Official Patch Notes & Discussion (Latest Patch: V6)

Talk about NBA 2K16 here.

Re: Official Patch Notes & Discussion (Latest Patch: V2)

Postby benji on Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:13 am

Changelog has some more PC specific fixes:
GENERAL

- Support added for custom keyboard configurations.

- Optimization improvements that increase performance across all configurations.

- Addressed an issue where some users would notice commentary cutting out during gameplay.

- Resolved frame rate stuttering at start of games/between quarters on moderate to high-end systems.

- Addressed an issue where some users would see a black screen in the Edit Arena and Edit Uniform menus when ‘Special Effects’ was turned off.

- New Video Settings option ‘Media People Detail Level’ added; reducing this will help performance on low-end and mid-range graphics cards.

- Corrected missing/incorrect player icons when using a non-Xbox 360 controller.

- Fixed a rare hang that could occur when attempting to fast-forward 2KTV.

- Fixed a rare driver crash on DirectX 10.0 and DirectX 10.1 graphics cards.

- Help text added to Video Settings menu.

- Additional detail setting now available for Shader Detail in the Video Settings menu.

- Fixed super sampling not working when Letterbox (formerly called Aspect Ratio Correction) was disabled.

- The following Video Settings options should now provide the expected results when modified: Color Correction, Depth of Field, Screen Space Ambient Occlusion, Bloom, and Volumetric Effects.

- Resolved a rare case where the game would hang when entering/exiting the Tattoo editor when customizing the tattoos on your MyPLAYER.

- Addressed an issue on the main menu where the title would freeze for a period of time before proceeding to the selected action (e.g. loading a MyCAREER save).

- Players will no longer slide/skate when pressing the block button during an inbound state. It was funny while it lasted.

- Tuned crowd excitement and intensity on made buzzer beaters.

- Resolved a case where certain players (e.g. Kristaps Porzingis) would have their hairstyle change slightly when zooming in the camera very close in replay.

MyPARK/2K PRO-AM

- Pro-Am Team Play has been added to the game! You can now play as a full team in your custom-built arenas.

- Addressed a number of matchmaking issues that inhibited users from playing in Pro-Am Walk-On games.

- Fixed an issue where your player would sometimes appear with the incorrect height (if you had more than one MyCAREER save file) when entering MyPARK/Pro-Am from within MyCAREER.

- Fixed a rare case where the ball would get stuck in the High Roller courts, thus preventing a game from concluding.

- Improved voice chat support in both MyPARK and 2K Pro-Am.

- Improved the animation of the skateboard in MyPARK. If you don’t have this, get it. You can move between courts faster than those that are on-foot!

- 2K Beats will now continue to play after finishing a game in MyPARK.

MyCAREER/MyCOURT

- Fixed an issue where some users were unable to join their friends’ MyCOURTs.

- Fixed an issue where the host user was unable to send MyCOURT invites after leaving MyPARK/Pro-Am with a squad.

- Addressed a number of issues with Accolades not unlocking at the appropriate time within MyCAREER.

- Pressing the back button will no longer cause the game to hang from the MyCAREER NEXT menu after being eliminated from the playoffs.

MyGM/MyLEAGUE

- Numerous tuning and code enhancements to improve simulated player stats.

- Playoff games (within a series) can no longer be played out of order in MyLEAGUE Online.

- Found and fixed a case where visiting certain submenus with no head coach would cause the game to hang.

- Fans of relocated/rebranded teams will no longer hold up signs referencing the previous identity of the team.

- Fixed a rare hang that could occur when the ticker referenced a previous game result where all of the players on the team have since been traded.

- Selecting to load a custom draft class will no longer cause a game hang in the MyGM offseason if you had previously been fired during that same offseason.

NOTE: All patch fixes will work in your existing game mode saves.
benji

Postby I Hate Mondays on Tue Nov 03, 2015 8:01 am

There is a significant performance difference after the latest patch. The cutscenes and after basket camera cuts ar smooth as hell. The gameplay is more fluent too. The thing is, I still get a little bit of stuttering depending on the game's speed when the ball crosses the half court.
I Hate Mondays

Postby Dee4Three on Tue Nov 03, 2015 8:29 am

I am stuck on the opening nba 2k16 screen after this update... I cant even play the game. Ive tried restarting the game numerous times and have even restarted my computer...

Did this happen to anybody else?
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Check out my YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvHJXrqit8Dc6HBY5P6EmAA

Follow me on Twitter

https://twitter.com/Dee4Three84
Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Tue Nov 03, 2015 9:25 am

Updated the first post. Now I just have to download it myself, and check it out. Firing up Steam...
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Lagoa on Tue Nov 03, 2015 1:30 pm

Downloading, but not sweat fix yet? ....ohhhh god.
FOLLOW ME ON INSTAGRAM and TWITTER @lagoanba

Please consider making a donation of any value if you like my work! :D

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?c ... source=url
Lagoa

Postby TBM on Tue Nov 03, 2015 1:36 pm

Lagoa wrote:Downloading, but not sweat fix yet? ....ohhhh god.

No sweat? Pre-order canceled.
TBM
Contributor
Contributor

Postby jusagamerk26 on Tue Nov 03, 2015 3:59 pm

does the latest patch fix the stamina and fatigue rate wherein the stamina does not deplete that much and the recovery after every timeout and/or quarter break will be much greater?
jusagamerk26

Postby Slim5050 on Tue Nov 03, 2015 5:22 pm

" - Improved voice chat support in both MyPARK and 2K Pro-Am. " Does this mean we can use mic in MyPark and Pro Am now on PC? Anybody tested it yet?
Slim5050

Postby Andrew on Tue Nov 03, 2015 5:58 pm

Player icons are now showing up properly with my Logitech gamepad, so that's nice to see. However, I'm now getting the issues with the commentary cutting out (sometimes coming back, a couple of times it didn't), which I actually wasn't before the patch.The pre-game show also seems to be bugged in NBA Today, as there's no further audio or cutscenes after EJ introduces the teams and player stats are displayed. Performance is great as far as framerate and whatnot.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby aguifs on Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:15 pm

No stutter... good!!!!

No sweat... sad!!!
aguifs

Postby ThePointForward on Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:47 pm

Andrew wrote:However, I'm now getting the issues with the commentary cutting out (sometimes coming back, a couple of times it didn't), which I actually wasn't before the patch.

- Addressed an issue where some users would notice commentary cutting out during gameplay.

Well, according to patch notes you weren't supposed to notice it :D
ThePointForward
Formerly Dommy73

Postby Andrew on Tue Nov 03, 2015 7:43 pm

Touche. :lol:

But yeah, seems like it's still an issue. I might've just been lucky before.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby blizzcoe on Tue Nov 03, 2015 10:39 pm

I played with My Career after downloading the update and the commentary bug is still there! Sad! Good work on the icons though. I didn't notice any changes on th gameplay. To me, its more like the plays broke sometimes :(
blizzcoe

Postby mj23kb24 on Wed Nov 04, 2015 12:10 am

Leftos..After installing the patch, there's still no sweat. The replay is still not showing the complete play but only the last part of the action. I've tried 144hz or 60hz refresh rate to see if it make difference but still it doesn't work. I love the new xbox one icons though! Still testing the game.
Intel Core I7 4790K (OC'ed@ 4.7 Ghz) Processor
Noctua NH-D15 CPU Cooler
Asus Strix GTX 980 Graphics Card
MSI Z97 PC Mate Motherboard
Gskill RipjawsX 16GB Dual DDR3 1866 CL9 RAM
Deepcool Kendomen Rd Mid Tower Casing
Seasonic M12ii-620 EVO 620W 80plus Bronze Fully Modular PSU
Kingston 240 GB Solid State Drive
Seagate 1TB Solid State Hybrid Drive & 1TB + 500GB 7200RPM Sata Hard Drive
2 Corsair SP120(front),1 Corsair AF120(Back) and 2 Coolermaster Sickleflow (Top)120 Red LED fans
LG 24GM77 24" 1ms 144Hz LED 1080p Monitor
Razer Abyssus 2014 Mouse
Razer Blackwidow Tournament 2014 Mechanical Keyboard
1 Xbox One Controller & 2x Xbox 360 Windows Controller
Edifier 5.1 M1150 mini home theater speaker
Windows 10 Pro OS
mj23kb24

Postby Lagoa on Wed Nov 04, 2015 12:20 am

Not playing yet, but read this is really sad.

Stuffs on patch note and still a bug, like sweat (ps4/xone) commentary skip (PC). Wow 2k, a year to forget right? My gosh!

Lagoa

Postby mj23kb24 on Wed Nov 04, 2015 12:47 am

Maybe I didn't notice this before.. After the patch, In video settings - the shader detail now has "ULTRA" ? Tried that but still no sweat. I disabled my antivirus and had steam to download a 200mb update. After this, replays on getting fouled before free throw still aren't showing completely. :(
Intel Core I7 4790K (OC'ed@ 4.7 Ghz) Processor
Noctua NH-D15 CPU Cooler
Asus Strix GTX 980 Graphics Card
MSI Z97 PC Mate Motherboard
Gskill RipjawsX 16GB Dual DDR3 1866 CL9 RAM
Deepcool Kendomen Rd Mid Tower Casing
Seasonic M12ii-620 EVO 620W 80plus Bronze Fully Modular PSU
Kingston 240 GB Solid State Drive
Seagate 1TB Solid State Hybrid Drive & 1TB + 500GB 7200RPM Sata Hard Drive
2 Corsair SP120(front),1 Corsair AF120(Back) and 2 Coolermaster Sickleflow (Top)120 Red LED fans
LG 24GM77 24" 1ms 144Hz LED 1080p Monitor
Razer Abyssus 2014 Mouse
Razer Blackwidow Tournament 2014 Mechanical Keyboard
1 Xbox One Controller & 2x Xbox 360 Windows Controller
Edifier 5.1 M1150 mini home theater speaker
Windows 10 Pro OS
mj23kb24

Postby Leftos on Wed Nov 04, 2015 2:41 am

Andrew wrote:The pre-game show also seems to be bugged in NBA Today, as there's no further audio or cutscenes after EJ introduces the teams and player stats are displayed.

I'm not seeing this. Fired up Bulls vs Hornets from the NBA Today game selection and they started talking about one of the player's stories after the player stats for a while, before passing the mic to Kevin Harlan. Can you record video of your issue and send it over?
Eleftherios "Leftos" Aslanoglou
NBA 2K AI Software Engineer
Visual Concepts Entertainment / 2K Sports

Used to be "That Tools Guy" around here during the good ol' days. Although you probably remember me as your favorite Podcast host.
Leftos
I'm The Pipeline, The Pipeline Is Me
NBA 2K Developer

Postby jk31 on Wed Nov 04, 2015 4:02 am

Did you fix the crash when selecting the leftmost team on starting/joining a myleague online?
jk31

Postby Lagoa on Wed Nov 04, 2015 5:10 am

So, i´m not play online, just offline after patch... no sweat (ok, it´s not on patch notes) but problem with commentary still here. I dont see any change with the patch.

So, 2k "working hard" on a patch for F@##=*/* 40 days and not solve the problems? WTF? No Sweat, No Fatigue, commentary problem.... more 40 or 60 days to work this? I have a idea, try it on NBA 2k17!!! :evil: :evil: :evil:

Im done with 2k16. (N) (N)

Lagoa

Postby Lagoa on Wed Nov 04, 2015 5:16 am

Ahh, another one:

2k ignore SWEAT, ok, it´s a "little stuff", just a "cosmetic feacture", Lagoa overrated this....

But look on this patch notes:

- Fixed a rare hang that could occur when attempting to fast-forward 2KTV.
- Help text added to Video Settings menu.
- Fixed super sampling not working when Letterbox (formerly called Aspect Ratio Correction) was disabled.
- The following Video Settings options should now provide the expected results when modified: Color Correction, Depth of Field, Screen Space Ambient Occlusion, Bloom, and Volumetric Effects.

WOW!!!! JUST WOWWWWWW (look the bold ones, thats hilarious)

Lagoa

Postby TBM on Wed Nov 04, 2015 5:19 am

I'm convinced Lagoa is a troll at this point,
TBM
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Lagoa on Wed Nov 04, 2015 5:25 am

2k is a troll....

For me, stay waiting the new Greg editor to TRY TO SOLVE this fucking game with patches, because if we are looking for 2k, in next patch they add a "new buttons for the NBA TV"... (N) (N) (N) (N)

Lagoa

Postby cb44 on Wed Nov 04, 2015 5:49 am

The commentary still cuts out within a few minutes of a game. Pass icons are missing on Xbox One controller. The gameplay is smoother now but the commentary bug and no pass icons breaks the game for me.

i5-3570k
GTX 980 SC
Windows 10 Pro 64 bit
8GB Ram

@Leftos http://steamcommunity.com/app/370240/di ... 475064349/ (Im not the only one with the XB1 controller issue)

http://steamcommunity.com/app/370240/di ... 476224591/, http://steamcommunity.com/app/370240/di ... 668481/#p2 (on commentary cut out bug)
cb44

Postby Leftos on Wed Nov 04, 2015 7:27 am

We're still looking into the commentary cutting out. Even though it resolved the issue for some configurations (including my PC at home and PCs at work, which would have commentary cut out multiple times per game and doesn't cut out anymore post-patch), apparently it didn't fix it for everyone, so we're still investigating.

Sweat and fatigue, from what I understand, are issues that are fixed in the next cross-platform patch. Patch 2 for PC was delayed, but it wasn't going to include any Patch 3 changes.

We're also aware of the Xbox One controller specifically not having icons, and are looking to resolve it ASAP.
Eleftherios "Leftos" Aslanoglou
NBA 2K AI Software Engineer
Visual Concepts Entertainment / 2K Sports

Used to be "That Tools Guy" around here during the good ol' days. Although you probably remember me as your favorite Podcast host.
Leftos
I'm The Pipeline, The Pipeline Is Me
NBA 2K Developer

Postby benji on Wed Nov 04, 2015 7:30 am

lol at this commentary dropping out bug continuing no matter what

game actually runs better now with all the crap turned on, stutters all over if you set everything to low and turn the effects all off (actually, the commentary bug didn't happen when i jacked up everything except AA)

it's funny how the video settings "help" tells you all sorts of stuff about some settings and others just says "controls the setting"

still no sheed
benji

PreviousNext

Return to NBA 2K16