DROSE goes to NewYork

Like real basketball, as well as basketball video games? Talk about the NBA, NCAA, and other professional and amateur basketball leagues here.

Re: DROSE goes to NewYork

Postby Sauru on Sun Jul 24, 2016 10:53 am

pretty much
Sauru

Postby air gordon on Tue Jul 26, 2016 12:28 am

Rose's super team comments are vintage Rose. It's nice for a change to not get frustrated and just enjoy the ride
Jump.
Scott Skiles answer to the question on how Eddy Curry can become a better rebounder
air gordon

Postby mp3 on Tue Jul 26, 2016 4:24 pm

Yeah as a knicks fan I pay no attention to his comments as this team hasn't played a single minute of basketball together yet, I get his mentality but talk is pretty cheap really.
Youtube - mp3 Basketball Gaming
mp3

Postby Andrew on Tue Jul 26, 2016 5:19 pm

Optimism and confidence are positive attributes, but there's also wisdom in keeping your words soft and sweet, in case you need to eat them later.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby air gordon on Wed Jul 27, 2016 3:18 am

That sounds like something from a fortune cookie hehe

He was right about his "why not me for mvp" comments the year ljames took his talents to south beach. I'll give him that (Y)
Jump.
Scott Skiles answer to the question on how Eddy Curry can become a better rebounder
air gordon

Postby Andrew on Wed Jul 27, 2016 12:26 pm

It did come out a bit that way, more so than I intended. :lol: I stand by it, though. Nothing wrong with being optimistic and confident, but it's a smart idea to watch what you say, especially if there's any boasting involved. Words like that can come back to haunt you, so you better be able to back them up if you're going to toss them out there.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby sticky-fingers on Sun Apr 14, 2019 12:07 am

Sorry for the bump, but this video was released yersterday :shock:

phpBB [video]
sticky-fingers

Postby Andrew on Sun Apr 14, 2019 12:45 am

Every time we wheel and deal in the franchise modes of NBA Live and NBA 2K, that's what we're doing to virtual players. Forget sadistic designs in Roller Coaster Tycoon, rampages in Grand Theft Auto, or taking the evil route in Fallout; it's hoops titles where we're the real monsters.

In all seriousness though, that's a pretty raw video, capturing a side of NBA players we don't often see. I definitely admire B.J. Armstrong for those words of comfort and perspective, looking out for Rose as his client. The callousness of the deal juxtaposed with Rose talking about how he wanted to stay in Chicago drives home the point about the toxic culture cultivated by the Bulls' front office. It's no wonder they have trouble attracting marquee free agents, and as a Bulls fan, it's a dismal thought. I'm glad he's finally been able to bounce back, though. It's also cool to hear he's open to a return to Chicago, as that would be pretty awesome. He's not one of the league's brightest young stars anymore, but I'll still take him over Dunn and any other point guard on the roster right now, assuming he stays healthy and retains his form from this past season.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby sticky-fingers on Sun Apr 14, 2019 12:54 am

we hear often this sentence "NBA is just a business" but despite $$$, there's a man and his family behind.
this video is so moving. i'm glad he shone brightly this year and hope he comes back again at this level.
sticky-fingers

Postby air gordon on Sun Apr 14, 2019 1:09 am

good for Rose to come out with a documentary (albeit produced by his own agent) to tell his side of his story. you can't blame a guy for being stoic/not open up to the media like most other superstars. to me there's some hypocrisy there when a guy wants to build his brand but remain sheltered/coddled within his own group. but honestly i chalked it up being "humble" when the bulls were winning games and but once the injury happened and the mystery of him being injured/healthy- him being not forthcoming with that really made it hard to be sympathetic towards him

i don't want to tear that band aid again of him vs bulls. really no one came out a winner in the end. but yes agree its good to see him bounce back. never scored 50pts when wearing a bulls uniform. one of best games of the year if not for sentimental reasons

nice story if comes back to his hometown. if he accepts a 6th man role, great, i'm all for it (Y)
Jump.
air gordon

Postby mp3 on Sun Apr 14, 2019 11:51 pm

Pretty standard reaction to being traded to the Knicks really, think he handled it all pretty well, one of my all time favourite players and iam sad he couldn't make NY his home.
Youtube - mp3 Basketball Gaming
mp3

Previous

Return to NBA & Basketball