Seattle Supersonics 2K17 (S2: 2018 NBA Champions! + Retirees + Draft Lottery)

Tell stories based on your franchise and career mode games here.

Re: Seattle Supersonics 2K17 (S2: 5-5 + Dion Freakin' Waiters!)

Postby Kenny on Sat Mar 18, 2017 11:08 pm

Andrew wrote:Ah, of course. Yours is the classic episode, so you win that one. :lol:

It's not a dominant start, but I could see you taking charge as the season goes on. Porter's looking like a good acquisition.

I'd consider the medical marijuana episode to be a classic as well, so I think we're both winners.

I really like Porter so far. He has the Wildcard badge, which means he's a little inconsistent, but I'm still getting pretty good production from him. It'll be interesting to see how he's rated in NBA 2K18, mainly because of his three point shooting. I think he's going to see a bit of a rating spike in the next game.

zzcoolj21 wrote:AS IT WAS PREDICTED IN THE OLD TESTAMENT

:bowdown:
AND GOD SAID "YOU SHALL RISE FROM THE ASHES OF ARRON AFFLALO, AND FROM HIM, YOU SHALL BE R11BORN" -Porzinguel 11:11
:bowdown2:

MAY HE BLESS THE SONICS OF SEATTLE WITH MANY GOLDEN RINGS

edit: Also Afflalo died for our wins

Wouldn't be the first time. In my 2K15 Nuggets dynasty, Gary Harris (AKA Gazza Hazza) emerged as a star and I believe I traded Afflalo to the Warriors. So this all looks pretty similar. He could still be a good bench player for this team, but at the moment, I'm really enjoying having Brandon Rush and Tony Snell in my rotation.

I dunno, we'll see what happens.
Kenny
Thon Maker's Biggest Fan.
NLSC Team Member

Re: Seattle Supersonics 2K17 (S2: 5-5 + Dion Freakin' Waiters!)

Postby Kenny on Sat Mar 18, 2017 11:09 pm

Sonics Fall Short Against Spurs

The Spurs managed to come away with a 120-117 win against the Sonics. Starting the 4th quarter with a 12-point deficit, the Sonics got within 1 when Otto Porter hit a clutch three in the dying moments. But after Kawhi Leonard hit both of his free throws, Dion Waiters was unable to hit the game-tying shot.

Andrew Nicholson (26 points, 11 rebounds) and Otto Porter (22 points) led the way once again, while Dion Waiters (19 points, 9 assists) was also influential. While the starters were getting it done, Wilson Chandler and Brandon Rush were the best from the Sonics’ bench, with 13 and 10 respectively.

Despite great performances from the Sonics’ best offensive players, the Spurs had the power in numbers with 6 double-digit scorers. Along with his clutch free throws, Kawhi Leonard led the way with 20 points. Manu Ginobili (18 points) ignited the Spurs from the bench, while Pau Gasol (10 rebounds) and Tony Parker both scored 17 points each. LaMarcus Aldridge (15 points) and Alexis Ajinca (12 points, 9 rebounds) also contributed to the win.

Sonics Slide to Second Straight Loss

The Magic picked up a 94-89 win against the Sonics, off the back of a strong performance from Nikola Vucevic. The centre was influential in the paint, tallying 20 points and 14 rebounds. Evan Fournier (5-14) was fairly inefficient, but still ended up with 14 points. Joe Ingles also managed to be influential by scoring 12 points.

For the Sonics, Otto Porter (21 points, 6 rebounds) and Andrew Nicholson (19 points, 8 rebounds) led the way on offence once again. Unfortunately for the Sonics, Dion Waiters had a slightly off night. The mercurial guard tallied 15 points off 4-15 from the field. On the plus side, the Sonics did manage to get good production from bench player Tony Snell, who scored 13 points.

Sonics Regain Form at MSG

The Sonics stopped their losing streak at Madison Square Garden, with a 99-84 win against the Knicks.

After a subpar game against the Magic, Dion Waiters’ form came back against the Knicks and he led the Sonics with 23 points. Brandon Rush once again enjoyed more minutes, tallying 14 points, which made up for a slightly off night from Otto Porter, who scored 13. Patty Mills (12 assists) and Andrew Nicholson (9 rebounds) both ended up with 12 points each, while Andrew Bogut registered a double-double with 10 points and 13 rebounds.

For the Knicks, Kristaps Porzingis (21 points) and Carmelo Anthony (19 points) were a formidable combination once again, but didn’t have a whole lot of offensive production otherwise. Derrick Rose (11 points, 8 rebounds) was the only other double-digit scorer for the home team.

Sonics Storm Back Against Thunder

Despite a dominant performance from Russell Westbrook, the Sonics managed to pick up a 116-111 against the Thunder. The reigning MVP had 39 points, 5 rebounds, 8 assists and 4 steals on the night, while former Sonic Vince Carter had 19 points.

But the Sonics had great performances across the board, with Andrew Nicholson (20 points) leading the way on offence. Otto Porter had 19 points and 8 rebounds, while Patty Mills (9 assists), Tony Snell and Dion Waiters all scored 18 points each.

Sonics Continue Dominance Against Barons

The Sonics picked up an emphatic series sweep against the Barons, winning 113-92 in Baltimore.

It was Patty’s best performance of the season, as the Boomers’ point guard poured in 30 points. As well as hitting a season high 7 threes, Mills also tallied 8 assists and 5 steals on the night. Dion Waiters (23 points) was also deadly from beyond the arc, hitting 4-7. Tony Snell added 12 off the bench, while Otto Porter was relatively quiet with 10 points.

The Barons were once again overwhelmed by the Sonics. Even though they had 5 players in double figures, no one had a particularly significant impact. Marreese Speights was their best player, with 14 points and 8 rebounds.

Last 5 Games

@SAN
ORL
@NYK
@OKC
@BAL

Overall: 8-7

Injury List

Arron Afflalo – Torn Right MCL – 6-8 Weeks (Out)
Boban Marjanovic – Spinal Injury – 4-6 Weeks (Out)

Kenny
NLSC Team Member

Re: Seattle Supersonics 2K17 (S2: 8-7)

Postby Andrew on Sat Mar 18, 2017 11:48 pm

Looks like you're starting to right the ship.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Phil89 on Mon Mar 20, 2017 4:20 pm

Love the Otto signing. Apparently he is one of the best three-point shooters in the NBA this season IRL (Y)

So far he looks like he is worth every penny.
My Stories
LIVE 10 - Thunder I, Thunder II
2K13 - Wizards / 2K15 - Sixers / 2K16 - Sixers / 2K17 - Suns / 2K19 - Thunder
Phil89

Postby Valor on Sat Mar 25, 2017 6:29 pm

A bit late to the party but gotta say I love all those myteam references/digs :applaud: Rough start to the season but it does seem like you are getting the hang of it again (Y)
Valor
Fire GarPax

Postby Kenny on Sun Mar 26, 2017 9:54 pm

Andrew wrote:Looks like you're starting to right the ship.

As I mentioned on the podcast, I'm finding some really interesting rotations with Snell and Rush. If it keeps up, I might start shopping Afflalo when he gets back from injury.

Phil89 wrote:Love the Otto signing. Apparently he is one of the best three-point shooters in the NBA this season IRL (Y)

So far he looks like he is worth every penny.

I believe he's leading the league in 3PT%... unless someone has topped him at this point. I think I have always liked Otto, because when I went to a game in DC, the people around me seemed to dismiss him early on. So I kind of wanted him to succeed after that. He's definitely been worth the price so far, and I'm hoping he'll end up getting paid in real life as well.

Valor wrote:A bit late to the party but gotta say I love all those myteam references/digs :applaud: Rough start to the season but it does seem like you are getting the hang of it again (Y)

Had to throw them in there after signing Brandon Rush and Jarnell Stokes. I mean really, an F Grade?!

It was a rough start. I think I was really missing Boban, but I've managed to adjust. Stokes is actually quite solid on defence, but has little-to-no offensive game whatsoever.
Kenny
NLSC Team Member

Postby Kenny on Sun Mar 26, 2017 9:55 pm

Porter and Waiters Serve Defeat to the Suns

Otto Porter and Dion Waiters were on a tear in the Sonics’ 114-96 win against the Suns.

The new Seattle wing combination both scored 28 points each, while Andrew Nicholson (13 points, 9 rebounds) and Andrew Bogut (11 points, 14 rebounds) were proficient in the paint.

For the Suns, Devin Booker (24 points) and Dragan Bender (19 points, 11 rebounds) made the biggest impact, while Brandon Knight had 14 points and 6 assists. Eric Bledoe (11 assists) and Andre Iguodala both scored 10 points each.

Sonics Get Revenge Against Blazers

The Sonics picked up the first game of the anticipated Portland season series, with a 107-100 win.

Andrew Nicholson picked up where he left off in the Conference Semi Finals, leading the Sonics with 24 points and 6 rebounds. Dion Waiters (17 points, 6 assists) and Patty Mills (16 points, 9 assists) controlled the game from the backcourt, while Otto Porter (14 points, 5 rebounds) and Wilson Chandler (10 points, 6 rebounds) also contributed.

Damian Lillard (27 points, 9 assists) and C.J. McCollum (22 points, 5 assists) were once again the focal point for the Blazers, while the likes of Ed Davis (13 points), Noah Vonleh (11 points, 7 rebounds), and Mason Plumlee (10 points, 8 rebounds) complemented the two stars pretty well. However, the Blazers were put on the back foot early with the Sonics leading by as many as 25 points, meaning they had to play catch-up basketball for most of the game.

Otto Dethrones the Kings

Otto Porter’s season went to a new high in the Sonics’ 108-96 win against the Kings.

Porter scored a career high 35 points for the Sonics, including 7 three pointers. It was also a big night for Tony Snell. The Sonics swingman has had some great minutes off the bench since being placed in the rotation, and against the Kings he had a season high 20 points. Dion Waiters also added 15 points, while Andrew Nicholson registered a double-double, with 13 points and 10 rebounds.

For the Kings, DeMarcus Cousins (20 points, 7 rebounds) and Darren Collison (19 points, 5 assists) had the most impact, while Garrett Temple and Jodie Meeks scored 14 and 11 respectively.

Sonics Continue to Flex Against Warriors

The Sonics continued their winning streak with the biggest upset of the season, beating the Warriors 116-92.

Otto Porter top scored once again, tallying 21 points. Andrew Nicholson and Dion Waiters both added 19 points each, while Patty Mills had 17 points and 8 assists. Former Warriors championship winners Shaun Livingston and Brandon Rush provided an offensive impact off the bench, with 10 points each.

The Warriors got great production out of Kevin Durant and Klay Thompson, with both players scoring 24 points each. However, Stephen Curry had his struggles on the night. Even though he managed 22 points, he scored off an inefficient 8-25 shooting, which included 6-18 from beyond the arc.

The Sonics got off to a great start, leading 58-37 at the end of the first half. Even though the reigning champs cut the lead to 10 by the start of the 4th quarter, the Sonics stormed home towards the end.

Sonics Make it 8 Straight Against Pistons

The Sonics had 5 players in double figures, led by Andrew Nicholson (22 points, 12 rebounds) and Patty Mills (20 points, 8 assists). Dion Waiters and Brandon Rush scored 14 points each, while Otto Porter added 11.

Reggie Jackson looked the most comfortable for the Pistons, as he tallied 19 points and 12 assists. Ben McLemore scored 15 points, while Tobias Harris had 14 points.

After an indifferent start to the season, it looks like the Sonics have now found their stride. Can they keep it going in their next performance against the Blazers?

Last 5 Games

PHX: 114-96 W
@POR: 107-100 W
SAC: 106-96 W
GSW: 116-92 W
DET: 104-90 W

Overall: 13-7

Injury List

Arron Afflalo – Torn Right MCL – 6-8 Weeks (Out)
Boban Marjanovic – Spinal Injury – 4-6 Weeks (Out)

Kenny
NLSC Team Member

Postby Kenny on Sun Mar 26, 2017 9:55 pm

The First Round of All-Star Votes Are In!

Western Conference

Frontcourt

Kevin Durant 1,169,504
Karl-Anthony Towns 744,480
DeMarcus Cousins 736,793
Anthony Davis 671,451
Kawhi Leonard 628,787
DeAndre Jordan 623,071
Blake Griffin 619,415
Marc Gasol 591,290
Draymond Green 521,176
Paul Millsap 462,860

Backcourt

Stephen Curry 1,085,221
Russell Westbrook 870,582
James Harden 834,610
Damian Lillard 674,853
C.J. McCollum 551,994
Chris Paul 526,020
Mike Conley 511,366
Klay Thompson 498,813
Eric Bledsoe 467,491
D’Angelo Russell 414,317

Eastern Conference

Frontcourt

LeBron James 1,169,850
Carmelo Anthony 919,998
Paul George 891,591
Andre Drummond 665,682
Al Horford 629,416
Ben Simmons 495,797
Dwight Howard 472,326
Gordon Hayward 465,728
Giannis Antetokounmpo 457,114
Jonas Valanciunas 438,476

Backcourt

Kyle Lowry 733,384
Kyrie Irving 721,580
DeMar DeRozan 719,058
Jimmy Butler 668,951
Dwyane Wade 573,506
John Wall 551,387
Isaiah Thomas 549,298
Kemba Walker 486,227
Reggie Jackson 440,213
Derrick Rose 423,995
Kenny
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Sun Mar 26, 2017 10:00 pm

Fine run there. Definitely a Warriors flex, too. :lol:
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Re: Seattle Supersonics 2K17 (S2: 13-7 + First All-Star Votes)

Postby Valor on Tue Apr 04, 2017 8:51 am

All you do is win win win no matter what.....
Valor
Fire GarPax

Postby Lamrock on Wed Apr 05, 2017 8:04 am

My Blazers would kick his team's ass though. :cool:

btw, does 2K17 have the Export Team feature? I doubt it, but if it did, we could actually make that showdown a reality. I'm not that great at 2K, so Kenny would probably kick my ass though. :lol:

What would be GOAT would be if us association story people had an online association together. Unfortunately, we're all adults at this point and that would be impossible to coordinate. If only that feature had existed a few years ago.
Lamrock

Postby Phil89 on Wed Apr 05, 2017 4:47 pm

You seem to have a very nice Spurs-esque balance to your team right now. Everyone is contributing and has a shot at being the main guy on any given night.

Also, I have to say there is something kinda nice about seeing Dion Waiters be a productive NBA player. Good for him.
My Stories
Phil89

Postby Valor on Thu Apr 06, 2017 6:22 am

Lamrock wrote:What would be GOAT would be if us association story people had an online association together. Unfortunately, we're all adults at this point and that would be impossible to coordinate. If only that feature had existed a few years ago.

Yeah we were actually pondering that idea before 2k17 came out, but then they went with the fantasy basketball-esque concept for online MyLeague instead of regular so we dropped it. RL responsibilities + time difference makes it hard to coordinate too.
Valor
Fire GarPax

Postby Kenny on Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:58 pm

Andrew wrote:Fine run there. Definitely a Warriors flex, too. :lol:

Also caught Dion doing this:

He's my favourite :lol:

Valor wrote:All you do is win win win no matter what.....

AND DEY STAY DERE!

Lamrock wrote:My Blazers would kick his team's ass though. :cool:

btw, does 2K17 have the Export Team feature? I doubt it, but if it did, we could actually make that showdown a reality. I'm not that great at 2K, so Kenny would probably kick my ass though. :lol:

What would be GOAT would be if us association story people had an online association together. Unfortunately, we're all adults at this point and that would be impossible to coordinate. If only that feature had existed a few years ago.

Valor wrote:
Lamrock wrote:What would be GOAT would be if us association story people had an online association together. Unfortunately, we're all adults at this point and that would be impossible to coordinate. If only that feature had existed a few years ago.

Yeah we were actually pondering that idea before 2k17 came out, but then they went with the fantasy basketball-esque concept for online MyLeague instead of regular so we dropped it. RL responsibilities + time difference makes it hard to coordinate too.

Haven't checked out if there is a feature like that, but I've found roster editing in general to be pretty limited in NBA 2K17 (at least on PS4). I think the game would be pretty even, since AI defence isn't great. And it would come down to who could make the most jumpshots, because no one would be getting past Gobert or Bogut.

As Valor said, we had that idea originally before NBA 2K17 was released, but it fell apart when we found out that you can't do expansion drafts in MyLEAGUE Online. We were each going to take control of an expansion side and do the online thing with 4-6 people. I think if we made it so we only had to play each other once per season (29 game schedule), we could still make it work.

Phil89 wrote:You seem to have a very nice Spurs-esque balance to your team right now. Everyone is contributing and has a shot at being the main guy on any given night.

Also, I have to say there is something kinda nice about seeing Dion Waiters be a productive NBA player. Good for him.

Well, I did steal their assistant coach in the off-season :cool: but yeah, I've always liked playing that way. It's probably why I found the Nuggets sans Melo to be far more interesting.

I really like Dion Waiters. It was cool to see him find a niche in Miami this season, and he's always been a J.R. Smith type in basketball video games.
Kenny
NLSC Team Member

Postby Kenny on Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:59 pm

Sonics Beat Blazers, Extend Streak to 9

The Sonics once again got sweet revenge against the Blazers, with a 107-95 win in Portland.

Dion Waiters led the Sonics with 20 points, while Otto Porter added 15. The Andrews were also a key factor in the game, as Bogut (14 points, 18 rebounds, 6 blocks) and Nicholson (14 points, 14 rebounds, 6 assists) proved dominant in the paint. Patty Mills also had a decent game, with 12 points and 7 assists.

The Blazers once again got great service out of C.J. McCollum and Damian Lillard, with each player scoring 31 and 21 respectively. Festus Ezeli (11 points, 6 rebounds) and Ed Davis (11 points, 10 rebounds) both had solid outings, but couldn’t equal the Andrews intensity on the boards.

Rebounding proved to be a key factor in the game, as the Sonics managed to be +11 on overall rebounds.

Sonics Win Ugly Against the Bulls

The Sonics ground out a 77-75 win against the Bulls, extending their streak to 10. The game narrowly missed an overtime period after Jimmy Butler missed a running contested layup at the buzzer.

It wasn’t a game for people who love the usual free-flowing offence of the Sonics, as Andrew Nicholson was the only player who looked convincing for the home team. He had 20 points and 8 rebounds on the night. Dion Waiters (5-14) struggled for his 13 points, while Otto Porter scored 10 off 4-9 from the field.

Jimmy Butler was the high-point man for the Bulls, with 20 points. But even Mr Buckets had his struggles from the floor, hitting 9-26 overall. Cody Zeller (12 rebounds) and Nikola Mirotic both added 12 points each, while Matthew Dellavedova registered a double-double, with 10 points and 13 assists.

Sonics Regain Offensive Groove Against Mavs

In a contrast from their previous game against the Bulls, the Sonics had a fine offensive outing in their 113-91 win against the Mavericks.

Otto Porter bounced back in style, leading all scorers with 33 points. The bulk of the other scoring was fairly evenly matched, with Patty Mills, Andrew Nicholson and Dion Waiters all scoring 16 points each.

The never-aging Dirk Nowitzki led the way for the Mavs, with 23 points and 9 rebounds. Alex Len proved to be a good foil for German Jesus, with 17 points and 11 rebounds, while Harrison Barnes (14 points), Wesley Matthews (12 points) and Dennis Smith (10 points) all had meaningful contributions.

With both teams getting solid production offensively, it was simply the question of who would score the most points (thanks, Magic Johnson).

Rush Hour: Sonics Annihilate Blakeless Clippers

The Sonics made the most of playing the Clippers without Blake Griffin, as they tallied an impressive 124-98 win.

This time around, the top scorer for the Sonics came from Brandon Rush. Rush was just one point shy of his career high in points, scoring 28 points off 11-19 from the field. Otto Porter once again proved to be effective, with 21 points, while Dion Waiters had 13 points on the night. With the game won early, Nick Young was able to make the most of his time, scoring 11 points. However, with the game Brandon Rush had, Swaggy P doesn’t appear to be any closer to being a regular part of the rotation.

For the Clippers, J.J. Redick top scored with 20 points. Brice Johnson (16 points, 6 rebounds) did an admirable job in Blake’s absence, but Jamal Crawford proved to be erratic. Crawford scored his 15 points from an inefficient 5-19. Along with Chris Paul’s 10 points from 5-14, the Clippers were ultimately hurt by the Ineffectiveness from their usual offensive stars.

Sonics Keep Rolling Against the Grizzlies

The Sonics managed to come away with a 102-96 win against the Grizzlies. With a narrow 2-point lead at the start of the 4th quarter, the Sonics closed the game with a 23-19 final period.

Otto Porter led the way once again, with 22 points. Dion Waiters was also effective, with 18 points, while Patty Mills (14 points, 9 assists) and Shaun Livingston (11 points, 4 assists) both provided good service at the point. Brandon Rush and Jarnell Stokes both scored 10 points each off the bench.

Gerald Green and Chandler Parsons shared the lead scoring honours for the Grizzlies, with 17 points each. Marc Gasol (14 points, 11 rebounds) provided a solid presence in the paint, while Kelly Olynyk (13 points) and Wade Baldwin (11 points) both provided sparks for the Grizzlies off the bench.

Last 5 Games

@POR: 107-95 W
CHI: 77-75 W
@DAL: 113-91 W
LAC: 124-98 W
MEM: 102-96 W

Overall: 18-7

Injury List

Arron Afflalo – Torn Right MCL – 4-6 Weeks (Out)
Boban Marjanovic – Spinal Injury – 2-4 weeks (Out)
Kenny
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:34 pm

It's shaping up to be a good year.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Phil89 on Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:15 am

You've got his group playing really well right now.

Hopefully everything stays on track and you can go a step further in the playoffs this season (Y)
My Stories
Phil89

Postby Valor on Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:41 pm

That pose by Dion Waiters is gold (Y)
Valor
Fire GarPax

Postby Lamrock on Sat Apr 22, 2017 8:40 am

Otto Porter is OP!
Lamrock

Postby Kenny on Thu May 11, 2017 12:37 am

Andrew wrote:It's shaping up to be a good year.

It sure is. Hopefully the Sonics can bring home their first championship in their 50th anniversary season.

Phil89 wrote:You've got his group playing really well right now.

Hopefully everything stays on track and you can go a step further in the playoffs this season (Y)

I hope so too. I really like this team. Porter is really living up to his potential and I'm finding surprise contributors all over the place.

Valor wrote:That pose by Dion Waiters is gold (Y)

Waiters also does that celebration we used to do in 2K16 after winning Pro-Am and MyPARK games. I'll have to capture it at some point.

Lamrock wrote:Otto Porter is OP!

Totally stealing that at some point.
Kenny
NLSC Team Member

Postby Kenny on Thu May 11, 2017 12:38 am

Nicholson Perfect, Sonics' Win in Memphis

Andrew Nicholson led the Sonics to a 98-94 win against the Memphis Grizzlies. The Canadian forward had a perfect game from the field, scoring his 27 points from 10-10, including 5-5 from beyond the arc. Shaun Livingston was also efficient, scoring 16 points off 5-8. Both of the aforementioned players made up for the poor shooting nights of Dion Waiters (3-11) and Otto Porter (2-10), who managed to score only 13 and 12 respectively. Andrew Bogut also contributed with 10 points.

Gerald Green (19 points) was the go to guy for the Grizzlies, while Marc Gasol and Mike Conley scored 15 points each. Wade Baldwin (14 points) and Deyonta Davis (10 points, 10 rebounds) also helped the Grizzlies keep the game close.

Thunder Halt Sonics’ Streak

The Sonics’ winning streak ended at 14, with the Thunder prevailing 91-89 in Seattle.

Russell Westbrook was once again the focus of the Thunder offence, with 21 points and 10 assists. But it was an inefficient night for the reigning MVP, as he shot 9-28 from the field. Luckily for Westbrook, he had an efficient supporting cast, as Alex Abrines (14 points), Steven Adams (12 points, 10 rebounds), Cameron Payne (10 points) and Trevor Booker (10 points, 9 rebounds) all shot at least 50 percent from the field.

It was the opposite story for the Sonics, with Otto Porter (21 points) being the only player in double figures to shoot over 50 percent. Dion Waiters and Patty Mills both added 13 points each, while Andrew Nicholson came back down to Earth with 10 points off 5-13 from the field.

Sonics Maintain Ascendency Against Blazers

The Sonics picked up a 107-99 win against the Blazers, putting them ahead 3-0 in the season series.

Otto Porter (24 points, 5 rebounds, 4 assists) and Andrew Nicholson (23 points, 11 rebounds) were both outstanding for the home team, while Patty Mills (11 assists) and Wilson Chandler (10 rebounds) registered double-doubles with 13 points each. Dion Waiters also added 11.

For the Blazers, the offensive production once again came mainly from McCollum and Lillard. They combined for 49 points, with McCollum leading the way with 29. However, the combined field goal percentage of 18-46 for the backcourt duo ended up hurting the Blazers down the track. Aside from Lillard and McCollum, Evan Turner (14 points) and Mason Plumlee (10 points) were the only significant contributors on offence for the Blazers.

Dion Finds Form In Denver

The Sonics made one of the league’s toughest road trips look easy, with a 111-82 thumping of the Nuggets in Denver.

After being quiet for the last few games, Dion Waiters was the top scorer for the Sonics with 21 points. Even though Andrew Nicholson (16 points, 9 rebounds) and Otto Porter (15 points) both took a backseat in this game, they were both effective when they did have the ball. Wilson Chandler also found his stride with 14 points and 7 rebounds off the bench.

It wasn’t a pretty game for the Nuggets, as they shot a meagre 37 percent from the field. While Emmanuel Mudiay (14 points) and Deron Williams (12 points) led the scoring for the Nuggets, they also combined for a woeful 7-26 from the field. The shots they took probably should have went to Juancho Hernangomez (5-7) and Nikola Jokic (5-6), who both efficiently scored 11 points each.

Nicholson and Porter Punish the Hawks

After steamrolling the Nuggets, the Sonics managed to make easy work of the Hawks with a 111-89 win.

Andrew Nicholson was in his best form, scoring 35 points. Otto Porter was also effective, with 25 points, while Patty Mills had 14 points and 8 assists.

The Hawks had 5 double-digit scorers, but no one really took command. Gary Neal (17 points) and Ersan Ilyasova (15 points) led the offensive charge, while Dennis Schroder (13 points, 11 assists) and Dwight Howard (12 points, 16 rebounds) both tallied double-doubles. Aaron Brooks added 10 points.

Last 5 Games

@MEM: 98-94 W
OKC: 91-89 L
POR: 107-99 W
@DEN: 111-82 W
ATL: 111-89 W

Overall: 22-8

Injury List

Arron Afflalo – Torn Right MCL – 2-4 Weeks (Out)
Boban Marjanovic – Spinal Injury – 1-2 Weeks (Out)
Kenny
NLSC Team Member

Re: Seattle Supersonics 2K17 (S2: 22-8)

Postby Lamrock on Thu May 11, 2017 5:43 am

Crazy to see Nicholson play so well for you. I had to Google him to see who he even plays for IRL
Lamrock

Postby Kenny on Sun May 14, 2017 11:32 pm

Lamrock wrote:Crazy to see Nicholson play so well for you. I had to Google him to see who he even plays for IRL

He was traded to the NBA equivalent of the Bermuda Triangle, so it's easy to forget. Seriously, aside from Brook Lopez and Jeremy Lin, I struggle to think of any other players from that team at the moment.

But yeah, I've found him to be a good player for me ever since 2K15. He's a good floor spacer and a fairly okay defender from my experiences.
Kenny
NLSC Team Member

Postby Kenny on Sun May 14, 2017 11:34 pm

Porter Too OP For Suns

It was the Otto Porter show in Phoenix when the Sonics beat the Suns 92-82. Porter tallied a career-high 37 points off 13-25 from the field, including 7-11 from beyond the arc. Along with Porter, Andrew Nicholson (17 points, 7 assists) and Andrew Bogut (10 points, 9 rebounds) were the only other Sonics to score in double figures.

The Suns relied on Devin Booker for most of their scoring, and he responded with 21 points off 8-23 from the field. Paul Millsap had a double-double with 12 points and 13 rebounds, while Eric Bledsoe and Dragan Bender chipped in with 10 points each.

Chandler Stands Up Against The Kings

With other more notable scorers struggling against the Kings, the Sonics got great production out of Wilson Chandler in their 89-83 win. Chandler added 24 points off the bench, including 11-12 from the free throw line. Andrew Nicholson was consistent as always, with 18 points and 11 rebounds, while Dion Waiters scored 17.

On the other end, DeMarcus Cousins was the Kings’ leader, with 16 points and 13 rebounds. Darren Collison had 13 points and 6 assists, while Willie Cauley-Stein had 11 points and 5 rebounds off the bench.

Sonics Narrowly Complete Blazers Sweep

Sonics fans all over KeyArena breathed a sigh of relief when C.J. McCollum the game-winning 3 points attempt, which ultimately gave the Sonics the 114-112 win.

The Sonics had three players who scored over 20 points, with Andrew Nicholson (23 points) and Otto Porter (22 points) being the usual suspects. However, the Sonics also found an unexpected offensive spark from Tony Snell, who scored 20 points from the bench. But it’s unlikely that Dion Waiters will be pushed out of his starting role, as 10 of his 16 points came in the final quarter. Patty Mills and Shaun Livingston also reached double figures, with 10 points each.

For the Blazers, McCollum was the go to guy, with 34 points and 7 assists. Damian Lillard was also prominent, with 21 points and 5 assists, while Evan Turner (15 points, 5 rebounds), Noah Vonleh (12 points, 10 rebounds) and Mason Plumlee (10 points, 11 rebounds) playing significant roles as well.

Wiggins Stuns Sonics In OT

The Sonics new winning streak was broken thanks to a 114-112 overtime loss to the Timberwolves.

After Ricky Rubio missed a 3 that would have won the Timberwolves the game, the game was sent to overtime. With the game going back and forth, Andrew Wiggins finally won it for the T-Wolves with this shot. Wiggins ended up with 25 points.

Along with the heroics of Wiggins, Karl-Anthony Towns also had a huge game, tallying 25 points and 15 rebounds. Zach LaVine proved to be dangerous as well, with 22 points, while Kentavious Caldwell-Pope (17 points) and Ricky Rubio (14 points, 14 assists) were also effective on the offensive end.

To match the production from Minnesota, the Sonics had 7 players who scored in double digits. Andrew Nicholson led all Sonics scorers with 23 points, while Otto Porter had 21 points and 8 rebounds. Patty Mills and Brandon Rush scored 18 each, leading a potent supporting cast which included Wilson Chandler (13 points), Dion Waiters (12 points) and Tony Snell (12 points).

Even though the Sonics kept the game close, numerous things didn’t go their way, including Patty Mills picking up his 6th foul in the 3rd quarter. From there, Udoka had to inject seldom-used Bryce Cotton into the point guard rotation, as well as making the unconventional choice of playing Tony Snell at the 1.

This loss ended the Sonics’ latest winning streak at 6.

Waiters, Sonics Get Back on Track in Orlando

Dion Waiters was at his mercurial best in the Sonics 109-93 win against the Magic. The voice of the NBA scored 20 of his 31 points in the first half, putting the Sonics on the front foot from the very beginning. Otto Porter added 21 points, while Andrew Nicholson had 10 points and 7 rebounds. The early lead also allowed the Sonics to clear out their bench, which gave Nick Young an opportunity for extended minutes. He ended up scoring 10 points off 6-7, proving in the process that he still has a lot to offer one of the league’s leading teams.

For the Magic, Nikola Vucevic (19 points, 7 rebounds) and Aaron Gordon (18 points, 5 rebounds, 4 assists) both had flashes of brilliance, but were unable to sustain it for the entire game. Mario Hezonja and J.J. Barea both scored 11 points each, while Elfrid Payton had 10 points and 8 assists.

Last 5 Games

@PHX: 92-82 W
@SAC: 89-83 W
POR: 114-112 W
MIN: 125-123 L
@ORL: 109-93 W

Overall: 26-9

Injury List

Arron Afflalo – Torn Right MCL – 1-2 Weeks (Out)
Kenny
NLSC Team Member

Re: Seattle Supersonics 2K17 (S2: 26-9 + I Hate Andrew Wiggins)

Postby Andrew on Mon May 15, 2017 1:22 am

Still going pretty strong. It doesn't seem like you're missing Afflalo too much.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

PreviousNext

Return to Stories from the Virtual Hardwood