Memphis Grizzlies Dynasty-Denver @ Memphis

A collection of memorable stories from NBA Live's franchise and career modes.

Postby Donte Thomas on Fri Aug 20, 2004 1:07 pm

nice work showbiz ( i think that's what the sbhz means ). if can keep em' comin.
Donte Thomas

Postby 8-Hype on Fri Aug 20, 2004 8:26 pm

How did you get the rookies in your new season?
benji wrote:It's getting too sickening to listen to people siding with barbarians

Ty-Land wrote:Watch the spelling and/or grammar or you will have the world against you here
8-Hype

Postby Riot on Fri Aug 20, 2004 11:15 pm

Tyson Chandler is a MVP candiate? :lol:
Riot
WHAT DA F?!?! CHEEZITS!?

Postby mp3 on Sat Aug 21, 2004 7:27 pm

That slam cover is amazing i love it!!

I cant belive Marbury's not up there in the assists charts :cry:

You must have the best team defence out there with Posey, Ron Ron and Damp on the team.
mp3

Postby -BHZMAFIA- on Sat Aug 28, 2004 12:33 pm

Sorry for taking so long to update, but I will be updatong tomorrow so look out for a few games. :wink:
-BHZMAFIA-

Postby Alcoholic on Sat Aug 28, 2004 1:10 pm

When I was looking for where I left off, I saw that SLAM cover and my first thought was Artest was thrown in jail.. :lol: LOL! Good cover.
Alcoholic

Postby -BHZMAFIA- on Sun Aug 29, 2004 12:51 pm

ImageImage
Philadelphia @ Memphis
December 4, 7:30 PM
Sixers, 8-9; Grizzlies, 11-4.

Grizzlies Ready for December

The Grizzlies head into December on a 5 game winning streak

By Ronald Tillery
December 4, 2004

Coming into the season many people didn't think the Grizzlies would be holding an 11-4 record. "It has been quite a journey for us. As a team, we have came together and made our team a very tough squad to reckon with," Grizzlies G/F Mike Miller said.

The duo of Artest and Gasol have done some damage to some teams. Artest was featured on the front cover of SLAM Magazine for the month of December. He has been a true leader for the Grizzlies and he has boosted his scoring average since coming to Memphis.

Allen Iverson will lead the 76ers into tonight's game with an 8-9 record. This is a team that can beat you at times and fall apart badly other times. You never know how well they will play before the start of a game. Iverson leads the Sixers in scoring with 22.4 ppg. The Grizzlies are planning on letting Artest guard Iverson for the game. "Artest should give AI trouble with his height. Ron is one of the best perimeter defenders in the game, so we will leave it in his hands to guard Iverson," Coach Hubie Brown said.

Probable Starters:
76ers
C-Samuel Dalembert- (10 RPG)
PF-Kenny Thomas- (7.5 RPG)
SF-Glenn Robinson- (17.8 PPG)
SG-Allen Iverson- (22.4 PPG)
PG-Eric Snow- (4.2 APG)

Grizzlies
C-Erick Dampier- (1.9 BPG)
PF-Pau Gasol- (12.0 RPG)
SF-James Posey- (16.0 PPG)
SG-Ron Artest- (20.6 PPG)
PG-Jason Williams- (6.4 APG)

-Ronald Tillery: 555-5555
-BHZMAFIA-

Postby -BHZMAFIA- on Mon Aug 30, 2004 5:45 am

Grizzlies Continue Streak

The Grizzlies start the month off right with a win over the Sixers

By Ronald Tillery
December 5, 2004

Image76ers-79
ImageGrizzlies-101

Artest forced Iverson into taking tough shots as he shot 8-21 from the field

The gameplan of letting Artest guard Iverson worked out pretty well for the Grizzlies. Iverson was able to put in 18 points, but he didn't shoot well from the field. Artest was making Iverson force his shots when he got the ball. Artest only had 1 steal in the game, but he did things throughout the game to keep the Sixers from being any threat to the Grizzlies.

James Posey did have an off game. Glenn Robinson was able to score 19 points on Posey. Posey had a bad offensive night and defensive night. "It was just one of those games for me that was bound to happen. I was playing so well during the winning streak, and I knew one game I just wasn't going to do good in. Luckily, my teammates didn't need me that much tonight and all of them contributed well enough to get the victory," Posey said.

Posey getting one of his few baskets against the 76ers

The play of Jason Williams was tremendous as he led the Grizzlies in scoring with 23 points and dished out 7 assists in the game. He has been on point since the Grizzlies started their winning streak. "He has come into his own now, and I think he is starting to have an all-star year if he can keep it up," Assistant Coach Tony Barone Sr. said.

With a 6 game winning streak at stake, the Grizzlies will play the Utah Jazz for the 3rd time this season in their next game. The Grizzlies have won both of the first 2 meetings against the Jazz and expect the Jazz to be more caution of the Grizzlies style of play. "I know they will be ready for us this time after playing us for the 3rd time in just 2 months. It will be a good game and hopefully we can come out with the win," Stromile Swift said.

Player Stats:
Grizzlies
P. Gasol-17 pts, 9 rebs, 2 blks
R. Artest-17 pts, 6 rebs, 3 asts
J. Williams-23 pts, 7 asts
E. Dampier-15 pts, 10 rebs, 2 blks
J. Posey-9 pts, 4 asts, 2 stls
S. Swift-8 pts, 1 blk
M. Miller-6 pts, 2 asts

76ers
A. Iverson-18 pts, 4 asts, 2 stls
G. Robinson-19 pts, 6 rebs
S. Dalembert-8 pts, 11 rebs
E. Snow-6 pts, 6 asts
K. Thomas-14 pts, 9 rebs
A. Iguodala-7 pts

Last edited by -BHZMAFIA- on Fri Sep 17, 2004 9:28 am, edited 2 times in total.
-BHZMAFIA-

Postby Jing on Mon Aug 30, 2004 11:32 am

good win man, nice job holding iverson down
Jing

Postby thaKEAF on Tue Aug 31, 2004 6:07 am

Why'd ya have to do us like that? :cry:
thaKEAF

Postby -BHZMAFIA- on Wed Sep 01, 2004 12:01 pm

Grizzlies Announce Hoops Camp

The Grizzlies organization have created a basketball camp for the youth of Memphis

By Ronald Tillery
December 6, 2004

Jason Williams playing 1-on-1 with 12 year old Jeremy Collins, a 6th grader at Snowden Elementary.

Grizzlies majority owner Michael Heisley has produced another program for the Memphis community. After having a Summer Hoops Camp during the summertime for kids 5-14, he has now put in an effort to make another program thats during the winter.

The Grizzlies Hoops Camp will have kids from the age 5 up to 15 learning about different types of skill training and will experience all basketball fundemental in a competitive setting. Players will have the opportunity to apply their new skills in real game situations.

For just $150 per week, each camper receives: 2 tickets to a future Grizzlies game at FedExForum, a camp t-shirt, certificate, off-season workout plans, Grizzlies trading cards and the chance to win prizes each day.

"This program will give all kids something to do during the 2nd week in the month of January. That one week the kids will have will turn them into more of a team player and they will get the chance to interact with other kids around the community of Memphis," Grizzlies owner Michael Hiesley said.

The Grizzlies commitment to a wide variety of basketball program serves the purpose of improving fitness, developing sportsmanship and a love of the game while teaching teamwork, leadership, listening skills and the importance of hard work and respect for others.

During the week, there will be visits from Grizzlies players Jason Williams, Troy Bell, Mike Miller, Antonio Burks and James Posey.

(Thanks to cklistie for the jogging suit pants and helping me come up with the idea of this.) :wink: )
-BHZMAFIA-

Postby Webb on Wed Sep 01, 2004 7:34 pm

Fuck,
this has been the most astonishing dynasty EVER.
i have read it all from the begining, but damn.... you ARE good.
Webb

Postby TRIO DOROBO on Fri Sep 03, 2004 3:30 am

this was the best dynasty i saw. keep it up.
TRIO DOROBO

Postby The Future on Fri Sep 03, 2004 4:14 am

great dynasty man....will u be doing this for 05?
The Future

Postby -BHZMAFIA- on Fri Sep 03, 2004 8:38 am

Yea, expect a bunch of updates either later on today or on Saturday because tomorrow I will be at the football game and won't be at home to update. Expect 3-5 updates this weekend.
-BHZMAFIA-

Postby Macca on Sat Sep 04, 2004 11:16 am

Hey Desmond...

Man, I can't believe how much I've missed man. You never told me how good it was on MSN. I mean, this is the sweetest fuckin' thread I've seen since Cocobee's and possibly Mark's dynasty. I’m telling you, this is the best dynasty ever. You damn good man. :shock:

First off, (and I’m just gonna try and cover all bases/what I missed) and I’ll start by saying, from the moment I started reading this, I literally wet myself.. :oops:

Now, about the managing of your team, you were; are good.
First you sign a great F in Cardinal, then you lure in Dampier (who is one of the most underrated C’s in the L.)
Next, you trade for Artest and Wilcox; are you sure you weren’t a real GM or some person who worked for an NBA team in your previous life? :?:

But managing the team isn’t all you can do…
The way you present each page, it’s just like reading a website. I specially liked the NBA INSIDERS issue; that was down right sweet. And the SLAM mag, that was a nice touch, especially with newcomer Artest. The article by Khalid Salaam was tight, but it maybe could’ve used a touch up.

Onto the actual games.
Great presentation. I know this might sound like I’m going on, but it’s just that damn good.
For your first game, you continuing with the pre-match write-ups with I loved form the previous dynasty. Great wins against the Rockets, Jazz, Suns (except 1) Bulls, Sixers, Hawks (great opener) Celtics, Kings, Warriors, Rockets (again, great game) & the Spurs. Bad luck against The Suns though, and the Raptors, Knicks & Pistons; they were all great games, most going down to the wire. And at December, you were 3rd in the West- that’s’ good. Great, not good. Gasol is leading the way in boards, (5th in the L) and JWill is stealing like Iverson (3rd in the L). The depth of your team is excellent. You’ve got Artest who is a powerhouse on both ends, Dampier who is working his way in nicely, Miller who always puts up good numbers, JWill is the probably the leader of the Grizz behind Gasol & Gasol? What can I say…? :lol:

And next thing, from nowhere, comes this bloody training camp thing where I fell off my chair. You got JWill, in an And 1 top and tracksuit pants! Damn. And the little kid…damn again. That, I just can’t describe it, a lot of work has gone into this whole thing, and you should keep it up and keep going. If there was an award for dynasty of the year, you’d get it bro.
The overall dynasty is amazing and I know I’m raving on so I’ll stop now, but anyways, cheers to Desmond. I’ll talk to later on MSN! (B)
Macca (Y)

PS:: Sorry I haven't been following it as of late, or posting comments, but I've been tied up. (As everyone knows :roll: ) But I'll try to post here as often as possible when ever I get some free time. Go Memphis (Y)
Macca

Postby -BHZMAFIA- on Sat Sep 04, 2004 3:04 pm

Dang, you have made my day by giving me those type of props. I just came from bball practice a little while ago and I was at school from 7 AM til 7 PM, then I had to play at my school football game so I just got back at around 11:30 PM. I'm going to really make sure I get plenty of games in this weekend because that compliment really made me want to finish this dynasty. Thanks for all the compliments :wink:
-BHZMAFIA-

Postby Jing on Sun Sep 05, 2004 2:55 am

u guys wiN?
Jing

Postby -BHZMAFIA- on Sun Sep 05, 2004 3:06 am

jxuusa wrote:u guys wiN?

Nope, we lost 12-6 to Melrose :(
-BHZMAFIA-

Postby -BHZMAFIA- on Sun Sep 05, 2004 3:14 am

ImageImage
Utah @ Memphis
December 10, 7:30 PM
Jazz, 8-12; Grizzlies, 12-4.

ROUND 3

The Jazz and Grizzlies go at each other once again with the Grizzlies winning the series 2-0

By Ronald Tillery
December 10, 2004

After the Grizzlies released their new uniforms for the upcoming season, the Jazz released their uni's a little after that. The colors for the jerseys were very simliar, but the Grizzlies had a little more extra taste in the design category for their jersey.

The Grizzlies hav also been showing the league that the Jazz are no threat to them this season by leading the season series 2-0. Last season, the Jazz ended up giving the Grizzlies a fight during their series by ended it with a 2-2 tie.

The return of Matt Harpring this season has given the Jazz some what of an advantage to make the playoffs. In tonight's game, Andrei Kirilenko and Gordan Giricek will not play. Kirilenko is out for at least 10 days with a twisted ankle and Giricek is out for 2 weeks with a fractured thumb. These injuries will really hurt the Jazz, but they still have Arroyo, Harpring, Boozer and Okur, who can all do some damage. Raja Bell will be sstarting for the injured Kirilenko.

Key Matchup:
Carlos Arroyo vs. Jason Williams
It's very hard to describe the play of Jason Williams during the Grizzlies 6 game winning streak. He has done many things to help the team. He maintains his assist average, while averaging less turnovers and more points. Arroyo has came on this season averaging a career-high 16.8 ppg and 5.3 apg.

Jazz
C-Mehmet Okur- (5.3 RPG)
PF-Carlos Boozer- (8.2 RPG)
SF-Raja Bell- (12 STLS)
SG-Matt Harpring- (16.9 PPG)
PG-Carlos Arroyo- (5.3 APG)

Grizzlies
PF-Pau Gasol- (11.8 RPG)
SF-James Posey- (15.6 PPG)
SG-Ron Artest- (20.4 PPG)
PG-Jason Williams- (6.4 APG)

-BHZMAFIA-

Postby -BHZMAFIA- on Sun Sep 05, 2004 3:56 am

Nothing Can Stop Them

Grizzlies have now won 7 straight consecutive games and are playing fabolous ball

By Ronald Tillery
December 11, 2004

ImageJazz-87
ImageGrizzlies-111

Gasol was able to have his way during the game without the Jazz having Kirilenko

The Grizzlies came into this game knowing that they had a great chance of winning. The Jazz were hurt after losing Kirilenko and Giricek to injuries that would keep them out for at least 2 weeks each.

The Jazz didn't have anybody that made up for the lost of Giricek and Kirilenko combined. Harpring was the leading scorer for teh Jazz as he put in 20 pts and grabbed 6 rebs, but that wasn't enough to overcome 24 point deficit. The Grizzlies ended up having 4 players with 17 points or more in this game. The depth was just too much for the Jazz to handle with two of their best players not being there.

"This was a must win game for us. We were on a 6 game winning streak going into this game and we knew we couldn't let this game get away because we have teams like Dallas and Minnesota to face in a couple of days," Artest said.

The Jazz miss Kirlekno's tremendous defense and offense and they needed him in last night's game against the Grizzlies

Raja Bell did a fair job by starting for Kirilenko, but he never did bring the presence that Kirilenko produces. Bell was able to get 12 points in the game and he didn't have a good defensive night which he is mostly known for.

The matchup between Jason Williams and Carlos Arroyo was even as Williams scored 11 points and dished out 7 assists, while Arroyo scored 13 points and dished out 5 assists. "Arroyo will be a great PG in the future and he has been taught by one of the greatest PG's, John Stockton. He is still a very young kid and with more experience, he will grow into that all-star mentality," Coach Hubie Brown said.

The play of Stromile Swift off the bench gave the Grizzlies a tremendous boost. Swift was probably the difference maker in this game as he scored 15 points off the bench for the Grizzlies. "When I came into the game, I knew we couldn't take it easy on this team even though they were without their star player. I came in and played my best," Swift said.

Player Stats:
Grizzlies
P. Gasol-20 pts, 8 rebs, 2 blks
J. Posey-20 pts, 7 rebs
E. Dampier-18 pts, 11 rebs, 2 blks
R. Artest-17 pts, 8 rebs, 4 asts, 2 stls
S. Swift-15 pts, 3 rebs, 2 blks
J. Williams-11 pts, 7 asts

Jazz
M. Harpring-20 pts, 6 rebs
C. Boozer-16 pts, 8 rebs
C. Arroyo-13 pts, 5 asts
R. Bell-12 pts
M. Okur-11 pts, 7 rebs

Last edited by -BHZMAFIA- on Fri Sep 17, 2004 9:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
-BHZMAFIA-

Postby -BHZMAFIA- on Sun Sep 05, 2004 2:35 pm

ImageImage
Memphis @ Seattle
December 13, 7:30 PM
Grizzlies, 13-4; Sonics, 8-10.

On the Road Again

The Grizzlies hit the west coast after being at home for 2 games

By Ronald Tillery
December 13, 2004

When it's early in the afternoon, most NBA players hate playing at that time. After previous experiences, star Grizzlie player, Pau Gasol doesn't like playing early games. "It ruins my nap time and your still not completely awaken," Gasol said. Posey is one of the few players that don't mind playing early games. "The only thing I need is a bag of Skittles and water and I will be ready to go," Posey explained.

The Grizzlies broke their team record of winning 6 game consecutive games after baeting the Jazz to move their streak to 7 games. Someone has came up big for the team each night and they have had enough depth to defeat each team in their own unique way during the winning streak.

The Grizzlies will have to deal the duo of Ray Allen and Rashard Lewis in today's game. Allen has maintained a high scoring average with 21.4 ppg, but Lewis average has dropped. He averages 14.1 ppg, while shooting 39% from the field.

Key Matchup:
Ron Artest vs. Ray Allen
Once again, its the defensive man against an offensive machine. Artest has to guard another tough offensive player in today's game. Allen is a great shooter and you can't sleep on him or he will go off in the game. Artest has to stay on Allen to keep him from getting an open shot. He must force Allen to create his own shot instead.

Probable Starters:
Sonics
C-Robet Swift (8.3 RPG)
PF-Nick Collison- (5.3 RPG)
SF-Rashard Lewis- (14.7 PPG)
SG-Ray Allen- (23.2 PPG)
PG-Luke Ridnour- (4.1 APG)

Grizzlies
PF-Pau Gasol- (11.4 RPG)
SF-James Posey- (15.4 PPG)
SG-Ron Artest- (20.3 PPG)
PG-Jason Williams- (6.6 APG)

Last edited by -BHZMAFIA- on Mon Sep 06, 2004 10:27 am, edited 2 times in total.
-BHZMAFIA-

Postby -BHZMAFIA- on Sun Sep 05, 2004 2:56 pm

Close Call in Seattle

Artest has his best outing since becoming a Grizzlie in yesterday's game

By Ronald Tillery
December 14, 2004

ImageGrizzlies-106
ImageSonics-101

Gasol had some key defensive plays during the last few minutes of the game

This was probably the toughest game during the Grizzlies winning streak. It came down to the end, when Artest had to make a tough decision during crunchtime.

With 22 seconds left in the game, the score was knotted at 100-100 apiece and the Sonics had the ball. The Grizzlies were forced to foul Nick Collison who was trying to pass the ball to Allen, but Gasol fouled him just in time. Collison went to the line to make the first free throw, but he missed the 2nd one and Dampier grabbed the rebound. He called for a timeout so the Grizzlies could take the ball out at halfcourt. Memphis set up a play for Artest on the wing, Posey inbounded the ball to Williams and Williams passed it to Artest on the wing to shoot the 3 point shot. Artest made the shot with 17 seconds left.

Dampier 10 rebounds, led the Grizzlies in that category and helped them win their 8 consecutive game

The Sonics called a timeout after the Grizzlies grabbed a 103-101 lead. The Sonics set up a play for their hot shooter in the game which was Ray Allen. Ridnour found Allen in the corner to shoot a quick 3 point shot to give the Sonics the lead and he missed it. Gasol grabbed the rebound and quickly outlet the ball to Artest. Allen was coming towards him to foul him so Artest shot another 3 pointer as Allen was coming towards him and made it while getting fouled. Artest missed the free throw and the time ran out as the Sonics got the rebound.

After that game, news reporter A.C. Smith asked Artest why did he shoot the ball instead of just getting fouled to shoot two free throws. He responded, "When your on the road and you have to shoot crunchtime free throws, it's real tough situation. That was something I didn't want to go through and I had the confidence in myself to shoot the 3 point shot knowing I was about to get fouled. That way, if I missed the shot, I still would've shot 3 shots instead of 2 and if I made 2 out of the 3 free throws, we would still have a 2 possession game. If I only had 2 free throws and made 1 out of 2, then it would still be a 1 possession game," Artest said.

The Grizzlies will face the division leading Dallas Mavericks in their biggest game of the season tomorrow.

Player Stats:
Sonics
R. Allen-29 pts, 6 rebs, 4 asts
R. Swift-19 pts, 8 rebs, 2 blks
R. Lewis-16 pts, 5 rebs
L. Ridnour-16 pts, 3 asts
N. Collison-6 pts, 6 rebs
R. Murray-5 pts

Grizzlies
R. Artest-33 pts, 8 rebs, 2 stls
P. Gasol-20 pts, 9 rebs, 2 blks
E. Dampier-11 pts, 10 rebs, 2 blks
J. Posey-8 pts, 6 rebs, 1 stl
J. Williams-6 pts, 8 asts, 2 stls
S. Swift-9 pts, 4 rebs
M. Miller-4 pts, 4 rebs, 2 asts

Last edited by -BHZMAFIA- on Fri Sep 17, 2004 9:27 am, edited 2 times in total.
-BHZMAFIA-

Postby NNpF on Sun Sep 05, 2004 2:59 pm

This is amazing. This is what inspired me to start my dynasty. I can't believe how much work and detail you put into this. And it's all presented so well. And as hard as I work on my dynasty you just seem to put in more effort (I'm not trying to compete by the way :D ).

I have no complaints at all. Well one small thing but it's not your fault, Dampier is with the Mavs but you started when he was still a free agent so thats still cool. And I really wanted to see Artest with the Kings...you bastard :lol: . No but really, this is the best and most interesting dynasty ever. I like dynasties where you make realistic trades and don't ruin every other team by taking their star player unless they were going to be traded in real life (Although Artest wasn't the star player but he was close, and you made a good trade for him anyways). So keep it up because this dynasty is keeping me going with my dynasty.
NNpF

Postby TRIO DOROBO on Mon Sep 06, 2004 2:23 am

its me again. again it was a very great dynasty. i only have one questions. i look at the pics of your 1st game anganist hawks and i saw the crowd was full. as i remember crowd are not full on first game and only goes up as you reach your play-offs. seems like your screenshots was from an exhibition game am i right???
TRIO DOROBO

PreviousNext

Return to NBA Live Stories Hall of Fame