Shady Mike's NBA 2K16 Superstar MyLeague Sliders VERSION 5 (FINAL EDITION)

Talk about NBA 2K16 here.

Re: Shady Mike's NBA 2K16 Superstar MyLeague Sliders VERSION 3 (GSW FIX)

Postby ShadyMikeGaming on Sat Mar 12, 2016 9:19 pm

Rosque wrote:You gonna update sliders after latest shot update that happened yesterday?

I am going to update the sliders, not for that update though as it doesn't really effect real shooting %

I hate Mondays wrote:How is that update going, mr Shady ?

It's going well but it's still a long ways off. Release date is 3/20.

What I need to know from you guys is what do we need to see from the CPU in terms of shot selection to take this set to the next level? What type of shots are the CPU taking against you? And what do you want to see? More 3's? More postups? More drives? More ball movement? What are you looking for? Because IMO Im still not seeing enough 3's...but when I bump the 3's the CPU completely abandons the post so idk anymore. Let me know.
ShadyMikeGaming

Postby Rosque on Sun Mar 13, 2016 3:33 am

I did make few changes following new shooting update since I play with Player Timing. I bumped the difficulty to HOF because, frankly, Superstar is too easy for me and HOF is just about right. I also put my 3pt shooting to 49 since I shot 6 and 13% with same shots on SS that I did on HOF and I didn't like it. It's better like this (55,32,36,47 in games I played).

I'd like to see more ball movement. I want to be punished for over-rotating and for hedging everything which I am being punished by only two or three teams.
Rosque

Postby tomortlieb on Fri Mar 18, 2016 7:42 pm

In regard to the update -

I love how the game plays, as I feel that there is plenty of variation from team to team. I am finding two issues: 1.) My shooting % is way too high. I played a 29 game season and shot 50% for the year with the 76ers (I definitely do not just cheese the entire time). I dropped the shooting sliders considerably and now shoot in the 43-45% range consistently. 2.) The CPU shooting % is much too low, as they consistently shoot between 35 to 40%. It is rare for them to be in the low 40%. Again, in my second season, I upped their numbers considerably, but now they shoot between 40-42%. The high number of shots missed leads to a ton of rebounds (I average abut 55 per game). This, though, seems to have always been a problem in previous versions as well.

Otherwise, keep up the great work, as I really do love these sliders!
tomortlieb

Postby wassupbruhbruh on Mon Mar 21, 2016 9:33 am

Its the 20th. Whats the deal?
wassupbruhbruh

Postby Rosque on Tue Mar 22, 2016 4:35 am

wassupbruhbruh wrote:Its the 20th. Whats the deal?

He has life outside NBA 2K and NLSC. Give him a break, he's doing this for free.
Rosque

Postby wassupbruhbruh on Tue Mar 22, 2016 6:03 am

Rosque wrote:

He has life outside NBA 2K and NLSC. Give him a break, he's doing this for free.

You think I don't know that you ole captain obvious? I'm not rushing shady he can take all the time he wants. I'm just a fan of Shady's work. I was just looking to see if it was update today, like most people do in this thread anticipating greatness. So don't come at me like that. I know what type of dude you are. You have a nice day and stay positive and lets enjoy the awesome sliders when they officially come out. :wink:
wassupbruhbruh

Postby Rosque on Tue Mar 22, 2016 7:40 am

wassupbruhbruh wrote:
Rosque wrote:

You think I don't know that you ole captain obvious? I'm not rushing shady he can take all the time he wants. I'm just a fan of Shady's work. I was just looking to see if it was update today, like most people do in this thread anticipating greatness. So don't come at me like that. I know what type of dude you are. You have a nice day and stay positive and lets enjoy the awesome sliders when they officially come out. :wink:

Your first post on these forums was being passive-aggresive and asking Shady what's the deal, why he's late with his sliders...I don't think you know that. I am positive(like Magic). Also, what type of dude am I? And how do you know I'm a dude and not a gal?
Rosque

Postby wassupbruhbruh on Tue Mar 22, 2016 8:11 am

Rosque wrote:
wassupbruhbruh wrote:
Rosque wrote:

Your first post on these forums was being passive-aggresive and asking Shady what's the deal, why he's late with his sliders...I don't think you know that. I am positive(like Magic). Also, what type of dude am I? And how do you know I'm a dude and not a gal?

I wasn't passive agressive at all. I feel like you took what I wrote out of context and you just made a assumption. PLUS I NEVER ASKED WHY HE"S LATE WITH SLIDERS. When i said 'whats the deal" i meant like whats the progress. Barely found out shady got banned from operation sports not to long ago. So just signed up here. Didn't come here to bicker back and forth with anybody. But if its really a issue with you. MY BAD. Didn't mean to come off that way. I was truly genuine with my statement. I'm over it though. No big deal. We aren't perfect. Plus I couldn't imagine a female signing up to a video game forum haha but i can be wrong.
wassupbruhbruh

Postby nevermind12131 on Thu Mar 24, 2016 11:12 am

I want to see more dunks with this slider...

i play my career 90% of the time both the CPU and My teammates dont usually dunk even if its an open lane or on a fast break..

Im talking players like Derrick Williams and Melo ( i play for the knicks) and even the CPU on transition prefer layups over dunk, also big mans in the paint.. i rarely see contact dunks and alley-oops on both my team and CPU...

if we can bump that up just a little then this slider is close to perfection.. OTHER THAN THAT everything is fine with me...

Help defense, 3 point shots, drive in the lane and post ups.
nevermind12131

Postby Vicerex on Sat Mar 26, 2016 9:40 pm

Sorry I haven't given any opinions in a while, for the most part I've been having good games with the current set. I've had to tweak my shooting sliders down 1-2 points each, and contact shot success I dropped about 4 points. I was about 60 games into a season and was shooting 51% prior to the changes, and I shoot a lot of jumpers and contested layups so obviously I shouldn't be shooting 51%. Since dropping the shooting sliders I've been more around 44% which I'm happy with. I think the contact success was the biggest factor to lowering my %, I no longer seem to make many shots against strong D which I'm fine with because I'm good at moving the ball to the open man if I need to.

I also lowered the offensive rebounds a bit, I have Porzingis & Alex Len and I was averaging something crazy like 12 ORPG at one point. I realize they're 7'3 & 7'1 and both good rebounders but that's a ridiculous ORPG number. They're also both averaging really high blocks per game, Zinger is at 2.9 and Len at 2.1. I lowered blocks quite a bit but they still have no problem blocking a lot of shots so whatever.

I had to raise shooting fouls to 99 because my team never fouls, in 60 games I never once had anyone foul out and we averaged only 8 fouls a game as a team. It may be because I almost never go for on ball steals and I just play strong D, I'm sure if I went for more steals I'd foul more. But since raising shooting fouls to 99 it's been a lot better, I'm averaging realistic fouls per game, I've had a couple foul outs, and the AI can actually keep up with me in points because they get a lot of free throws (previously I was crushing AI, was on a 23 game winning streak at one point).

Lastly I lowered passing & hands just a bit because I was leading the league with only like 5 turnovers a game. Sure I have really good ball movement so a lot of that is on me, but still that's unrealistic. So now I'm back to the occasional pass that randomly flies out of bounds and nowhere near a player, but it's helped keep my turnovers realistic. So it looks ugly but statistically it makes me happier.

I'm definitely looking forward to the new slider set, I hope it addresses some of my above mentioned issues.
Vicerex

Postby I Hate Mondays on Tue Mar 29, 2016 5:13 am

Mr Shady, I want those sliders for the playoffs please :(

I would also love some new videos of you talking some bball. I am subscriber to your channel, really like your point of view and your topics
I Hate Mondays

Postby ShadyMikeGaming on Wed Apr 27, 2016 3:19 pm

Truth be told guys I'm sorry. I ran into some real life issues and I was living in a different location than my PC. You guys know if it were up to me I'd be right here posting sliders up every day, but for the record the updated set will be out tomorrow. I'm just putting my final polish on it. Hopefully this addresses most of you guys's issues.

-Shady
ShadyMikeGaming

Postby I Hate Mondays on Wed Apr 27, 2016 5:39 pm

ShadyMikeGaming wrote:Truth be told guys I'm sorry. I ran into some real life issues and I was living in a different location than my PC. You guys know if it were up to me I'd be right here posting sliders up every day, but for the record the updated set will be out tomorrow. I'm just putting my final polish on it. Hopefully this addresses most of you guys's issues.

-Shady

Can't wait for those sliders. Glad you're back
I Hate Mondays

Postby ShadyMikeGaming on Wed Apr 27, 2016 7:42 pm

I hate Mondays wrote:
ShadyMikeGaming wrote:Truth be told guys I'm sorry. I ran into some real life issues and I was living in a different location than my PC. You guys know if it were up to me I'd be right here posting sliders up every day, but for the record the updated set will be out tomorrow. I'm just putting my final polish on it. Hopefully this addresses most of you guys's issues.

-Shady

Can't wait for those sliders. Glad you're back

Got your PM, thanks for checking in man appreciate it.
ShadyMikeGaming

Postby ShadyMikeGaming on Wed Apr 27, 2016 8:01 pm

phpBB [video]

Sliders are in the description of the video, double check EVERY number as there are a lot of changes! I will update the OP and post a detailed Changelog of every number changed later today!
ShadyMikeGaming

Postby Andrew on Wed Apr 27, 2016 8:14 pm

As always, appreciate your efforts!
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby dreamagain on Thu Apr 28, 2016 6:15 pm

Gotta say thought you were done for the season until 2k17 but glad to see you updated them! I'll try em out tomorrow, I'm sure they will be great like always.
dreamagain

Postby ShadyMikeGaming on Fri Apr 29, 2016 5:56 am

dreamagain wrote:Gotta say thought you were done for the season until 2k17 but glad to see you updated them! I'll try em out tomorrow, I'm sure they will be great like always.

Not done just yet! Next update will most likely be the last for the year depending on what you guys think of CPU offense! Im typing out the changes now.
ShadyMikeGaming

Re: Shady Mike's NBA 2K16 Superstar MyLeague Sliders VERSION 4 (CPU OFFENSE BOOST)

Postby ShadyMikeGaming on Fri Apr 29, 2016 7:10 am

First page is updated, for the record CPU offense is much more potent now and their 3 point shooting may be ever so slightly overpowered so if you feel like it is you can use the number I have in the parentheses for their shooting! Also, toned down user FG% just a tad. Updated the speed settings (Game feels really smooth now) and slightly tweaked the tendencies! Let me know what you guys are thinking with this version.
ShadyMikeGaming

Re: Shady Mike's NBA 2K16 Superstar MyLeague Sliders VERSION 4 (CPU OFFENSE BOOST)

Postby Vicerex on Sat Apr 30, 2016 5:30 am

I've tried these for a few games, here's my thoughts:

• My offense: I still had to turn down my shooting sliders a bit, I was shooting over 50% every game with ease. I'm not sure how much chemistry affects player performance but mine is 94% and I'm starting to think this is why my shooting percentages are so high.

• CPU offense: Honestly they don't seem any more potent than before, they do shoot a lot more mid range jumpers though which I'm fine with.

• My defense: I have no problem stopping any teams offense, in fact it's even easier with the speed and lateral upgrades, they simply can't run by me. First game with these sliders I had 9 blocks and 6 steals. I kept them to 40-42% shooting most of the game while out rebounding them by almost 15.

• CPU defense: It does seem like they are stopping me a bit more, especially on drives due to lowering the contested shots slider, however I shoot a lot of jumpers and am very good at getting players open for an uncontested shot.

• The speed/agility settings: For the most part I like these, I do feel like it's more fluid and realistic. It's much easier to shake defenders now off the dribble due to a quick first step, it's also easier to stay in front of your opponent on defense. However, this has made both offense and defense easier which for me isn't the best thing since I already have no problems winning every game.

I feel like at this point in the game, with around 800 hours played, I've gotten too good. I know how to exploit the defense and score at will. The only way I lose is by purposely trying to lose. I think it may come down to the chemistry effect, I've played a full 82 game (12 min qtr) season and am currently in the playoffs. My chemistry as I said is very high at 94%. Due to this it feels like my players are overpowered on both offense and defense. My starting lineup is Goran Dragic, Evan Fournier, Marvin Williams, Kristaps Porzingis and Alex Len.....these guys are decent but they should not be the unstoppable force they've become over the long haul of the season. This team was atrocious at the beginning of the season, I started off like 8-20. Then as the wins started rolling in and the chemistry started rising the games kept getting easier and easier to win, to the point I ended the regular season with a 24 game win streak and I've swept my first round opponent in the playoffs.

Has anyone else noticed the chemistry effect on your players? Does it get so high that it raises their stats to unrealistic levels?

I just don't know what to do anymore to make the games fun, if I play Hall of Fame I get absolutely wrecked, but if I play Superstar with these sliders it's too easy. I need a happy medium. I apologize if this was a bit of a rant, I just miss having competitive games where I actually had to try. I need to try these sliders in a quick game where chemistry isn't even a factor, and see how I do. I'll reply once I've tried a few regular games with this slider set.
Vicerex

Postby I Hate Mondays on Sat Apr 30, 2016 4:37 pm

The chemistry it's a big factor man. Haven't played 2k16 myleague or mygm mode a lot, but in 2k15 100℅ chemistry could make an 80 overall rated team play like a 95 ovr. The morale of the players do the same thing. If you are on a big winning streak the game will feel easier.
Try playing a quick match outside your season, just an exhibition. Take two teams that are ranked almost the same and see if you get the same effect. I'm waiting for your response
I Hate Mondays

Postby Nervous on Sat Apr 30, 2016 5:42 pm

Sliders VERSION 4 (CPU OFFENSE BOOST)
Game 1
Clippers(cpu)vs.Blazers(User)
Game speed - 48
Game 2
Raptors(User)vs.Pacers(cpu)
Game speed - 45
Easy win
I did not find significant differences from sliders version 3....
Last edited by Nervous on Mon May 02, 2016 4:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nervous

Postby Uncle Drew on Sun May 01, 2016 2:48 am

Are these sliders available in the game online?
Uncle Drew

Postby Vicerex on Sun May 01, 2016 8:36 am

So I tried these sliders in a regular game where chemistry isn't a factor. As you will see it was not a good game for the AI. I was the Cavs, I thought going against the Spurs would be challenging both offensively and defensively for me but I was wrong, this was one of the easiest games I've ever played.

This was after halftime, I was leading by 21 already and held the Spurs to 33% on Field Goals and 0% from Three. My percentages however were very high (except the horrible Free Throw %). Rebounds were fairly equal but I had a lot of blocks already with 5.

I almost quit there because the game was not even fun, but I hoped they'd go on a run and challenge me if I played it out; again I was wrong.

They did raise their percentages ever so slightly throughout the rest of the game, but they were still atrocious. I also slightly raised my own in the process. Now I'm leading by a decent margin in rebounds especially offensive. I also ended up with 9 blocks. I blew them out by 35...

Here are the stats from my top 6 players after the end of the game:
LeBron & Kyrie are expected to do well, so no shocker from their stats. Tristan Thompson however...19 points and 21 rebounds, 11 of those were offensive rebounds, that is simply absurd. Keep in mind I did not control Tristan hardly any during the game, this was my own team AI pulling off these rebounds and blocks (I primarily played Kyrie on defense).
Another thing that caught my eye was Channing Frye with almost a double-double, 2 steals & 3 blocks in only 17 minutes of play. As we all know Frye is mediocre at best in real life and in game, so these stats in such short time are ridiculous.
Vicerex

Postby Sleeper12 on Sun May 01, 2016 5:10 pm

I know game speeds differ from Pc and Console so for Ps4 users what game speed are you using? 48 or 45

Thanks
Sleeper12

PreviousNext

Return to NBA 2K16