Official Patch Notes & Discussion (Latest Patch: 1.12)

Talk about NBA 2K17 here.

Re: Official Patch Notes & Discussion (Latest Patch: 1.05)

Postby Hadley88 on Sun Nov 06, 2016 4:20 pm

blizzcoe wrote:
JaoSming wrote:Easiest way to confirm that you got it is to go into a MyLEAGUE save or MyTEAM, then goto create a custom uniform. If the NBA logo is on the side/front of the shorts instead of the back, you have patch 5.

Or, goto MyCAREER, 2K Pro-Am, Power Rankings, and see if you can view a team's roster.

I have checked the roster and GSW uniform, Tony Snell is still on CHI and theres no #42 in GSW's uniform so I guess, I dont have the patch 5 yet? :(

Its 100% out. Points of Emphasis are definitely back!
Hadley88

Postby dreamagain on Sun Nov 06, 2016 4:29 pm

We whined about it and they finally did something about it - everyone gets the patch at the same time now.

So good on 2k for doing that. We all paid $60 so we should all get the same content.

Rosters aren't updated but this fixed the bug so now they can update them, so im sure within the next day they will be updated.
dreamagain

Postby Dee4Three on Sun Nov 06, 2016 5:09 pm

Did anybody notice how amazing the broadcast generic cam is now??? They fixed the zoom so now when shots go up, or you go into the paint, the camera doesn't auto zoom in when you have auto zoom off.. it's amazing!
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Check out my YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvHJXrqit8Dc6HBY5P6EmAA

Follow me on Twitter

https://twitter.com/Dee4Three84
Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby Aliean on Sun Nov 06, 2016 5:22 pm

is the double team in my career actually fixed or is it still stupid?
Aliean

Postby Phreak50 on Sun Nov 06, 2016 8:13 pm

Still with the transparent hair and beards on PC.

Come on 2K...
Phreak50

Postby Lenkbron on Sun Nov 06, 2016 9:01 pm

Still no improvements performance wise for PC?
thanks lpasso!
Lenkbron

Postby I Hate Mondays on Sun Nov 06, 2016 9:46 pm

Lenkbron wrote:Still no improvements performance wise for PC?

Nope. If they had to fix all those 35-pages of things from above, expect the PC performance problem to be solved a little bit later.
I Hate Mondays

Postby ThePointForward on Sun Nov 06, 2016 10:27 pm

I'm really glad that VC fixed a lot of things already and they'll certainly continue to do so (although I'm also certain that some works on 2K18 already begun).

But one thing to think about: we have 5 patches already. 2K16 had 6 patches overall if I'm not mistaken and 2K17 has 5 while it's still early November.
ThePointForward
Formerly Dommy73

Postby hedop on Sun Nov 06, 2016 10:57 pm

Injury Bug for MyGM is still there. At the Allstark Break I count 38 injuries of 2 weeks and more in the league and nearly all of them affect the team stars. But I found an interesting discussion about it:

seems the idiots at 2k simply assumed that everyone plays 6 minute quarters and thereby modeled their ingame fatigue on 6 minute rotations which are not adjusted to 12 minute quarters.

https://steamcommunity.com/app/385760/d ... 753203588/
hedop

Postby fordtech99 on Sun Nov 06, 2016 11:49 pm

i need help after update my game crashes.
fordtech99

Postby diamenz on Sun Nov 06, 2016 11:55 pm

jesus, big men are still clueless as far as defense goes. they just don't know how to stay between their man and the basket - they just dick around in different directions. i haven't played the game almost at all in the past few weeks because of this and it just blows my mind that they haven't fixed it. it was and still is the most glaring gameplay issue and it seems to me that they didn't touch it.n don't get me started on fast breaks and no improvements being made. i'm ragin' right now. this game had so much promise. #@%*!

...i'm re-d/ling 2k16 out of frustration. i need my bball fix.
Last edited by diamenz on Sun Nov 06, 2016 11:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.
diamenz

Postby kb24gold on Sun Nov 06, 2016 11:56 pm

Relentless finisher badge I'm hearing is finally working. Going to try out my sf slasher to confirm.
kb24gold

Postby kb24gold on Mon Nov 07, 2016 12:01 am

fordtech99 wrote:i need help after update my game crashes.

I am now having the same issue. I'm going to restart my comp to see if that makes any difference. 5 times now i tried to boot up the game and as soon as i see the intro it crashes back to desktop...no errors pops up. This did not happen before the patch release.
kb24gold

Postby fordtech99 on Mon Nov 07, 2016 12:22 am

kb24gold wrote:

I am now having the same issue. I'm going to restart my comp to see if that makes any difference. 5 times now i tried to boot up the game and as soon as i see the intro it crashes back to desktop...no errors pops up. This did not happen before the patch release.

this worked for me go into your 2k17 install folder and if out have the Limnono Mod Plug-in "waigu.dll" in place just remove the dll then start the game. then youll get the "this game needs to update message at main menu". simply go into a submenu the exit back out to main menu. then the game will update ie. big basketball in lower right of screen. once the basketball disappears and the updat is done. finally close the game, reinsert the "waingu.dll" in the install folder then restart the game. it should work fine now
fordtech99

Postby I Hate Mondays on Mon Nov 07, 2016 1:41 am

kb24gold wrote:

try restarting your computer. it happened to me too, now it works
I Hate Mondays

Postby carajas on Mon Nov 07, 2016 2:56 am

hedop wrote:Injury Bug for MyGM is still there. At the Allstark Break I count 38 injuries of 2 weeks and more in the league and nearly all of them affect the team stars. But I found an interesting discussion about it:

seems the idiots at 2k simply assumed that everyone plays 6 minute quarters and thereby modeled their ingame fatigue on 6 minute rotations which are not adjusted to 12 minute quarters.

its a shame, I was hoping that it fixed, but like every year we have to wait until January or February to have a playable game. hopefully.

I do not understand how not manage such things that make the game unplayable, and prioritize bullshitting as broadcast camera zoom :applaud: :applaud: :applaud:
carajas

Postby Uncle Drew on Mon Nov 07, 2016 8:00 am

hedop wrote:Injury Bug for MyGM is still there. At the Allstark Break I count 38 injuries of 2 weeks and more in the league and nearly all of them affect the team stars. But I found an interesting discussion about it:

Yeah you're right, Injuries happen every game even playing vs CPU. It's unacceptable.
Uncle Drew

Postby Uncle Drew on Mon Nov 07, 2016 8:05 am

diamenz wrote:jesus, big men are still clueless as far as defense goes. they just don't know how to stay between their man and the basket - they just dick around in different directions. i haven't played the game almost at all in the past few weeks because of this and it just blows my mind that they haven't fixed it. it was and still is the most glaring gameplay issue and it seems to me that they didn't touch it.n don't get me started on fast breaks and no improvements being made. i'm ragin' right now. this game had so much promise. #@%*!

...i'm re-d/ling 2k16 out of frustration. i need my bball fix.

This patch didn't address anything, that I've noticed that was substantial for gameplay. Bigs camping out at the 3pt line. They should be around or near the post, unless they are good 3 pt shooters, ( ie..Drummond standing out there, he can't even make ft's ) They also let they're man backdoor them for easy baskets far too often, and weakside help is non existent. CPU 3pt shooting and defense is still insane as well. Sliders don't help at all, they just come down, pull up and drain them with people hanging all over them. Too bad, because this game isn't far off from being the standard.
Uncle Drew

Postby Gerix on Tue Nov 08, 2016 12:53 am

There is still problem with created players and their names randomly changing in created roster.
:roll:
Gerix

Postby @_King12_ on Tue Nov 08, 2016 8:32 pm

Anyone noticed that the doin' work meter in my career mode had disappeared?? Are you guys having the same problem?
@_King12_
"The Chosen One"

Postby Andrew on Tue Nov 08, 2016 9:54 pm

Still shows up for me.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Dee4Three on Wed Nov 09, 2016 2:41 am

After the patch, moving screens seem to be finally called correctly. I had two moving screen violations last game, and they were accurate. I didn't wait for the pick setter to be set before turning the corner.

Overall, I'm really happy with this patch. They fixed the Broadcast Generic camera view (Key zoom works properly on or off now).
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Check out my YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvHJXrqit8Dc6HBY5P6EmAA

Follow me on Twitter

https://twitter.com/Dee4Three84
Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby fjccommish on Wed Nov 09, 2016 5:41 am

Shooting foul issue was gone, but is now back.

After applying the patch, I turned foul out back on. In 20 games the remainder of the season, CPU v CPU, the Bulls starting center fouled out once.

During the playoffs, he didn't foul out and averaged 3.2 FPG.

But then during the finals, he fouled out 5 out of 7 games, averaging 5.6 FPG. Every time he was in the paint, if the player he was defending shot, it was a foul.

Now in the next season, he has fouled out four of he first five games, averaging 5.8 fouls per game. Every movement an offensive player makes, while near this center, it's a foul.

Returning to fouling out turned off.
fjccommish

Postby kb24gold on Wed Nov 09, 2016 10:12 am

fordtech99 wrote:
kb24gold wrote:

this worked for me go into your 2k17 install folder and if out have the Limnono Mod Plug-in "waigu.dll" in place just remove the dll then start the game. then youll get the "this game needs to update message at main menu". simply go into a submenu the exit back out to main menu. then the game will update ie. big basketball in lower right of screen. once the basketball disappears and the updat is done. finally close the game, reinsert the "waingu.dll" in the install folder then restart the game. it should work fine now

weird but it worked for me. Game is running perfectly thank you :)
kb24gold

Postby fjccommish on Wed Nov 09, 2016 10:32 pm

The situation with fouling is odd.

Prior to the path, there was no fouling problem in season 1. Then the Bulls center started fouling out almost every game. I turned off fouling out. The fouls stopped. The center wasn't getting as many fouls. His average fouls per game went back down.

Post patch, I started a new MyLeague. Season 1, there was no foul problem. Finals series continuing into the next season the Bulls center was always in foul trouble and fouling out most games. I turned off fouling out. Now the Bulls center average fouls per game has gone down from over 5 (with fouling out on) to under 3 fouls per game (fouling out turned off).
fjccommish

PreviousNext

Return to NBA 2K17