2k17 C.A.P has the same hairstyles as 2k16

Talk about NBA 2K17 here.

2k17 C.A.P has the same hairstyles as 2k16

Postby Nick on Fri Sep 02, 2016 3:45 am

Vid 1: https://streamable.com/ml2d

Vid 2: https://streamable.com/e5pg?t=3.7

Well that's a bit disappointing. :| You'd think with the popularity of MyCAREER they would update their Create-A-Player features. It's the same old faces and hair.
Not ideal for MyLEAGUE guys like me who like to sim 10-20 yrs ahead.
Their CAP was way behind last year, and now it is even more.
Hype... fading...
Nick
Barnsketball
Contributor

Re: 2k17 C.A.P has the same hairstyles as 2k16

Postby miki_92 on Fri Sep 02, 2016 4:23 am

no slicked back undercuts, no man-buns , beards are all the same :roll:
miki_92

Postby ThePointForward on Fri Sep 02, 2016 4:58 am

Not too unexpected, but I think that generic player face system should be high on priority list now. I'd like to think that the community want editor in which skilled player can create face resembling any player they desire, be it Bosh, LeBron, Nash or Yao.

I'm sure that's not an easy task, but I thin kit would be major improvement that they can sell well.
ThePointForward
Formerly Dommy73

Postby miki_92 on Fri Sep 02, 2016 6:55 am

this guy is pathetic

really good comment from reddit

Sure, that's why there's hundreds if not thousands of items you can buy to dress up your player in the Park, right?

Must not have anything to do with the fact that extra hairstyles don't earn them money but random polka-dot patterned sweaters that cost VC do.

Nope, hairstyles is definitely what would push them towards being a dress-up game.

If you're going to be a dick to your customers, at least try to make some fucking sense.
miki_92

Postby big-shot-ROB on Fri Sep 02, 2016 7:04 am

I always try to be as polite and as reasonable as I can, but his attitude as a face of a worlwide game franchise leaves a lot to desire. There is no way you can treat your customers like this. On top of that you are the community manager, I mean, you do not even build the game, you know 0 about it (it is clear in the 2K official streams where they play).

I mean, it is easy to ignore this tweets. No need to bother to answer them, but despite that, you have to laugh at your customers and bother to answer.

That is a big NO-NO :scold:
big-shot-ROB
Robert Horry is better than MJ, because everybody knows that 7>6.

Postby Andrew on Fri Sep 02, 2016 10:46 am

While it doesn't affect my hype for the game too much, it is a shame that generated/created players will still stand out a bit in that regard. There are certainly other core features/functions that should be (and obviously were) higher priorities, but in terms of the visuals, it should be on the list of things to enhance in the future.

I agree that that response from Ronnie is another one that leaves a lot to be desired, and certainly looks even more ridiculous when you take into account what that reddit comment points out. He's full of smiles and Re-Tweets when people have something nice to say about the game, but when there's criticism, it gets really ugly really fast.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby Nick on Fri Sep 02, 2016 2:21 pm

Pretty frustrating response from Ronnie. Having realistic and varied looking generated players is a big part of making it more realistic. It's annoying that he's making it out to be some unnecessary cosmetic thing. If "it's not a game", then make it realistic with more varied hairstyles!
Nick
Barnsketball
Contributor

Postby d-fish on Fri Sep 02, 2016 3:49 pm

Dommy73 wrote:Not too unexpected...
I'm sure that's not an easy task, but I thin kit would be major improvement that they can sell well.

I'm not a programmer--far from it. They just haven't wanted to address the issue. Nothing is easy... However, Sims 4 has one of the best Create-A-Player engines and the whole GAME fits onto 1 DVD... Complete control over the face/head/hair--thousands of styles... They could take a cue from that little "dress up game"! They seriously need to address this issue--like 4 f'in games ago... I've been harping on this for the last 4 games--and just NOW people are starting to take issue with it. I'm sick of CAPs looking like some kind of sick man/monkey hybrid... Especially the white guys. They look the same and they all look so fuQing stupid!!!

I don't even play the MyCareer or MyPlayer modes--I can't imagine what its like playing as those big-ass-headed mutants for that mode... Ridiculous... I just want the players that don't have faces in the game to not look like cloned Geiko cavemen... Is that too much to ask?!?! And thanks to the fact that 2k doesn't feel like giving PC users the FULL game, but expect us to pay FULL price, while they pluck all of the PC Modding talent out of the community one by one... Seems totally cool!

Nick wrote:Pretty frustrating response from Ronnie. Having realistic and varied looking generated players is a big part of making it more realistic. It's annoying that he's making it out to be some unnecessary cosmetic thing. If "it's not a game", then make it realistic with more varied hairstyles!

What an overpaid dick... He's so f'in useless. That block-headed, sleepy-eyed dipshit... He gets paid tons of money to hang out with basketball players, poorly play the game that he claims he's bad at cause he's "gettin' used to the new controls" and piss off 2k fans. What a complete bag of shit...
RETIRED MODDER I used to MOD, but I quit because people & whatnot...
d-fish

Postby Nick on Fri Sep 02, 2016 6:07 pm

^ That's a bit harsh / dramatic
Nick
Barnsketball
Contributor

Postby ThePointForward on Fri Sep 02, 2016 7:17 pm

Well, as far as Ronnie goes, this is second fuckup in relatively short amount of time.

D-Fish wrote:2k doesn't feel like giving PC users the FULL game, but expect us to pay FULL price

What do you mean?
ThePointForward
Formerly Dommy73

Postby d-fish on Fri Sep 02, 2016 7:20 pm

Nick wrote:^ That's a bit harsh / dramatic

What's "harsh" or "dramatic" about it? Its in the way that each person uses the game... I like to customize the game and I like it to be as polished looking as possible. It looks ridiculous with those neanderthal CAP running around in the game. Everyone else gets on here and rants about shoes & storylines of MyCareer or whatever... I don't care about those modes or the accuracy of shoes, but people get "dramatic" about that stuff and I don't tell them to "chill out, holmes! Those kicks are tight." They've given us the same shitty CAP engine ever since I started playing 2k--actually, its gotten worse.

And as for Ronnie2k, everything I said was stated with pinpoint accuracy. Facts, if you will. So, as the kids say, stick it in your bottom hole, Nick...
Last edited by d-fish on Fri Sep 02, 2016 7:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
d-fish

Postby d-fish on Fri Sep 02, 2016 7:22 pm

Dommy73 wrote:Well, as far as Ronnie goes, this is second fuckup in relatively short amount of time.

D-Fish wrote:2k doesn't feel like giving PC users the FULL game, but expect us to pay FULL price

What do you mean?

I mean, we don't get face scanning, we don't get to utilize the player creator app... yet, the game price is still as much for the PC as it is for XBOX one and PS4. If they're going to cut the bells and whistles, at least lower the price for PC users.
d-fish

Postby ThePointForward on Fri Sep 02, 2016 7:29 pm

We have the face scanning... Actually that is probably the reason why we won't get the face scan via smartphone.

Other than that the games are the same.
ThePointForward
Formerly Dommy73

Postby d-fish on Fri Sep 02, 2016 8:06 pm

Dommy73 wrote:We have the face scanning... Actually that is probably the reason why we won't get the face scan via smartphone.

Other than that the games are the same.

Oh... Well, whatever... I'm gonna' go pre-order my game now. Wahooooo!!!
d-fish

Postby Murat on Fri Sep 02, 2016 9:43 pm

I wish we could contact the art workers.
Murat
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Rodzilla91 on Mon Sep 05, 2016 12:21 pm

d fish got a point though with the created players looking like man / monkey hybrids. the white people especially look off.

and i think nba 2k would take it to the next level with an in depth creator for players, like wwe 2k, i seriously doubt nba 2k will have any sort of advanced morphing like wwe does with the faces but if that ever happens man.. woo wee
Rodzilla91

Postby ThePointForward on Mon Sep 05, 2016 5:26 pm

Actually Visual Concepts have been developing WWE since 2K14, so they should have to know-how.
ThePointForward
Formerly Dommy73

Postby Andrew on Mon Sep 05, 2016 7:39 pm

Yuke's is still involved with the development of WWE 2K, for what it's worth.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby ColumbusBobby23 on Sun Sep 11, 2016 4:06 am

People have been complaining about Ronnie and LD2K for as long as I can remember. I mean really, what does it take for these guys to get replaced? I stopped watching anything they are involved in back in the 2K12 days. Getting my 2K news from Chris Smoove is actually enjoyable for me. And he doesn't make me want to rip my hair out and jump through the screen to punch somebody. Why Smoove doesn't have their job I will never know. I mean really, aren't community managers supposed to be liked by the community? Shouldn't somebody in public relations have good relations with the public? #2KDouchebagsGoAway

2K, take my advice, sack these guys and put their salary into the game. Your fans will thank you for it.
ColumbusBobby23

Postby Hadley88 on Mon Sep 12, 2016 12:32 am

I really wonder why they didn't add any new. That should be one of the easiest things to do. Add a few new Beard-Options, how hard can it be?
Hadley88

Postby TGsoGood on Mon Sep 12, 2016 1:03 am

Hadley88 wrote:I really wonder why they didn't add any new. That should be one of the easiest things to do. Add a few new Beard-Options, how hard can it be?

They can include new hairstyles in a patch during the year. They have done this before.
Follow me on PATREON https://www.patreon.com/TGsoGood
Consider donating: http://cash.me/$TheJohnsonFamily or http://paypal.me/4TheGoods
Follow me on twitter @TGsoGood
Check me out on youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPydhZ ... PeRSmEVynQ

NBA 2K21 TGsoGood Mods and releases - viewtopic.php?f=267&t=110608
NBA 2K17 TGsoGood Mods and releases - viewtopic.php?f=225&t=102251#p1860681
NBA 2K14 TGsoGood Mods and releases - viewtopic.php?f=153&t=96056
TGsoGood
Contributor
Contributor

Postby RICH72601 on Mon Sep 12, 2016 10:19 am

This is the reason I love the modding part. As a black male, it's funny how the lack of low-cut style are simply not there, considering the league is predominately black. They have come a long way with there hair tech, but they're still far behind. Honestly, Live 06 (Xbox 360) had hair physics and braids and such were on point. I don't really think it's a priority of theirs. More hair options for all ethnicities are needed.

Here's my 2K17 scan, not spot-on by any means, but ok. They definitely need more optins with the head/face because there are a nice handful of games that do it way better.

RICH72601

Postby Andrew on Mon Sep 12, 2016 10:29 am

Turned out a lot better than mine. (Y)
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby ColumbusBobby23 on Mon Sep 12, 2016 10:43 am

@RICH72601,
Apart from the eyebrows and the forehead lines I would say that is really good. Better than the ones I've seen on youtube.
ColumbusBobby23

Postby RICH72601 on Mon Sep 12, 2016 10:54 am

Thanks, it took many tries though. It's definitely not as easy or accurate as Live 16, but I can't complain too much. Some odd things happens once the face animates though, like my "crazy eyes". Lol
RICH72601

Next

Return to NBA 2K17