BG's Thread: March Modness Coming Right Up: Trade Deadline Roster

Talk about NBA Live 08 here.

Re: 2016-17 Roster RELEASED!

Postby Book_Gazette on Wed Mar 08, 2017 12:35 pm

Hey guys I'm back with another update (I'm alive...)

My 08 started crashing, and I started working on 2005, but after realizing my playerface.viv was corrupt, I replaced it and everything is back to normal.

My Update (ft. the HUGE trades, signings and injuries):

2016-17 Roster Update-Trade Deadline

Also got an '05 update as well in another forum
Book_Gazette

Postby Andrew on Wed Mar 08, 2017 3:18 pm

Awesome, nicely done. (Y)
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby DiElEl on Mon Apr 10, 2017 5:26 am

Thanks!!!
DiElEl

Postby cn290802 on Tue Jun 06, 2017 12:43 am

Thanks Bro,
Can this be applied to 07?Roster can be used,But the head and the photo did not change,I have copied all of your files,Sorry for my bad English,very thanks.
cn290802

Postby Book_Gazette on Tue Jun 06, 2017 1:27 pm

cn290802 wrote:Thanks Bro,
Can this be applied to 07?Roster can be used,But the head and the photo did not change,I have copied all of your files,Sorry for my bad English,very thanks.

I am not sure if this will work on 07, but the file types should be similar and you probably can see what you can and can't do ( if it crashes or not :D )

If you can't see faces or their photos you are missing their files

Download this (not the roster): NLSC NBA Live 07 Current Roster Update

And look for rookie cyberfaces from the 2013-14, 2014-15, 2015-16, and 2016-17 seasons, and my cyberface updates

Sorry to spew this much, but it have more distinct written down on an older 08 update

Good Luck!
Book_Gazette

Postby yummybear on Tue Aug 08, 2017 1:41 pm

thanks for the good CF's, jersey, courts and for updating the roster up to present. You make other people happy around the world.

By the way, i've been looking for kyle kuzma on the roster but no luck. just wanted to confirm with you guys if he exist already?

- Just discovered this site last month.
yummybear

Postby Book_Gazette on Wed Aug 09, 2017 12:45 am

I don't have him in my last update, but he sounds like a rookie from the latest draft. I'm on vacation and can't confirm or add him next Tuesday when I return.
Book_Gazette

Postby yummybear on Wed Aug 09, 2017 10:28 am

Yes kyle kuzma is a newly drafted rookie this year.

-enjoy your vacation first. thanks!
yummybear

Postby yummybear on Mon Aug 28, 2017 6:25 pm

Wish to see lonzo ball with his afro hair. Thanks
yummybear

Re: NEW PROJECT ANNOUNCEMENT- Modders/Help wanted

Postby Book_Gazette on Tue Sep 05, 2017 7:41 am

Alright, this is a big one coming in...

Hi, I returned from my vacation just a few weeks ago and my school has picked up and I have little time on my hands for modding now that's happened.

However, I have seen some great general chit-chat here in about modding, and so it got me excited for the next season.

I began by making a few tidbit updates at the start of the (I mean) "crazy" offseason, and only two rookie cyberfaces right before I left. (Ball and Fultz).

I noticed the how I could use someone's else's hair ebo file and have been looking into a way to update it for many players that need them.

We've also got many new jerseys this season, including some Nike embroideries on every team now.

With also Sir S_brat back we can finally enjoy quality work in our game!

And a promising look to NBA Live 18 but disappointing news for us PC gamers, we'll only be stuck to this or an unsupportive 2K next-gen game

But here is what is planned from me:

NBA LIVE 18 PC PROJECT

With the tenth anniversary of the Live 08 PC version coming up, we have not seen any further support from EA, but just modders like us

so I've decided on something that could help us enjoy this game and pomp the vintage-ness of the game after 10 years

Here's what's needed to be done:

CYBERFACES

I know Sir S_brat is busy most of the time and so he shouldn't need the bulk of the load in this mod. All we need are just rookie cyberfaces for this season, and pretty much everything else is covered.

I will post a long-needed updated tutorial soon after this post.

I would also love if any of you could try sampling Live 18 cyberfaces, since they would look great on our players in the game and give it the "Live 18" feel. (You should know what to do once you learn how to sample faces in my tutorial)

New Jerseys

Help is badly needed in this section of this mod. We last were given the treatment by TheRealBadger now known as Murat.

We have to have Utah fixed, plus many of the new Nike logos and new jerseys

If anyone could contribute to this any tips of tricks, that would be great

New Courts

Luckily we've been covered by Magiciangirl06's updates, which are top notch phenomenal!
(The format of her updates are usable from Live 2005 all the way to this game!)

These should be easy to make as they just require a basic vector surface and are reflective so exporting it shouldn't be hard after you're done.

Live 18 Feel

This is something new to add. Looking at the Live 14 update and how well it is put together this would be so nice in this type of mod.

A new cover screen, menus, and a custom soundtrack would be amazing.

It would also be nice to have a little play around with the enb settings, which made Live 14 look so good. A modified version would make this be nice, and hopefully resemble the game fully coming back (even to PC!) if EA has a good year.

Also, a new scoreboard would complement it even more.

I was most excited for Live 18's new Pro-Am and I would like to replicate it with some Pro-Am courts/facilities and even a modified roster with the players in the events.

Roster

This is probably the most easiest part to do, and this is the number one soul of this update if it happens. This is why this game is still alive with mods.

Using Ayiep's NBA Live 08 Editor found here: http://nba-live.com/forums/downloads.ph ... df_id=3207

you can make new players, do movements and more importantly create rookies. You can also change attributes, which I'm hoping to get full attributes from Live 18 otherwise NBA 2K18, but they don't reflect their changes next to their names until you change a single stat in-game and then put it back to normal and then it won't be 60 OVR, etc.

With all those retirement pools I had to create, I hope many of you guys can find a way and use the dbf editor and manually put these guys in the official retirement pool.

When looking for these "ratings" last year, I copied the almost all the stats off 2KMtCentral, and hopefully this year NBA Live databases once they come out.

SO HOW CAN I HELP?

You're best bet is to respond in this forum what you can do, and I can hopefully let you into this project. First of all, I am not the boss here (Andrew is pretty much for everything here :mrgreen: ) and most things can automatically join the update.

Once you've posted try digging around for tutorials for lots of older Live's as these still apply here in this game.

You are FREE to use all my work as long as you credit my work

It is best for you to start by downloading my roster, Ayiep's NBA Live 08 Editor (link in Roster section above), and exploring your files that you've installed.

Other good resources are:
FSHX: FshX for Windows Vista
FSHLINE: FSHLine
PHOTOSHOP/PIXLR/GIMP/or any image editor
eboEDIT/or(Which I don't know really how to use): EBO Editor
Ebodit
Or anything that works for you let me know.

If you have anything to say, please do it in this section (or PM me) and importantly spread the word so we can have this game glamorous again!
Much thanks if you are here in the post
-book
Book_Gazette

Re: NEW PROJECT ANNOUNCEMENT- Modders/Help wanted

Postby Andrew on Tue Sep 05, 2017 10:50 am

Awesome idea. Best of luck!
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Re: BG's Thread: March Modness Coming Right Up: Trade Deadline Roster

Postby yummybear on Wed Mar 07, 2018 1:48 pm

Thanks for the great roster file.