Making a game slider into a tunedata

Talk about NBA 2K14 here.

Making a game slider into a tunedata

Postby ShadGregoryMoss on Wed Mar 16, 2016 2:00 am

Does anyone know a method to do it? I want to play My Career using Albys' game sliders. Thank you in advance!
Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships.
ShadGregoryMoss

Re: Making a game slider into a tunedata

Postby Seushiro on Thu Mar 17, 2016 1:32 pm

I will do this step by step to make the whole thing as easy as possible. Admins feel free to move to tutorial after since I believe the Old HoS Tune up data research page still lack some data.

Step 1.
Download Hex on Steroids then Create a folder on your desktop name it HoS for easy finding (Credits to: Lefteris "Leftos" Aslanoglou)
Hex on Steroids

Step 2.
Run Hex on steroids and just stop a moment.

Step 3.
So again, Run the HoS once,and then a profile will be made so put the sliders in Documents/HexonSteroids/Profile
Here is the Most updated Profile: https://www.mediafire.com/?29udie96mvr2r24

Step 4.
Close the editor then open HoS again and poof the profile is now detected! Using the editor now. Select The Updated All in one

Step 5.
After loading the profile go to file Open... go to your NBA directory and select Tunedata.iff (back up as needed)

Step 6.
You will see this now. Notice the rows have an ascending value.

Step 7.
To dissect each there is collated research done by JaoSming and Maoming123 it was missing data for sliders 11 to 125, so now I completed the research. The ??? are still unknown even if I 1 or .50 I do not notice any changes to the game and they are not even changing anything else in sliders so even if you edit them it is safe. So you want to edit Defensive boards awareness then search and [16 D Boards Attribute] so go to that row in HoS and edit it is usally in Player sliders first then CPU sliders next per each.
Guide to table file: https://www.mediafire.com/?odessf6h7qlpxuq

Well unless you have a dual screen monitor where you can view the slider and just change it on the other screen. Just have a copy of the slider's you want (Alby's) and Compare with the Guide on Tables. REMEMBER THE ORDER OF THE GUIDE ON TABLES IS NOT THE SAME AS GOING DOWN YOUR IN GAME SLIDER ( USE CONTROL F AND FIND IT)

Step 8. I will answer concerns on how to use but I will not accept requests for creating a tunedata.iff. The Knowledge is up there make it happen by your own hands! (Y)
Last edited by Seushiro on Thu Mar 31, 2016 1:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Seushiro

Postby ShadGregoryMoss on Thu Mar 17, 2016 4:32 pm

Thanks kabayan! I'll try to create my own tunedata. :bowdown:
Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships.
ShadGregoryMoss

Postby markbejar97 on Sat Jul 29, 2017 12:06 am

i have a problem with in opening tunedata.iff it says "hex on steroids encountered a critical error and will be terminated"

and then it says

System.IO.EndOfStreamException: End of stream reached with 4 byte left to read.
at MiscUtil.IO.EndianBinaryReader.ReadInternal(Byte[] data, Int32 size)
at MiscUtil.IO.EndianBinaryReader.ReadSingle()
at HexOnSteroids.MainWindow.mnuFileOpen_Click(Object sender, RoutedEventArgs e) in e:\Development\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\HexOnSteroids\HexOnSteroids\MainWindow.xaml.cs:line 471
at System.Windows.RoutedEventHandlerInfo.InvokeHandler(Object target, RoutedEventArgs routedEventArgs)
at System.Windows.EventRoute.InvokeHandlersImpl(Object source, RoutedEventArgs args, Boolean reRaised)
at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseEventImpl(DependencyObject sender, RoutedEventArgs args)
at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseEvent(RoutedEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Controls.MenuItem.InvokeClickAfterRender(Object arg)
at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
at MS.Internal.Threading.ExceptionFilterHelper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate method, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)

None

pls help
markbejar97

Return to NBA 2K14