Dear Devs... (General Feedback)

Talk about NBA 2K17 here.

Re: Dear Devs... (General Feedback)

Postby devomatic on Thu Oct 06, 2016 1:56 pm

joosegoose wrote:Also, it doesn't seem to progress whatsoever in MyLeague.

It does, just not very often. I've gotten +1 intangibles randomly after doing drills in practice. both team practice and open gym with teammates.
devomatic

Postby joosegoose on Tue Oct 18, 2016 2:12 am

A user over on OS created a randomized player generated for draft classes that we are finding to be much better than the ingame prospects. If his work could somehow be implemented (bonus: updated in a roster update!), it would be TREMENDOUS.

http://www.operationsports.com/forums/n ... asses.html
joosegoose

Postby hedop on Fri Oct 28, 2016 7:37 pm

Did they finally fix the injury bug plaguing MyGM and MyLeague?
hedop

Postby Andrew on Fri Oct 28, 2016 9:27 pm

No word on Patch 1.05 yet and I'm still seeing similar issues in MyCAREER, so I'd say it remains unresolved for the moment.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby hedop on Sat Oct 29, 2016 1:02 am

Andrew wrote:No word on Patch 1.05 yet and I'm still seeing similar issues in MyCAREER, so I'd say it remains unresolved for the moment.

Well that means I won't touch the game until it's fixed.
hedop

Postby dwayne12345 on Sun Oct 30, 2016 12:49 am

Dear Devs,

This may be a small oversight but for long term Franchise mode players being able to see a Coach's statistical history would be a welcome addition. Among things that would help would be:

W-L record as a Head Coach
Job History: Something like this when you right click on a staff member
2016-2021 Head Scout Miami Heat
2021-2023 Asst. Coach Miami Heat
2024-2025 Head Coach Dallas Mavericks
Record as Head Coach W-L, 32-50

Something like that.
dwayne12345

Postby JWL3 on Wed Dec 14, 2016 5:45 pm

I've given up on refs fixing the rampant cheating in PC mypark and pro am via Cheat Engine. So here are some other suggestions for 2K18 -

How about server admins? And ping times for users so we don't end up in really laggy games? Sometimes, I end up losing because the stick was not responsive only to be told by friends that the game was laggy as heck.
JWL3

Postby I Hate Mondays on Fri Dec 16, 2016 7:18 am

Dear Devs, I don't think anyone reads this post, but anyways. I hope you can patch and optimize the PC version of the game so we can run the AA setting to 8. For now, we can only go as far as 4, if we go further the game stutters like a 15 year old PC trying to run Crysis 3. Cheers!
I Hate Mondays

Postby sticky-fingers on Wed Dec 28, 2016 8:59 pm

Dear Devs, fix pump fake
CPU never fall for pump fakes in 2K17 whatever you try with the sliders
Thanks
sticky-fingers

Postby hova- on Mon Jan 02, 2017 7:12 am

Okay, I got the game and I have to say I am very disappointed.

First of all I should mention that I have tried all sorts of slider, game play, speed, defensive settings etc.

The AI teammates are just horrible. They wander around like they are not in the plays and the rotations are so far off that the CPU ends up cutting in the zone crushing me for points in the paint all the time. On the other side I am able to exploit that a lot, too. The pick and roll defense is very inconsistent, I'd say 70% of the time it is just not good. And it kicks off a chain of bad rotations that cannot be improved even by using a lot of different defensive settings.

The system for good or bad shots seems to be broken, too. How can I not hit a lot of open corner threes with Harrison Barnes (corner badge) and on the other side of the court Garret Temple shoots faders right in my face (I have same sliders for CPU and me). I watch a lot of basketball and it does not feel like I can use the skills showcased by the players IRL in my game.

Sometimes you can beat the CPU off the dribble, sometimes not, no matter which matchup. This means going with JJ Barea vs Kosta Kofous feels the same as going vs Ty Lawson.

Players just don't stay attached to their opponents which causes a lot of simple slicing passes in the paint leading to a free bucket as the defender got lost somewhere on his way from the offensive possession back on D.

I played all the other 2ks and 2k14 for example was way better with it's AI. Right now the game feels broken, not very sim and the CPU has a crystal clear advantage exploiting the bad AI of the defense.

Anybody else feeling like this?

It's a shame because I love the graphics, modes etc. But the gameplay is just broken.
hova-
Two time Hall Of Famer

Postby anastasis16 on Sat Jan 07, 2017 12:04 am

Please get rid of the UPDATE REQUIRED! that tends to show up during games. I'm saying it's quite annoying and it does a very good job of breaking up the immersion of playing the game. Please 2K.
anastasis16

Postby Andrew on Sat Jan 07, 2017 12:32 am

Definitely an annoyance during online play. If there's a way to delay it until we're back in the menus, that would be ideal. I'm guessing that'll have to wait until NBA 2K18 though, unless they can patch in that functionality.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby deodorantthief1 on Mon Mar 27, 2017 3:35 pm

MyGm mode and the dumb rule changes (7 fouls? for real, lol?). I accidentally started it up not knowing what it was b/c I stopped playing at 2K15 when it was incorporated. Maybe there's a way to counter them, but it was going well until that and others were passed.

And again ... holy crap ... the statistics ... it probably applies for others, but it is the most evident with the rebounding. Its like they stopped caring or the people in charge of it were both incompetent and drunk post-2014.

Aside from those, it's still terrific. Official incorporation of more team specific advertisements and those player chit chats on the bench, interviews, commentaries, etc. I don't know what they can jam pack in there, but more the better. :mrgreen:
deodorantthief1

Postby Andrew on Mon Mar 27, 2017 6:32 pm

Voting against rule changes in MyGM vetoes them. It originally didn't because of a bug, but that was fixed in one of the early patches.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby deodorantthief1 on Mon Mar 27, 2017 7:38 pm

Andrew wrote:Voting against rule changes in MyGM vetoes them. It originally didn't because of a bug, but that was fixed in one of the early patches.

Ah, I haven't gone into it after patching, I'll give it another look to confirm. Yeah, my opinion was basically asked and the rule was passed anyway. In MyLeague I had complete control and struck them down immediately.
deodorantthief1

Postby Andrew on Mon Mar 27, 2017 7:50 pm

I tend to prefer MyLEAGUE because of that, but yeah, it was always intended to be a veto option in MyGM. Unfortunately it was bugged out of the box, but fortunately it was fixable.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby deodorantthief1 on Tue Mar 28, 2017 1:13 pm

Btw, what's up with those air balls at the free throw line? lol
deodorantthief1

Postby Jackal on Wed Mar 29, 2017 11:54 pm

hova- wrote:Okay, I got the game and I have to say I am very disappointed.

It's a shame because I love the graphics, modes etc. But the gameplay is just broken.

I agree with this, especially about players not playing like they "should" play. Big on little doesn't have much of an impact.

It's a very pretty game, really pretty but the players seem disconnected from what's going on and it just feels off for me. Presentation is amazing though.
Jackal

Postby Dee4Three on Thu Mar 30, 2017 12:08 am

First of all I should mention that I have tried all sorts of slider, game play, speed, defensive settings etc.

The AI teammates are just horrible. They wander around like they are not in the plays and the rotations are so far off that the CPU ends up cutting in the zone crushing me for points in the paint all the time. On the other side I am able to exploit that a lot, too. The pick and roll defense is very inconsistent, I'd say 70% of the time it is just not good. And it kicks off a chain of bad rotations that cannot be improved even by using a lot of different defensive settings.

The system for good or bad shots seems to be broken, too. How can I not hit a lot of open corner threes with Harrison Barnes (corner badge) and on the other side of the court Garret Temple shoots faders right in my face (I have same sliders for CPU and me). I watch a lot of basketball and it does not feel like I can use the skills showcased by the players IRL in my game.

Sometimes you can beat the CPU off the dribble, sometimes not, no matter which matchup. This means going with JJ Barea vs Kosta Kofous feels the same as going vs Ty Lawson.

Players just don't stay attached to their opponents which causes a lot of simple slicing passes in the paint leading to a free bucket as the defender got lost somewhere on his way from the offensive possession back on D.

I played all the other 2ks and 2k14 for example was way better with it's AI. Right now the game feels broken, not very sim and the CPU has a crystal clear advantage exploiting the bad AI of the defense.

Anybody else feeling like this?

I know this post is from January, but this sums up a lot of my feelings about this game (as you have seen in my other thread). There is a disconnect from the players on the floor, the players don't interact properly. AI defensive players just standing around while the AI offensive player just walks into the lane or backdoors, or just stands wide open somewhere on the court. Players getting caught on eachother all over the court.

Forced animations is the other big gripe... I can first step my guy, and clearly have a lane to the hoop, and the defender is FORCED in front of me (slides awkwardly and unrealistically into me really fast) and its either a foul, a strip or a forced shot brick. It completely ruins the flow.

I'm hoping the devs are reading this.

Also, how do you go from the good body types of NBA 2K15 and NBA 2K16 to these body types? The players don't look like athletes, with little to no muscles on them, and the skinny body types are so unrealistic. No NBA players look like that (Even Brandon Ingram has a little muscle), but giving these body types to Stockton/Penny/Jason Terry/Dominique Wilkins/Kevin Willis etc?. I just don't understand how that gets passed production.. it's horrible.
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Check out my YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvHJXrqit8Dc6HBY5P6EmAA

Follow me on Twitter

https://twitter.com/Dee4Three84
Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby StyxTx on Thu Mar 30, 2017 5:55 am

Jackal wrote:

I agree with this, especially about players not playing like they "should" play. Big on little doesn't have much of an impact.

It's a very pretty game, really pretty but the players seem disconnected from what's going on and it just feels off for me. Presentation is amazing though.

Got that right. They'll stand there while a free throw will bounce off the rim and hit them in the face and then act like nothing happened.
StyxTx

Postby sticky-fingers on Fri May 26, 2017 8:06 pm

Dears Devs, i've paid for a game, so please REMOVE fucking ADS for your VC and others parterships.

Otherwize, release a Free2Play.
sticky-fingers

Postby sticky-fingers on Sun Jun 04, 2017 7:03 pm

Dears devs, as some users (buyers for you) write here, the game is worse and worse after the updates.

I will be great if you could add this simple feature in Steam (even if we can only play disconnected) :

We could play the game as it was at the release.
Indies devs. can do it, so 2K should be able too.
sticky-fingers

Previous

Return to NBA 2K17