NBA Live 16 Wishlist

Talk about NBA Live 16 here.

Re: NBA Live 16 Wishlist

Postby 22cedric on Thu May 07, 2015 8:03 am

22cedric

Postby 22cedric on Thu May 07, 2015 5:04 pm

NBA Live: Deeper Defense via Kat Bailey @The_Katbot Writer at USgamer. Contributor to Press Row Podcast @PressRowPodcast

http://www.usgamer.net/articles/one-imp ... ports-sims

Everything about NBA Live needs to be better, but defense is a good starting point.
It's really hard to know where to start with NBA Live. To be perfectly honest, literally everything about it could stand to be improved, from its gameplay to its offline modes. But let's also give credit where it’s due: NBA Live 15 was an improvement over its predecessor, which was practically unplayable.
If EA Sports wants to continue making modest gains in the coming year, the best place to focus is on the foundational gameplay, particularly the defense. In its current state, shutting down even the biggest stars is mostly a matter of staying close to them, and steals are far too easy. There is none of the dynamism of NBA 2K, where every player has their own identity and shutting them down becomes a kind of puzzle to be solved (even if NBA 2K has its own issues with canned animations).
Like I said, it's not easy to pinpoint any one thing when trying to figure out how to improve NBA Live. Literally any improvement is welcome. With that said, for as much flack as EA Sports takes from fans, the Infinity Engine is a solid next-gen platform, and there's plenty of room for growth. It's been a long, painful road back from the debacle of NBA Elite, but EA Sports at least has a toehold on the basketball market again, which is more than could be said for them as recently as two years ago. We'll just have to see whether NBA Live 16 ends up being a step forward or a step back.
22cedric

Postby 22cedric on Sat May 09, 2015 10:38 am

The State of NBA Live 16: Collision Detection & Animation Priority

This is episode 5 of The State of NBA Live 16. In this video we will tackle issues in regards to collision detection and animation priority while linking the two

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0lernYR ... e=youtu.be
22cedric

Postby mp3 on Sun May 10, 2015 3:34 am

I would also like to see the cpu/AI make certain centers better play makers like Gasol, Cousins and Noah off the top of my head.

All great passing big men but during dynasty (or 2k that matter) and will average very low numbers in the assist column.
Last edited by mp3 on Sun May 10, 2015 9:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Youtube - mp3 Basketball Gaming
mp3

Postby Andrew on Sun May 10, 2015 8:24 pm

Along the same lines, I'd like to see a hidden attribute similar to the one in NBA 2K that determines the likelihood of a player being a ballhandler, so that players like LeBron will also sometimes take the inbounds pass and bring the ball up the floor, instead of it always being the point guard.

Which also reminds me, the option to manually select the inbounder instead of it always defaulting to the small forward on dead balls would be handy as well.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby [Q] on Mon May 11, 2015 2:00 am

Andrew wrote:Which also reminds me, the option to manually select the inbounder instead of it always defaulting to the small forward on dead balls would be handy as well.

YES, I've been asking for this for a long time.
Also, bringing back the direct pass where you can hold the button to move the guy into the right position before passing will definitely help in inbounds situations, especially in BIG moments where you have to hit a shot from a certain spot.
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Mon May 11, 2015 9:11 am

Agreed. Being able to switch from the ballhandler via Off-Ball Control or holding down pass to retain control of the passer would be good too (and an effective means of attempting a give and go).
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Kevin on Mon May 11, 2015 1:09 pm

They should really really really fix the MyCareer in Live 16. I tried it in Live 15 last night and holy crap have you ever seen a 7'0 dribbling like a point guard? I had 32 points in my first game in the tryouts.
Rest In Peace Kobe
Kevin
Fuck the Celtics

Postby 22cedric on Sat May 23, 2015 10:19 am

The State of NBA LIVE 16 - Foot Planting & The Out Of Bounds Forcefield

This is episode 6 of The State of NBA LIVE 16. In this episode we will discuss the importance of proper foot planting as well as the elimination of the out of bounds forcefield.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a-ig-kn ... e=youtu.be
22cedric

Postby Phreak50 on Sat May 23, 2015 4:13 pm

The forcefield was first introduced back in the Live games on Megadrive/Genesis I believe. And in 3D games I think first used in Visual Concepts' Fast Break 98.

I think it has it's place in video games. Maybe not to the extent we see now but I'd guess it was introduced to allow the player some leeway and mimic what we experience when we're out on the court ourselves. In real life you can tip toe on the baseline and make drives under and around the hoop, but without even a basic forcefield in games, every time you tried this in a videogame you'd step out of bounds. It's that simple.

And while I agree with the second part of the clip about the visible travelling, the fact is, NBA Live 14 and 15 have the best foot (planting) animation and ball animation in the history of basketball games so you have to appreciate that. There is very little warping or clipping. Watching zoomed in and in slow motion shows what a huge achievement it really is for the most part.

The momentum issue is correct though. It's probably the biggest fault with the current animation engine. Players can be at a stand still when receiving a pass and yet take off for flying dunks or other moves. Likewise for the need for more varied and real life type momentum on jumpshots running/falling in each direction.
Phreak50

Postby 22cedric on Thu Jun 04, 2015 8:40 pm

(EP.7) The State of NBA LIVE 16: Signature Back To The Basket Player Style & Post Play Revival

In this episode of The State o NBA LIVE 16 we will touch on the post game and it's level of importance. Also, we will discuss unique signature player styles in relation to back to the basket ballers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i7CO9TSH5i4
22cedric

Postby cmonlt on Wed Jun 17, 2015 2:53 am

create a port over for the personal computer thats all i want
cmonlt

Postby Andrew on Wed Jun 17, 2015 9:25 am

A lot of us do. Unfortunately not happening this year, but we'll keep expressing our interest in a PC version.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Dc101 on Tue Jul 14, 2015 5:19 am

Please make nba live 16 for the pc
Dc101

Postby Dc101 on Tue Jul 14, 2015 6:47 am

Please make NBA LIVE 15 for the pc
Because I don't have a ps4 or xbox one I only play games on my pc
Dc101

Postby Andrew on Tue Jul 14, 2015 8:43 am

Welcome to the Forum! For future reference however, please don't double post like that. It's also far too late to be asking for anything for NBA Live 15. ;)

Unfortunately, there'll be no PC version this year; maybe in the future. The current goal is to re-establish the game and the brand on the consoles, where sports games have the biggest sales. From there, a PC port is something that will be considered down the line.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby itr_k1lo5 on Tue Aug 18, 2015 11:13 am

Man i wan't the ability to Hang of the rim after dunking, say holding down the button until ur ready to release! Tech fouls are fine in this regard too! :D
That's my pet wish.

Realistically i'd love more animations, jump shots, dribble moves etc also some improved post play both offensively and defensively. Look after the big fellas i say!
Just an OG online baller from wayyyy back!
Twitter = https://twitter.com/ITR_K1LO5
PSN = ITR_K1LO5
itr_k1lo5

Postby mp3 on Tue Aug 18, 2015 9:09 pm

Custom rosters and player editing....

Oh wait.... This is still the live 16 wish list isn't it....
mp3

Postby Andrew on Tue Aug 18, 2015 9:17 pm

But hey, worth mentioning at every opportunity, given the circumstances. ;)
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby mp3 on Tue Aug 18, 2015 9:21 pm

True, I keep telling myself at least we have sliders which is one of my major gripes about live 15 but now it all comes down to how dynasty mode is because let's face it as much as it's nice to see the online modes I will spend 90% of my time playing dynasty.
mp3

Postby Andrew on Wed Sep 16, 2015 9:36 am

Locked, since the Wishlist has been submitted, NBA Live 16 is coming out soon, and any further feedback will go in a bugs/issues thread...as well as the official NBA Live 17 Wishlist thread, when we open it.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Previous

Return to NBA Live 16