Game anticipation thread

Other video games, TV shows, movies, general chit-chat...this is an all-purpose off-topic board where you can talk about anything that doesn't have its own dedicated section.

Game anticipation thread

Postby [Q] on Tue Dec 27, 2016 12:38 pm

Hype your favorite upcoming games here!

the end of January will be a great time for me. Not really playing anything at the moment, but at the end of January, I'll be picking up Yakuza 0, the disc-based version of Hitman, and I just saw news of Double Dragon IV on the 30th anniversary of the original game!

phpBB [video]

look at those juggles! hope there is online co-op support
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Re: Game anticipation thread

Postby Phil89 on Tue Dec 27, 2016 4:26 pm

I'm looking forward to playing Gran Turismo Sport. Hopefully it comes out in 2017 and doesn't get delayed any further.

phpBB [video]
My Stories
LIVE 10 - Thunder I, Thunder II
2K13 - Wizards / 2K15 - Sixers / 2K16 - Sixers / 2K17 - Suns / 2K19 - Thunder
Phil89

Postby [Q] on Wed Dec 28, 2016 8:46 am

I actually played that at the PlayStation experience event here a few weeks back. I also tried the VR version which was cool.

I heard its going to be more like "prologue" than traditional GT games and focused more on online and esports. I might just skip this version
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby Lamrock on Thu Dec 29, 2016 7:06 am

I really wish there was a good driving game for PS4 - almost makes me wish I had gotten an XB1 instead. Almost. I love Gran Turismo, but as someone too antisocial even for online gaming, the lack of a Simulation/Career mode might be a deal-breaker.
Lamrock

Postby JaoSming on Thu Dec 29, 2016 7:20 am

Lamrock wrote:I really wish there was a good driving game for PS4

Driveclub is amazing, too bad they pulled the free plus version.... but its only $7.50
phpBB [video]

phpBB [video]

phpBB [video]

Other than that there's Project Cars which has a realistic career mode, at least progression/calendar-wise. $30 base or $40 with all the DLC
phpBB [video]

phpBB [video]

And Dirt Rally is also really good as a simulation driving game. Career is the basic race/get money/buy car/race/get money grind, but the gameplay is top notch. Only one of these three on sale right now - https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/ ... LLYLABELNA for $24
phpBB [video]

phpBB [video]

I'm only really looking forward to that Horizons game for PS4 right now. Everything else is waiting for early access games to polish up like Wreckfest. Rocket League/2K and my backlog still have plenty of hours for me anyway.
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby Andrew on Thu Dec 29, 2016 8:18 am

JaoSming wrote:Rocket League/2K and my backlog still have plenty of hours for me anyway.

Same here. I also picked up Mad Max since it was on sale for $5 on Bundle Stars, and you gave it a rave review a while back.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby [Q] on Thu Dec 29, 2016 9:02 am

Oh also looking forward to Detroit, the next game coming from the creators of Heavy Rain
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby [Q] on Thu Dec 29, 2016 9:04 am

What about The Crew? I see a few of you playing that online occasionally
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby Lamrock on Fri Dec 30, 2016 4:53 am

JaoSming, I've been considering the $20 version of Driveclub that I believe has everything but the bikes. Would you recommend that or Dirt Rally?

[Q], The Crew is okay. The game's map is very cool but the driving physics are subpar, as is the main campaign. Free roaming, leveling up your car and racing other people is fun though.
Lamrock

Postby JaoSming on Fri Dec 30, 2016 5:20 am

I recommend it, yeah. And you're right, the $7 one is just a slice of the game, $20 for the actual game, and $13 for a season pass.

I would say go for the $20 and once you beat the game go for the DLCs. If you want to attempt a gameshare session tonight to try it on my PS4, I'll be home in like 8 hours or so.

Looks like you can also get it for a whole buck off from GMG https://www.greenmangaming.com/games/driveclub/
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby [Q] on Fri Dec 30, 2016 2:27 pm

I tried the free version of Driveclub and it was okay, but nothing really blew me away where I had to buy it.
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby formx on Sat Dec 31, 2016 3:17 pm

Even though it's better on PC, Assetto Corsa is a really good racing game on PS4

PhatGeezer wrote:NovU, you're a fantasy bball hero to me and all but I don't know why whenever I see you post in this thread it reminds me of me checking my balls for bumps whenever I see those testicular cancer awareness ads on tv... Once I felt nothing unusual on it, I know everything will be fine...
formx

Postby Lean on Mon Jan 02, 2017 12:45 pm

I'm kind of stoked for the Nintendo Switch, as is with the upcoming Zelda game.
Lean
The Artist Formerly Known as Crappystuff
NLSC Team Member

Postby el badman on Thu Jan 05, 2017 11:28 am

Mass Effect: Andromeda for me, as well as Prey.
El Badmanator VI: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X @3.7GHz, Nvidia GTX 3090 24GB; Acer Predator XB273K 4K 27"Monitor; Samsung NVMe EVO 970 1TB / Samsung EVO Pro 500GS SSD; Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite; T-Force RAM DDR4-4000 32GB RAM; EVGA G5 850W PSU; Corsair iCUE H100i CPU Liquid Cooler; Razer DeathAdder Chroma wireless gaming mouse; HyperX Cloud Flight S wireless headset; Logitech G560 speakers; Razer Black Widow v3 mechanical keyboard; PS5 Dualsense controller; Rosewill Cullinan V500 gaming case; Windows 10 Pro 64bit
el badman's bandcamp
el badman
Last of the Meheecans

Postby [Q] on Thu Jan 05, 2017 4:45 pm

Lean wrote:I'm kind of stoked for the Nintendo Switch, as is with the upcoming Zelda game.

What do you think about the modular controller? another gimmick? heard at least the graphics for the switch will be in the ballpark of the competitors
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby benji on Fri Jan 06, 2017 10:42 pm

[Q] wrote:heard at least the graphics for the switch will be in the ballpark of the competitors

If you mean the WiiU, 360 and PS3...
benji

Postby Lean on Sat Jan 07, 2017 1:05 am

[Q] wrote:
Lean wrote:I'm kind of stoked for the Nintendo Switch, as is with the upcoming Zelda game.

What do you think about the modular controller? another gimmick? heard at least the graphics for the switch will be in the ballpark of the competitors

I think the modular controller is a gimmick. But if it's a way to not buy a secondary controller, I think I'm fine with it. Although seeing only nine launch titles, I might wait for a few months before I make a purchase.

el badman wrote:Mass Effect: Andromeda for me...

Same here! I'm kept my ME3 saves just in case.
Lean
NLSC Team Member

Postby Lean on Wed Jan 11, 2017 2:00 pm

More details about the Switch will be revealed in two days. I hope more launch titles get announced.
Lean
NLSC Team Member

Postby Lean on Fri Jan 13, 2017 3:12 pm

SRP for the Switch is $299 and is coming out on March 3. Skyrim was announced as a Switch title, and an NBA 2K game, along with a new Mario game, Splatoon 2, a family game, and Shin Megami Tensei IV.

I kinda lost my mind on that Xenoblade Chronicles 2 trailer and got goosebumps with the new Breath of the Wild trailer.

EDIT: Oh my gord!

phpBB [video]

Seems like there would be actual, voiced dialogue in-game. And I do hope they go with an orchestral soundtrack.
Lean
NLSC Team Member

Postby Lean on Fri Jan 27, 2017 11:48 am

Mass Effect: Andromeda has a new trailer:

phpBB [video]
Lean
NLSC Team Member

Postby NovU on Mon Jan 30, 2017 12:53 pm

JaoSming wrote:I'm only really looking forward to that Horizons game for PS4 right now.

I am quite amazed how the game is looking right now. Is this game alone gonna be worth buying ps4 for? Would be awesome if this game had open world plus interactive environment.

Unfortunately, outside of Red Dead Redemption 2 and Horizon Zero Dawn, there aren't too many games that I am excited about. I will play by ear and read reviews I guess when they hit the shelf.
THX TO DOPE-JAO FOR THE SPECIAL SIG! <3
Enjoy! <3 Jao
NovU
Crap, what am I going to brag about now?

Postby Lamrock on Mon Mar 06, 2017 12:52 pm

JaoSming wrote:I'm only really looking forward to that Horizons game for PS4 right now.

Have you played it? Was thinking about picking it up once the quarter ends. Kinda looks like Far Cry meets Witcher 3.
Lamrock

Postby JaoSming on Mon Mar 06, 2017 2:52 pm

Got it. It's absolutely beautiful but I barely have an hour or so into it. Seems like it is going to be a lot of fun though.

TBH, been watching too many Zelda streams....that game looks absolutely perfect...but I'm going to try and avoid getting it (Wii U) until I finish Horizon.
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby [Q] on Thu Mar 09, 2017 2:26 am

Checked out disc jam for free which is basically a new version of windjammers. Could be the next rocket league
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby Lamrock on Sun Mar 12, 2017 12:12 pm

Disc Jam is an absolute blast to play. I fucking suck at it though. I need to play through the tutorial again because I literally went 0-8 when I tried it out.

Don't think it'll be the next Rocket League, which is clearly what they're going for with the UI and art style. They've had some major issues with the network (it's been fine for me, though it takes a while to connect), and I'm not sure the game has as much depth. Still, it's the first free PS+ title I've been remotely intrigued by in months.
Lamrock

Next

Return to Off-Topic