A new beginning in Detroit Pistons: Stanley Johnson comes up BIG in LA

Tell stories based on your franchise and career mode games here.

A new beginning in Detroit Pistons: Stanley Johnson comes up BIG in LA

Postby DarkKnight on Tue Jun 30, 2015 3:51 pm

(NOTE: 1 Year assosciation simmed, in 2nd year)

The Detroit Pistons made major leaps last year, knocking out the 3rd seed Miami Heat in 5 games (and losing to LeBron James and the Cleveland Cavaliers in 5 games), their backcourt of Reggie Jackson and Brandon Jennings was absolutely amazing on the floor together, Stanley Johnson provided a big spark on the defensive end and landed him self a spot on NBA First Team All Defense and used his strength and size to power through defenders to get to the rim and also showed great touch from the mid- range area, knocking down a fadeway here and there, Greg Monroe was the 3rd highest scorer on the team, only behind the Pistons backcourt and Andre Drummond had a great defensive season averaging 3.7 blocks a game.

DEPTH CHART

*ALWAYS Updated

Detroit Pistons Starters

-Brandon Jennings - Reggie Jackson - Stanley Johnson - Greg Monroe - Andre Drummond

ImageImageImage

ImageImage

Detroit Pistons Reserves

- Nick Johnson - Andre Roberson - Kentavious Caldwell-Pope

ImageImageImage

- Noah Vonleh - Brendan Wright - Mitch McGary

ImageImageImage
[center]- Danny Granger -

Last edited by DarkKnight on Thu Jul 02, 2015 5:00 am, edited 13 times in total.
DarkKnight

Re: A new beginning in Detroit

Postby Kevin on Tue Jun 30, 2015 7:59 pm

Good luck with your story :D
Rest In Peace Kobe
Kevin
Fuck the Celtics

Re: A new beginning in Detroit

Postby DarkKnight on Wed Jul 01, 2015 5:14 am

Kevin wrote:Good luck with your story :D

Thanks Kev
DarkKnight

Re: A new beginning in Detroit Pistons : 12-5 going into December, Trade News

Postby DarkKnight on Wed Jul 01, 2015 5:45 am

MONTH IN REVIEW

{}= Rounded to nearest one

OVERVIEW
In November, the Pistons went 12-5 averaging almost {100} points a game and were holding opponents to {93} while shooting 46% from the field, 39% from 3PT and and a solid 76% from Free Throw. The Pistons were also Top 10 in Rebounding and Top 10 in least turnovers per game and Top 15 in Assists per game.

INJURIES
Andre Drummond will deal witha day-to-day Bruised Hip going into December.

NEEDS
With the recent Drummond Injury, Bismack Biyombo has stepped up but OPPG has gone up by 7.0 with Biyombo Starting

TRADE RUMOURS

(Decemeber 1, 12: 15 PM)
According to ESPN Sources multiple teams have interest in Biyombo, the 7th pick by the Sacramento Kings in the 1st Round of the 2011 NBA Draft, including the Sixers, Hawks and Miami Heat and Milwaukee Bucks.

via @ESPNSteinLine
DarkKnight

Detroit Pistons: 13-5/ TRADE NEWS!

Postby DarkKnight on Wed Jul 01, 2015 2:51 pm

[December 3rd] Andre Drummond fully healed, returning to Starting Lineup

The Detroit Pistons C Andre Drummond has fully recovered from a Bruised Hip. While Drummond is only averaging 5 points a game, he is also averaging a steady 7 rebounds a game and shooting 55% from the floor.

This news was given by Coach Stan Van Gundy during the team's practice in Boston

Van Gundy: He [Andre Drummond] could not have returned at a better time, he is our defensive anchor on the floor and we really missed that, you know ecspecially with the team giving up 110 to Sacaramento in a loss and 136 to the Dubs in a win, even if it was in double OT.

Quincy Acy reportedly not happy with the Pistons
Quincy Acy is not happy with his role on the team, even saying in an interview that " I don't have a role on this team" and that he thinks his talents are "suited elsewhere".
Acy has received little playing time, and just barely at the PF due to his backup role to Noah Vonleh but also his size, even if he is 6"7 he plays like a PF and when the Pistons play him at the SF Acy is not a very big threat to other teams' defenses and is not quick enough to guard other Small Forwards and is usually put in islolation against these defenders and forced to guard the Perimeter. Stay Tuned

Noah Vonleh showing true game
Coach Stan Van Gundy was very proud of Vonleh's recent play, saying that he is 'blossoming into the player they knew he could become' when they bought him in that trade with the Charlotte Hornets which also bought Bismack Biyombo to the Pistons. Noah Vonleh just scored 18 Points on 7-10 shooting and 3-4 from 3PT vs the Warriors yesterday in a 2OT win.

Pistons Backcourt dealing
Reggie Jackson (26) and Brandon Jennings (30) combined for 56 points yesterday. Jackson and Jennings shot very identical from the field as well, Jackson shot 43% from the field on 9-21 and Jennings shot 41% from the field on 9-22. Both Guard shot 50% from 3PT as well, Jackson 3-6 and Jennings 6-12. The Backcourt also combined for 20 assists (Jackson,14, Jennings, 6) 4 steals and 3 blocks.

Greg Monroe dominant on the inside
The Warriors simply did not have an answer for Pistons Forward Greg Monroe on Tuesday night, Monroe scored 22 Points and grabbed an astonishing 19 Rebounds as well. The Pistons forward when asked about his performance and what drove him.
"Man, that's just what I do. Battle hard. Nothing easy in the NBA, I go and get everything that's not a bucket. What drives me is knowing that when I get a rebound, it's 2 easy points that you have to earn the hard way. Got to earn it, man. I love that". So does the Pistons head coach, here's what Stan Van Gundy said to us: Look, rebounds win you games. When you have one of you big men grabbing 19 of those, it's a blessing. The Staff are very happy about Monroe's recent performance and attidude lately.

Bismack Biyombo's Future
When Bismack Biyombo was told that he was in some trade discussions this is what the Congo Native had to say about it:
Biyombo: The NBA is a business. Wherever I play I will give 110%. That's all I have to say."
Last edited by DarkKnight on Thu Jul 02, 2015 5:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
DarkKnight

Re: A new beginning in Detroit Pistons : 13-5, BIG win vs Dubs, TRADE NEWS

Postby DarkKnight on Wed Jul 01, 2015 3:55 pm

(OFFICIAL)Trade: Bismack Biyombo and Quincy Acy for Brendan Wright and Arturas Gudaitas.

According to ESPN and Yahoo(Unofficial):

The trade including Arturas Gudaitas to OKC is not official yet and so far nothing has been revealed from any Detroit Piston Official Sources.

Quincy Acy takes to twitter

Update

Pistons verify OKC Thunder Trade and also say their farewells and welcomes
DarkKnight

Return to Stories from the Virtual Hardwood