Lack of ability to edit ratings and sliders frustrates me

Talk about NBA Live 16 here.

Lack of ability to edit ratings and sliders frustrates me

Postby atlwarrior on Sat Jun 04, 2016 10:53 am

I really feel like if we had the ability to edit nba player ratings and sliders in this game it would be playable for me. I've been around for a while and people know me for experimenting and trying to make the game play better using ratings and sliders with the previous Nba Lives on pc. I since have transitioned to 2k on the PS4 because EA has somewhat pushed me towards that direction. It sucks that we as fans no longer have that option.

We always make these wishlist to bring back that feature but it has not happened the past 3 years. What in the hell do we have to do to get them to listen? I'm convinced the only way to get them to do it is to make a whole bunch of post complaints about not having the option to edit ratings and sliders but that would be spamming and I respect people who have been running this forum for years like Andrew, PDub, and Jaosming who is now a 2k team member. We could put up with the clunky animations, a broken sim engine and even the broken game play because we were able to fix all of that through editing the game.

Now that they have taken away that ability, it is kind of like they are telling us we have to put up with the flaws whether we like them or not. I could put up with every other flaw EA has made us deal with over the years but when you take away my ability to customize rosters and sliders DAMN IT THAT'S JUST CROSSING THE LINE! I know it seems like I'm ranting but I have been holding this in for a while and wanted to get it off my chest.
atlwarrior

Re: Lack of ability to edit ratings and sliders frustrates me

Postby ThaLiveKing on Sat Jun 04, 2016 11:18 am

Check out these sliders

Slider Type: USER/CPU

Inside: 20/10

Med: 30/30

Three: 50/50

FT: 80/80

Lay up: 30/30

Post Move: 30/30

Dunk: 40/40

ALL FOULS: 100/100

Off Air Collision: 70/40

Off Ground Collision: 100/90

Steal: 10/80

Alley Oop: 40/40

Shots Off Dribble: 20/80

Shot Contest: 80/70

Shot Block: 90/90

Off Rebound: 10/0

Off-ball Push: 60/30

Off-ball Push Success: 60/30

Off-ball Jostle: 70/30

Jostle vs Blow-by: 30/30

Dribble Reaction: 70/30
ThaLiveKing

Postby atlwarrior on Sat Jun 04, 2016 1:22 pm

Thanks TLK these sliders do help the gameplay but they are not as in depth like the ones from Live 04 to Live 10. One thing I missed about the old Nba lives were you can slow the game speed down and make the gameplay look smoother. You cannot do that with these because it limits you on things you can tweak. And without the ability of editing ratings you cannot change how certain players play, how the animations look, etc.

If we were able to do those things, we could probably make this game near perfect.
atlwarrior

Postby ThaLiveKing on Sun Jun 05, 2016 1:02 am

atlwarrior wrote:Thanks TLK these sliders do help the gameplay but they are not as in depth like the ones from Live 04 to Live 10. One thing I missed about the old Nba lives were you can slow the game speed down and make the gameplay look smoother. You cannot do that with these because it limits you on things you can tweak. And without the ability of editing ratings you cannot change how certain players play, how the animations look, etc.

If we were able to do those things, we could probably make this game near perfect.

I'm one of those guys who would spend months messing with ratings and sliders, so I know what you're saying. Live 09 had the best sliders and ratings editing system. They actually took A LOT out for Live 10, which made me mad lol. In Live 09, they had ratings like ball hawking, small things like that can make a difference
ThaLiveKing

Postby Andrew on Sun Jun 05, 2016 10:56 am

I'm glad that sliders made their way back into the game in NBA Live 16, but I'd definitely like to see more of them; we should probably compile a list. I don't think you'll find many people who don't agree that moving forward, roster editing is also a must.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby atlwarrior on Sun Jun 05, 2016 4:37 pm

ThaLiveKing wrote:I'm one of those guys who would spend months messing with ratings and sliders, so I know what you're saying. Live 09 had the best sliders and ratings editing system. They actually took A LOT out for Live 10, which made me mad lol. In Live 09, they had ratings like ball hawking, small things like that can make a difference

I actually thought the amount of ratings in Nba live 10 were perfect. Nba live 09 had every rating there was but it was tedious going through all of those. There were over 80 attributes lol. It is the most customizable game I have ever played. Still it is better than what we have now

Andrew wrote:I'm glad that sliders made their way back into the game in NBA Live 16, but I'd definitely like to see more of them; we should probably compile a list. I don't think you'll find many people who don't agree that moving forward, roster editing is also a must.

Yes I will literally copy and paste every slider that was in nba live 06 thru nba live 10. They need all of them. Roster editing just allow us to edit the ratings we see on each player and customize the Synergy as well. Bring hotspots, signature dunk packs, jumpshots,fadeaways back and make them all editable.
atlwarrior

Postby Andrew on Sun Jun 05, 2016 8:13 pm

By roster editing, I meant comprehensive roster editing. Custom rosters (ie transactions), and the ability to edit ratings, attributes, animation assignments, etc.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby atlwarrior on Mon Jun 06, 2016 4:46 pm

I want those things as well. Perhaps, if they don't put the feature in NBA Live 17, I'm hoping someone here comes up with a roster editing tool similar to Reditor for Nba 2k but I do not see that happening because people are just not that interested in this game but I bet it would be it would be a lot easier to use a tool like that on NBA Live.
atlwarrior

Postby Andrew on Mon Jun 06, 2016 5:42 pm

We'd also need a PC release, first.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby ThaLiveKing on Tue Jun 07, 2016 2:03 am

atlwarrior wrote:
ThaLiveKing wrote:I'm one of those guys who would spend months messing with ratings and sliders, so I know what you're saying. Live 09 had the best sliders and ratings editing system. They actually took A LOT out for Live 10, which made me mad lol. In Live 09, they had ratings like ball hawking, small things like that can make a difference

I actually thought the amount of ratings in Nba live 10 were perfect. Nba live 09 had every rating there was but it was tedious going through all of those. There were over 80 attributes lol. It is the most customizable game I have ever played. Still it is better than what we have now

Andrew wrote:I'm glad that sliders made their way back into the game in NBA Live 16, but I'd definitely like to see more of them; we should probably compile a list. I don't think you'll find many people who don't agree that moving forward, roster editing is also a must.

Yes I will literally copy and paste every slider that was in nba live 06 thru nba live 10. They need all of them. Roster editing just allow us to edit the ratings we see on each player and customize the Synergy as well. Bring hotspots, signature dunk packs, jumpshots,fadeaways back and make them all editable.

Nothing wrong with that, especially when you could edit each rating on a global level!!
ThaLiveKing

Postby Andrew on Tue Jun 07, 2016 10:26 am

Ah yes, a global edit function would be most handy.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby atlwarrior on Tue Jun 07, 2016 1:11 pm

Would you rather have the ability to do global edits or just have attribute and tendency sliders similar to 2k? I think it's pretty much the same except you don't have to touch the ratings. This would make it easier for people who want to fix the game play without making drastic changes to EA's rating formula. Then people could just edit players using the traditional formula instead of trying to make up their own. Does that make sense?
atlwarrior

Postby Andrew on Tue Jun 07, 2016 5:18 pm

I'm not sure what you mean there. Moving forward, the game should have the ability to edit players individually, make global ratings adjustments (for whatever reason you may require them), and on top of that, have gameplay sliders.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby atlwarrior on Tue Jun 07, 2016 9:29 pm

Andrew wrote:I'm not sure what you mean there. Moving forward, the game should have the ability to edit players individually, make global ratings adjustments (for whatever reason you may require them), and on top of that, have gameplay sliders.

These are attribute sliders from 2k and they function the exact same way as global edits. They also have Tendency Sliders unlike Nba Live. Basically 2k went the other route. Instead of giving us comprehensive roster editing, they gave us comprehensive slider editing which is better in my opinion. I still want roster editing with the ability to edit players. I just don't want it to be 80 different categories of ratings because I'd rather for the sliders to be that way because it will make it easier for roster editors like myself who like to like to edit players based off real life data.

Attributes

Acceleration – 76/59
Vertical – 45/45
Strength – 50/50
Stamina – 50/50
Speed – 60/48
Durability - 50/50
Hustle – 75/65
Ball Handling – 55/55
Hands – 45/45
Dunking Ability -50/50
On-Ball Defense – 25/35
Stealing – 50/50
Blocking – 60/60
Offensive Awareness - 75/50
Defensive Awareness – 100/50
Offensive Rebounding - 60/50
Defensive Rebounding – 40/15
Offensive Consistency - 50/50
Defensive Consistency - 55/55
Fatigue Rate – 50/50
Lateral Quickness - 60/40

Tendencies

Take Inside Shots - 50/50
Take Close Shots – 50/50
Take Mid-range Shots – 50/65
Take 3PT Shots – 50/100
Post Shots – 50/100
Attack The Basket -50/65
Look For Post Players – 50/100
Throw Alley-Oops - 60/60
Attempt Dunks – 50/50
Attempt Putbacks – 50/50
Play Passing Lanes – 65/35
Go For On-Ball Steals – 100/100
Contest Shots - 100/100
Backdoor Cuts – 25/0
atlwarrior

Postby Andrew on Tue Jun 07, 2016 11:54 pm

I don't think there'd be that many ratings in NBA Live 17. Based on the last few games, there'll likely be the "subjective" ratings, like dunking, speed, and so on, and then there's the ones controlled by Synergy, based on real data.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby ThaLiveKing on Thu Jun 09, 2016 1:32 am

atlwarrior wrote:
Andrew wrote:I'm not sure what you mean there. Moving forward, the game should have the ability to edit players individually, make global ratings adjustments (for whatever reason you may require them), and on top of that, have gameplay sliders.

These are attribute sliders from 2k and they function the exact same way as global edits. They also have Tendency Sliders unlike Nba Live. Basically 2k went the other route. Instead of giving us comprehensive roster editing, they gave us comprehensive slider editing which is better in my opinion. I still want roster editing with the ability to edit players. I just don't want it to be 80 different categories of ratings because I'd rather for the sliders to be that way because it will make it easier for roster editors like myself who like to like to edit players based off real life data.

Attributes

Acceleration – 76/59
Vertical – 45/45
Strength – 50/50
Stamina – 50/50
Speed – 60/48
Durability - 50/50
Hustle – 75/65
Ball Handling – 55/55
Hands – 45/45
Dunking Ability -50/50
On-Ball Defense – 25/35
Stealing – 50/50
Blocking – 60/60
Offensive Awareness - 75/50
Defensive Awareness – 100/50
Offensive Rebounding - 60/50
Defensive Rebounding – 40/15
Offensive Consistency - 50/50
Defensive Consistency - 55/55
Fatigue Rate – 50/50
Lateral Quickness - 60/40

Tendencies

Take Inside Shots - 50/50
Take Close Shots – 50/50
Take Mid-range Shots – 50/65
Take 3PT Shots – 50/100
Post Shots – 50/100
Attack The Basket -50/65
Look For Post Players – 50/100
Throw Alley-Oops - 60/60
Attempt Dunks – 50/50
Attempt Putbacks – 50/50
Play Passing Lanes – 65/35
Go For On-Ball Steals – 100/100
Contest Shots - 100/100
Backdoor Cuts – 25/0

If they gave us the ability to edit those attributes, you probably wouldn't even need to adjust Tendencies. To me, Tendencies in a video game is over rated, it should be more about the play calling and where your player should be on the floor when the play is called. Even with Synergy, the CPU looks clueless out there with the play calling, and they usually run the same plays over and over again (usually the quick play sets)
ThaLiveKing

Postby atlwarrior on Wed Jun 22, 2016 9:26 am

Those aren't tendencies those are sliders for the attributes and tendencies. lol
atlwarrior

Postby Andrew on Wed Jun 22, 2016 11:36 am

Bottom line, comprehensive roster editing and game customisation tools are a must, and something I think we all really want to see.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Return to NBA Live 16