"Dynamic" Audience

Talk about NBA Live 95-2002 here.

"Dynamic" Audience

Postby mortalsoul3 on Sun Dec 20, 2015 11:46 am

Good Evening (Morning) Mates,

To your knowledge, is there any any way to restore the dynamic audience feature while running EA Sports Live2000 edition in Windows XP? I recall this as one of the most distinct features of Live2000 when using the software on earlier 95, 98 & Millennium operating systems. But while running the game on a not quite as old desktop, the in-game arena, while filled made with a symmetrical patchwork of "fans", are always just that -- filled -- in franchise mode, regardless the caliber/records of the competing teams. Is correcting this a matter of changing an options/display setting, or is there a patch available that might activate this notable feature while using the game in the aforementioned environment?

Thanks, all . . . and as always . . . cheers!

Peace,
MT
mortalsoul3

Re: "Dynamic" Audience

Postby Andrew on Sun Dec 20, 2015 11:50 am

I imagine it would be a graphics setting. I know if you use the dx6z.dll file from NBA Live 2001 with NBA Live 2000, you can use hardware acceleration under Windows XP, which would ensure full, proper detail settings. If you're not already doing that, it's probably worth a shot.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby mortalsoul3 on Sun Dec 20, 2015 4:07 pm

Thanks as always, Andrew. I'll dig out my copy of Live2001, hopefully find the installation code, and then plug the referenced .dll file into the 2001 directory. Happy Holidays and all best to you, Andrew. I greatly appreciate your efforts in maintaining this site over the years.

Cheers,
MT
mortalsoul3

Postby Andrew on Mon Dec 21, 2015 12:07 am

Appreciate the support and the kind words. :)

If you can't find your NBA Live 2001 disc, grab the NBA Live 2001 demo from our Downloads section. It has the file you need.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Return to NBA Live Vintage