Enter the Dragan [35-11] Final three games

Tell stories based on your franchise and career mode games here.

Re: Enter the Dragan [20-14] - Suns' twin towers star against Raptors

Postby Phil89 on Mon Nov 28, 2016 5:59 pm

Lamrock wrote:Who is your leading scorer on the year right now?

Injuries have kinda prevented me from having a consistent dominant scorer. Booker, Bledsoe, Bender, Len and Knight are all averaging between 11-16 points per game.

If I only count the games which I have played:

Len (19.8ppg in 15 games)
Bender (15.3 ppg in 10 games)
Booker (12.5 ppg in 14 games)
Bledsoe (11.1 ppg in 17 games)

Bender has been averaging 21 ppg since he returned from his injury. Maybe I'll try and win him the rookie of the year trophy (Y)
My Stories
LIVE 10 - Thunder I, Thunder II
2K13 - Wizards / 2K15 - Sixers / 2K16 - Sixers / 2K17 - Suns / 2K19 - Thunder
Phil89

Re: Enter the Dragan [20-14] - Suns' twin towers star against Raptors

Postby Phil89 on Mon Nov 28, 2016 6:05 pm

1/1/17

December 2016 Summary

Division Standings

Eastern Conference

-----

Western Conference

-----

Playoff Seeds & Power Rankings

Eastern Conference

Western Conference

Power Rankings

-----

League Leaders

Rebounds

Assists

Steals

Blocks

-----

Monthly and Weekly Awards

Players of the Week

Players of the Month

Rookies of the Month

-----

Rookies Ranking

-----

Key Injuries

-----

Contract Extensions

02/12/16 - Oklahoma City Thunder re-signed Andre Roberson (3 years / $33 million)
10/12/16 - Sacramento Kings re-signed Darren Collison (3 years / $30 million)
22/11/16 - Chicago Bulls re-signed Nikola Mirotic (4 years / $51 million)
23/11/16 - New Orleans Pelicans re-signed Jrue Holiday (4 years / $72 million)

Staff Changes

10/12/16 - Indiana Pacers fired head coach Nate McMillan. They hired Kevin McHale as his replacement for the rest of the season.
My Stories
Phil89

Re: Enter the Dragan [20-14] - December summary

Postby Lamrock on Wed Nov 30, 2016 10:48 am

Blazers are killing it. (Y) Too bad they're trash in real life.
Lamrock

Re: Enter the Dragan [18-12] - Getting healthy, gaining momentum

Postby Valor on Thu Dec 01, 2016 10:29 am

Phil89 wrote:
Valor wrote:Dragan Bender!! :headbang:

Imagine a seven-footer being the best three point shooter on your team :cool: I love his outside shooting.

I'm hoping Bender and Booker can eventually become my versions of Porzingis and Klay Thompson.

Well that's pretty easy to imagine, actually. Dirk :cool:

Rookie of the month!!
Valor
Fire GarPax

Postby Phil89 on Thu Dec 01, 2016 3:42 pm

2/1/17

Los Angeles Clippers [20-16] vs Phoenix Suns [20-14]

Suns produce big second half to win in Los Angeles

LAC - 21 33 22 28 104
PHX - 26 21 31 39 117

Player of the Game: Dragan Bender
(24pts, 11reb, 5ast, 3blk)
(9-17 FG, 3-9 3PT, 3-4 FT)

Top Scorers
Blake Griffin - 28
Dragan Bender - 24
Devin Booker - 16
TJ Warren - 15
Alex Len - 15
JJ Redick - 15
Chris Paul - 14
Paul Pierce - 11
Eric Bledsoe - 10
Tyson Chandler - 10
Jared Dudley - 10
Jamal Crawford - 9
DeAndre Jordan - 9
Raymond Felton - 8
Marquese Chriss - 8

Rebounds
DeAndre Jordan - 13
Alex Len - 13
Dragan Bender - 11
Blake Griffin - 6
Marreese Speights - 5
TJ Warren - 5

Assists
Chris Paul - 11
Brandon Knight - 11
Eric Bledsoe - 10
Austin Rivers - 6
Alex Len - 5
Dragan Bender - 5

Steals
Blake Griffin - 3
Alex Len - 3
Chris Paul - 2
DeAndre Jordan - 2
JJ Redick - 2

Blocks
Alex Len - 3
Dragan Bender - 3
Marquese Chriss - 2

Simmed Game

PHX - 24 18 12 26 80
MIA - 23 26 15 26 90

POTG: Chris Bosh (16pts, 18reb, 5ast, 1stl, 2blk)

Record: 21-15
My Stories
Phil89

Postby Phil89 on Thu Dec 01, 2016 3:49 pm

Lamrock wrote:Blazers are killing it. (Y) Too bad they're trash in real life.

Lillard and MCCollum are both top 10 scorers on this game. I think Portland will struggle against teams with good big men in the playoffs though.

Valor wrote:
Phil89 wrote:
Valor wrote:Dragan Bender!! :headbang:

Imagine a seven-footer being the best three point shooter on your team :cool: I love his outside shooting.

I'm hoping Bender and Booker can eventually become my versions of Porzingis and Klay Thompson.

Well that's pretty easy to imagine, actually. Dirk :cool:

Rookie of the month!!

Oh yeah. I forgot about Dirk.

Hopefully Bender can be half the player that Dirk has been (Y)
My Stories
Phil89

Postby Valor on Sun Dec 04, 2016 12:14 am

Phil89 wrote:Hopefully Bender can be half the player that Dirk has been (Y)

Well, he's looking very good so far! Big win against LAC (Y)
Valor
Fire GarPax

Re: Enter the Dragan [21-15] - Trip to Los Angeles

Postby Phil89 on Mon Dec 05, 2016 7:14 pm

3/1/17

Injury-riddled Suns are defying the odds this season

The Phoenix Suns were supposed to be one of the worst teams in the NBA this season due to their youthful roster, but they are proving their doubters wrong and currently have the seventh best record in the league with 21 wins from their first 36 games. That puts them in the top six teams in the ultra-competitive western conference, well above what anyone could have predicted.

They find themselves with just two less wins than the star-studded Golden State Warriors in the race for the Pacific division title, despite having been blown-out by them in their two meetings thus far by a combined 88 points. In fact, Phoenix have only three less wins than the eastern-conference-leading Cleveland Cavaliers right now.

All of this has been achieved despite them losing key players to injuries at different points throughout the first two months of the season. Young gun Devin Booker missed two weeks because of a sprained right knee that he suffered in one of those big blowout losses to the Warriors. Exciting Croatian rookie Dragan Bender was also forced out of that same game through injury after Shaun Livingston "accidentally" elbowed him in the face. The resulting broken nose sidelined him for nearly six weeks.

Fellow rookie Marquese Chriss was the next victim of the injury curse as he twisted his right ankle in Washington a couple of weeks later. Eric Bledsoe lightly sprained his right ankle in that game as well, but fortunately he was able to play through the pain. The most recent injury occurred in another loss to the Warriors, when big man Alex Len pulled up sore with shin splints in his right leg and was forced to miss two weeks.

--

The one positive from their injury crisis has been the ability of veterans Tyson Chandler and Jared Dudley to seamlessly fill in for the missing starters and keep the Suns' momentum going. Both guys really stepped up and led by example when their young teammates needed them to. Now that everyone is mostly healthy again the duo will return to the second unit. It's a great luxury for Phoenix to have.

Being without several players also brought the whole group closer together on a personal level, as coach Earl Watson explained.

"In those games we became closer as a group, as a unit, and that will obviously help us moving forward", he said. "When you've got guys missing everyone else has to play at a higher level to compensate. I'm proud that my guys were able to overcome that adversity and still win games of basketball. There is a real sense of solidarity amongst our guys now, we're all striving hard for the same thing."

That shared work ethic has led to a team-first philosophy in Phoenix. There is no room for big egos on this team. Any player demanding the ball or expecting special treatment will quickly be put in his place by his teammates. Coach Watson has got his group playing an unselfish brand of basketball, in much the same way as San Antonio have done so well over the years, and it is paying dividends right now for them.

The Suns have already almost matched their win tally from last season and we haven't even reached the halfway mark of this season yet. If they keep playing at the same level and avoid anymore injuries, then they will most likely feature in the playoffs for the first time in seven years. It would be a great achievement for a rookie coach and a solid foundation for an ambitious young group to build upon.

--

Phoenix may be playing team-first basketball, but they have had one stand-out performer so far. His season averages may not show it, but Ukrainian seven-footer Alex Len has been playing at an all-star level at times during the past couple of months. He is averaging career highs in points, rebounds and blocks and is also leading the league in field goal percentage at 65%.

Len has scored twenty points or more on nine occasions, and has also managed to grab nine double-doubles. Easily his most impressive outing was against the Pacers in Indiana back in November. That night he scored 21 points, grabbed 18 rebounds, dished out 5 assists and threw in 2 blocks for good measure as his team won 108-100. Another dominant performance came against the Rockets only two weeks ago. In that game Len managed 18 points, 10 rebounds, 6 assists and 4 blocks in a 104-83 blowout win.

What has been the catalyst for this improved output from the 23 year old? Some in the media simply put it down to the fact that Len is in the final year of his rookie contract and is playing better in order to get himself a big payday. Others suggest that maybe he is just maturing and that big men always take longer to settle into the NBA and find their level. The man himself says that he is just feeling more comfortable playing in the NBA now he has adjusted to the pace of it.

"I'm just feeling good whenever I step onto the court right now", Len told reporters recently. "I've got a great group of guys around me who support me and trust me. That makes a huge difference. I think the work I've done with Tyson [Chandler] over the past two years is finally paying off. He has been a great mentor for me."

--

Phoenix really do look like a playoff-calibre team now that they have all of their players back healthy. The backcourt threesome of Bledsoe, Booker and Knight are finally looking more settled and are finding a nice rhythm. Knight has accepted his backup role without any fuss and provides great leadership when the starters are resting. He has a handy knack of piling up between five and ten assists every game, which keeps the offense rolling along nicely.

Rookie Marquese Chriss took full advantage of his increased playing time when Bender and Len were out injured. He impressed everyone with his energy and work at both ends of the floor. It seems that he showed enough to coach Watson to cement himself in the rotation. He is a key component off the bench and looks to have a really bright future ahead of him.

Fellow rookie Dragan Bender seems determined to make up for lost time since returning from his broken nose. In the nine games that he has played post-injury he is averaging 16 points and 6 rebounds. Particularly impressive is the range that he is showing in his shooting. His perimeter shooting ability is extremely good for a player of his size. It seems that the comparisons to Kristaps Porzingis were very accurate. The month out probably ruined his chances of being named rookie of the year, but Bender should still place well if he keeps playing like this.

One player who needs to improve his output is forward TJ Warren. He is only averaging 10 points per game this season, despite showing glimpses in the past of potentially being a solid scorer in the NBA. If he could find a way to be more effective at the offensive end, it may be the difference between a first round exit and a unlikely playoff adventure for Phoenix.

My Stories
Phil89

Re: Enter the Dragan [21-15] - The season so far

Postby Phil89 on Thu Dec 08, 2016 7:47 pm

5/1/17

Dallas Mavericks [12-23] vs Phoenix Suns [21-15]

Team effort leads Suns to easy win in Dallas

DAL - 21 24 25 27 197
PHX - 33 33 35 24 125

Player of the Game: Alex Len
(14pts, 8reb, 4ast, 2stl, 1blk)
(6-6 FG, 0-0 3PT, 2-2 FT)

Top Scorers
Dragan Bender - 17
Alex Len - 14
Tyson Chandler - 13
Dirk Nowitzki - 13
Wesley Matthews - 13
JJ Barea - 12
Archie Goodwin - 11
Devin Booker - 11
Eric Bledsoe - 11
TJ Warren - 10
Brandon Knight - 10
Andrew Bogut - 10
Harrison Barnes - 8
Marquese Chris - 8

Rebounds
Alex Len - 8
Andrew Bogut - 6
Dirk Nowitzki - 5
Salah Mejri - 5
PJ Tucker - 5

Assists
Eric Bledsoe - 10
Brandon Knight - 6
JJ Barea - 6
Archie Goodwin - 5

Steals
Eric Bledsoe - 3
Brandon Knight - 2
Alex Len - 2

Blocks
Alan Williams - 2

Simmed Game

PHX - 24 29 21 27 101
CLE - 22 30 32 33 117

POTG: Kyrie Irving (36pts, 5reb, 9ast, 2stl)

Record: 22-16
My Stories
Phil89

Re: Enter the Dragan [22-16] - Team effort against Mavericks

Postby Phil89 on Fri Dec 09, 2016 5:36 pm

9/1/17

Suns acquire former slam dunk champion in surprise trade

The Phoenix Suns and Toronto Raptors today completed a trade which will see the Suns acquire explosive wingman Terrence Ross in exchange for veteran PJ Tucker and two future second round draft picks, due in 2017 and 2019.

Being traded in what is basically a salary dumping move is a rather large fall from grace for the number 8 pick from the 2012 draft. The sky seemed the limit for Ross on the back of some early-career milestones, such as winning the slam dunk contest in his rookie season and scoring 51 points against the Clippers in his sophomore campaign, which included a franchise-record-equaling 10 three-pointers.

Fast-forward two more years and his career has almost completely stagnated. He has been stuck playing back-up to DeMarre Carroll in Toronto and at different times over the past couple of seasons he has looked completely disinterested during games. The media have begun questioning whether or not he has reached his ceiling or if he is just in a career slump.

Hopefully for him this move to Phoenix will rejuvenate his enthusiasm for the game and help him recapture some of his past form. So far this season he has only managed to score in double-figures in 12 of the 37 games he played for the Raptors. It's that inconsistency that stopped him from taking the next step in his development. The same inconsistency that led to Raptors coach Dwane Casey only starting him in 7 games this season and giving him the lowest amount of minutes per game that he has had since his rookie season.

Despite playing fewer minutes, Ross is actually playing very efficiently this season. He is shooting at 48 percent from both inside and outside the three-point arc. It's that quality shooting that likely attracted the Suns to him. Phoenix are currently ranked 20th in the league for three-point shooting and desperately needed more firepower to compete with the likes of division rivals Golden State.

Ross also arrives in Phoenix with a reputation as a guy who stays healthy. He has only missed 19 games since he came into the league in 2012, which is probably another thing that Phoenix liked about him. They have had a terrible run with injuries this season, losing key players Alex Len, Dragan Bender, Devin Booker, Eric Bledsoe and Marquese Chriss for extended spells.

It is unclear at this point whether TJ Warren will keep his starting role or not after the arrival of Ross. He probably will in the short-term at least, which should provide him with some incentive to improve his own lacklustre output. Ross will likely join the Suns' surprisingly effective second unit alongside Brandon Knight, Tyson Chandler, Jared Dudley and fellow former Washington Huskies player Marquese Chriss. These bench players will be key for Phoenix if they hope to make the playoffs for the first time in six years.

Phoenix currently hold the 6th seed in the western conference with a 22-16 record, which has surprised a lot of people so far this year.

Toronto had reported been shopping Ross around the league for the past few weeks, looking for a team with cap space and some spare picks to take him.They finally found a suitor in Phoenix and were happy to take an expiring contract and a couple of likely mid-second round picks in exchange.

This trade helps the Raptors continue to compete in the playoffs this season, whilst also giving them the cap flexibility they need to re-sign star guard Kyle Lowry next season if he opts out of the player option in his contract. Key big man Jared Sullinger will also be a free agent at the end of the season.

It may seem like PJ Tucker is just an expiring contract in this deal, but he is a very useful role player to have. He is a good lockdown defender and has developed a serviceable outside shot. He will also have a point to prove in Toronto after he was originally drafted by the Raptors in 2006 with the 35th pick, but then waived after playing only 17 games for the franchise, He returns after having played all around the world and he will be keen to show the fans in Canada how much he has improved since they last saw him.

Before the season started Toronto were predicted by many to be Cleveland's main challenger in the eastern conference this season after pushing the Cavs to game six of the conference finals last season, but they are barely clinging on the the 7th seed right now thanks to a disappointing 18-19 record. Their fans will be hoping that this minor shake-up will kick-start their team's season.

Phoenix receive
Terrence Ross - 25 - SF - $31m - 3 years (75)

Projected line-up:
Alex Len - Dragan Bender - TJ Warren - Devin Booker - Eric Bledsoe
Reserves:
Brandon Knight, Jared Dudley, Terrence Ross, Tyson Chandler, Kevin Martin, Leandro Barbosa, Archie Goodwin, Marquese Chriss, Tyler Ulis, Alan Williams

Toronto receive
PJ Tucker - 31 - SF - $5m - 1 year (75)
Suns' 2017 second round pick
Suns' 2019 second round pick

Projected line-up:
Jonas Valanciunas - Jared Sullinger - DeMarre Carroll - DeMar DeRozan - Kyle Lowry
Reserves:
Patrick Patterson, Cory Joseph, PJ Tucker, Norman Powell, Jakob Poetl, Delon Wright, Lucas Nogueira, Pascal Siakam, Bruno Caboclo

My Stories
Phil89

Re: Enter the Dragan [22-16] - Suns acquire former slam dunk champion

Postby Wyze on Sat Dec 10, 2016 6:00 am

Man, as a Raptor fan, I don't know how to feel about you fleecing them for T Ross like that haha. Good pickup for you though. Ross is tons of fun to have on the wing in 2K with his athleticism and three point shooting ability.
Wyze

Postby Phil89 on Sat Dec 10, 2016 12:44 pm

Wyze wrote:Man, as a Raptor fan, I don't know how to feel about you fleecing them for T Ross like that haha. Good pickup for you though. Ross is tons of fun to have on the wing in 2K with his athleticism and three point shooting ability.

Blame 2k trade logic, not me :P

I think Toronto were happy to do this deal without the draft picks. I only added them because I felt kinda guilty.

I hope Ross can become a solid sixth man for my team.
My Stories
Phil89

Postby Phil89 on Sat Dec 10, 2016 2:22 pm

12/1/17

Phoenix Suns [22-16] vs Dallas Mavericks [13-25]

Bender and Booker guide Suns past Mavericks once again

PHX - 26 29 25 34 114
DAL - 23 29 22 29 103

Player of the Game: Dragan Bender
(24pts, 2reb, 1ast, 3blk)
(8-16 FG, 5-10 3PT, 3-3 FT)

Top Scorers
Devin Booker - 25
Dragan Bender - 24
Harrison Barnes - 19
Wesley Matthews - 17
Dirk Nowitzki - 16
Terrence Ross - 14
Eric Bledsoe - 13
Salah Mejri - 12
Andrew Bogut - 11
Marquese Chriss - 10
TJ Warren - 10
Dwight Powell - 8
JJ Barea - 8

Rebounds
Andrew Bogut - 14
Alex Len - 11
Tyson Chandler - 7
Marquese Chriss - 7
Salah Mejri - 5

Assists
Eric Bledsoe - 10
JJ Barea - 7
Harrison Barnes - 6
Deron Williams - 5
Brandon Knight - 5
Alex Len - 5

Steals
Wesley Matthews - 3
Dwight Powell - 3
Terrence Ross - 2

Blocks
Tyson Chandler - 3
Dragan Bender - 3
TJ Warren - 2
Marquese Chriss - 2

Simmed Game

PHX - 18 16 20 21 175
SAS - 27 35 34 16 102

POTG: Kawhi Leonard (29pts, 8reb, 1ast, 3stl, 1blk)

Record: 23-17
My Stories
Phil89

Postby Valor on Sat Dec 10, 2016 2:26 pm

Loved the article and what a steal! The loss of the picks might hurt a bit but your roster looks pretty good for now, just gotta wait for the young guns to develop (Y)
Valor
Fire GarPax

Re: Enter the Dragan [23-17] - Bender & Booker get it done againt Mavs

Postby Phil89 on Sun Dec 11, 2016 2:34 pm

16/1/17

Phoenix Suns [23-17] vs Utah Jazz [20-22]

Joe Johnson scores 28 first-half points as Jazz win in Phoenix

PHX - 16 28 27 23 194
UTA - 26 27 23 25 101

Player of the Game: Joe Johnson
(30pts, 3reb, 3ast, 1stl)
(9-14 FG, 2-3 3PT, 10-10 FT)

Top Scorers
Joe Johnson - 30
Dragan Bender - 25
Gordon Hayward - 15
Derrick Favors - 14
Eric Bledsoe - 13
Tyson Chandler - 12
Marquese Chriss - 12
TJ Warren - 11
Dante Exum - 11
Alec Burks - 10
Terrence Ross - 8

Rebounds
Alex Len - 9
Rudy Gobert - 9
Derrick Favors - 6
Dragan Bender - 6
TJ Warren - 5

Assists
Brandon Knight - 9
Dante Exum - 5
Eric Bledsoe - 5

Steals
Derrick Favors - 5
Rudy Gobert - 2
Alec Burks - 2
Gordon Hayward - 2

Blocks
Dragan Bender - 3

Simmed Game

CLE - 30 27 25 29 111
PHX - 26 31 23 16 196

POTG: LeBron James (36pts, 7re,b 7ast, 1stl, 2blk)

Record: 23-19

Johnson scored 28 points in the first half and then basically did nothing in the second half. He couldn't miss in the first half. 2k really trolled me with that.
My Stories
Phil89

Postby Phil89 on Sun Dec 11, 2016 2:42 pm

Valor wrote:Loved the article and what a steal! The loss of the picks might hurt a bit but your roster looks pretty good for now, just gotta wait for the young guns to develop (Y)

Thanks. I felt like I should write something other than game summaries.

For some reason I'm a real snob when it comes to second round picks. I don't really value them at all. Maybe it's just because I'm too lazy to scout properly :P

Like you said, I already have a lot of young talent already, so I have less need to invest in the next few drafts.
My Stories
Phil89

Postby Valor on Sun Dec 11, 2016 3:45 pm

Phil89 wrote:
Valor wrote:Loved the article and what a steal! The loss of the picks might hurt a bit but your roster looks pretty good for now, just gotta wait for the young guns to develop (Y)

For some reason I'm a real snob when it comes to second round picks. I don't really value them at all. Maybe it's just because I'm too lazy to scout properly :P

Like you said, I already have a lot of young talent already, so I have less need to invest in the next few drafts.

I reckon for playoff contending teams, second round picks are worth a lot more than their first round picks due to less guaranteed dollars being involved (salary cap ramifications), you can pretty much take a punt on prospects and either hit a home run or just let them go after two years instead of being stuck with a late first bust for 4 years (and for a lot of money). Reckon you would've been better off surrendering just one future lottery protected first or something but that's just me :)
Valor
Fire GarPax

Postby Phil89 on Sun Dec 11, 2016 5:14 pm

Valor wrote:
Phil89 wrote:

I reckon for playoff contending teams, second round picks are worth a lot more than their first round picks due to less guaranteed dollars being involved (salary cap ramifications), you can pretty much take a punt on prospects and either hit a home run or just let them go after two years instead of being stuck with a late first bust for 4 years (and for a lot of money). Reckon you would've been better off surrendering just one future lottery protected first or something but that's just me :)

That's an interesting point. I didn't really think about any salary cap issues. It's probably because I usually just sign cheap veterans on one or two year deals to fill whatever roles my draft picks would be doing anyway.

But maybe that can be something for me to focus on in the 2018 draft. I'll see if I can turn a second round prospect into a Draymond Green or Manu Ginobili type.
My Stories
Phil89

Re: Enter the Dragan [23-19] - Joe Johnson turns back the clock in Phoenix

Postby Phil89 on Mon Dec 12, 2016 2:11 pm

21/1/17

New York Knicks [18-26] vs Phoenix Suns [23-19]

Suns battle hard for win at MSG

NYK - 21 25 29 22 197
PHX - 26 20 26 36 108

Player of the Game: Alex Len
(20pts, 11reb, 3ast, 1stl, 1blk)
(9-12 FG, 0-0 3PT, 2-2 FT)

Top Scorers
Carmelo Anthony - 29
Derrick Rose - 21
Alex Len - 20
Terrence Ross - 16
Tyson Chandler - 15
Kyle O'Quinn - 15
Devin Booker - 14
Dragan Bender - 12
Marquese Chriss - 11
TJ Warren - 10
Courtney Lee - 9
Mindaugus Kuzminskas - 8
Eric Bledsoe - 8

Rebounds
Alex Len - 11
Kyle O'Quinn - 9
Kristaps Porzingis - 8
Tyson Chandler - 6
Dragan Bender - 5
Joakim Noah - 5

Assists
Derrick Rose - 10
Eric Bledsoe - 9
Brandon Knight - 8

Steals
Kristaps Porzingis - 4
Eric Bledsoe - 3
Jared Dudley - 3
Marquese Chriss - 2
Brandon Jennings - 2
Joakim Noah - 2

Blocks
Dragan Bender - 3
Tyson Chandler - 2
Marquese Chriss - 2

Simmed Game

TOR - 15 26 29 28 98
PHX - 21 19 25 28 93

POTG: DeMar DeRozan (34pts, 7reb, 3ast)

Record: 24-20
My Stories
Phil89

Re: Enter the Dragan [24-20] - Porzingis vs Bender in NYC

Postby Phil89 on Tue Dec 13, 2016 1:33 pm

24/1/17

Phoenix Suns [24-20] vs Minnesota Timberwolves [13-31]

Suns power past struggling Timberwolves

PHX - 28 39 25 28 120
MIN - 20 24 33 31 108

Player of the Game: Devin Booker
(24pts, 5reb, 5ast, 1stl)
(8-12 FG, 4-6 3PT, 4-6 FT)

Top Scorers
Devin Booker - 24
Dragan Bender - 22
Alex Len - 19
Terrence Ross - 18
Andrew Wiggins - 17
Zach LaVine - 16
Karl-Anthony Towns - 14
Kris Dunn - 13
Nikola Bjelica - 13
Jordan Hill - 13
Gorgui Dieng - 11
TJ Warren - 10
Marquese Chriss - 9
Eric Bledsoe - 8

Rebounds
Karl-Anthony Towns - 11
Dragan Bender - 10
Tyson Chandler - 6
TJ Warren - 6
Devin Booker - 5
Alex Len - 5

Assists
Ricky Rubio - 17
Eric Bledsoe - 9
Brandon Knight - 7
Zach LaVine - 5
Alex Len - 5
Devin Booker - 5

Steals
Nikola Bjelica - 4
Karl-Anthony Towns - 3
Gorgui Dieng - 3
Eric Bledsoe - 3
Alex Len - 3
Tyson Chandler - 2
Dragan Bender - 2
Jordan Hill - 2

Blocks
Tyson Chandler - 4
Alex Len - 3
Eric Bledsoe - 2
Marquese Chriss - 2

Simmed Game

DEN - 30 22 26 27 105
PHX - 26 29 17 18 190

POTG: Will Barton (22pts, 8reb, 5ast, 4stl)

Record: 25-21

We had 12 blocks in the first half. Our defensive pressure really fed the offensive momentum.
My Stories
Phil89

Re: Enter the Dragan [25-21] - Timberwolves no match for Suns

Postby Lamrock on Wed Dec 14, 2016 10:02 am

I like the Terrence Ross deal. Good for both teams, and he seems to be fitting in well. (Y)
Lamrock

Postby Phil89 on Thu Dec 15, 2016 7:46 pm

Lamrock wrote:I like the Terrence Ross deal. Good for both teams, and he seems to be fitting in well. (Y)

I expected him to just be a highlight reel dunker, but he has a very nice outside shot as well. I'm happy with the trade so far.
My Stories
Phil89

Postby Phil89 on Thu Dec 15, 2016 8:16 pm

26/1/17

Twitter News

Adrian Wojnarowski @WojYahooNBA
NBA commissioner Adam Silver today revealed that the league is looking to expand to 32 teams for the 2017-18 season

Silver has been reviewing bids from around the country in recent months, with the field being narrowed down to a half dozen candidates

Sources say these include teams from: Kansas City (MO), Seattle (WA), Louisville (KY), Las Vegas (NV), San Diego (CA) & Pittsburgh (PA)

This expansion still has a lot of hurdles to clear, but expect it to go through. Silver is set on creating a legacy for himself
My Stories
Phil89

Re: Enter the Dragan [25-21] - Expansion coming in 2017?

Postby Lamrock on Fri Dec 16, 2016 6:43 am

I vote for Seattle (for obvious reasons) and San Diego, since they're about to lose their NFL team
Lamrock

Re: Enter the Dragan [25-21] - Expansion coming in 2017?

Postby Wyze on Fri Dec 16, 2016 7:05 am

You didn't mention it, but I'm going to throw Vancouver out there. You still owe Canada one for the Ross trade haha.
Wyze

PreviousNext

Return to Stories from the Virtual Hardwood