Wonder Woman aka that theme song.

Other video games, TV shows, movies, general chit-chat...this is an all-purpose off-topic board where you can talk about anything that doesn't have its own dedicated section.

Wonder Woman aka that theme song.

Postby Jackal on Sun Jul 24, 2016 7:46 am

phpBB [video]

Gives me a Captain America type vibe, I liked Captain America so hope this doesn't suck.

Still would've preferred Alexandra Daddario as WW though.

Jackal

Re: Wonder Woman aka that theme song.

Postby Andrew on Sun Jul 24, 2016 10:21 am

Definitely has potential; looking better than a lot of the Batman v Superman trailers. Hope they can pull it off in a way a lot of the recent DC movies haven't.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Sauru on Sun Jul 24, 2016 11:01 am

i agree, Daddario would have been perfect as wonder woman. the trailer was ok but the movie is going to need a good villain for me to really enjoy it
Sauru

Postby Andrew on Sun Jul 24, 2016 11:10 am

Sauru wrote:the movie is going to need a good villain for me to really enjoy it

Ares or Hades, perhaps?
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Sauru on Sun Jul 24, 2016 11:15 am

i could get behind that. i have come to realize that all the best comic book movies have good villains. to me they are actually more important than the main hero
Sauru

Postby Andrew on Sun Jul 24, 2016 12:06 pm

Without a compelling antagonist, a protagonist doesn't have much to do. The hero's struggle and journey needs to be interesting, which means the obstacles and villains they face need to be captivating.

That said, you've got to write your heroes well, too. You shouldn't be left cheering for the bad guy, or wishing anyone else was there to save the day instead.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby benji on Sun Jul 24, 2016 2:54 pm

Geoff Johns is one of the writers on the story which probably means it uses the standard DC (and historical) canon for Olympus in which there are no villains, just schemers.

I'd assume Ares is involved considering the World War I setting. But at the same time, half the cast doesn't have named characters. And none of the characters named are villains or even Olympians in the comics.

And it's supposed to be an origin story.
benji

Postby Kevin on Sun Jul 24, 2016 3:41 pm

After seeing the trailer, I'd rather stick with Gal Gadot rather that Daddario. Gadot looks more badass than Daddario with the suit/costume.
Rest In Peace Kobe
Kevin
Fuck the Celtics

Postby [Q] on Mon Jul 25, 2016 3:15 pm

Andrew wrote:Definitely has potential; looking better than a lot of the Batman v Superman trailers. Hope they can pull it off in a way a lot of the recent DC movies haven't.

I agree it does look a bit better than your standard cookie-cutter superhero movie

Andrew wrote:Without a compelling antagonist, a protagonist doesn't have much to do. The hero's struggle and journey needs to be interesting, which means the obstacles and villains they face need to be captivating.

True, but then again the formulaic superhero movies are all basically the same so it's gotta be really different or interesting to pique my interest nowadays
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Mon Jul 25, 2016 6:07 pm

I suppose it's hard not to be somewhat formulaic given the tropes of the genre. You can change things up here and there, but that's risky as it's not going to make the purists happy, and if it's done poorly, no one's going to really enjoy it. If a superhero movie features iconic characters that are well-written, exciting action scenes, and a story that's well-paced with a few interesting or even surprising turns, it'll still be enjoyable despite the genre making it somewhat predictable.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby benji on Sun Nov 06, 2016 4:35 pm

phpBB [video]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Q8fG0TtVAY
benji

Postby benji on Sun Nov 06, 2016 4:43 pm

worth noting in relation to the above conversation, a known Wonder Woman villain still is not clearly listed in the cast

Speculation is that Danny Hudson's character (the "bad general guy" in this trailer) will be Ares obviously causing shit on Earth in relation to World War I, and the woman with the messed up lower face is Doctor Poison, who poisoned the US Army in the comics during World War II.
benji

Return to Off-Topic