NLSC Podcast #521: No NBA License? No Problem!

Talk about the NLSC Podcast, Monday Tip-Off, Wayback Wednesday, The Friday Five, Top 10 Plays of the Week, and our Parsec Tournaments! This is also a section for NLSC and community announcements, and other site-related topics.

Re: NLSC Podcast - Episode #147 (February 25th, 2016)

Postby Andrew on Fri Feb 26, 2016 10:07 pm

Even with all my power, that's impossible. You'll need to make another wish.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby mp3 on Sat Feb 27, 2016 1:27 am

The knicks won't hire Thibs to coach??
Youtube - mp3 Basketball Gaming
mp3

Postby Andrew on Sat Feb 27, 2016 8:23 am

Maybe more doable.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby mp3 on Sat Feb 27, 2016 9:04 am

I wish mate! I wish...
mp3

Postby Andrew on Wed Mar 02, 2016 9:13 am

I've put out a last call for any and all topic submissions for Episode #148. However, I also wanted to give everyone a heads up about our YouTube channel, as I've started posting some excerpts and a couple of full episodes there: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... fmdKhze4O0

We're looking to do more with our YouTube channel - not just re-posting Podcast clips! - so check it out, show us some love (or Likes, as the case may be), and subscribe: http://www.youtube.com/user/NBALiveSeriesCenter
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby mp3 on Wed Mar 02, 2016 10:15 pm

Me loves watching some podcasts lol, its good to see more stuff from the NLSC on YouTube as that's where most of the action is, that and Twitch
mp3

Postby Andrew on Wed Mar 02, 2016 10:25 pm

I might see if I can add some more interesting visuals when I do future snippets. :lol: I do want to keep doing more video content though, proper video content that is.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Re: NLSC Podcast - Episode #148 (March 4th, 2016)

Postby Andrew on Fri Mar 04, 2016 12:46 am

Episode #148 (March 4th, 2016)

Hosts: Andrew & Arcane

Episode #148 of the NLSC Podcast is out now! In our first show for March 2016, Arcane and I discuss an important fix in last week's roster update for NBA Live 16, cheaters in the NBA 2K16 Road To The Finals tournament, Stephen Curry's big week, and more.

On this week's show...

• We tip things off with a reminder about our Wishlist threads for NBA Live 17 and NBA 2K17.
  • We're pleased to say that the issue with dunk packages that we discussed last week has been resolved in the latest roster update for NBA Live 16.
  • A lot of NBA 2K streamers have been showing NBA Live 16 some love, and the response from their viewers has been quite favourable as well.
  • The Week 3 winners of the NBA 2K16 Road To The Finals tournament on Xbox One have been disqualified for game fixing. We don't feel sorry for them.
  • Once again, we touch on the on-going discussion of how Stephen Curry can be accurately represented in basketball video games.
  • A recent incident leads to another reminder about rudeness and constructive criticism in the modding community.
  • What have we been doing on the virtual hardwood as of late? Find out in the latest edition of Our Week in Basketball Gaming!
  • Stephen Curry had a huge week and proved a couple of NBA Legends wrong, but is everyone really a hater?
  • "Buyout season" has a few players changing teams ahead of the Playoffs push.
  • We recap the Miami Heat's impressive performance against the Chicago Bulls, in which Hassan Whiteside continued his strong play off the bench.
  • Who are our favourite active NBA players?
  • Episode #148 of the NLSC Podcast wraps up with this week's Bold Predictions.

Click here to listen to the show!

Have some thoughts on the latest episode? Sound off right here in the Forum! Also, if there's a topic you'd like us to discuss in the next episode of the NLSC Podcast, feel free to hit us up in this thread.

Never miss an episode by subscribing to the NLSC Podcast on iTunes! You can also find us on Stitcher.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Re: NLSC Podcast - Episode #149 (March 11th, 2016)

Postby Andrew on Fri Mar 11, 2016 12:02 am

Episode #149 (March 11th, 2016)

Looking for your weekly fix of basketball video game discussion? Tune in to Episode #149 of the NLSC Podcast, in which Arcane and I discuss the latest news and updates for NBA Live and NBA 2K, what we've been up to in basketball gaming, the past week in NBA action, and more, including your mailbag submissions!

On this week's show...

• Over 100+ new items have been added to Ultimate Team in NBA Live 16. Unfortunately, the issue with standing dunks remains unresolved.
  • A new playbook and gameplan update has been pushed through for NBA 2K16. Are we expecting any more major updates for either game?
  • Does NBA Live need to focus less on NBA 2K, and concentrate on being itself?
  • We reminisce about the days when there were more than two basketball games on the market, and discuss the kind of releases we'd like to see.
  • In Our Week in Basketball Gaming: Dusting off old favourites, and getting them to work in 64-bit Windows.
  • If the opportunity presented itself, would we join the NBA Live Development Team?
  • Moving on to this week's NBA discussion, we chat about Stephen Curry and the Warriors, Russell Westbrook's big triple double, dysfunction in Cleveland, a new home for Dwight Howard, and a couple of surprising teams.
  • What do we think of Ben Simmons' potential $100 million shoe deal? What will he mean for Australian basketball?
  • We wrap up Episode #149 of the NLSC Podcast with this week's Bold Predictions. Is Andrew on the board yet? (Come on, what do you think?!?)

Have some thoughts on the latest episode? Sound off right here in the Forum! Also, if there's a topic you'd like us to discuss in the next episode of the NLSC Podcast, feel free to hit us up in this thread.

Never miss an episode by subscribing to the NLSC Podcast on iTunes! You can also find us on Stitcher.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby mp3 on Fri Mar 11, 2016 8:07 pm

Great episode guys!
mp3

Postby Andrew on Fri Mar 11, 2016 8:49 pm

Thanks! :)
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Kevin on Sat Mar 12, 2016 11:06 am

tuning in now
Rest In Peace Kobe
Kevin
Fuck the Celtics

Re: NLSC Podcast - Episode #150 (March 18th, 2016)

Postby Andrew on Fri Mar 18, 2016 1:00 am

Episode #150 (March 18th, 2016)

Episode #150 of the NLSC Podcast is out now! Arcane and I look to the future as we discuss a couple of recent Wishlist suggestions for NBA Live 17 and NBA 2K17, reflect on our past week of basketball gaming, and react to some recent news and rumours.

On this week's show...

• Tipping things off with some Wishlist talk, we ask ourselves: aside from improved gameplay, what's the one enhancement that would keep us playing NBA Live 17?
  • We also discuss a couple of recent suggestions for NBA 2K17, regarding potential ratings and Badges.
  • Are we bothered by the NBA Live Development Team reaching out to NBA 2K gamers?
  • Rocket League is set to receive a basketball mode called Hoops, which we're both looking forward to.
  • Our Week in Basketball Gaming has included some time with Ultimate Team, Pro-Am, MyCAREER, and a few retro titles.
  • NBA referee Joey Crawford has retired effectively immediately, due to his knee injuries.
  • Speaking of knee injuries, Jahlil Okafor is set to miss the rest of his rookie season after tearing his meniscus.
  • Could Phil Jackson return to the sidelines, only coaching the New York Knicks during home games? It seems Carmelo Anthony isn't a fan of the idea.
  • Ben Simmons has been dethroned in the mock draft over at Draft Express. He's also been hit with a couple of unflattering comparisons.
  • We wrap up Episode #150 of the NLSC Podcast with this week's Bold Predictions, in which Arcane is back at .500, and Andrew is still seeking his first point. Of course...

Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Kevin on Fri Mar 18, 2016 1:09 am

just in time for my weekly drive going home. :D
Rest In Peace Kobe
Kevin
Fuck the Celtics

Postby Andrew on Fri Mar 18, 2016 1:12 am

Good timing indeed!
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby mp3 on Fri Mar 18, 2016 7:03 pm

Good episode guys as always.

I think this is why I don't play my career anymore, I've had many attempts but as a Guard the "stealing assists" is annoying when you pass to the man under the basket and he kicks it out for 3.

The Phil Jackson coaching the Lakers rumour was true back then he had being rumoured to of asked that he only coached home games due to not being able to fly which the Lakers were not on board with but I think if he wants to do that in NY he's more than welcome too.
mp3

Postby Andrew on Fri Mar 18, 2016 7:15 pm

Thanks man. (Y)

There were games in my NBA 2K13 MyCAREER where I should've broken the assists record, if not for those ill-advised kick outs.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Re: NLSC Podcast - Episode #151 (March 24th, 2016)

Postby Andrew on Thu Mar 24, 2016 11:56 pm

Episode #151 (March 24th, 2016)

Here is Episode #151 of the NLSC Podcast, right on schedule! In this week's show, Arcane and I discuss some new content in Ultimate Team, reflect on the NBA Live 17 and NBA 2K17 Wishlists so far, talk about some controversy with NBA 2K on Twitter, and look back on the past week in the NBA.

On this week's show...

• As the 2016 season winds down, new Playoff Push content has been added to Ultimate Team in NBA Live 16.
  • NBA 2K reached a million followers on Twitter and celebrated with a Locker Code. Unfortunately, the random giveaways left something to be desired.
  • How have the Wishlists for NBA Live 17 and NBA 2K17 been shaping up so far?
  • Pro-Am has been well-received by some NBA Live 16 gamers. What would we like to see done with the mode in NBA Live 17?
  • In the latest edition of Our Week in Basketball Gaming, Andrew talks a little about his recent NBA Live modding projects.
  • The San Antonio Spurs handed the Golden State Warriors their seventh loss last week, but the defending champions are otherwise still going strong.
  • Speaking of the Spurs, they now hold an impressive distinction over the rest of the NBA.
  • LeBron James has unfollowed the Cleveland Cavaliers on social media. Is everyone reading too much into it, or is it indeed newsworthy? Would we see the same thing from previous generations?
  • In sad news, NBA on TNT's Craig Sager has announced his cancer is no longer in remission.
  • We talk about the 2016 Playoff race, and pick the teams we think will beat out their closest competitors for the eighth seed in both Conferences.
  • In this week's Bold Predictions...Andrew is finally on the board! Will this be the beginning of a new streak?
  • We wrap up Episode #151 of the NLSC Podcast with a trivia note comparing LeBron James and Andre Miller.

Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Re: NLSC Podcast - Episode #152 (April 1st, 2016)

Postby Andrew on Fri Apr 01, 2016 10:06 am

Episode #152 (April 1st, 2016)

Hosts: Andrew, Arcane & Kenny

It's April 1st, but no fooling: we have a new episode of the NLSC Podcast out today! Episode #152 sees us return to a three man booth for the first time in a long while, as Kenny joins Arcane and I to discuss NBA Live, NBA 2K, and recent events in the real NBA.

On this week's show...

• We open the show with another reminder about our NBA Live 17 and NBA 2K17 Wishlists. Get your feedback in ASAP!
  • Since it's Kenny's first time on the NLSC Podcast, he provides some thoughts on what he'd like to see get better in NBA 2K, what he's been enjoying in NBA 2K16, and what would draw him back to NBA Live.
  • When should NBA Live 17 be released? Should it be before, after, or at the same time as NBA 2K17?
  • Recently, there's been talk of cross-platform play between the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. We discuss what that would mean for basketball gaming, should it ever come to fruition.
  • Rocket League's basketball-themed add-on Hoops is set to arrive some time in April, free of charge.
  • In Our Week in Basketball Gaming: modding, MyCAREER, MyTEAM, and 2K Pro-Am.
  • Turning our attention to real basketball, we chat about the Golden State Warriors closing in on the Chicago Bulls' record, the drama with D'Angelo Russell, and the retirement of one of Australia's best players.
  • We wrap up Episode #152 of the NLSC Podcast with this week's Bold Predictions, as Andrew seeks a second point, Arcane seeks to stay above .500, and Kenny seeks to get on the board out of the gate.

Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby TGsoGood on Mon Apr 04, 2016 8:40 am

interesting thread

viewtopic.php?f=72&t=101048
Follow me on PATREON https://www.patreon.com/TGsoGood
Consider donating: http://cash.me/$TheJohnsonFamily or http://paypal.me/4TheGoods
Follow me on twitter @TGsoGood
Check me out on youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPydhZ ... PeRSmEVynQ

NBA 2K21 TGsoGood Mods and releases - viewtopic.php?f=267&t=110608
NBA 2K17 TGsoGood Mods and releases - viewtopic.php?f=225&t=102251#p1860681
NBA 2K14 TGsoGood Mods and releases - viewtopic.php?f=153&t=96056
TGsoGood
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Andrew on Mon Apr 04, 2016 8:47 am

We'll probably give that a mention in this week's show.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Re: NLSC Podcast - Episode #153 (April 8th, 2016)

Postby Andrew on Fri Apr 08, 2016 1:40 am

Episode #153 (April 8th, 2016)

Episode #153 of the NLSC Podcast is out now! Arcane and I are your hosts this week, as Kenny was unavailable to join us, but hopefully we’ll have him back on the show soon. In the meantime, we have a variety of topics to talk about this week, including what we’ve been playing, recent content updates for NBA Live 16 and NBA 2K17, and the latest news and results as the 2016 NBA season winds down.

On this week's show...

• A new roster came through for NBA Live 16 last week. We recap some of the recent ratings changes, including the top five players in the game as of the latest roster.
  • After a breakdown of some forthcoming Throwback Thursday content in NBA 2K16’s MyTEAM, we give some more thoughts on the mode, and compare it to NBA Live 16’s Ultimate Team.
  • Do we expect face scanning to be available in NBA Live 17?
  • Following on from this week’s Monday Tip-Off column, we discuss whether or not basketball video games should have downloadable content, outside of the regular roster/art updates.
  • If you’re looking for a new basketball game to try out, Dr B has released a beta version of his Slam Dunk Contest game exclusively at the NLSC.
  • In Our Week in Basketball Gaming: More retro gaming, and a few games of MyCAREER.
  • Moving on to this week’s NBA discussion, Sam Hinkie appears to have grown weary of the Process, as he’s stepping down from the Philadelphia 76ers’ front office.
  • Jerry Sloan has announced that he has Parkinson’s Disease. We wish him good health, and all the best.
  • As the 2016 NBA season draws to a close, so too does Kobe Bryant’s career. We offer up some further thoughts on the Black Mamba’s farewell tour, as his final game looms.
  • Shaquille O’Neal, Allen Iverson, and Yao Ming are heading to Springfield, but at least one former player doesn’t believe Yao is a deserving Hall of Famer.
  • Tim Duncan is now the third player to amass 1000 career wins in the regular season.
  • The Golden State Warriors need four straight wins to top 72-10. As comparisons continue, a recent article about Michael Jordan has one of us a tad riled up.
  • Episode #153 of the NLSC Podcast ends with this week’s Bold Predictions, featuring predictions that are lofty enough to truly justify the reverb effect.

Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Re: NLSC Podcast - Episode #154 (April 15th, 2016)

Postby Andrew on Fri Apr 15, 2016 12:56 am

Episode #154 (April 15th, 2016)

Welcome to Episode #154 of the NLSC Podcast! Arcane and I certainly have a bit to talk about this week with the end of the 2016 regular season, the Playoffs looming, and both Kobe Bryant and the Golden State Warriors making history. Also, some very early news about the NBA 2K17 cover and pre-order bonuses.

On this week's show...

• 2K have announced that Kobe Bryant will appear on the cover of a special Legend Edition of NBA 2K17. Have they also hinted at another possible cover player for this year?
  • We discuss a reel of NBA Live 16 player faces that a graphic designer posted on YouTube.
  • In Our Week in Basketball Gaming: Arcane's MyPLAYER gets onto 2K TV in MyCAREER, while Andrew wonders what to play next.
  • Kobe Bryant has gone out in style, scoring 60 points in his final game. We reflect a little on the Black Mamba's legendary career.
  • The Golden State Warriors become the first team to win 73 games, beating the Chicago Bulls' twenty year old record. We congratulate them, but grumble a little about some vocal (and hypocritical) fanboys.
  • With the 2016 regular season in the books, we look ahead to the Playoffs and make our first round predictions.
  • Speaking of which, we end Episode #154 of the NLSC Podcast with this week's Bold Predictions. After getting our picks right last week, can we both get a streak going as we head into the postseason?

Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Re: NLSC Podcast - Episode #155 (April 22nd, 2016)

Postby Andrew on Fri Apr 22, 2016 2:27 am

Episode #155 (April 22nd, 2016)

Hosts: Andrew, Arcane, & Kenny

Episode #155 of the NLSC Podcast is out now! Join Arcane, Kenny, and I as we overcome a couple of annoying technical issues to discuss some issues facing PC basketball gaming, the quality of content updates for NBA Live, the first week of the 2016 NBA Playoffs, and more.

On this week's show...

• We open Episode #155 with a look at some of the challenges that face PC basketball gaming. Of course, we'd still like to see NBA Live return to the PC, and a more modder-friendly NBA 2K.
  • For some reason, NBA 2K16 on Steam has been tagged as a "Psychological Horror" title. Go figure.
  • Is it currently too much of a grind to level up players in NBA Live and NBA 2K?
  • There hasn't been much in the way of gear, shoe, and accessory updates in LIVE Pro-Am. Do we expect the content updates to improve in NBA Live 17?
  • In Our Week in Basketball Gaming: Ultimate Team, MyTEAM, MyCAREER, and one annoying crash.
  • Week 1 of the 2016 NBA Playoffs is in the books, and we have to admit, we're not as excited for the postseason as we'd like to be.
  • Tom Thibodeau has joined the Minnesota Timberwolves as their new coach and president. Also, a fantastic old school photo of him has emerged.
  • The first NBA award winners for 2016 have been announced. No arguments so far.
  • We manage to mention the NBL, but only because it looks like Anthony Bennett is headed Down Under.
  • This week's Bold Predictions feature a very bold prediction indeed.
  • We wrap up Episode #155 with a chilling tale of deception. And by chilling, we actually mean kind of amusing.

Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Re: NLSC Podcast - Episode #155 (April 22nd, 2016)

Postby Kevin on Fri Apr 22, 2016 9:53 am

Going to catch up on episodes 153 to 155
Rest In Peace Kobe
Kevin
Fuck the Celtics

PreviousNext

Return to Featured Content & Community Noticeboard