DROSE goes to NewYork

Like real basketball, as well as basketball video games? Talk about the NBA, NCAA, and other professional and amateur basketball leagues here.

DROSE goes to NewYork

Postby CT4 on Thu Jun 23, 2016 6:16 am

WOW.OK it's not official until July 1 (correct me if wrong).I mean it was expected but yeahhh....MELO,ROSE,PORZINGIS.Playoffs?!?!?!?!?

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/16427 ... cago-bulls

The Knicks are trading center Robin Lopez, guard Jose Calderon and guard Jerian Grant to Chicago, which is shipping guard Justin Holiday, Rose and a 2017 second-round pick back to New York, sources said
Celtics and Kristaps Porzingis fan from Latvia.
Not much else to know really.
CT4

Re: DROSE goes to NewYork

Postby iamSamke on Thu Jun 23, 2016 6:22 am

WOW! Knicks will be really good next season, if D Rose stays healthy!
iamSamke

Postby air gordon on Thu Jun 23, 2016 6:42 am

Hell yeah. Never thought they could get something of value for Rose w/o giving up a 1st round pick or take on a bad salary

Lopez will be serviceable. Most likely better than overpaying a center in free agency. Calderon is blah but at least he knows to get everyone involved. I was hoping they picked Grant last year too

The Bulls aren't back but at least Paxson made a move to move on from the current core
Jump.
Scott Skiles answer to the question on how Eddy Curry can become a better rebounder
air gordon

Postby I Hate Mondays on Thu Jun 23, 2016 7:30 am

The core is gone for good. They should start rebuilding around butler already while he is still improving. In 4 years his value goes down
I Hate Mondays

Postby mp3 on Thu Jun 23, 2016 8:18 am

Why do the knicks keep doing this to the fans???
Youtube - mp3 Basketball Gaming
mp3

Postby Andrew on Thu Jun 23, 2016 8:45 am

As I said in the other thread, I'm fine with the trade. It's a solid move, giving the team closure with Rose and partying ways with him without taking on terrible contracts, giving up draft picks, or anything like that. I'm guessing Noah's on the way out as well, with Lopez coming in.

mp3 wrote:Why do the knicks keep doing this to the fans???

The upside is that he's an expiring contract. If he doesn't pan out in New York, he's gone in a year.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby mp3 on Thu Jun 23, 2016 8:49 am

Iam not on board with a years rental without getting a 1st round pick in return though.

And now the talk is that the knicks will target Dwight Howard too to add to the injury list.
mp3

Postby Andrew on Thu Jun 23, 2016 9:04 am

I can understand that. All the same, it's not quite as big a risk as some of the other moves they've made.

To his credit, Howard did play 71 games last season, and after starting out slow, he was playing in back-to-backs as well. Seems he's healthier than he has been in a couple of years.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby PeacemanNOT on Thu Jun 23, 2016 11:25 am

Derrick Rose's whole career is just sad..... let's hope it works out for him New York.
Donate if you'd like to:
Paypal - https://paypal.me/PeacemanNOT
PeacemanNOT
Useless Member
Contributor

Postby Andrew on Thu Jun 23, 2016 11:35 am

I wasn't too bad through 2011. Since Game 1, Round 1 of the 2012 Playoffs, it's been rather unfortunate.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Moz on Thu Jun 23, 2016 12:02 pm

air gordon wrote:Lopez will be serviceable. Most likely better than overpaying a center in free agency. Calderon is blah but at least he knows to get everyone involved. I was hoping they picked Grant last year too

The Bulls aren't back but at least Paxson made a move to move on from the current core

I wonder who did the Sixers offered them and they chose this deal over the potential of having a capspace to chase an elite FA. Lopez had a slow start last season but when he figured out the system he was a solid inside presence. I hope they will stick to their plan on drafting Wade Baldwin and deal Calderon later this off season or on the trade deadline. Gutted they included Holiday in the deal but they got Jerian Grant (they're really high on him in the draft last year)who is an outside shooting away from being serviceable. So we now know that Noah will not be back, is Taj next in line? Will they finally deal him to Toronto (Patrick Patterson)?
Nationwide is on your side...
Moz
What a load of bollocks...

Postby Sauru on Thu Jun 23, 2016 1:02 pm

Sauru

Postby air gordon on Thu Jun 23, 2016 1:07 pm

mp3 wrote:Iam not on board with a years rental without getting a 1st round pick in return though

at least Rose will be on his game since he's in a contract year. i do worry Rose and the NYK media. he thought it was bad in Chicago, wait until he gets to the Mecca of basketball and pulls the random rest days. Wish nothing but good things for him. Maybe a fresh new start can kickstart his career

im surprised the deal even went down. maybe the alleged sixers offer put the pressure on Phil to make the deal. I could see Paxson wetting his pants over it while Forman is still trying to squeeze more out of Phil

i'd still like them to draft Baldwin but i wonder with the acquisition of Grant, will the Bulls still draft PG? i do think TAJ is next. if not for patterson, ross?
Jump.
Scott Skiles answer to the question on how Eddy Curry can become a better rebounder
air gordon

Postby NovU on Thu Jun 23, 2016 1:17 pm

Any idea what Phil's doing here? I don't.
THX TO DOPE-JAO FOR THE SPECIAL SIG! <3
Enjoy! <3 Jao
NovU
Crap, what am I going to brag about now?

Postby Moz on Thu Jun 23, 2016 1:49 pm

air gordon wrote:i'd still like them to draft Baldwin but i wonder with the acquisition of Grant, will the Bulls still draft PG? i do think TAJ is next. if not for patterson, ross?

I reckon they will still since they sent Holiday to NY too unless, as you mentioned, they'll trade for Ross later.

NovU wrote:Any idea what Phil's doing here? I don't.

Getting rid of Lopez' contract for an expiring one?
Nationwide is on your side...
Moz
What a load of bollocks...

Postby NovU on Thu Jun 23, 2016 3:44 pm

mp3 wrote:Iam not on board with a years rental without getting a 1st round pick in return though.

And now the talk is that the knicks will target Dwight Howard too to add to the injury list.

Phil wants to be the next Isiah Thomas for the Knicks perhaps? I don't like Rose, he could be the next Bargnani for the Knicks. And I expect Melo and Rose to bicker over shots in the season to come. I wanna hear what the Knicks fans like you and jeffx think about this move.

Dwight will be a good addition imo, he's still a good player despite the negative publicity. The Knicks might have to overpay him though which could be bad.
THX TO DOPE-JAO FOR THE SPECIAL SIG! <3
Enjoy! <3 Jao
NovU
Crap, what am I going to brag about now?

Postby mp3 on Thu Jun 23, 2016 7:06 pm

Here's the thing tho if Rose doesn't get on in NY then he can walk next summer and we gave up Lopez and Grant for nothing (I don't care about Jose) then if we sign Howard to the max too and then him, Rose and even Melo miss major time through injury then we are no better and haven't learnt anything from trading for Antonio McDyees or signing Amare to a max deal with his injury history.
mp3

Postby Andrew on Thu Jun 23, 2016 7:36 pm

You do get a lot of cap space if Rose walks, so there is that.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Unabomber on Fri Jun 24, 2016 12:32 pm

Bulls have the worst front office in the NBA. They just traded away their former MVP. (Who was getting injured every year, but decided to trade him when he is finally recovering) Now they are shopping Butler, who is the future of the Bulls.
"Good, better, best. Never let it rest. Until your good is better and your better is best" - Tim Duncan
"Never say never, because limits, like fears, are often just an illusion" - Michael Jordan
https://www.flickr.com/photos/142757777@N03/
Unabomber

Postby Andrew on Fri Jun 24, 2016 6:16 pm

I read that they weren't shopping Butler, other teams were making a push for him, and they ultimately declined any and all offers. As for Rose, his MVP days are a distant memory at this point. It was time to move on, and they actually got a decent deal for him; far better than what they got for Deng, despite the fact Deng's trade value was higher.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby benji on Sat Jul 23, 2016 10:22 am

Q: Knicks fans always have high expectations, sometimes maybe not even grounded in reality over the years. Before last season, Melo came out on media day and talked about managing expectations with such a young team. But with this roster now and all these veterans, what should the expectations be for the Knicks?

ROSE: They're high. I mean, with these teams right now, they're saying us and Golden State are the super teams, and they're trying not to build that many super teams, and Adam Silver came out with the statement and this and that. And the expectations I think of us, we just want to win.
benji

Postby Andrew on Sat Jul 23, 2016 10:32 am

Bleacher Report video says the Knicks win that one by six.

Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Sauru on Sat Jul 23, 2016 5:16 pm

i have an immense hate for all things new york but if the knicks ended up winning the nba finals against the warriors this year it would be one of the best things that has ever happened.
Sauru

Postby ThePointForward on Sun Jul 24, 2016 1:24 am

Sauru: Enemy of my enemy?
ThePointForward
Formerly Dommy73

Postby Andrew on Sun Jul 24, 2016 10:13 am

The lesser of two evils.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator