Dear Devs... (General Feedback)

Talk about NBA 2K16 here.

Dear Devs... (General Feedback)

Postby justinpot on Tue Oct 13, 2015 8:56 pm

The title pretty much says it all, i mean in one thread he did say they look at forums such as ours for feedack from the community, so if the admins would agree to sticky this that would be great.

And to start:

Dear Devs,

Hope you guys can add the choice to change sock lengths in mycareer this year its just odd we cant do that, i think you can add it since last year we were given a chance to add compression clothing for a period of time
Last edited by justinpot on Wed Oct 14, 2015 3:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
justinpot

Re: Dear Leftos thread

Postby I Hate Mondays on Tue Oct 13, 2015 10:54 pm

I don't know if this post will be popular or not but I have to express my frustration somewhere.

Dear Devs,
Today I ran into the same person in MyTeam mode, Road to the Playoffs. The first strange thing was that I played two games in a row (vs. him), me being the away team. I know it usually alternates between home and away. Anyways, his court was the cherry on top.
That little prick had a custom court, all of it was blue. Nothing else, Just plane blue. You couldn't see where the paint is, where the 3pt line is. Hell, you couldn't even see the borders of the court, so I stepped out of bounds a minimum of 10 times. (His defense was set on all my players to drive them to the baseline). The most evil thing was that his court was blue. You know what kind of blue ? That kind of blue that appears on the court when you try to run a play. If the colour would've been red, white, gayish pinky or something, I could've been guided by the plays indications. But there I was, trying to at least stay in bounds.
In addition to all of the above, he had this bronze team ( I am seed 10 for the moment because I rage quited after the second meeting, almost broke my controller) who would always attack the rim in the middle. He didn't need any 3pt lines or the side borders, because he would always go middle. Even if I noticed that after the first two minutes, defending him was super-hard. Attacking was the same thing because he would stuff all of his players inside the paint, and you couldn't attack the only way that was possible. So the moment you were figuring things out, he would already have a 6-8 point lead, just enough to keep it simple 'till the end of the game because, you know, 3pt baskets were gone and it is not that simple to blow a 8 pt lead using only 2pt baskets.
Imagine this guy in the first seeds of Road to the Playoffs. Give him some players who are known for attacking the paint (Westbrook, Harden, James etc.) and I don't think anyone could beat his cheating ass.
Finally, I would like to add that I heard about this cheating method on some youtuber's channel. I laughed at first, but now I don't feel like laughing anymore. The youtuber was complaining, saying that he met some people who were using the cheating method, but at least they had the decency of making the paint white, red etc. You could've guess where the 3pt line is using some plays indications.
I don't know if anyone will be reading this, but I hope something can be done after all the performance issues are gone. This is like last year's cheating method, were you would intentionally call timeouts without any timeouts left and one of the players would go to the line forever. That problem was fixed, I believe this can be fixed too.
Last edited by I Hate Mondays on Wed Oct 14, 2015 2:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
I Hate Mondays

Postby ColumbusBobby23 on Wed Oct 14, 2015 12:57 am

While playing MyGM I went into the sliders and raised the charging foul frequency to 100% and turned blocking foul frequency down to 40%. I'm about 50 games into the first season and have yet to see a charging foul called. I'm sure you are aware that this has been an issue for a few years. I haven't owned a console since the original PlayStation, so maybe it's a problem for PC only? I was hoping you could mention this to the gameplay team?

Thanks
Last edited by ColumbusBobby23 on Tue Oct 27, 2015 3:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
ColumbusBobby23

Postby dwayne12345 on Wed Oct 14, 2015 1:04 am

But it's not Leftos decision what features are in the game or patched. Why not just make the thread Dear Devs instead of isolating the one dev who is active here answering our questions and taking our feedback?
dwayne12345

Postby TBM on Wed Oct 14, 2015 1:13 am

Really stupid thread. As pointed out, Leftos is a franchise mode developer. Why the fuck are you asking him to change sock lengths and MyTeam? Some of you aren't very bright.
TBM
Contributor
Contributor

Postby PeacemanNOT on Wed Oct 14, 2015 1:28 am

Calm down TBM. Some people don't know this. You're negativity destroys this entire forum. :?
Donate if you'd like to:
Paypal - https://paypal.me/PeacemanNOT
PeacemanNOT
Useless Member
Contributor

Postby ColumbusBobby23 on Wed Oct 14, 2015 2:00 am

I don't think there is anything wrong with this thread. As long as he isn't being insulted or harassed. It would be a convenient place for him to check on without having to read every single thread on these forums. 2K IMO isn't that great at communicating with their customers. So to have Leftos take the time out of his busy schedule to talk to us here on NLSC is a huge plus. We all know that he is a nice guy and he cares about this community. So nobody can fault him if he doesn't have the time to answer their questions. But at least with this thread people have a single place to talk directly to him.

Or maybe even say: Dear Leftos, Thanks for all of your hard work.

Also, people who may be new to the forums might not know what particular job he does at VC. But it's safe to assume he stays in contact with most of the dev team.
ColumbusBobby23

Postby justinpot on Wed Oct 14, 2015 2:11 am

columbusbobby23 wrote:I don't think there is anything wrong with this thread. As long as he isn't being insulted or harassed. It would be a convenient place for him to check on without having to read every single thread on these forums. 2K IMO isn't that great at communicating with their customers. So to have Leftos take the time out of his busy schedule to talk to us here on NLSC is a huge plus.
justinpot

Postby I Hate Mondays on Wed Oct 14, 2015 2:46 am

I am aware of the fact that he can't solve all of the problems. What he can do ( and I recall he does it frequently and thank you a lot for it Leftos) is to pass the information to the other Devs.

Dear Devs,

Fixed. This post should be kept. We should rename the topic's title or something, make it more formal. We already have a bugs & glitch topic, but some of the problems aren't bugs or glitches. I think this place is useful.
I Hate Mondays

Postby senhorxxx on Wed Oct 14, 2015 3:15 am

columbusbobby23 wrote:Dear Leftos,
While playing MyGM I went into the sliders and raised the charging foul frequency to 100% and turned blocking foul frequency down to 40%. I'm about 50 games into the first season and have yet to see a charging foul called. I'm sure you are aware that this has been an issue for a few years. I haven't owned a console since the original PlayStation, so maybe it's a problem for PC only? I was hoping you could mention this to the gameplay team?

Thanks

Any problem related to gameplay that takes place on the PC will also be in play4 and xbox one, as the game code is the same for all three platforms, it was what Leftos assured me.

http://www.operationsports.com/forums/n ... x-one.html

I'm still not sure whether to buy PC version or play4 version (my rig is good, i7 4790/16gb/gtx980), but if the gameplay is actually the same as Leftos says, the trend is I pick up the PC version.
senhorxxx

Postby justinpot on Wed Oct 14, 2015 3:25 am

I hate Mondays wrote:I am aware of the fact that he can't solve all of the problems. What he can do ( and I recall he does it frequently and thank you a lot for it Leftos) is to pass the information to the other Devs.

Dear Devs,

Fixed. This post should be kept. We should rename the topic's title or something, make it more formal. We already have a bugs & glitch topic, but some of the problems aren't bugs or glitches. I think this place is useful.

Thread title updated to devs (Y)
justinpot

Re: Dear Devs thread

Postby joosegoose on Wed Oct 14, 2015 7:33 pm

I propose the thread title be changed back to "Dear Leftos", and this picture be put in the OP: Image
joosegoose

Postby Leftos on Thu Oct 15, 2015 2:37 am

joosegoose wrote:I propose the thread title be changed back to "Dear Leftos", and this picture be put in the OP: [ Image ]

I can assure you I didn't put that in, but I might have an idea who did. Someone's getting their lunch money stolen.
Eleftherios "Leftos" Aslanoglou
NBA 2K AI Software Engineer
Visual Concepts Entertainment / 2K Sports

Used to be "That Tools Guy" around here during the good ol' days. Although you probably remember me as your favorite Podcast host.
Leftos
I'm The Pipeline, The Pipeline Is Me
NBA 2K Developer

Postby iamSamke on Thu Oct 15, 2015 3:05 am

joosegoose wrote:I propose the thread title be changed back to "Dear Leftos", and this picture be put in the OP: [ Image ]

:lol:
iamSamke

Postby Patr1ck on Thu Oct 15, 2015 4:59 am

That screenshot is fantastic, and this thread shall be kept. I think it's a good place to air some feedback for any dev who reads this forum, provided the feedback is constructive and not just full of rants. Got a complaint about an area of the game? Bring a suggestion along with it, and why you think it would improve that part of the game.
Patr1ck
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Dear Devs... (General Feedback)

Postby Andrew on Thu Oct 15, 2015 7:43 am

I'll go ahead and sticky the thread, and add a note to the title so that it's crystal clear what it's for. (Y)
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby dwayne12345 on Thu Oct 15, 2015 9:17 am

I think a feedback that I've been hoping for for a few years now is rethinking Shot Tendency and Touches.

Touches - This should not be a tendency. This should be desired touches. The actual touches should be more directly related to gameplan. I hate seeing guys with low touch tendency like Justise Winslow or Noah Vonleh develop into high rated players who never average more than 11ppg in a MyGM because their tendency rating is low.

Shot Tendency should be evolving. No one has the same tendency to shoot throughout their career. This depends on getting the "green light" from the coach.

These two tendencies are so integral to PPG averages/Sim Stats that I'm surprised it hasn't been reevaluated yet. Not an issue for MyLeague but it doesn't work properly for MyGM players
dwayne12345

Postby Barkley_Sixers on Thu Oct 15, 2015 11:12 am

Dear Devs

I just want 3 things, for 2k16 or 2k17

1- Edit Headbands on NBA players

2- Bring back Create-a-team. Not everytime I want to play a specific mode, sometimes I just want to play Quick games with Custom uniforms, Logos and Arenas

3- Legends pool or any other thing to let us play with Legends that are exclusive to MyTeam in other modes. It don't make sense that I can put Jordan, Pippen and Rodman on current Bulls but I can't put Kevin Johnson, Dan Majerle and Tom Chambers on current Suns. They are all players 2k currently have the licenses
Barkley_Sixers

Postby jk31 on Thu Oct 15, 2015 11:03 pm

Change matchmaking in MyTeam Road to the playoffs:

Right now, you are limited in choosing your cards, depending on the seed your in. But why just don't let us use everything in every seed? In FIFA Ultimate Team, matchmaking is done in 2 steps:

1. The game searches for an opponent in your seed
2. The game searches for an opponent with an ovr strength of cards near your cards

Means: If I am new to the game and have just 13 bronze players, the game will search for an opponent with a deck of bronze players, and only if it doesn't find one will expand the search. And even if I'm seed one: If I want to play with 13 bronze players, the game will search for opponents near my deck strength.

I remember last year, I always won my games with a large margin, when you were limited to 3 gold players, because most of the opponents sucked and had no clue from basketball. As soon as I reached the "unlimited" seed, my cards simply weren't good enough. I had a deck mixed of gold and silver players, none of them over 89 OVR. My opponents often times had cards with 95+ OVR. Even if they played pretty bad and foreseeable basketball, still just the quality of their players bailed them out 9 out of 10 times. So most of the times I've lost and was downgraded to the lower seed, where I was again limited to just 3 gold cards and won everything...
jk31

Postby tampy on Thu Oct 15, 2015 11:08 pm

Just fix the damn socks. Every team on mycareer is wearing Stance socks and mycareer is just wearing plain fucking white/black socks. It's been this way since 2k14.
tampy

Postby Kenny on Fri Oct 16, 2015 4:01 am

Dear devs,

I want my Toni Kukoc card. That's all.
Kenny
Thon Maker's Biggest Fan.
NLSC Team Member

Postby Cyber007x on Fri Oct 16, 2015 5:21 am

Dear Dev,

We want the ability to turn of Depth of Field Completely. The option this year either doesn't work or its very limiting. turning to off in options and you still see the effect every where
Cyber007x

Postby miki_92 on Fri Oct 16, 2015 5:53 am

Why is nobody talking how much transition defense sucks
miki_92

Postby ColumbusBobby23 on Fri Oct 16, 2015 7:38 am

Hey Leftos, I haven't been keeping up with the forums too much lately(Busy Playing) so I don't know if this has been mentioned yet or not. Even after the last patch, I still didn't have the icon-pass icons showing up like some of the other players have mentioned. I was using a Logitech Dual Action controller. It's a controller that has the numbers 1,2,3 & 4 instead of A,B,X & Y. In the controls settings and menus the numbers would appear. But they wouldn't appear on the court when you brought up the icon-pass.

Well anyway, I went out today to get a new controller and I went with the Thrustmaster GPX Xbox controller for the PC that has the A,B,X & Y buttons. They now show up in the settings, menus and on the court. So now that I have changed controllers the icon-pass icons are working for me. I don't exactly know why the Xbox letters show up and the Logitech numbers don't. Maybe the needed image file was left out of the game this year? Or possibly a DirectInput problem? I'm not sure.

Whatever the case may be, I hope this helps you guys to figure out this particular problem for the users that still can't use icon-pass.
ColumbusBobby23

Postby Leftos on Fri Oct 16, 2015 7:42 am

columbusbobby23, that helps a lot. I'll pass on the information and try to get this resolved.
Eleftherios "Leftos" Aslanoglou
NBA 2K AI Software Engineer
Visual Concepts Entertainment / 2K Sports

Used to be "That Tools Guy" around here during the good ol' days. Although you probably remember me as your favorite Podcast host.
Leftos
I'm The Pipeline, The Pipeline Is Me
NBA 2K Developer

Next

Return to NBA 2K16