NBA 2K17 External File Plugin

A hub for everything related to NBA 2K17 modding. Releases, previews, requests, and other modding discussion belongs here.

Re: NBA 2K17 External File Plugin

Postby TBM on Wed Jan 18, 2017 4:01 am

Nope.
TBM
Contributor
Contributor

Postby blitzkriegbugz on Thu Jan 19, 2017 2:35 am

TBM wrote:Nope.

ayt, how about 2k16 cfs? and sir if you could point me to a tutorial about editing body, skin, tattoos, etc, especially those inside png files, i will really appreaciate it..
blitzkriegbugz

Postby TBM on Thu Jan 19, 2017 10:08 am

2K16 face textures work, not the models, though. So 2K16 faceXXXX.iff work, but not pngXXXX.iff.

And there's no specific tutorial for those things, actually. It's a fairly complex process to get into. If you have any specific thing you want to tackle, ask in the modding progress topic.
TBM
Contributor
Contributor

Postby berdugo on Sat Jan 21, 2017 2:55 am

sir any news about latest update? im on 1.07... tnx :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
berdugo

Postby TBM on Sat Jan 21, 2017 8:14 am

berdugo wrote:sir any news about latest update? im on 1.07... tnx :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Steam or pirated?
TBM
Contributor
Contributor

Postby berdugo on Sat Jan 21, 2017 2:42 pm

TBM wrote:
berdugo wrote:sir any news about latest update? im on 1.07... tnx :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Steam or pirated?

tnx ser im not steam one...tnx
berdugo

Postby Andrew on Sat Jan 21, 2017 7:39 pm

Well, then.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby hedop on Sun Feb 05, 2017 9:08 pm

TBM wrote:

Steam or pirated?

Hey I encounter a strange bug when using D43's roster and he says the problem is not on his end so I'm assuming it has something to do with the plugin itself:

Hey, I seem to have a problem. Got all the stuff in the right place and the modpack is installed yet I get some random pictures for the likes of Steve Kerr and some other coaches and some names are shown only as like a a large line of little boxes instead of the actual name. Is that a problem on my end?

What could cause that? I deleted the whole folder and everything and downloaded again and set everything up properly yet I still encounter this bug.
hedop

Postby TBM on Mon Feb 06, 2017 2:29 am

Why aren't you banned yet?
TBM
Contributor
Contributor

Postby hedop on Mon Feb 06, 2017 3:55 am

TBM wrote:Why aren't you banned yet?

Why would I be banned?
hedop

Postby TBM on Mon Feb 06, 2017 4:33 am

Whoops. Wrong guy. I confused you with berdugo since you were replying to my reply to him. Sorry about that. :lol:

Anyway, take a screenshot of the problem you're having.
TBM
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Dee4Three on Tue Feb 07, 2017 1:31 am

hedop wrote:
TBM wrote:

Steam or pirated?

Hey I encounter a strange bug when using D43's roster and he says the problem is not on his end so I'm assuming it has something to do with the plugin itself:

Hey, I seem to have a problem. Got all the stuff in the right place and the modpack is installed yet I get some random pictures for the likes of Steve Kerr and some other coaches and some names are shown only as like a a large line of little boxes instead of the actual name. Is that a problem on my end?

What could cause that? I deleted the whole folder and everything and downloaded again and set everything up properly yet I still encounter this bug.

Hey Hedop,

I am at work, but when I get home ill try the roster myself and see if there are bugs. If I see the same things as you, I will reupload the roster.
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Check out my YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvHJXrqit8Dc6HBY5P6EmAA

Follow me on Twitter

https://twitter.com/Dee4Three84
Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby Dee4Three on Tue Feb 07, 2017 4:32 am

hedop wrote:
TBM wrote:

Steam or pirated?

I just tested the roster, and it's perfect on my end with the mudpack I have listed on my thread. It has to be an issue on your end.
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby hedop on Tue Feb 07, 2017 7:12 am

Dee4Three wrote:
hedop wrote:
TBM wrote:

Steam or pirated?

I just tested the roster, and it's perfect on my end with the mudpack I have listed on my thread. It has to be an issue on your end.

Yeah but what causes something like that? I even deleted all mods and the plugin and unpacked everything fresh and it still has these issues even though your Ultimate Team Roster does not.
hedop

Postby Dee4Three on Tue Feb 07, 2017 7:21 am

hedop wrote:
Dee4Three wrote:
hedop wrote:
TBM wrote:

Steam or pirated?

Yeah but what causes something like that? I even deleted all mods and the plugin and unpacked everything fresh and it still has these issues even though your Ultimate Team Roster does not.

No clue, anybody else having his issue?

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby briggm on Wed Feb 08, 2017 11:26 pm

Hey guys, thanks to everybody here who has created mods for this game - they make it so much better!

A couple of questions for anybody willing to answer them...

1) What is the shared folder for and what should go in it?

2) I downloaded MLLR's real eyes file which is called global.iff, but what happens if I want to add another global file to the modded folder? Won't it have the same name?

Thanks in advance.
briggm

Postby michaelvlutz49 on Wed Apr 05, 2017 4:24 am

This plugin does not work with a couple of floor files sixers hawks and a couple more, try to edit and you will see no changes. The first release of this works great.
michaelvlutz49

Postby Dee4Three on Wed Apr 05, 2017 4:30 am

michaelvlutz49 wrote:This plugin does not work with a couple of floor files sixers hawks and a couple more, try to edit and you will see no changes. The first release of this works great.

The court ID needs to be edited via Cheat Engine. For example, for the current Sixers (F000.iff), you would need to change the court assigned to them in cheat engine to another floor number you are not using or don't care about (For example, F070.iff).

When the game creators sent through patches that patched courts, it made it so that Modded folder can't override them. But, you can use cheat engine to get around that.

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby michaelvlutz49 on Wed Apr 05, 2017 7:45 am

Dee4Three wrote:
michaelvlutz49 wrote:This plugin does not work with a couple of floor files sixers hawks and a couple more, try to edit and you will see no changes. The first release of this works great.

The court ID needs to be edited via Cheat Engine. For example, for the current Sixers (F000.iff), you would need to change the court assigned to them in cheat engine to another floor number you are not using or don't care about (For example, F070.iff).

When the game creators sent through patches that patched courts, it made it so that Modded folder can't override them. But, you can use cheat engine to get around that.

Okay thanks,
michaelvlutz49

Postby ljgwow on Sun Apr 09, 2017 1:44 pm

Thank u for your tip.. btw where dan i get that cheat engine sir plz let me know^^
ljgwow

Postby Kumode on Thu Jul 13, 2017 4:57 pm

Is there a possiblity to lock the portraits for when you download a custom team design?

I am aware that you can change the config file to keep the portraits once the player is traded, however when you apply a different team design in MyLeague, the portraits disappear and you get the generated 2k player model portrait. Any way to avoid this?
Kumode

Postby Denn03 on Wed Oct 11, 2017 8:31 pm

PeacemanNOT wrote:Thanks TBM, be sure to include the folder "clothing" in the Modded folder also.

This is where files for jersey fonts etc. go. Even though people could make it themselves, it's just more convenient if you put it in.

sir, can I change number position on jersey? or resize ? how ?
Denn03

Previous

Return to NBA 2K17 Modding