Official NLSC Wishlist for NBA 2K18

Talk about NBA 2K18 here.

Re: Official NLSC Wishlist for NBA 2K18

Postby Mgomrjsurf on Mon Feb 27, 2017 11:56 am

Things that OTTP has like League E. Where the Computer can Expand,change League Rules and so on. League Structure where we Edit it,Import Histirical Teams and so on. Add Templates of other Leagues we created like DL,WNBA,Overseas ones or add Historical Leagues to an existing one. Rule like Trading with other Leagues. Offseason because no dates are so like Free Agent Period starts on July 1st and doesn't go 30 days just in the Background happening like in regular Season same with hiring Personal and Staff. Also can vote Manually for Hall of Fame and like what Percent get in and so on.

More Insiders like David Aldridge,Mark Stein,Brian Windhurst and so on. Also can interview existing Personal/Staff under contract for Jobs. Teans been sold. local TV/Radio Announcers under contract to a team. JVG/Mark Jackson,Mike Breen and others from ESPN. Kevin Harlan,Reggie Miller,Grant Hill,Steve Smith,Matt Weiner,Dennis Scott and so on from NBATV/TNT?
Unretirements,More Trades in 2 round like Overseas Players if you have those Leagues include,Trade E.,March Madness,Buyouts,Olympics,Pre-Season Games been played in Arena's that don't have a Team,Celebrity All-Star Game,Sort by like Drafted by,In Live Play by Play have the Computer control your Team and so on.
Mgomrjsurf

Postby StyxTx on Tue Feb 28, 2017 10:43 am

How about separating mycareer from the Park and other such on-line stuff. :x

Mycareer is solo play and I don't want to keep getting penalized by updates to fix issues in the on-line multi-player arena. Put mycareer out as a separate game if need be.
StyxTx

Postby Andrew on Thu Mar 02, 2017 8:41 am

I'm working on a more concise version of the Wishlist that attempts to highlight the most important issues. What would you say are the top 10-15 things that need to be fixed/added/addressed in terms of gameplay and modes?
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Crunky on Thu Mar 09, 2017 4:16 am

Show shots of coaches calling plays from bench area.

NBA won't allow this but player to player staredowns.

NBA won't allow this but players being restrained from going after each other.

Mycareer Interactive Trophy Presentation make it so we can control our player and walk to the podium to get the trophy, walk around the arena floor celebrating with the trophy, highfiving and chest bumping teammates, standing on top of scoring table pumping up the crowd. When you've played an entire league season you deserve more than a 5 minute cut scene to end your season

standing ovations from home fans when a player gets up from injury or returns from injury. Also if a star/role player has a big game in a blowout and is subbed out should get a standing ovation

During timeouts they should show animated commentators talking

Post game analysis by animated commentaters should show barely any fans in arena. Just have commentaters discussing basic stuff like what both teams need to work on

During freethrow shot show a cutscene of player X discussing things over with the referee sometimes for example a foul called against him

during the finals show a cutscene of the league commissioner in attendance and have a sit-down interview with him. Could be a voice over and not his real voice

For MYGM have a tribute night for the Legends where they are honored pregame and maybe show live footage of their highlights

During timeouts have a little camera box on the bottom right part of the screen showing highlights sometimes

When a player gets hurt show him getting helped by trainers all the way to the lockeroom in a picture in picture box window and if injury not serious show trainer getting him stretched or iced up near the bench area

During halftime when players are walking off the court I want them high fiving home fans and too be heckled,booed by away fans. You should show a cutscene of the away fans animating the boo sign while players walk off the court

With the picture in picture box window during timeouts you guys can be creative with it by having 3 picture in picture box windows. One picture would have in game highlights another picture would have cheerleaders dancing. The third picture would have animated commentators maybe discussing the highlights or going through the stats of the game. While on the big picture would be the players huddled up with their coach
Crunky

Postby StyxTx on Thu Mar 09, 2017 10:54 am

And have coaches actually talking to the people on the floor when they are on that side. Now, coaches are looking at and talking to the empty side. Guess he is gesturing and talking to someone in the seats across the floor. lol
StyxTx

Postby Crunky on Fri Mar 10, 2017 1:24 am

Have coaches writing on clipboard during timeout's.

Add a sports ticker that show's other game scores around the league and scheduled tip-off times the game's around the league will be playing especially during freethrow attempts and timeouts.

More stat overlay's during game's showing win streaks, losing streaks, league leaders and more stats in general etc.

Being able to call timeouts midair when ball goes out of bounds or attempt to throw ball off of of other team players. Just thinking maybe things could move in slow motion for a bit, just brainstorming on this idea off the top of my head please expand on this further.

This rating, badge, tendency or option is for bigman like Ben Simmons, Draymond Green that like to push the ball in transition after a rebound, there should be a rating, badge, tendency or option for players like that. "Bigman one man fastbreaks"

Pre game presentation show players in dressing room with headphones putting on their sneakers

Post game interviews in locker room for regular season games

Pre game presentation have players rocking their suits/glasses/head phones coming to the games in the walk way area at the arena

Post game interviews have players rockin their signature fashion glasses/suits/watches

Add the champagne shower celebration in the locker room when you win conference/finals games on the road

Post game trophy ceremony for MVPs of all star game

Pre game players huddled together giving motivational speeches

Post game interaction with crowds throwing jersey in to the stands, high fiving fans and signing sneakers and posters

Pre game presentation show announcers talking
Crunky

Postby Crunky on Fri Mar 10, 2017 9:02 am

Not every team pushes the ball on a break so how about this idea. Have a walk the ball up the court/fastbreak tendency for user/cpu for sometimes you want CPU to just slow things down ( MIGHT BE CONTROLLED BY COACHING TENDENCY)

Call this rarely but flop button for the offensive player to draw fouls. For example james harden is driving into the lane with shotblocker like deandre jordan in the lane so double tap B button to initiate contact with defender and you end up grabbing your head in pain or flailing your arms or you end up falling on the floor. Make this a risk reward where not all the time you get the call and by flopping you risk turning over the ball

Reggie Miller leg kickout animation included in flop button on jumshots. Have it rarely called but it just adds a new layer to game play

The little things add championship gear to players that win the last two rounds of the playoffs and maybe the NBA champions photo pose.

NBA won't allow this in game but
Tripping Foul calls ala Grayson Allen of Duke

This might already be in the game, we'll I know that the crowd in the game already stands up during end of game situations. But how about a big shot during the end of game you should have to crowd standing up actually jumping up and down punching their fist in the air in excitement

Referee Mode where you have the ability to officiate the game from all 3 of the referees eyes. All you do is press X to change from one referee eye view to the next referee eye view. Also you have one button for whistle and your able to select the foul or violation. For fouls/violations there will be colored markers underneath player that lights up a certain color alerting you of the foul/violation. For example red =travel, blue=blocking foul you'll have a certain time limit to call the foul/violation. For plays in the paint the camera would zoom in on the action and the game would slow down at the point of contact and it will be up to your discernment if the contact was a foul or not. Your performance would be graded on how accurate you are in calling fouls/violations between the time limit. Please expand on this great idea further, instead of colors underneath player it will be a random button that pops up randomly underneath player that you have to press before time lapses. So if it says press button B for the foul you have press it before button under player disappears. Every game you recieve scores your high scores are based on how accurate you are calling fouls. Your also competing against other fictional referee crews around the league. The referee crews with high scores get to referee the playoffs and the remaining crew with the highest score get to referee the finals

Make games more chippy and dirtier ex after a hard foul players confront each other ref steps in to break confrontation

Have bench players interact with in game players walking to the bench with high fives and chest bumps

Option to play the pre-game shootaround drill option to turn it off as well. Before the tip off ala College Hoops 2k8.

Players utilizing and getting away with moving screens ala draymond green

Players hands slapping backboard on missed block attempt in the low post area (The Little Things)

For playoff presentation when a game is over show a camera shot or cutscene facing the team walking through the tunnels untucking their jerseys like a real life presentation. If its the losing team have them walking through the tunnels with their heads down with untucked jerseys

Program the AI to perform drive and kick ending with a touch pass shot. Also more pullup j's off of pick and roll for players like steph curry, damian lillard and brandon knight

Add NBA players signature handshakes

Make it rare but possible to bait the offensive player into a offensive foul by using the flop button. If abused in game you could recieve fines

Protect the ball animation after rebound you should be able to press a button to protect the ball from being stripped

players/coaches should be seen signaling timeouts in animations

a button or badge for players that use their off-hand on drives to create seperation like melo/pierce

Add this animation in the game where the offensive player hold's the ball like a football runningback when driving to the hoop

The little things when a player falls to the ground I want them to get up and brace their wrist shaking it a little wincing in pain like its hurt and checking their fingers like if they jammed them. They don't need to miss any plays because of it but little things like this go a long way when it comes to immersion

Recreating certain era dunk contests from the 1990's era Jordan freethrow line dunk to the 2000's era dunk contest with Vince Carter. Even the 2008 dunk contest with Dwight Howard dressed as superman recreating his dunk moments

layup modifier I want to be able to place the basketball during a layup/floater high off the glass
Crunky

Postby Crunky on Wed Mar 15, 2017 2:36 pm

1. For MyGM and Mycareer show top 10 visual highlights for plays of the day/week/month - and after the finals - show plays of the year + plays of the year/highlight reel for the team who wins the finals (+ nightly game recaps and highlights, something similar to Sportscenter). For pre-game highlights show the game last played against the team your facing previous meeting against them highlights for the season and playoffs/finals

2. I'd also like to see some player/ref, coaches/ref, coaches/player interaction. Refs breaking up two players jawing. Players talking to refs during dead balls. Coaches in ref ear after a bad foul call during dead ball. One player talking to coach during freethrow attempt, etc. Coaches getting emotional to bad foul calls having to be restrained by assistant coaches. Coaches recieving warning/technical for walking outside of coaches box to talk to ref

3. Presentation for season games if a player had torched a team previously they should show that player highlights from that game

4. When a player gets injured there should be a replay showing how the player sustained the injury and also have the commentaters speak about the injury

5. Have Ernie,Kenny,Shaq in the studio showing live updates on other games could be pre-recorded

6. When a key player is injured on the bench have the commentators and doris burke discussing the injury. Have a camera close up shot of the injured player also during the discussion

7. Make pregame, halftime, postgame shows more in depth with the keys to game and what adjustments need to be made and what was the difference in winning the game.
Crunky

Postby TGsoGood on Fri Mar 17, 2017 3:28 pm

These are just some wish list items that aren't related to gameplay.

1. Fix the sort feature for downloading jersey designs. Currently it doesn't sort (at least on PC).

2. Allow us to export teams like in past 2Ks. It would be nice to flat out export an entire roster from MyGM or MyLeague.

3. Bring back Create a team feature.
Sometimes I want to take a fictional team into MyLeague without doing an expansion draft.
Also Created teams should be playable in Play now modes.

4. Allow us to clone real players (and even add the clone to the Created Player Pool).
This would help roster makers with draft classes and rosters.
Making rosters and draft classes is sometimes more fun than actually playing the game.

5. Created Player Share feature. I want to download other peoples Created Players.

6.Add some type of instant replay or photo option to the MyCourt
I want to take close up screenshots of MyPlayer while he is in MyCourt.
People buy clothes to show them off, people customize their MyCourt to show it off.
Being able to take a cool pic of yourself and friends new gear at your mycourt while striking a pose would be cool.
People could use these screenshots for youtube thumbnails, make photo albums online,etc.

7. A few selectable/ playable female characters.
I'm not going all WNBA on anyone but females play basketball too.
2K this could draw in a new female audience to the game. Females new some type of representation on the hardwood.
Follow me on PATREON https://www.patreon.com/TGsoGood
Consider donating: http://cash.me/$TheJohnsonFamily or http://paypal.me/4TheGoods
Follow me on twitter @TGsoGood
Check me out on youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPydhZ ... PeRSmEVynQ

NBA 2K21 TGsoGood Mods and releases - viewtopic.php?f=267&t=110608
NBA 2K17 TGsoGood Mods and releases - viewtopic.php?f=225&t=102251#p1860681
NBA 2K14 TGsoGood Mods and releases - viewtopic.php?f=153&t=96056
TGsoGood
Contributor
Contributor

Postby keeks on Tue Mar 28, 2017 3:25 am

2k18 NEEDS to let us skip these unnecessary cutscenes in the middle of games.

Its unbelievable that it still takes 10 seconds to get to a timeout after calling it.

Its unbelievable that the ref holds the ball for up to 20 seconds before inbounding it
keeks

Postby deodorantthief1 on Tue Mar 28, 2017 6:04 am

In no particular order ...

- continue with the graphical options for people with non-monster pc's / better optimizations - I was surprised I could play NBA2K17 and not 15 which was odd - it's possible though that I just didn't know what I was doing - I can't remember if it had "medium textures" as an option without the shorts looking like cardboards (it was very distracting and looked funny)
- official incorporation of all advertisements so people would not need to mod them, they seemed to be heading that direction already, but with limited choices
- special focus given to simulated games and accurate depiction in stats (allowing for a certain level of dynamic factors) - they fell off in this regard after 2k14
- get an official license from one of the official broadcasters of NBA games and access to archives even - people won't know if an interview has been taken from a real game or not - definitely cuts down the work that the developers have to do in bringing people to the studio (I don't know if they do that now, maybe) and they can just focus on putting them all in the game
- bring back the tattoos for Create A Player - continually improve on the variety of the Draft Classes (I haven't gone beyond simulating past the second season, I keep on restarting over and over, so I don't know if people will start duplicating each other in terms of looks) - likewise, have options to model the players after certain real ones - it makes adjusting the attributes, tendencies less of a pain

Hmm ... I'll post more later.

ADDED:
- separate GAME SPEED and QUARTER/SHOT CLOCK SPEED, allow for them to get adjusted individually
deodorantthief1

Postby Crunky on Thu Mar 30, 2017 3:34 am

1. Another feature that should be in 2k18 is scores from around the league/country while playing a season/mygm/mycareer game. Say if I am the Lakers, and I want to know an update of the GSW/Orlando game; I should be able to SEE that on the 2Ksports scrolling marquee at the bottom of the screen. This is something that has NOT been in any of your games that is certainly something that NEEDS to be in the game. This also means that you would have to give each game its correct STARTING TIME instead of just having the DAY of the game.

2. Allow the Mascots to have fun IN the seats of the arena. Mascots do more than sit around the perimeter of the court; they run into the stands, mess with fans, and are part of the whole basketball experience. Please give them more duties.

3. Pre-Catch Post Defense: Here is something that is really in need of getting upgraded. We need to have the OPTION (in defensive matchups) to set how we would want to play a player in the post. Someone like Dwight Howard I would want to FRONT them BEFORE they catch the ball so they won’t catch the ball close to the basket for an easy score. The options should be
Front (defender has back to offensive player BEFORE the catch; remember though AFTER the catch is made the opp)
Play Behind (defender has chest to BACK of offensive player BEFORE the catch)
¾ Force to Baseline (defender is denying the post player the ball; “baiting” the offensive player to make a move to baseline IF and WHEN he does catch the ball)
¾ Force to Middle (defender is denying the post player the ball; “baiting” the offensive player to make a move to the middle IF and WHEN he does catch

4. Shadow players and knowing who not to guard
Tony Allen: the opposing SG will simply refuse to guard Allen on the defensive end. He cannot shoot, finish or get open off the ball for a drive that would likely end in a missed FG attempt, no matter from where on the court. The opposing player doesn't double-team Zach Randolph, but shadows him, as in completely ignoring Allen and moving to whichever side of the court Randolph is on, whether or not it's the same side as Allen. This is likely a more difficult concept to pull off in a video game, but would still be nice and make games more difficult

5. All the players in the game seem to run off screens at the same speed, some players in real life run off screens with a sense of urgency while others don't. So there needs to be an off-ball speed rating for how fast players run off screens. There's a difference between how steph curry runs off screens compared to how jj reddick runs off screens

6. I think flagrant fouls need to be much more responsive, it's impossible to intentionally foul on the fast break when you're trailing in NBA 2K17 which is a very normal situation in real life and leads to a lot of flagrant fouls or clear path fouls

7. After saving replay give me the ability to enable commentary which occurred in that specific play when I watch that replay. Some people want to create mixes with commentary enabled so give them that option

1. When going for rebounds players should yell like they are fighting hard to get the rebound (The Little Things)

2. Saving ball from going out of bounds, they had it in 2k2 i believe, I remember always saving balls with antoine walker. Press a to pass to a teammate, press b to try throwing it off the other team, back to call a timeout.

3. During loading screen pre-game turn it into a shootaround session where we can choose one of our starters and shoot 3 shots and if we hit the most of them we can start off the game with a slight ratings boost to that players shooting rating. All this will take place while the game is loading just like the competition did it in 2009/2010

4. Tuner Share where people can share their personalized sliders online. It would be cool to download SimWorlds slider set without having to manually do it

5. Fade out in game scene shots on guaranteed game winning shots just like the replays but this is live in game. The camera angle will pan out as soon as you hit the game winning shot with a perfect green release, giving you that wide-angle floor shot once you hit the perfect green release, maybe add a little slow motion effect to this idea aswell. Have the camera zoom in a little on that wide-angle floor shot to get the smooth release point and the ball leaving the players hand too. Another idea is zoom in game scene shots when a play results from a guaranteed layup/dunk from a fastbreak. The camera will zoom in on the moment, I don't suggest adding slow motion effect to this because it could be a little cheesy

6. The game should have an intentional miss from the FT line. An intentional miss in real life is trying to miss a certain way in order to grab the rebound in a close-game situation. I think it would be really useful if done right and in a way not easily abused

7. To make the presentation even more better while the game you're playing is at halftime show a live look of the other games that the CPU are currently playing

8. flagrant fouls (should be a button for hard fouls for when a player is driving in for a layup/dunk i.e. Turbo and X).
Edit: NBA won't allow it but still a cool idea
Crunky

Postby keeks on Tue Apr 04, 2017 4:16 pm

The past 3 years the only update I want is a roster update and the ability to SKIP ALL SCENES in games. PLEASE LEFTOS
keeks

Postby kingjames23 on Mon Apr 10, 2017 5:06 pm

Let us edit the ages of classic team players. We can't do anything with 34 year old Wilt and Karl Malone in the myGm or myLeague modes. Allow for player cloning, including the legends, onto teams or into draft classes or into into the FA pool. With that said, why not have a Have a legends pool. Have classic draft classes starting all the way back into the 1940's until current that we can download and use during our franchises. Any players not on the regular roster that are unlocked in myTeam should be available to use in all other modes, such as myLeague and MyGm. In other words, the access to classic players currently sucks. I would rather run drafts that rewrite history than use a bunch of generic fake players every year. Who wouldn't want to keep playing if every year they see classic players (as rookies) in the draft? Imagine having 1984 to do all over again, 2003? Imagine knowing 40-50 years of who is coming into your league ahead of time and playing through anticipating when you could redraft Mikan, then Cousy, through Pettit, Russell, Wilt, Kareem, Magic, Bird, Jordan, Kobe, Iverson, Lebron, Durant, Curry... all the way through to 2018! 2k has all of these likenesses still, right? Wouldn't you like to build the league to repeat history or rewrite it? I'm telling you guys... its a killer concept. even if they don't have the rights to all of the players, enough legends in each class would justify the classes and created players could still be inserted to replace the ones without a likeness, but 99% of the roster-making woes would be dealt with and people like me could just PLAY THE GAME instead of wasting weeks of our time creating players that are already in the damn game. Legends as rookies in draft classes, or a legend pool with editable ages. Please pass this on. Shit, i'd pay for draft classes with legends just so I didnt have to make the players.
kingjames23

Postby Dee4Three on Wed Apr 12, 2017 3:22 am

One big one, let us edit the coaches names/create coaches... Not sure why that isn't a thing already...
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Check out my YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvHJXrqit8Dc6HBY5P6EmAA

Follow me on Twitter

https://twitter.com/Dee4Three84
Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby Dee4Three on Wed Apr 12, 2017 4:12 am

So when it comes down to it.. Here are the top 10 gameplay issues that need fixes in NBA 2K18.

1. Heavy players: After the patches, the players feel heavy and hard to move around. The original game before patches the players were much lighter. So, heavy feeling players need to be fixed. The game doesn't move at real NBA speed right now.

2. Slow motion dunks/layups: Not as bad on the original .exe, horrible after patches. Players do not go up for layups and dunks in slow motion in real life.

3. Slow Motion dribbling: Impossible for human beings to even dribble a ball that slow, it looks very unnatural.

4. Broken Defense: This has already been covered at length, but the team defense needs a complete overhaul.

5. Floating passes: Nobody throws the ball that slow in real life, in fact, the ball in real life couldn't even move that slow through the air.

6. Players losing the ball all the time: Body blocks and body steals, where the offensive player just drops the ball or loses the ball, players are taught at a very young age to hang onto the ball tight and secure, not in NBA 2K17.

7. Roster signatures/attributes/tendencies: Overall just need to be more accurate, the user shouldn't have to go in a edit every team for accuracy.

8. Protected shots: Players who clearly have blue sky to get a shot off, being forced to fadeaway and brick shots. If you are going to have protected shots, make sure they activate when the defender is actually in the offensive players shorts. Or, just let us decide if we are going to fadeaway, I never liked the idea of protected shots to begin with.

9. Outlet passes: Outlet passes sail over offensive players heads even when the offensive player is wide open down the floor, it's like these guys are playing middle school basketball and need to learn the fundamentals. If the defense is broken and that is why you are making the game play like that, that's not acceptable.

10. Forced Animations: Forced fouls, forced animations where your defender is made to slide over (Like skate over) into an offensive player for a foul. Or, when you try to do a jump stop, instead of being interrupted by the defender and just landing with the ball, the game forces a shot up (forces an animation).
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Check out my YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvHJXrqit8Dc6HBY5P6EmAA

Follow me on Twitter

https://twitter.com/Dee4Three84
Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby BPDHoplite on Wed Apr 12, 2017 6:58 pm

Ok let's see...

1. Being able to use college teams outside of MyCareer
2. When you start MyCareer have attribute upgrades the old way instead of acrhitypes.
3. When starting MyCareer have an option to just play the rookie showcase and go straight into the NBA or have a legit college career. Deciding if you want to apply for the draft or not at the end of each year. At least 4 of the Big Conferences so the Final Four can be a thing.
4. Having the D-League back in MyGm so young players can develop
5. Choice of shot meters would be a nice feature and give it a retro feel playing with classic teams
6. More Classic teams
7. Real 2K draft classes and at least make the generics look more realistic.
8. Bring back create a team with all the expansion functions outside of My league and mygm.
Used to be called DaCrispy

YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCkG6-Q ... 6S0t9jikJQ
NCAA Bsketball 18 - viewtopic.php?f=153&t=104626
College Hoops 2K - viewtopic.php?f=136&t=106815
Update Mods for NBA 2K11 - viewtopic.php?f=136&t=105434
Updated G-League for 2K11 - viewtopic.php?f=136&t=106723
Discord - https://discord.gg/J6mFNkeFDd
BPDHoplite
Still the NLSCs resident Jimmermaniac
Contributor

Postby Phil89 on Sun Apr 16, 2017 8:43 pm

Andrew wrote:Add the ability to create alternate, retro, and event night jerseys for re-branded teams.

That would be pretty handy. Right now I have to keep switching between two different rebranding profiles just to have that alternate third jersey.

It would also be nice to be able to create jerseys for the rising stars game. The current black and white jerseys are very plain.
My Stories
LIVE 10 - Thunder I, Thunder II
2K13 - Wizards / 2K15 - Sixers / 2K16 - Sixers / 2K17 - Suns / 2K19 - Thunder
Phil89

Postby Andrew on Sun Apr 16, 2017 9:12 pm

Hopefully, it won't be too difficult to incorporate the USA vs The World concept, in which case they've got accurate jerseys to use anyway.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Demarcusj23 on Mon Apr 24, 2017 4:32 pm

I have played mycareer since it was introduced into the 2k series and their were features that were implemented through out its life that could of been expanded on and brung back would greatly improve mycareer going foward. For me the big issue with mycareer since it hit next gen has been the lack of longevity after the work of the story ran its course. So the additions i would like to see comeback also had cutscenes attached to them as well so that will also keep the mode alive after the story is done which is what alot of people

Revamped reintroductions:

Mentors- i believe 2k15 this was added. Would love to see this comeback but this time around maybe with the connections system you implented that can activate or give us the option to pick them as a mentor if that connection is a teammate and depending on how we play on court together we get a timed boost in play. Also after our first yr we can become eligible to become mentors for rookies or younger talent on roster which can improve their play increase their minutes or over stats over time

Social media- the ability we were given also in 2k15 was responding to endorsement opportunities and write to other nba players as you unlocked them. The feature within that i would like to see be brung back is the ability to form big 3's. It was a option but wasnt effective and didnt do anything. Bringing the ability to form big 3s through social media from other nba players throwing the idea through tweets or being persuaded from nba connections you have acquired.

Agents- a nice addition would be to give us 3 preset agents to choose form each have strengths and weaknesses and what the goal they look to accomplish for what best suits the player. Example would be the overview of what you guys have for each team owner in my gm but cater them to agents. And also since we have to deal with vc we can level them up with vc or pay to replace agent with another.

Performance/objectives- this is a older 2k addition but the ability to see how we do against are position match up during the game. We were given a bar and it gave us the indication who was winning the match up and seen a boost in play as the meter filled but depleted when momentum changed. Within that we were given objectives based on our position per game to complete but since we now have vc we can those completed objectives into extra vc instead of affecting team grade.

Attributes- really didnt like the archetypes in 2k17 but i do understand why it was implemented. I believe having archetypes and the current or revisited caps for each but with 2k14 individual attributes broken down so we can choose where we would like to put are vc to our players but still being in line with the caps set for archetypes attributes would be a balance gamers would be welcomed.

Story/cutscene- i believe 2k14 was a decent blueprint to how mycareer should be in terms of flow of content. Setting up the theme sells the story so less story more cutscenes would be very beneficial imo. Many people arent as as compelled to the story as much as they are the cutscenes dealing with things on the court or potential awards. I feel the missimg link is the decisions you make off court doesnt affect on court in vice versa and cutscenes illustrating that would take things up a notch and could be strecthed throughout seasons instead of a drawn out story that last barely the first story.

Rivalry- 2k14 jackson ellis rivalry and games put me in a competitive space each time we met. Seeing a rivalry system implemented would give meaning to games and individual player matchups. I think the easiest way to get it running is through the same conference seeing that u play your same conference opponents the most. A rivalry or rivalries can be brewed by out playing opponents or provoked by media through social media stemming from your play on the court and potential to be the best in your position or entire league.

Sorry for long thread i have more ideas and i dont do threads but i thought i try and share some ideas for a game i grew up with.
Demarcusj23

Postby jankarlo26 on Thu May 04, 2017 3:31 am

"For playoff presentation when a game is over show a camera shot or cutscene facing the team walking through the tunnels untucking their jerseys like a real life presentation. If its the losing team have them walking through the tunnels with their heads down with untucked jerseys"

As I would love to see the players passing through the tunnel at the end of the games :bowdown2: :bowdown2: :bowdown2: :bowdown2: :bowdown2: :bowdown2: :bowdown2: :bowdown2: :bowdown2: :bowdown2: :bowdown2: :bowdown2: :bowdown2: :bowdown2: :bowdown2: :bowdown2: :bowdown2:
jankarlo26

Postby JWL3 on Wed May 10, 2017 6:10 am

In MyPark, it would be awesome to add a stat that shows your past record Wins-Losses against another player. For the gloat factor. Can't be that hard.

And NO MORE CHEATING/HACKING on the PC!!!!!!
JWL3

Postby BronBron06 on Sat May 20, 2017 1:43 am

:applaud: BIG BALLER BRAND :applaud:

This Lavar Ball thing is way more entertaining than the NBA playoffs so far. :wink:
BronBron06

Postby losjosh on Mon Jun 05, 2017 11:43 pm

MyCOACH Mode
Sort of like a MyCareer Mode or MyGM but this time you're a coach and you have to improve your players by training them. You can make plays and can control your players. Hell you can even have like a Hero Player. A rising star who just made it into the league and he can become like where the story revolves around.

Being able to use COLLEGE TEAMS.

MORE CLASSIC TEAMS.

WHERE IS REGGIE MILLER????

MORE COMMENTATORS hopefully more humorous commentators.

MORE SIDELINE REPORTERS.

TNT Sponsorship
Follow my Facebook page for more updates @ https://www.facebook.com/LosJosh-MODS-109649007418013

Consider Donating: https://www.paypal.me/losjosh

For Requests: joshuacarlos19@gmail.com
losjosh

Postby volsey on Tue Jun 06, 2017 3:08 pm

Honestly I'm not buying 2k18 unless there are substantial upgrades to AI logic and player movement. Every year they say it's improved, and often it is in areas, but just as often it gets broken in other areas. Fast breaks are broken this year, while in the past they were fine; Late game situations are broken, player acceleration and speed still look like a PS2 game with fancy lighting and textures. Nearly every 'feature' they've added to gameplay in the past few years I could have lived without for the most part as long as the game would have been still fun to play single player while fair and competitive.

But it almost surely seems online and 'esports' is going to be their focus. And as such I have very little anticipation for 2k18. And it's not because I flat out dislike playing online. It's because I have barely been able to play online in the past 3 games on PC. Balancing the game around human components who cheese at all costs tend to ruin the balance for playing against AI opponents.

I think it's laughable that a game with this long of a legacy can't seem to get fundamentals of basketball correct. YAY THEY ADDED NEW SOCKS AND 1,000,000 NEW ANIMATIONS, THAT MAKES THE FACT THAT THE CPU CAN'T FIGURE OUT: FAST BREAKS, CORRECT PLAYER ROTATIONS ON DEFENSE, LATE GAME SITUATIONAL AWARENESS, CORRECT SUBSTITUTION PATTERNS, FLUID OFFENSIVE MOVEMENTS, TEAMMATE REACTIONS TO YOUR POSITIONING, OFF BALL MOVEMENT AND CUTS. BUT THAT'S ALL GOOD BECAUSE THERES A NEW SOUNDTRACK AND IT'S PRODUCED BY THIS YEARS HOTTEST NEW R&B ARTIST DR.BUMBLECLUCK. I can't tell if the fan base has just grown so large that wanting an actual sim basketball game has become the niche or what. All I know is I pick up the game every few weeks, play one game and get turned off by all features that I don't value, and then completely disappointed with the core gameplay. I want the days of 2k11 back, and I want Live to bring some competition to the complacent people over at 2K.

Also maybe it's just me, but I remember before the game would come out, there'd be video after video of the devs talking about the aspects of the GAMEPLAY that they focused on each year. Correct me if I'm wrong but there was little to none of that the last 2 releases. Instead we get dull videos of 2 guys playing with the lifeless disconnected commentary of Ronnie2k in the background... whose the genius who thought that would be a great way to market the game pre-release?
volsey

PreviousNext

Return to NBA 2K18