SWISH | Retired.

Tell stories based on your franchise and career mode games here.

Re: SWISH | Season Opener - UPSET vs. GS???

Postby Lamrock on Wed Oct 19, 2016 2:41 pm

OCTOBER/NOVEMBER RECAP

LaMarcus: "I thought you said we were cool, man"

One month and change into the NBA season, and the Blazers stand at 10-8. It's been an up-and-down campaign so far for Portland, who opened the season by giving up 144 points to the Warriors. They rebounded with a 107-101 win over the dreadful Miami Heat, but were then blown out by the Cavs two nights later. They wouldn't get above .500 until mid-November, with a win over the still winless Brooklyn Nets (more on them later) to make them 5-4. Portland has suffered a handful of blowout losses, but are now 10-8, with key wins over the San Antonio Spurs and the surging Sacramento Kings giving fans reasons to be optimistic.

Still, this was a 44 win team a season ago, and swapping out Gerald Henderson and Mason Plumlee for Evan Turner and Festus Ezeli might not move the needle as much as some think. Defensively, the team is simply dreadful, giving up the second most points per game in the league. Ezeli helps, but Aminu can't handle the league's bigger 4's and Dame and CJ are... yeah. Offensively, things are fine. Lillard is having his best season yet, and McCollum has a shot at making the all-star team. The Blazers like to go small and wreak havoc from beyond the arc. They are the off-brand Warriors.

Coming into Phoenix off two straight wins, the Blazers will hope to string together three straight victories for the first time all season and carry some momentum into December. With a negative point differential and more deserving players than they have minutes for (Mo Harkless, Noah Vonleh and Shabazz Napier have barely cracked the rotation), a trade might be coming if things don't improve soon...

Record: 10-8 (9-6) | T-6th in Conference, T-1st in Division
PPG: 104.9 (8th), PAPG: 106.8 (31st), DIFF: -1.9 (18th)

Key Player Stats:

Lillard: 26.7 PPG, 8.7 APG, 3.5 RPG, 42.4% 3pt
McCollum: 21.9 PPG, 5.1 APG, 3.5 RPG, 43.6% 3pt
Turner: 11.9 PPG, 4.6 APG, 4.2 RPG
Aminu: 9.3 PPG, 5.8 RPG
Ezeli: 6.7 PPG, 8.7 RPG, 1.8 BPG
Crabbe: 11.3 PPG
Leonard: 6,7 PPG, 4.4 RPG
Davis: 5.1 PPG, 7.6 RPG

Around The League

Rudy Gay and the Kings are actually... good?

Led by DeMarcus Cousins, Rudy Gay and free agency pickup Mario Chalmers, the Sacramento Kings shocked the league by jumping out to an 11-1 start (!). Then Boogie got hurt and they lost six straight. Still, with Cousins soon to return, this is a promising start for a team that's become a punchline in recent years. The real story in the West is the OKC Thunder, who, despite losing Kevin Durant, lead the conference standings with a 13-4 record. Westbrook has to be the MVP favorite, averaging nearly 30 points and a triple double for the young team. The Lakers (who have Lance now I guess) and the expansion Sonics are also off to surprising starts, each posting winning records in the early going.

Of course, for every winner there is a loser, and 17 times that loser has been the Brooklyn Nets. At 0-17, the Nets are just one defeat away from tying their own record for most consecutive losses to start a season. First year coach Kenny Atkinson lost his job after just 15 games, that's how bad they are. In other news, the Cavs look poised to repeat with the league's best record, Toronto is right on their heels, and the Rondo-Wade experiment is working out so far for the 14-4 Bulls.

Could you have gotten all this information on your own just by reading the standings? Well, pretty much... Here they are.

WEST (PotM: Russell Westbrook | RotM: Brandon Ingram)

1 Oklahoma City 13-4*
2 Golden State 14-5*
3 Houston 11-6
4 Sacramento 11-7
5 LA Lakers 11-8
6 Portland 10-8*
7 Seattle 10-8
8 Memphis 10-10
San Antonio 10-10
Denver 9-9
LA Clippers 8-9
Kansas City 8-11
Phoenix 6-9
Dallas 7-11
Minnesota 6-12
Utah 6-13

EAST (PotM: LeBron James | RotM: Ben Simmons)

1 Cleveland 17-2*
2 Toronto 15-3*
3 Chicago 14-4
4 New York 12-7
5 Detroit 11-7
6 New Orleans 11-8*
7 Atlanta 9-8
8 Boston 11-10
Indiana 8-8
Philadelphia 7-9
Milwaukee 8-11
Washington 6-12
Charlotte 6-14
Orlando 4-16
Miami 4-17
Brooklyn 0-17

Gallery

Image Image

Image Image
Lamrock

Re: SWISH | Oct./Nov. Recap!

Postby Kevin on Wed Oct 19, 2016 6:21 pm

Like I told you, they will destroy you :lol: .

My lakers are 5th in the standings - thanks 2k!
Rest In Peace Kobe
Kevin
Fuck the Celtics

Postby Lamrock on Thu Oct 20, 2016 4:27 pm

D'Angelo Russell is having a terrific second season, while Ingram won the starting spot over Deng and is lighting it up. Also Mozgov is shooting 100% from beyond the arc so maybe he was worth the money? I'm more concerned with the Sonics, led by Mason Plumlee, Ty Lawson and a geriatric Ginobili, having a winning record.
Lamrock

Postby Lamrock on Mon Oct 24, 2016 4:12 am

The Trail Blazers were on the road in LA, trying to defeat the Clippers for their third straight win. At 14-10, they weren't one of the league's elite teams, but were starting to hit their stride.

Lyman however, was watching the game from his apartment in Portland, hungover from the night before. Though Chris Paul wasn't playing, the Blazers were struggling against the Clips, trailing the entire time. 'This isn't helping my headache', thought Lyman as he watched Damian Lillard made incredible plays only to watch the team give those points right back to Austin Rivers or Blake Griffin. Despite all that however, Portland made a run to force OT.

The Blazers dominated the overtime period, and took a seven point lead with under a minute to go. Lyman excitedly opened the victory champagne, and watched as Portland proceeded to turn the ball over on three consecutive possessions and their lead diminish to just two points with 15 seconds left, Clippers ball. J.J. Redick missed a jumper, but Blake got the offensive board and was fouled. He made the first and missed the second, and then...

"Kick ball. Clippers ball."

Obviously Blake Griffin made a game-winning shot, and Lyman's laptop was in a million pieces.

----------

The Blazers rebounded with a 45 point win over the atrocious Miami Heat, but the bad taste from that Clippers loss remained. Even the schadenfreude from seeing Blake Griffin go down for the season with a stress fracture couldn't cheer him up. The problem with the team was the defense. Festus Ezeli is an okay rim protector, but teams made it rain from outside. Lyman only watched key games and the fourth quarters of close matches because he was bad at his job, but it seemed like whenever he'd watch, both teams would shoot a far higher percentage from the field than usual.

He mentioned that in passing to the Blazers' owner. "Hmm. I see. Well maybe something can be done about this. Our guys won't score as many points, but they won't give as many up either."

"Wait, what? What do you mean?"

"Don't worry about it."

----------

With 12 players on the roster worth giving minutes to, third year players Shabazz Napier and Noah Vonleh have been getting the shaft. Moe Harkless too was only getting around 10 minutes per contest. Lyman had to work overtime to keep his guys happy.

"Noah. Thank you for coming my office. I just wanted to say that you're my boy, blue!"

Noah Vonleh smiled, "Thanks. I needed to hear that."

----------

"Shabazz. Thank you for coming my office. I just wanted to say that you're my boy, blue!"

Shabazz Napier smiled, "Thanks. I needed to hear that."

----------

"Moe. Thank you for coming my office. I just wanted to say that you're my boy, blue!"

Maurice Harkless smiled, "Thanks. I needed to hear that."

----------

"Pat. Thank you for coming my office. I just... eh, screw it. I have nothing to discuss with you at this time.

Pat Connaughton gave Lyman a concerned look and left his office. Lyman smiled and thought to himself, 'I'm the best general manager in the league'. He spun around in his chair, as his phone vibrated to tell him that his new laptop had been sent.

'Things are looking up.'
Last edited by Lamrock on Fri Nov 04, 2016 3:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lamrock

Re: (15-11) SWISH | Nov. Recap + Chapter 2!

Postby Valor on Thu Oct 27, 2016 4:13 am

Lamrock, I just wanted to say that you're my boy, blue! :lol:

They really need to add a few more variations to those MyGM dialogues, it was exactly the same in 2K15 as well.

14-10 is decent, though your defense could be a lot better...What's up with OKC? Westbrook going nuts?
Valor
Fire GarPax

Postby Lamrock on Thu Oct 27, 2016 11:22 am

Yeah, at times I wish I'd chosen myCareer, but I guess it gives me something to make fun of when I can't think of any behind the scenes stuff. :P

My team is pretty good - probably a contender for the WCF since San Antonio is trash in my game for whatever reason. I think the team as constructed can become at least mediocre on defense with a combination of better sliders, me improving in the game, and player development. Player development seems to be kind of slow in this game, but we'll see how it goes.

Westbrook is basically the new Oscar Robinson, averaging a triple double, along with close to 30 points. The rest of the team is trash, but they destroyed us in a simmed game so idk. We'll see how it goes when we play them...
Lamrock

Postby Lamrock on Fri Oct 28, 2016 12:41 pm

DECEMBER RECAP

Happy 2017 everybody! Hope you had a fun New Year's..................................

Anyway, the Blazers sit at 20-14 after two months, on pace to win 48 or so games. More or less, our team has been beating the teams it's supposed to, and losing to the ones you'd expect. This phenomenon heartbreakingly (screw you speel check, that's a word) manifested itself against the Clippers, in which the Blazers literally dropped the ball, blowing a seven point lead with 40 seconds to go to lose to the CP3-less Clips. Yuck.

Still, this 10-6 month puts the team comfortably in the playoff picture, only a game behind the Kings (who nobody takes seriously) for the 3 seed. Damian Lillard has continued to establish himself as a top 5 player in this league, while McCollum is making a solid case to make his first all-star appearance, despite missing a couple games. Aminu, Ezeli and Harkless have missed a few games as well, but this team's depth has made this a relative non-factor, being at least two deep at every position. As such, it has allowed for players like Noah Vonleh and Shabazz Napier to get some decent playing time, where both have had their moments.

All in all, things are going pretty well for the Blazers. I mean, they still aren't playing much defense, but they did hold the Knicks to 64 points, which is something I guess!

----------

Around The League

*triggered* (although now he's out for the season)

As expected, the Warriors and Cavaliers rule the roost and are in all likelihood headed towards an unprecedented third consecutive Finals face-off. While the Warriors will need to win all 46 of their remaining games to be breaking any records, they nonetheless are the clear title favorites. Don't sleep on the surprising Bulls or Thunder however, who are both off to tremendous starts despite significant roster turnover in the off-season.

The Process is finally paying off - all it took was forcing Hinkie out apparently... The rookie trio of Simmons, Saric and Embiid are leading the way for the 76ers, who currently sit at .500! Things aren't so peachy however for fans of the Magic and Heat... if it isn't bad enough living in Florida, their NBA teams are a combined 14-56!

[+] Key Injuries

John Wall (WAS) out for season with torn ACL :(
Blake Griffin (LAC) out for season with right leg stress fracture :twisted:
Darren Collison (SAC) out for season with torn achilles
Khris Middleton (MIL) out for season with broken vertebrae

The big news is of course 2009 and 2010 first overall picks John Wall and Blake Griffin both going down with season ending injuries. Awful news for fans of both teams - Washington now likely to miss the post-season for the second straight year, while the clock continues to tick on Chris Paul's career. Mario Chalmers will have big shoes to fill as the Kings' new starting point guard, while the Bucks will have to do it without their underrated 2 guard. Injuries blow, man.

Key Transactions

Suns trade Tyson Chandler to New Orleans for Solomon Hill
Spin:
Chandler returns to New Orleans - if he has anything left in the tank, he and Davis will be a dominant frontcourt. The Suns meanwhile replace a solid, though overpaid veteran center with a solid, though overpaid combo forward.
Grade for New Orleans: B- | Grade for Phoenix: B

Hornets trade Lamb, Cody Zeller to Nets for Lin, Greivis Vasquez
Spin:
The struggling Hornets decide it was their decision to let Lin walk that's caused their regression, and ship out two young players to get him back. Solid move for Brooklyn, even if it means Caris LaVert will be their starting point guard.
Grade for Charlotte: C+ | Grade for Brooklyn: A-

Hornets trade Belinelli to Knights for Ajinca
Spin:
Charlotte replaces Zeller with Ajinca, a good backup center. Knights get more scoring.
Grade for Charlotte: A | Grade for Kansas City: C

Pistons sign PF/C Thomas Robinson to 1 year, $2M deal
Magic sign F Caron Butler to 1 year, vet minimum deal
Wolves bring back G Kevin Martin on 1 year, vet minimum deal

NBA STANDINGS

WEST (PotM: Stephen Curry | RotM: Kris Dunn)

1 Golden State 28-8*
2 Oklahoma City 24-9*
3 Sacramento 21-13
4 Portland 20-14*
5 Memphis 20-15
6 Houston 17-15
7 LA Lakers 19-17
8 LA Clippers 18-17
San Antonio 17-17
Seattle 16-17
Utah 17-19
Kansas City 15-19
Minnesota 14-20
Dallas 13-19
Phoenix 13-20
Denver 13-22

EAST (PotM: Kyrie Irving | RotM: Dario Saric)

1 Cleveland 28-7*
2 Chicago 24-9
3 Toronto 24-12*
4 Atlanta 18-15*
5 New Orleans 19-16
6 Detroit 17-15
7 Milwaukee 18-18
8 Philadelphia 17-17
New York 16-17
Washington 16-17
Indiana 14-18
Charlotte 11-25
Miami 7-28
Orlando 7-28
Brooklyn 6-29

Gallery
Image Image

Image Image

Image Image
Lamrock

Postby Valor on Mon Oct 31, 2016 1:17 pm

Lamrock wrote:Yeah, at times I wish I'd chosen myCareer, but I guess it gives me something to make fun of when I can't think of any behind the scenes stuff. :P

Oh it is a fun read for sure, I love it :lol:

Lamrock wrote:Westbrook is basically the new Oscar Robinson, averaging a triple double, along with close to 30 points.

He's like this in real life right now, absolutely insane production (Y)

Weird to see the Spurs barely at .500 and out of the playoff race
Valor
Fire GarPax

Re: (20-14) SWISH | December Recap!

Postby Phil89 on Tue Nov 01, 2016 5:06 pm

Clearly 2K have mixed up San Antonio and Sacramento, judging by those standings. Apart from that Clippers tragedy, you had a good month by the looks of it.

It would be cool if Seattle could rise up the rankings a bit and end up facing OKC in the playoffs :cheeky:
My Stories
LIVE 10 - Thunder I, Thunder II
2K13 - Wizards / 2K15 - Sixers / 2K16 - Sixers / 2K17 - Suns / 2K19 - Thunder
Phil89

Re: (20-14) SWISH | December Recap!

Postby Lamrock on Wed Nov 02, 2016 11:17 am

People think we're crazy for letting the Sonics take Plumlee, who just stands there...

Welcome back everybody!

When we last saw the Blazers, they were 20-14, playing solid, but unspectacular basketball. Since then, they have won seven in a row to sit at 27-14 exactly halfway through the regular season. An improved defense and easy stretch of schedule have been the primary factors in this terrific stretch of play. And to think, that was with Festus Ezeli being out with an injury of some kind! Knee I think it was... Still an iron man compared to his real life self, but let's get back on topic.

With that streak on the line, Lillard and company head to Memphis to play the Grizzlies, a perennial playoff team that once again finds itself in the middle of the West playoff picture. Will Conley, Gasol and Randolph kill them with grindness? Or does the loss of Tony Allen (picked up by Kansas City in the expansion draft) make them soft now?

----------

Blazers Win Eighth Straight, But Lose McCollum
Portland 103, Memphis 95

Aminu couldn't do much about Z-Bo posting up, but he got his

The Portland Trail Blazers came into Memphis with plenty of confidence and for good reason. They were coming off seven consecutive wins, were finally back to full health with Ezeli returning (off the bench behind Ed Davis) and the Grizzlies were without 96 million dollar man Chandler Parsons. However, the Grizzlies are never a push-over (the 2016 playoffs where everybody was hurt aside), and though Portland came out firing, it was a close contest early on.

The second half saw the Blazers open up a nine point lead. However, McCollum and Lillard were both taken out for a couple minutes, and Terry Stotts paid dearly for that decision, as it sparked an 11-2 Grizzlies run. The lead changed hands multiple times, but CJ went off in the fourth quarter, helping Portland once again pull away. He hit a mid-range dagger with two minutes remaining to increase the lead to double digits, but paid dearly for it, going down in the process.

Portland went on to win by eight, but the locker room was somber after the game. There was mild relief when they got the news: just a sprained ankle. However, with McCollum's injury and the severity of the sprain, he is expected to be out until the all-star break. Well, that streak was fun while it lasted...

Still, the win improves the Blazers to 28-14, with a nationally televised showdown with the Oklahoma City Thunder coming up next. A win there would mean leapfrogging OKC for second place.

Image Image

Key Stats:

McCollum: 31 points, 3 assists, 10-21 FG, 5-12 3pt, 6-6 FT, left in fourth quarter
Lillard: 27 points, 4 assists
Turner: 15 points, 5 assists
Ezeli: 2 points, 8 rebounds, 4 steals

Gasol: 18 points, 10 rebounds
Randolph: 23 points, 8 rebounds
Conley: 13 points, 12 assists

Notes: After the game, Terry Stotts announced that Ed Davis would be starting indefinitely. In addition, Meyers Leonard would start in place of McCollum, shifting Turner and Aminu to the 2 and the 3 respectively. The Blazers were not the only team to receive bad injury news, as the Magic lost starting small forward Mario Hezonja, in the midst of a breakout year, for the season with a ruptured left achilles. Ouch.

Despite the winning streak, Blazers general manager Lyman Witherspoon has reportedly been shipping forward Maurice Harkless around. Harkless, 23, signed a four year, $40 million contract in the off-season after starting in the playoffs. The additions of Turner and Ezeli have led to limited minutes for Harkless however, and Portland is currently over the luxury tax limit. A name that has been linked to Portland is Magic guard Jodie Meeks, who has an expiring contract, and would help fill in while McCollum is injured.

Also, rumor has it that the Portland Trail Blazers will be re-branding for the 2017-18 NBA season. A leaked picture of the apparent jersey prototype was met with mostly negative reaction, due to it not having the city or team name on the front of it.
Lamrock

Re: (27-14) SWISH | Blazers go for 8 straight + INJURY?!

Postby Valor on Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:46 am

Damnnnn McCollum was ballin, too bad he got injured in the end...

Not really feeling the rebranding though, it feels like the same thing minus the words (so I guess I'm one of the negative reactions) :lol:
Valor
Fire GarPax

Postby Murat on Fri Nov 04, 2016 11:15 pm

That's a Lamrock rebranding!
Murat
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Lamrock on Sat Nov 05, 2016 3:42 pm

WESTBROOK, LEBRON HEADLINE ALL-STAR STARTERS

Prior to the marquee match-up between the Portland Trail Blazers and Oklahoma City Thunder, the all-star starters were announced on TNT. There were no major surprises, as leading vote-getters like LeBron James, Russell Westbrook and Stephen Curry were named to the team. A week from today, the reserves, selected by the coaches, will be revealed. The starters are as followed:

Western Conference

G Stephen Curry (GS)
G Russell Westbrook (OKC)
F Kawhi Leonard (SA)
F Kevin Durant (GS)
C DeMarcus Cousins (SAC)

Eastern Conference

G Jimmy Butler (CHI)
G DeMar DeRozan (TOR)
F LeBron James (CLE)
F Carmelo Anthony (NY)
F Anthony Davis (NO)

NBA Award Winners To Be Announced In Primetime TV Program

The NBA officially announced that this season, it would be revealing all of its annual awards at once during a primetime awards program. The program was initially rumored to be held after the postseason, but instead, it will be in April, the Friday night before the playoffs tip off. The Most Valuable Player, Sixth Man of the Year, Rookie of the Year, Most Improved Player, Coach of the Year, Defensive Player of the Year, All-NBA Teams, All-Rookie Teams and All-Defensive Teams will be revealed in the presentation.

Blazers' Streak Hits Nine Despite Westbrook's 35
Portland 97, Oklahoma City 87

In a much hyped match-up between the #2 and #3 seeds in the Western Conference, the Blazers managed to beat the Thunder in OKC to take control of 2nd place in the West, and win their ninth straight game.

Portland came out of the gates on fire, letting it rain from long range. Their lead got as high as 13 points before a Meyers Leonard turnover sparked a 17-4 Thunder run. The Blazers led by two points at the half, but would fall behind for the first time in the third quarter. Fortunately, Portland's bench held strong enough for Damian Lillard to get some rest and keep the game within seven points.

The Blazer strategy of letting Russell Westbrook get his, and shutting down the rest of OKC worked in the fourth quarter. The Thunder really missed Kevin Durant down the stretch as a gassed Westbrook did everything in his power to try and will his team to victory, but the shots weren't falling. Despite being without second leading scorer CJ McCollum, Portland's offense could not be stopped down the stretch, as they stunned the hostile crowd, pulling out a 97-87 victory.

In the win, the Blazers shot 56% from the field, but the 17 offensive rebounds they gave up kept the game close. They will hope to go finish their road trip undefeated and push their win streak to 10 against Seattle next.

Image Image

Key Stats:

Lillard: 22 points, 7 assists, 3 steals, 7-11 FG, 7-8 FT
Aminu: 18 points, 8 rebounds, 8-12 FG
Crabbe: 17 points, 6-13 FG, 3-7 3pt

Westbrook: 35 points, 6 assists, 5 steals, 15-35 FG
Lamrock

Re: (29-14) SWISH | League News + Showdown vs. OKC

Postby Phil89 on Sat Nov 05, 2016 5:02 pm

That's a pretty impressive effort to grab 17 offensive rebounds against Adams and Kanter, not to mention getting the win in OKC :applaud:

Nice winning streak.
My Stories
Phil89

Re: (29-14) SWISH | League News + Showdown vs. OKC

Postby Lamrock on Mon Nov 07, 2016 5:14 am

JANUARY RECAP

Aminu Acids has been a key building block

The Portland Trail Blazers truly hit their stride in January, opening up the new calendar year with a ten game winning streak before finally losing to the Boston Celtics. Portland ended up going 13-2 for the month, shooting up the standings to second place. They did so despite losing CJ McCollum to a severe ankle sprain, which will hold him out for a few more weeks.

It has been an improved effort on defense coupled with the team's still elite offense that has fueled this run. Lillard has continued to make his case for MVP, while new starting center Ed Davis has been a force on the boards. A virtual lock for the postseason, the focus for Portland shifts to the battle between them and the rival OKC Thunder for the second seed in the West. Most importantly however, they will hope to get McCollum back and go into the playoffs with a healthy squad.

Expectations are high now that the team is among the upper echelon in the West. Next month will see the Blazers hope to keep their momentum, as Damian Lillard returns to the all-star game, as well as the three-point shoot-out.

Image Image
Image Image
----------

2017 NBA Mock Draft

1. Boston (via BRK) - PG Dennis Smith (NC State)
2. Miami - SF Josh Jackson (Kansas)
3. Charlotte - G Markelle Fultz (Washington)
4. Orlando - G Frank Ntilikina (France)
5. Dallas - SF Jayson Tatum (Duke)
6. Phoenix - C Jarrett Allen (Texas)
7. Indiana - PF Harry Giles (Duke)
8. Minnesota - SG Kostja Mushidi (Germany)
9. Utah - C Marques Bolden (Duke)
10. Washington - PF Edrice Adebayo (Kentucky)
11. New York - PG Frank Jackson (Duke)
12. Milwaukee - F Isaiah Hartenstein (Germany)
13. Denver - C Omer Yurtseven (Turkey)
14. San Antonio - F Jonathan Isaac (FSU)
15. Seattle - PF Lauri Markkanen (Arizona)
16. Kansas City - SF Wenyen Gabriel (Kentucky)
17. Brooklyn (via BOS) - PG De'Aaron Fox (Kentucky)
18. Houston - PF Ivan Rabb (California)
19. Philadelphia (via LAL) - SG Malik Monk (Kentucky)
20. Detroit - SG Terrance Ferguson (Arizona)
21. Atlanta - PG Lonzo Ball (UCLA)
22. Philadelphia - PF Jonathan Jeanne (France)
23. New Orleans - G Edmond Sumner (Xavier)
24. Toronto (via LAC) - SG Dwayne Bakon (FSU)
25. Chicago (via SAC) - C Thomas Bryant (Indiana)
26. Denver (via MEM) - SG Biaz Mesicek (Slovenia)
27. Portland - SG Grayson Allen (Duke)
28. Oklahoma City - SF Miles Bridges (Michigan State)
29. Toronto - PF Tyler Roberson (Syracuse)
30. Chicago - SG Josh Hart (Villanova)
31. Cleveland - SF DJ Hogg (Texas A&M)
32. Utah (via GS) - PF Austin Nichols (Virginia)

NBA STANDINGS

Western Conference (PotM: Russell Westbrook | RotM: Brandon Ingram)

1 Golden State Warriors 39-11
2 Portland Trail Blazers 33-16
3 Oklahoma City Thunder 32-16
4 Memphis Grizzlies 31-19
5 Houston Rockets 25-22
6 Sacramento Kings 26-23
7 Seattle SuperSonics 25-24
8 Los Angeles Lakers 26-25
Los Angeles Clippers 25-25
Kansas City Knights 24-25
San Antonio Spurs 24-25
Utah Jazz 22-28
Minnesota Timberwolves 22-28
Denver Nuggets 22-28
Phoenix Suns 21-28
Dallas Mavericks 16-31

Eastern Conference (PotM: Jimmy Butler | RotM: Ben Simmons)

1 Cleveland Cavaliers 38-13
2 Chicago Bulls 34-14
3 Toronto Raptors 35-16
4 Atlanta Hawks 28-21
5 New Orleans Pelicans 26-22
6 Detroit Pistons 26-22
7 Boston Celtics 27-24
8 Philadelphia 76ers 24-25
New York Knicks 22-26
Milwaukee Bucks 22-27
Washington Wizards 20-28
Indiana Pacers 19-27
Orlando Magic 17-32
Charlotte Hornets 13-38
Miami Heat 11-37
Brooklyn Nets 11-40

Trail Blazers Player Stats

Lillard: 26.4 PPG, 8.8 APG, 3.5 RPG, 1.6 SPG (.481% / .420% / .903%)
McCollum: 23.7 PPG, 5.1 APG, 3.2 RPG, 1.4 SPG (.494% / .463% / .829%)
Turner: 11.8 PPG, 6.2 APG, 5.1 RPG (.451% / .267% / .885%)
Aminu: 10 PPG, 5.9 RPG (.434% / .378% / .789%)
Davis: 5.9 PPG, 5.6 RPG (.584% / .000% / .612%)
Crabbe: 12.4 PPG, 2 RPG (.449% / .364% / .887%)
Leonard: 7.2 PPG, 5.7 RPG (.486% / .333% / .726%)
Ezeli: 5.6 PPG, 8.4 RPG, 1.7 BPG (.438% / .000% / .456%)
Napier: 4.7 PPG, 2.8 APG (.404% / .366% / .818%)
Harkless: 3.9 PPG, 2.2 RPG (.421% / .259% / .579%)
Vonleh: 3.7 PPG, 2.3 RPG (.403% / .385% / .783%)
McGee: 3 PPG, 3.7 RPG (.532% / .000% / .553%)

League News

Hornets fire Steve Clifford, hire David Blatt
The Hornets are a huge disappointment, and sign the former Cavs "coach"
Caldwell-Pope (DET), Gobert (UTA) get max extensions
Three years for KCP, two years for Gobert - good move?
Lakers swap Tarik Black for Wolves' Cole Aldrich
Spin: Scrub swap! Scrub swap! The Wolves, stacked in the front court, get a bit younger, while the Lakers gear up for a playoff push
Wolves send Pekovic to Mavs for Dwight Powell
Spin: Mavs make one last desperation move to salvage what may be Dirk's last season, while the Wolves ditch Pekovic's albatross contract as last
Suns trade Jared Dudley, John Jenkins to Nuggets for Darrell Arthur, Jameer Nelson
Spin: Two lottery teams make a trade seemingly for the sake of making a trade.

----------

Full NBA All-Star Game Rosters Revealed

Western Conference

Stephen Curry (GS)
Russell Westbrook (OKC)
Kawhi Leonard (SA)
Kevin Durant (GS)
DeMarcus Cousins (SAC)
----------
Damian Lillard (POR)
James Harden (HOU)
Gordon Hayward* (UTA)
Draymond Green (GS)
DeAndre Jordan* (LAC)
Chris Paul (LAC)
Karl-Anthony Towns* (MIN)

Snubs:
Klay Thompson (GS), Rudy Gay (SAC), D'Angelo Russell (LAL), CJ McCollum (POR), Mike Conley (MEM)

Eastern Conference:

Jimmy Butler (CHI)
DeMar DeRozan (TOR)
LeBron James (CLE)
Carmelo Anthony (NY)
Anthony Davis (NO)
----------
Rajon Rondo (CHI)
Bradley Beal* (WAS)
Giannis Antetokounmpo* (MIL)
Paul Millsap (ATL)
Brook Lopez (BRK)
Al Horford (BOS)
Andre Drummond (DET)

Snubs:
Kyle Lowry (TOR), Paul George (IND), Kyrie Irving (CLE), Reggie Jackson (DET), Kevin Love (CLE)

Rising Stars Challenge Teams Announced

Stars: D'Angelo Russell (LAL), Josh Richardson (MIA), Ben Simmons (PHI), Kristaps Porzingis (NY), Joel Embiid (PHI)
Buddy Hield (NO), Justise Winslow (MIA), Wade Baldwin (MEM), Dario Saric (PHI), DeAndre Bembry (ATL)

Elites: Kris Dunn (MIN), Jamal Murray (DEN), Brandon Ingram (LAL), Jahlil Okafor (PHI), Karl-Anthony Towns (MIN)
Nikola Jokic (DEN), Emmanuel Mudiay (DEN), Cameron Payne (OKC), Marquese Chriss (PHX), Salah Mejri (DAL)

All-Star Saturday Participants

Slam Dunk Contest

Aaron Gordon (ORL)
Zach LaVine (MIN)
Marquese Chriss (PHX)
Andrew Wiggins (MIN)

Three Point Shootout

Stephen Curry (GS)
Klay Thompson (GS)
Kevin Durant (GS)
Damian Lillard (POR)
J.J. Redick (LAC)
James Harden (HOU)
Lamrock

Re: (33-16) SWISH | January Recap!!!

Postby Valor on Fri Nov 11, 2016 7:05 pm

Rondo makes the All Star team over Wade? :facepalm2:

Damn impressive record from you, looks like top 4 should be a lock....while we are on the subject of records...WTF PHILLY :shock:
Valor
Fire GarPax

Postby Phil89 on Tue Nov 15, 2016 8:10 pm

I'd give Marquese Chriss a decent chance in the dunk contest. He's shown some pretty impressive dunking ability for me.

Brook Lopez must be putting up 30/15/5 a game to make the All-Star game on the worst team in the NBA :lol:
My Stories
Phil89

Postby Lamrock on Wed Nov 16, 2016 12:27 pm

All-Star weekend has come and gone, and as far as all-star weekends go, this was certainly one of them! With Damian Lillard both playing in the all-star game and competing in the three-point shootout, Blazers fans had reason to tune in, I guess..

It's great that the NBA decided to take a stand and move the all-star game out of North Carolina. However, it seems like with months to prepare for the game, the good people at Smoothie King Center would get the floor right - for some reason the court is the same as the one for the 2016 all-star game in Toronto. Come on, son!

Karl-Anthony Towns was there too...

LED BY INGRAM, ELITES HOLD OFF STARS
Elites 110, Stars 102

Despite the relative success of last year's USA vs. the rest of the world Rising Stars Challenge, the league opted to have two squads seemingly put together at random, with guys like DeAndre Bembry, who has yet to play a single NBA minute, among those playing. Despite this, there was still some excitement to be had, as Lakers rookie put on a show. His Elites held a commanding lead for most of the game, but D'Angelo Russell and Kristaps Porzingis led a furious comeback attempt by the Stars. Unfortunately for them, a missed free throw that would have cut the lead to two led to a dunk by Jahlil Okafor on the other end, sealing the deal for the elites.

#1 pick and RotY favorite Ben Simmons had 6 points and 11 boards. Brandon Ingram finished with 33 points and 8 boards on 12-16, while teammate Russell had 21 points and 6 dimes for the other side.

MVP: Brandon Ingram
33 points, 8 rebounds, 4 assists, 2 blocks, 12-16 FG, 4-7 3pt

----------

LILLARD BOMBS THREE POINT SHOOTOUT AS CURRY RECLAIMS CROWN

Steph will need to buy yet another trophy case soon

"I usually wear the letter "O" on my jersey, but tonight, I took an L" - Damian Lillard after scoring a measly ten points.

After ceding the three point title two fellow splash brother Klay Thompson in last year's three point shootout, Curry dominated the competition this year to reclaim his crown. There were three Warriors in this year's contest, with Durant, Curry and Thompson, but only Steph made the finals. After James Harden and J.J. Redick both underwhelmed in the final round, Curry won comfortably with a fairly pedestrian 18 points.

Player --------------| R1 | ----- | R2
Stephen Curry -----| 21 | ------ | 18
James Harden ---- | 16 | ------ | 13
J.J. Redick ------- | 20 | ------ | 12
Klay Thompson -- | 15
Kevin Durant ----- | 15
Damian Lillard --- | 10

LAVINE DETHRONED AS CHRISS WINS DUNK CONTEST

Yeah, I know this picture is shitty - I don't care, shut up.

Nobody's dunks were that dope this year.

Player ----------- | D1 | D2 | D3 | --------- | TOTAL
Marquese Chriss - | 47 | 47 | 48 | ---------- | 142
Andrew Wiggins-- | 47 | 40 | 47 | ---------- | 134
Aaron Gordon ---- | 43 | 42 | 42 | ---------- | 127
Zach LaVine ------- | 43 | 37 | 37 | ---------- | 117

LILLARD CHUCKS HIS WAY TO 34 POINTS, LEADS WEST TO VICTORY
West 131, East 118

Lillard won MVP, but this dunk tho...

The Western Conference has won the all-star game once again! Led by Damian Lillard, who made it his personal goal to take this game over after being inexplicably left out last season, the West dominated from start to finish.

The first half was shockingly low scoring, with the two teams actually playing defense! However, in the second half, it was classic All-Star game basketball, with a defensive effort that even Mike D'Antoni would scoff at. Anthony Davis and DeMar DeRozan did what they could to keep things relatively interesting, but the West ultimately ran away with this. After the game, MVP Damian Lillard commented, "man, I wish I could have shot like that last night…"

MVP: Damian Lillard
34 points, 4 assists, 7-13 3pt, 7-8 FT

Image Image

Image Image

Westbrook: 21 points, 5 assists, K. Leonard: 12 points, 5 rebounds, 4 steals, 5-5 FG, Cousins: 11 points, 9 rebounds, 4-4 FG
A. Davis: 23 points, 13 rebounds, 11-13 FG, DeRozan: 21 points, 4 assists, L. James: 13 points, 9 assists

D-League All-Star: Gordon Hayward: 2 points, 3 rebounds, 1-5 FG
Lamrock

Postby Valor on Wed Nov 16, 2016 3:51 pm

Lamrock wrote:However, it seems like with months to prepare for the game, the good people at Smoothie King Center would get the floor right - for some reason the court is the same as the one for the 2016 all-star game in Toronto. Come on, son!

:lol:

Zach Lavine only a 117 in the Dunk Contest, holy shit.
Valor
Fire GarPax

Re: [37-20] SWISH | All-Star Weekend in "New Orleans"

Postby Lamrock on Sun Nov 20, 2016 11:38 am

The trade deadline has come and gone, and there were a few deals. The biggest one was probably Wesley Matthews to Philly, but the one we'll focus on is the three-team salary dumb that sent Moe Harkless to Phoenix!

BLAZERS DEAL HARKLESS TO SUNS IN THREE TEAM SALARY DUMP

Moe Harkless showing off his new duds...

Portland receives PF Alan Williams and conditional second rounder from PHX
PHX receives Mo Harkless from POR, F Damian Rudez from ORL
Orlando receives F Luis Montero from POR

Moe Harkless finished the 2015-16 season strong as the Blazers' starting power forward, earning him a 4 year, $40 million extension. Unfortunately for him, the return of Meyers Leonard, as well as the additions of Evan Turner and Festus Ezeli, have led to him being buried in the rotation. Despite currently sitting in 2nd place in the Western Conference standings, the Blazers have decided to make the sound financial decision of shipping him out of town. They also ship out Luis Montero, and get D-League call-up Alan Williams as well as a conditional second rounder from the Suns.

The Phoenix Suns, in need of a starting small forward with TJ Warren and PJ Tucker injured, acquire a solid young wing in Harkless, as well as a filler piece in Rudez.
Orlando meanwhile gets... younger at the third-string SF spot with the addition of Montero - they were kind enough to help tie this deal together.

The Trail Blazers, with their vacant roster spot, have brought back veteran small forward Dorell Wright for the minimum.

----------

Heat trade Tyler Johnson, Beno Udrih to Pelicans for Terrence Jones, Langston Galloway
Spin: Pelicans acquire a young prospect, while the struggling Heat fill backup PG and PF roles

Nuggets trade Wilson Chandler and JaKarr Sampson to Bucks for Dellavedova, Steve Novak
Spin: A pair of teams falling behind in the race for the 8 seed decide to swap sixth men. Will it work? I don't know. Probably not.

Nets trade Justin Hamilton to Hawks for Top 10 Protected 2018 First, Walter Tavares
Spin: Nets GM Sean Marks makes the most un-Billy King move ever by trading a backup center for a future first

Mavericks trade Wesley Matthews, Seth Curry to Sixers for Covington, Stauskas
Spin: The Mavericks decide to go younger and tank the rest of the season, while the Sixers add a key veteran to fight for a playoff spot… Wait, I got these teams backwards, right?
Lamrock

Re: [37-20] SWISH | All-Star Weekend in "New Orleans"

Postby Phil89 on Sun Nov 20, 2016 5:39 pm

Looks like a good salary-dumping trade. Williams is a solid, yet unspectacular backup with a cheap contract.
My Stories
Phil89

Re: [37-20] SWISH | shitty trade deadline write-up

Postby Lamrock on Mon Nov 21, 2016 8:23 am

Yeah Harkless is pretty good in real life, but in 2K he's just not worth the money. The fact that Dorell Weight can actually hit threes makes him a solid replacement.

Players like Williams are a dime a dozen, but if one of my bigs go down, I'll be glad to have him.
Lamrock

Postby I Hate Mondays on Mon Nov 21, 2016 11:09 am

Great thread :applaud:
I Hate Mondays

Postby Valor on Tue Nov 22, 2016 2:28 pm

Bucks giving up on Delly already is surprising, and Sean Marks is on his way to executive of the year awards with that move!
Valor
Fire GarPax

Postby Lamrock on Sun Nov 27, 2016 12:22 pm

Yeah, not sure who the Bucks will play at the point - though I suppose I could edit Giannis's position to PG, moving Wilson Chandler to the 3...
Last edited by Lamrock on Sun Nov 27, 2016 12:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Lamrock

PreviousNext

Return to Stories from the Virtual Hardwood