NLSC Podcast: Questions & Topic Suggestions

Talk about the NLSC Podcast, Monday Tip-Off, Wayback Wednesday, The Friday Five, Top 10 Plays of the Week, and our Parsec Tournaments! This is also a section for NLSC and community announcements, and other site-related topics.

Re: NLSC Podcast: Questions & Topic Suggestions

Postby Andrew on Wed Apr 06, 2016 8:52 am

Last call for Episode #153!
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Andrew on Wed Apr 13, 2016 10:27 am

Last call for Episode #154!

In particular, we're after some topics related to basketball gaming this week, as it's that time of the year when things are a little slow on that front, so we'd like to find some fun things to talk about. If it's a Wishlist-related/speculative topic though, please check to make sure that we haven't already discussed it in a recent episode, as we'd like to avoid repeating ourselves as much as possible!
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Andrew on Wed Apr 27, 2016 12:29 pm

Forgot to mention it here last week, but at any rate...Last call for Episode #156!
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Andrew on Wed May 04, 2016 10:43 am

Last call for Episode #157!
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Andrew on Wed May 18, 2016 10:01 am

Last call for Episode #159! With last week being a pretty full show, what with our discussion of the NBA Live 17 announcement, I didn't put out a call for submissions (though they are always welcome). Definitely room for a couple more topics this week, so if you do have any suggestions, please post them ASAP!
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby zzcoolj21 on Wed May 18, 2016 1:10 pm

Could the Live/2k16 Warriors beat the Live '96 Bulls?

Edit: 7 game series. first 2 games in live 96, next 2 in live/2k, switch on and off after.
zzcoolj21
20% on Good release machine, The NLSC's Jr Smith

Postby Andrew on Wed May 18, 2016 1:17 pm

There's...I don't know how we could even compare that. :lol:
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Dee4Three on Fri May 20, 2016 6:34 am

FIrst off, I love your podcast. Great job.

Second, here are the topics:

What are your feelings on some of the old features from Classic Basketball games that were taken out of the new basketball games, namely these 3:

1. Player stats being shown at the free throw line (not currently in NBA 2k16, in NBA Live 16 I believe)
2. Pre game intro featuring the announcers (think NBA 2k9, where they would show the players warming up/key matchup/and Kevin Harlan and Clark Kellogg with Microphones)
3. Stat pop ups with players real faces (portraits) (Think NBA Live 06)

If you had to bring one of these 3 back, which one would it be?

Choose between 1 of these 3 games to have a remake made (Keeping it just that season and presentation when the game was made, just updated graphics)

1. NBA Fastbreak 98
2. NBA in the zone 2
3. ESPN NBA 2k5

Also, Do you think that the foot planting is a bit exaggerated in NBA 2k16? Do you see a problem with all the body steals and blocks that occur?

Thanks for considering to talk about these topics!
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Check out my YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvHJXrqit8Dc6HBY5P6EmAA

Follow me on Twitter

https://twitter.com/Dee4Three84
Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Fri May 20, 2016 9:09 am

Thanks for the kind words, glad you enjoy the show! I'll definitely add those to the list of topics for upcoming shows.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Culture Games on Fri May 27, 2016 8:07 am

i'll just say, love the podcast, but less "real life NBA" talk, and more video game discussion.
Culture Games
ABL Commish

Postby Dee4Three on Fri May 27, 2016 10:43 am

Man, just listened to the podcast. You guys make me feel old. All three hadn't played NBA Fastbreak 98 or In the Zone 2, one hadn't played ESPN NBA 2k5, and the other two barely played it. I'm only 31... I've been played NBA basketball games since 1990. Ha..

By footplanting, I meant more how long it takes to get out of an animation. Sorry I didn't specify, for example. You can be using a defender (not in the case where he is stuck to an offensive player, I agree though that the magnetic thing is a problem), anyway... you can be using a defender, and the offensive player goes to drive to the basic, the footplanting "reaction" is so slow, that you have no chance to get to that player, even though in real life the defensive player would have more than enough time to react.

Anyway, great podcast. I will listen in again next week.
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby Kevin on Fri May 27, 2016 11:02 am

WithAuthority, more real life NBA than video game!

Andrew, you can always insert more segments in the real life NBA discussion. Like how about an "up/down report" just like in the starters?
Rest In Peace Kobe
Kevin
Fuck the Celtics

Postby Andrew on Fri May 27, 2016 11:27 am

WithAuthority wrote:i'll just say, love the podcast, but less "real life NBA" talk, and more video game discussion.

Thanks! At certain points of the year, it's tough to say much about the video games that hasn't been said already, especially as we're waiting for more news. As it stands, we had about an hour of video game talk this week, and about half an hour of NBA talk, because it is kind of an important time of the year as far as the real NBA is concerned. But if you've ever got any game-related topic suggestions, definitely let us know!

Dee4Three wrote:Man, just listened to the podcast. You guys make me feel old. All three hadn't played NBA Fastbreak 98 or In the Zone 2, one hadn't played ESPN NBA 2k5, and the other two barely played it. I'm only 31... I've been played NBA basketball games since 1990. Ha..

I'm 31 as well, but back in the day, NBA Live was my game. Ben and Kenny are around the same age as well, but like me, they mostly played Live.

Dee4Three wrote:By footplanting, I meant more how long it takes to get out of an animation. Sorry I didn't specify, for example. You can be using a defender (not in the case where he is stuck to an offensive player, I agree though that the magnetic thing is a problem), anyway... you can be using a defender, and the offensive player goes to drive to the basic, the footplanting "reaction" is so slow, that you have no chance to get to that player, even though in real life the defensive player would have more than enough time to react.

Appreciate the clarification. I'd still say I like NBA 2K16 better than NBA 2K15 in that regard, the smoothness and responsiveness.

Glad you enjoyed the show!

Kevin wrote:WithAuthority, more real life NBA than video game!

Andrew, you can always insert more segments in the real life NBA discussion. Like how about an "up/down report" just like in the starters?

Absolutely. Of course, with the offseason looming, NBA topics can be tough to come by as well. Fortunately, there's the video game preview season.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Andrew on Thu Jun 02, 2016 11:03 am

Last call for Episode #161!
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Andrew on Tue Jun 07, 2016 11:47 pm

Last call for Episode #162! We're recording a day earlier this week, so please get any suggestions in ASAP!
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby ThePointForward on Wed Jun 08, 2016 10:32 pm

Out of interest, do you have some preliminary date scheduled for podcast with Leftos and JaoSming like the last year? Got some questions about 2K16 for people involved in making it.
ThePointForward
Formerly Dommy73

Postby Andrew on Thu Jun 09, 2016 12:17 am

Probably not until closer to release.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Dee4Three on Tue Jun 14, 2016 6:50 am

Questions for the next Podcast:

If any new classic teams are considered for NBA 2k17, which would you like to see?

Throwing out some suggestions: 08-09 Lakers (NBA Title), 00-01 Kings (If Webber came on board), 92-93 Suns (If Barkley came on board), 94-95 Spurs (David Robinsons MVP season, they also had Rodman), 05-06 Nets (Kidd, Jefferson, Carter), 10-11 Mavericks (Championship). 07-08 Denver Nuggets (Carmelo, Iverson, Camby)

Also, we already have classic team jerseys (and alternate jerseys), what are your thoughts about making Classic Courts also an option? So, say I am using a current team, having 3-4 choices for classic courts to go along with jerseys.

Thanks!

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Tue Jun 14, 2016 9:21 am

Thanks for the suggestions, I'll add them to the docket!
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Andrew on Wed Jun 15, 2016 8:45 am

Last call for Episode #163! Assuming I get my connection issues sorted, we'll be recording at the usual time.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby TGsoGood on Tue Jun 21, 2016 12:30 am

For episode 164:

Anderson Verajao could get a ring even though warriors lost.

link:
http://www.fearthesword.com/2016/5/31/1 ... -the-title
Follow me on PATREON https://www.patreon.com/TGsoGood
Consider donating: http://cash.me/$TheJohnsonFamily or http://paypal.me/4TheGoods
Follow me on twitter @TGsoGood
Check me out on youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPydhZ ... PeRSmEVynQ

NBA 2K21 TGsoGood Mods and releases - viewtopic.php?f=267&t=110608
NBA 2K17 TGsoGood Mods and releases - viewtopic.php?f=225&t=102251#p1860681
NBA 2K14 TGsoGood Mods and releases - viewtopic.php?f=153&t=96056
TGsoGood
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Andrew on Tue Jun 21, 2016 9:05 am

We touched on that in a previous episode, I think. We'll probably bring it up again in the NBA Finals segment, though.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Culture Games on Wed Jun 22, 2016 1:23 am

You used to discuss UBR on the Podcast-----why no discussion of URB? There's been some amazing things going on over in that thread for that mod for months now. If you like retro basketball., its the only thing going at the moment.
Culture Games
ABL Commish

Postby Andrew on Wed Jun 22, 2016 9:45 am

None of us on the Podcast are playing NBA 2K13 or NBA 2K14, and haven't used the mod. NBA 2K13 and NBA 2K14 aren't exactly retro either, but the main point is, we're not playing the games or using the mod, so we don't have anything to say about it, except "check it out if you're still playing those games". Not really enough for a segment.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Culture Games on Wed Jun 22, 2016 12:55 pm

Andrew wrote:None of us on the Podcast are playing NBA 2K13 or NBA 2K14, and haven't used the mod. NBA 2K13 and NBA 2K14 aren't exactly retro either, but the main point is, we're not playing the games or using the mod, so we don't have anything to say about it, except "check it out if you're still playing those games". Not really enough for a segment.

Well maybe you need to get someone on who actually is playing them and more in touch with that part of the community, :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: which by the way is still the most popular section of NLSC even three years later. This is a modding community you know, I'd like to see the podcast be just a bit more about NLSC, than just about Next Gen NBA 2K and the NBA, which is what it has been like for the past year since Leftos, Jao, and Vlad left NLSC, and Next Gen 2K became nearly unmoddable. Completely coincidentally. :D
Culture Games
ABL Commish

PreviousNext

Return to Featured Content & Community Noticeboard