Delayed free throw input

Talk about NBA Live 2005 here.

Delayed free throw input

Postby Dudlikas on Sat Aug 01, 2015 11:30 pm

Hey there again,

This problem has returned to plague me when I got Windows 10. Whenever I shoot free throws in NBA Live 2005, there's a slight delay after I push the shooting button, and the "crosshair" on the board stops a touch later than I wanted it to. I fixed that problem by running the game as an administrator and setting the compatibility to that of Windows XP service pack 2, but even though I've done the same adjustments, the problem just won't disappear.

I know that it's possible to get rid of it, since I've gotten it to run without this delay problem on Windows 10, but for whatever reason it returned. Anyone familiar with this issue? Tried googling it, and no one on the Internet knows about it.
Dudlikas

Re: Delayed free throw input

Postby Andrew on Sun Aug 02, 2015 4:22 am

Can't say I've ever encountered that issue with any previous version of Windows. I'm not running Windows 10 so I can't really comment on that, but I would've thought that running the game as an administrator and messing around with compatibility settings would get the job done. Any other similar issues with old games running under Windows 10?
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Dudlikas on Sun Aug 02, 2015 6:14 am

I never encountered problems with older games having input lag or so on any OS I've used - Windows 10 included. It's just so weird that this issue is so specific - like, there's no input delay in general gameplay, but there is whenever I shoot free throws.

Again, I've had this problem on previous versions of Windows, but they have been fixed by the aforementioned compatibility/administrative options.

Bonus trivia: changing the core affinity for NBA Live 2005 and making it run on only one processor makes it load super fast, so that's something. The gameplay is a touch smoother, as well. But it doesn't resolve the free throw issue.
Dudlikas

Postby Andrew on Tue Aug 04, 2015 12:18 am

Strange. I don't play NBA Live 2005 regularly anymore, but next time I fire it up to write an article or whatever, I'll keep an eye out for it.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Return to NBA Live 2005