Need an opinion - Maybe it's just me (ESPN Cam)

Talk about NBA Live 16 here.

Need an opinion - Maybe it's just me (ESPN Cam)

Postby ThaLiveKing on Tue Feb 02, 2016 7:34 am

On the ESPN broadcast camera, I've noticed that some courts such as the Banker's Life Fieldhouse and Chicago's United Center, has a farther back camera angles. Maybe it's me, but I feel that the game overall plays a lot slower and horrible in these two arenas. I don't seem to have this problem with the Staples Center (Clippers) and in Charlotte, or any other camera angle that much closer. The game, to me anyways, seems a bit laggy, I've also had this problem with Live 15. Has anyone else noticed this? Did I miss a conversation about this? Any other angle seems to play fine, but the ESPN cam in those two arenas are brutal. Charlotte's arena has a much closer view and the game plays amazing in that arena in terms of pace.

Maybe its a frame rate issue, not sure. I was playing a close game last night with the Warriors and Cavs in Golden State, and the game felt like it was going to crash, because it was skipping like crazy. Seems like a lot of stuff is going on under the hood, and I haven't had this problem in any other EA Sports game.
ThaLiveKing

Re: Need an opinion - Maybe it's just me (ESPN Cam)

Postby Andrew on Tue Feb 02, 2016 8:28 am

I haven't noticed that myself. I might have to play a couple of games and see.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby mp3 on Tue Feb 02, 2016 5:27 pm

Nba live needs custom camera angels imo or at least be able to zoom in on there current cameras would be great and the you could see some of there better graphics that get lost when watching/playing the game from a far.
Youtube - mp3 Basketball Gaming
mp3

Postby Andrew on Tue Feb 02, 2016 6:53 pm

That too, but if there are framerate issues, that's definitely a concern.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby ThaLiveKing on Wed Feb 03, 2016 4:35 am

mp3 wrote:Nba live needs custom camera angels imo or at least be able to zoom in on there current cameras would be great and the you could see some of there better graphics that get lost when watching/playing the game from a far.

Even if they some what limit the zoom to how far in and out, to prevent known dev issues it would be nice. Philly and Sacramento have the best camera angles in the game for game play on ESPN broadcast. I've played me best games in those arenas. Even lost at the buzzer to Memphis, while I was Philly lol
ThaLiveKing

Postby mp3 on Wed Feb 03, 2016 5:18 am

Yeah I like the Sixers too but it's just a shame most of the team look like random people off the street more than the real life player (:-/)
Youtube - mp3 Basketball Gaming
mp3

Postby Andrew on Wed Feb 03, 2016 10:00 am

I'd in be in favour of an EA equivalent of 2K's Beluba Cam, a broadcast-oriented angle that's also optimised for gameplay.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby [Q] on Wed Feb 03, 2016 1:26 pm

I've always liked playing on the baseline cameras ever since (they started doing that by default?) in Live 2005/06. It makes it feel like you're viewing the game from a player's perspective. It's always made more sense to me. Imagine how weird it would be to play Madden from a broadcast angle.
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Wed Feb 03, 2016 2:23 pm

I like baseline angles for player locked modes, but when I'm controlling the entire team, I prefer broadcast angles.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby StyxTx on Wed Feb 03, 2016 8:58 pm

The problem with all cameras except baseline is that you can't see down court for anyone who may be on a fast break. I use baseline.
StyxTx

Postby Andrew on Wed Feb 03, 2016 9:26 pm

I don't have much trouble with EA Sideline or most of the broadcast camera angles. But baseline angles definitely have their benefits.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby ThaLiveKing on Thu Feb 04, 2016 3:47 pm

[Q] wrote:I've always liked playing on the baseline cameras ever since (they started doing that by default?) in Live 2005/06. It makes it feel like you're viewing the game from a player's perspective. It's always made more sense to me. Imagine how weird it would be to play Madden from a broadcast angle.

I honestly would love to play Madden with a side line view. You can't use the current one because it's too close to the action, zoomed out it would be a lot more fun to me.

I think I figured out my issue with the ESPN cam. I believe the camera follows the ball more directly instead of the action. Similar to in the replay where you can move the cursor to the ball, the player or anywhere else on the court, during game play its fixated on the ball, so the camera has to move all the time, whereas with the EA broadcast, it zooms in and out, and pans. I'm playing a game right now, and the overall game flows better (IMO) on the EA broadcast camera. I should have been using this camera since day one, but I love seeing the crowd.
ThaLiveKing

Postby Andrew on Thu Feb 04, 2016 4:40 pm

Is that EA Sideline?
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby ThaLiveKing on Fri Feb 05, 2016 1:41 am

Andrew wrote:Is that EA Sideline?

EA Broadcast, it's much closer than EA Sideline!!!
ThaLiveKing

Postby Andrew on Fri Feb 05, 2016 8:09 am

Ah, of course. EA Sideline is actually the angle we have to use in Ultimate Team. I don't mind it as it's fairly good for gameplay, and it's kind of old school, reminding me of the isometric angle in the early games. That said, it would be nice to be able to change it, and some other settings, in LUT. Outside LUT, I believe I'm mostly playing with the ESPN camera.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby Izzy Snow on Sun Feb 07, 2016 2:46 am

ThaLiveKing wrote:On the ESPN broadcast camera, I've noticed that some courts such as the Banker's Life Fieldhouse and Chicago's United Center, has a farther back camera angles. Maybe it's me, but I feel that the game overall plays a lot slower and horrible in these two arenas. I don't seem to have this problem with the Staples Center (Clippers) and in Charlotte, or any other camera angle that much closer. The game, to me anyways, seems a bit laggy, I've also had this problem with Live 15. Has anyone else noticed this? Did I miss a conversation about this? Any other angle seems to play fine, but the ESPN cam in those two arenas are brutal. Charlotte's arena has a much closer view and the game plays amazing in that arena in terms of pace.

Maybe its a frame rate issue, not sure. I was playing a close game last night with the Warriors and Cavs in Golden State, and the game felt like it was going to crash, because it was skipping like crazy. Seems like a lot of stuff is going on under the hood, and I haven't had this problem in any other EA Sports game.

Bro this is crazy! I noticed it last night! It would skip occasionally on ESPN cam at Verizon Center. I usually play on either EA Sideline or Action anyway but I gave Broadcast a shot. I'm surprised I didn't use that more myself! I actually enjoyed a full 5 minute qtr. game last night and the entire time I just kept thinking, if only we had better post animations and better controls, this game would be lit. I really hope 17 improves those two things and build on the modes they have now. They can't go another year of no Dynasty improvements and no roster editing.
Izzy Snow

Postby ThaLiveKing on Sun Feb 07, 2016 8:53 am

Izzy Snow wrote:
ThaLiveKing wrote:On the ESPN broadcast camera, I've noticed that some courts such as the Banker's Life Fieldhouse and Chicago's United Center, has a farther back camera angles. Maybe it's me, but I feel that the game overall plays a lot slower and horrible in these two arenas. I don't seem to have this problem with the Staples Center (Clippers) and in Charlotte, or any other camera angle that much closer. The game, to me anyways, seems a bit laggy, I've also had this problem with Live 15. Has anyone else noticed this? Did I miss a conversation about this? Any other angle seems to play fine, but the ESPN cam in those two arenas are brutal. Charlotte's arena has a much closer view and the game plays amazing in that arena in terms of pace.

Bro this is crazy! I noticed it last night! It would skip occasionally on ESPN cam at Verizon Center. I usually play on either EA Sideline or Action anyway but I gave Broadcast a shot. I'm surprised I didn't use that more myself! I actually enjoyed a full 5 minute qtr. game last night and the entire time I just kept thinking, if only we had better post animations and better controls, this game would be lit. I really hope 17 improves those two things and build on the modes they have now. They can't go another year of no Dynasty improvements and no roster editing.

LOL...I knew I wasn't crazy. I played the game all night last night on EA Broadcast thinking this game play is F********* amazing with this camera angle. Everything is so much more fluid, dude went around a screen and caught up with the ball handler and got back in defensive position with no lag. It got me thinking back to the IGN game play during E3 when I was impressed with the game play, it was because of the camera angle. I may start my ultimate team now because of this
ThaLiveKing

Postby Andrew on Sun Feb 07, 2016 9:30 am

Just a heads up, unless I'm missing something, Ultimate Team is locked to EA Sideline.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby ThaLiveKing on Sun Feb 07, 2016 10:02 am

Andrew wrote:Just a heads up, unless I'm missing something, Ultimate Team is locked to EA Sideline.

Mine was locked in the ESPN cam, I went into the settings and changed it to EA Broadcast
ThaLiveKing

Postby Andrew on Sun Feb 07, 2016 3:04 pm

Ah, it must be locked to whatever the default camera is, then. Good to know, though it'd be nice if we could set it independently of the default setting or other modes, as we can with Dynasty and Rising Star.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Return to NBA Live 16