooters after they dealt their only prominent one (which is Lavine). I don't know if Butler will mesh nicely with Wiggins since they're both ball dominant wings. On the other hand, KAT will be the ideal pick n pop/roll guy for Butler.

So stop moping around Bulls fans. What do you think should Thibs do this offseason? Should they trade Rubio for capspace so that they can sign a Kyle Lowry or a Jrue Holiday? Should he get a well known assistant coach since he still tends to fuck up his rotations from time to time? Should he be the bridge for KG to have his love back to the Wolves organization? Should he sign Taj Gibson, DRose, and trade for Joakim Noah so that they can acquire more Bulls fans who will bandwagon the team?

Good thread idea
I say clear out as much cap now, including Rubio. Get some shooting and a cheap pf alternative. Sorry for us that's not going to be taj

Go all in on George hill. He would be a great fit for this team
Jump.
Scott Skiles answer to the question on how Eddy Curry can become a better rebounder
air gordon

Postby Moz on Fri Jun 30, 2017 8:08 pm

air gordon wrote:I say clear out as much cap now, including Rubio. Get some shooting and a cheap pf alternative. Sorry for us that's not going to be taj

Go all in on George hill. He would be a great fit for this team

I thought they still have Adreian Payne but found out he's a free agent. He kinda remind me of Taj. He's on his third year but I reckon he's still under utilized. Perhaps re--sign him and hire somebody who can develop him. Another one in my mind that would be a great pick up is JaMychal Green. Big body who is a spacing friendly player. Yeh forgot about George Hll. Patty Mills would be good as well. Butler will demand the ball a lot they need a playmaker who can play off-ball offense. Apparently, Butler is on a mission for them to land Lowry.
Moz

Postby air gordon on Fri Jun 30, 2017 8:47 pm

Green would be good. I wonder if Memphis would let him go

I like that bejilica kid as a sleeper also. I hope he can earn thibs trust for some consistent minutes at pf

That would be something if thibs and Butler can get Lowry to Minny
Jump.
Scott Skiles answer to the question on how Eddy Curry can become a better rebounder
air gordon

Postby shadowgrin on Fri Jun 30, 2017 9:25 pm

Butler will demand the ball a lot

Except he doesn't.
He still thrived as a third option behind Rose and Gasol and also behind Wade who was trying to relive his glory years.
He likely knows he's in KAT's team and would defer to him. Only ballhog in the team is Wiggins.
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
JaoSming2KTV wrote:its fun on a bun
shadowgrin
Doesn't negotiate with terrorists. NLSC's Jefferson Davis. The Questioneer

Postby Moz on Fri Jun 30, 2017 10:46 pm

air gordon wrote:I like that bejilica kid as a sleeper also. I hope he can earn thibs trust for some consistent minutes at pf

He better step-up his defense or else he'll just be another Boozer/Mirotic aka the guy Thibs doesn't play in the 4th quarter.

shadowgrin wrote:He still thrived as a third option behind Rose and Gasol and also behind Wade who was trying to relive his glory years.
He likely knows he's in KAT's team and would defer to him. Only ballhog in the team is Wiggins.

Not entirely true. His stats might say that he indeed thrive but then again Rose is sitting most of the games on those years. Gasol on the other hand, get's his shots mostly from pick and pops and kickout plays through the ballhandlers and Wade, well he's the one who's behind Butler on the pecking order.

Jimmy mostly gets his points on ISOs, post ups, and pick plays. You may say that he has a midrange game but he's still not that of a threat as a shooter. I would love to see him and KAT gels like he did with Gasol but I'm worried that KAT might yield just like on those times that Lavine is dominating the ball earlier last season.
Moz

Postby shadowgrin on Sat Jul 01, 2017 12:41 am

Wade, well he's the one who's behind Butler on the pecking order.

Tell that to Wade who jacked more shots at a rate greater than Butler despite playing less minutes.
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
shadowgrin

Postby air gordon on Sat Jul 01, 2017 1:28 am

Yeah, true. Bejilica should d up. Gotta let that flower grow

Behind the 3pt line for sure not a big threat. Though IIRC jimmy buckets was amongst the best in points per possession ISO scoring. With Rubio around (for now) maybe we'll see the off ball movement butler used to thrive in his earlier years. Miss those gasol to butler lobs
Jump.
air gordon

Postby NovU on Sat Jul 01, 2017 1:49 am

I kinda wish the Bulls did what the Boston Shitics did with Pierce in the past. Sit healthy Pierce out and tank for the season.

LoL @ Bulls fans turning into Minny fans for Jimmy. Kinda like me Heat to Bulls for Wade. :lol:
THX TO DOPE-JAO FOR THE SPECIAL SIG! <3
Enjoy! <3 Jao
NovU
Crap, what am I going to brag about now?

Postby Moz on Sat Jul 01, 2017 2:32 am

shadowgrin wrote:Tell that to Wade who jacked more shots at a rate greater than Butler despite playing less minutes.

There you go...

air gordon wrote:With Rubio around (for now) maybe we'll see the off ball movement butler used to thrive in his earlier years. Miss those gasol to butler lobs

Good thing that KAT is a decent passer only problem is those set plays are from Hoiberg although Butler may suggest to include it on Thibs' playset.

NovU wrote:I kinda wish the Bulls did what the Boston Shitics did with Pierce in the past. Sit healthy Pierce out and tank for the season.

They can do it now with Wade because the Reinsdorfs will not gonna buy him out.

LoL @ Bulls fans turning into Minny fans for Jimmy. Kinda like me Heat to Bulls for Wade. :lol:

Actually, It has more to do with Thibs to me although I've been following the TWolves sporadically for quite sometime now eversince they got Rubio (yeh I'm one of those who's fond by his flashy plays). If the Bulls is my Carmella Soprano, the Wolves is that whore I'm sleeping with from time to time.
Moz

Postby air gordon on Sat Jul 01, 2017 12:53 pm

nice soprano reference there.

been a great offseason so far for Thibs. if it is indeed Teague being signed instead of Lowry, there's a little disappointment there but Teagaue is still a good signing. Is younger and can play off the ball.
Jump.
air gordon

Postby Moz on Sat Jul 01, 2017 2:53 pm

And it's now official
ESPN's Adrian Wojnarowski reported Teague and Minnesota agreed to a three-year, $57 million deal while ESPN's Jeff Goodman added the third year is a player option.

They still have $11m to spend for someone who can lead their bench although there are reports that they're having a meeting with Millsap and I don't know how can they acquire him. Will they ship Dieng?
Moz

Postby Moz on Mon Jul 03, 2017 3:55 am

air gordon wrote:Yeah, true. Bejilica should d up. Gotta let that flower grow

And now that Taj is on board, who is a Thibs favorite, I don't know if he'll be in the rotation. Unless, if Thibs is planning to play Taj as a back-up C for Dieng/KAT.

Millsap going to Minny is now off the table as well...
Moz

Postby air gordon on Mon Jul 03, 2017 2:14 pm

Heck yeah. Another good move by thibs. I'll be preordering my Gibson twolves jersey
Jump.
air gordon

Postby Moz on Sun Jul 09, 2017 2:02 pm

Thibs seems like starting to shape up his bench

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/1992 ... 96424234=1
Jamal Crawford has agreed to sign with the Minnesota Timberwolves after he clears waivers on Monday, sources told ESPN on Saturday.

The deal is for two years and $9 million and includes a second-year player option, sources said.
Moz

Postby air gordon on Mon Jul 10, 2017 2:49 am

OMG a dream come true. I am 100% on the twolves bandwagon. May have to bring back Crawford4mip4real

And this is a good signing too lol

Thibs has had a good off season but until this acquisition he was forgetting about outside shooting
Jump.
air gordon

Postby Andrew on Mon Jul 10, 2017 10:19 am

Too bad he couldn't have had the dual role in Chicago, hey.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby air gordon on Fri Aug 25, 2017 3:46 am

Gotta keep this thread alive

A little surprised to see peltons projection favoring the this team to make a significant jump

Still a question of how all these parts fit. As great as KAT is on offense, Thibs is forced to play dieng and now Gibson next to him to cover his defensive issues

Wiggins seems to be much maligned for his lack of all around game/improvement. From 30 to 35% on 3's is a good sign

Yet this team was 10th overall in offense efficiency lol
Jump.
air gordon

Postby NovU on Fri Aug 25, 2017 12:38 pm

air gordon wrote:A little surprised to see peltons projection favoring the this team to make a significant jump

Same here.

Much improved indeed but 20+ wins from last year projection sounds little generous.

I think quite plausible tho. Butler and Teague should go loong way over Rubio/Lavine/Wiggins(whose role should be lessened). I'm kinda excited too to see the new looks in this league.
Enjoy! <3 Jao
NovU

Postby Moz on Sun Sep 03, 2017 2:10 am

NovU wrote:
air gordon wrote:A little surprised to see peltons projection favoring the this team to make a significant jump

Same here.

Much improved indeed but 20+ wins from last year projection sounds little generous.

I think quite plausible tho. Butler and Teague should go loong way over Rubio/Lavine/Wiggins(whose role should be lessened). I'm kinda excited too to see the new looks in this league.

I reckon they assume it that way because Butler and Teague are obvious upgrades for Lavine and Rubio. Their bench is much better now as well with the acquisition of Crawford and Gibson.

As I've said earlier, I'm worrying that KAT might yield from his shots since there's a new alpha dog in town. I hope they'll never rush things on the Wiggins extension. They should see first if Butler will flourish on this team and then it's either resign him and give him a bigger role or trade him for a player who's a better fit. I just don't see him being complementary to Butler's game and vice versa.
Moz

Postby NovU on Mon Sep 04, 2017 3:49 pm

Yeah, I also think its quite tricky for Wiggins to assimilate now that Butler is #1 wing on both ends. Perhaps he now can focus on improving on few aspect of his game where he could help his team to actually win. Nonetheless it is gonna be a big adjustment to his role.

I am not too high on bench tho. Jamal Crawford is way too old. Staying in shape is nice but you still cant cheat your age. I dont necessarily think his minutes are upgrade from last year. Taj sounds nicer in that regard as he comes a few years younger. I still think their bench needs a legit 6th man.
Enjoy! <3 Jao
NovU

Postby air gordon on Wed Sep 06, 2017 12:11 am

if shabazz comes back there's your bench scorer. Dieng or Taj off the bench is nice too. We're talking about Thibs anyway. he doesn't go no more than 8 player deep rotation ;)

yep butler and wiggins have somewhat redundant skills on offense. big challenge for Thibs to make it work
Jump.
air gordon

Postby shadowgrin on Tue Sep 12, 2017 2:42 pm

Could be the season where Wiggins improves by learning how to play off the ball or the start of his playing career being derailed forever.
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
shadowgrin

Postby air gordon on Sat Oct 14, 2017 1:53 am

did the twolves get trapped into signing wiggins to the big contract?

shabazz did resign. go twovles
Jump.
air gordon

Next

Return to NBA & Basketball