Prince, Pickup Basketball Legend Dies Age 57

Other video games, TV shows, movies, general chit-chat...this is an all-purpose off-topic board where you can talk about anything that doesn't have its own dedicated section.

Prince, Pickup Basketball Legend Dies Age 57

Postby shadowgrin on Fri Apr 22, 2016 5:09 am

Good night, sweet Prince.

phpBB [video]

http://www.wnyc.org/story/274287-toure-i-would-die-4-u/
Once, I was dribbling the ball at the top of the key when I saw he was in good position under the basket. I flicked a quick, no-look pass his way. The ball zipped past both defenders but then I realized he didn’t know it was coming. I started to yell out to him, the man I had known, sort of, for over fifteen years. I called out, “Prince!” But this was during the Symbol period, when his name was unpronounceable and you weren’t supposed to call him Prince. Titanic faux pas! Would he storm out and banish me from Paisley Park? I had this thought process as the word “Prince” was coming out of my mouth so really what I said was, “Pri . . . !” like the first syllable, then caught myself and slapped my hands over my dirty mouth as if to keep that sound and any other from getting out. The ball sailed past him and out of bounds. He jogged off to retrieve it and as he walked back he had a badass smirk on his face. I looked at him, like, “What?” I had no idea what would happen next. Then the man laughed as he said, “He didn’t know what to call me.” He loved the confusion, loved that I didn’t know how to connect with him, that I was off balance and couldn’t even call him by a name much less really know him.

http://wineandbowties.com/culture/prince-the-hooper/
We start playing; let me make this perfectly clear; Prince can hoop. What the guy might lack in height he makes up for in quickness and he has a nice jumper. Clearly, the guy’s got game. Davie is guarding him and Prince is schooling him. After awhile, the other guys on the team start talking smack and giving the big guy all kinds of grief about it. Prince is killing Davie and you can see he’s getting more and more frustrated. His nostrils were flaring; he’s stomping around clearly pissed-off. The wisecracks continue until Davie can’t take it any longer. Towards the end of the game Prince goes up to shoot another jump-shot and Davie charges. He hurls his 6 feet and 215 pounds of raging bull into the air to block it. He hammers Prince and the basketball goes flying into the far wall as Prince falls into the bleachers and Davie hollers at the top of his voice “Get that shit out of here!”
This topic was moved from NBA & Basketball by Andrew on Fri Apr 22, 2016 11:23 am.
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
JaoSming2KTV wrote:its fun on a bun
shadowgrin
Doesn't negotiate with terrorists. NLSC's Jefferson Davis. The Questioneer

Re: Prince, Pickup Basketball Legend Dies Age 57

Postby NovU on Fri Apr 22, 2016 6:36 am

So young. RIP. Though he wasn't an artist I ever liked, I didn't know he was a pretty good baller.
THX TO DOPE-JAO FOR THE SPECIAL SIG! <3
Enjoy! <3 Jao
NovU
Crap, what am I going to brag about now?

Postby Andrew on Fri Apr 22, 2016 11:27 am

From all accounts, an eccentric person to say the least, and reportedly a difficult one at times too, but undeniably talented...and not only musically, it seems. RIP.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby [Q] on Fri Apr 22, 2016 1:50 pm

Remember he paid Boozer a million dollars to return his house back to normal after staying there :lol:

He was a bit out there, always unafraid of being himself. For a lot of people his music was hard to get into, but I was definitely a fan of his music. When Doves Cry was my favorite song, no doubt
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby Jeffx on Fri Apr 22, 2016 10:54 pm

I am truly heartbroken....Prince was one of my all-time favorites. RIP

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jF49nZ1ydJg
Jeffx

Return to Off-Topic