NBA 2K16 Wishlist

Talk about NBA 2K16 here.

Re: NBA 2K16 Wishlist

Postby PoundedChicken on Sun May 31, 2015 10:17 am

Just a few little bits and pieces here sorted by order of importance in MY opinion within it's category.

Presentation
  1. If nothing else, please add support for Ultra-wide resolution 2560x1080 in-game
  2. Display team/GM strategies which should reflect their background trade strategies, perhaps through Social Media. Eg. "Minnesota Timberwolves trade XYZ for ABC with view to rebuilding through the draft" or "Rockets sign ABC with a view to winning it all this season". It could also come up above the trade screen under "Their Strategy" with a one sentence synopsis.
  3. Tone down the social media. When I see 3 different tweets about the same pointless news item, I completely lose interest. The Social Media needs to focus on quality over quantity, otherwise it becomes white noise.
  4. Allow the ability to skip any and all cut scenes, even if it is the first time - especially the NBA Draft intro (a source of frustration for years)
  5. Allow the option to turn off Qtr-Time and Half-time cutscenes and "ads" for other games etc. I just want to play.
  6. Add team stats for "per 100 possession" basis
  7. Have the ability to see instant replays of really good plays outside of just the end of game cut scenes. Ie. if you go to the instant replay feature, you could be presented with a list of replays such as "1Q 02:34 Kobe Bryant Dunk". Same at the end of the game. With the ability to just save this at any time.

Gameplay
  1. I'd like to see smarter AI management and defense of "stretch-4/5s". If MyPlayer is a 7'1" center with absolutely no shooting ability, he should not be able to drag attention from DeAndre Jordan out to the corner 3. Conversely, Spencer Hawes should drift to the 3 point line, Tyson Chandler shouldn't.
  2. I'd just like to see more strides made in the freelance offense system that was greatly improved last year. The Warriors as an example may run set plays, but they run a very dynamic system where off-ball players react to other off-ball action and provide multiple screens/cuts accordingly.
  3. Add a "Preferred Jump Gather" attribute to players which affects which layup/dunk packages/animations are favoured ie. "one-foot" / "two-feet" / "no preference" eg. Lebron is predominantly one foot, Wiggins is two feet and Kobe would be no preference.
  4. (Bug?) It's very hard to dunk as a big man around the rim. The only time I can really dunk is with a one dribble start. If a big man is open under the rim, he should just go straight up and dunk it. This was fine in the past, but something changed with 2K15.

MyLeague
  1. Continue to make more MyLeague variables and sliders available to the user. Just some examples I'd like to see would be: User-defined Salary Cap; CPU Weightings on Trade assets eg. CPU Value Draft Pick, CPU Value Age, CPU Value 3pt Shooting; Draft Order (Lottery/Record)
  2. Just increase number of trade items to 5 for now to allow more picks to be swapped
  3. AI needs to be more aggressive in matching restricted free-agents eg. I can get Jimmy Butler for 12 mil, front-loaded contract - every team would match that regardless of their strategy.
  4. Have the option to adjust/normalise played game minutes to 12 minute quarters so that Your games of 5 minute quarters don't jeopardise the League Leader stats and team stats.
  5. Probably a bit of a Pandora's box with this one, and I know other's mention this too, but how about traded pick protections? This season I'd turn on trade over-ride to reconcile whether or not the Lakers kept their top 5-protected pick
  6. (Bug?) Scouting Automation appears to be a bit broken. The AI will focus on 100% scouting of prospects with a DE rank in the 100s and only scout the top 30 up to about 75%
  7. (Bug?) Not sure the issue, but after the first season, coaches are unnecessarily fired, ie. I'm just at the end of the 2015 season right now and Steve Kerr (West conf champs), Kevin McHale, Mike Budenholzer, David Blatt (Cavs won title) are all available to hire while Byron Scott has retired(?)
PoundedChicken

Postby Tha King on Sun May 31, 2015 1:56 pm

1. Top 10 Plays, Defensive Plays, Dunks, etc. at the end of the season of Association? MyCareer? And have this man as a commentator https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aTHVCcow7bk this man got bars!
2. A tucked-in jerseys, and a more fitted jerseys. Also if they have a different collar types I hope they can also make a different sleeves types example is Boston, Spurs, & Cleveland uses a thick one then Lakers, Raptors & Heat uses a thin one. I think there are only 2 type of sleeve and if they will also add the knicks type of sleeve which also looks like falls on the thick one type that would be amazing.
3. A more story paths in MyCareer, If you want to be drafted & undrafted and bad and the good guy.
You can now donate to me, to make me more motivated on patching! thank you for those who are supporting me.
Tha King

Postby ThePointForward on Sun May 31, 2015 11:11 pm

PoundedChicken wrote:If nothing else, please add support for Ultra-wide resolution 2560x1080 in-game

Actually, make it 16:3 ratio support.
ThePointForward
Formerly Dommy73

Postby Kevin on Sun May 31, 2015 11:26 pm

How 'bout accurate jersey colors? :D
Rest In Peace Kobe
Kevin
Fuck the Celtics

Postby lidz28 on Wed Jun 03, 2015 4:46 pm

i want to see some mouth piece animations lol :D
lidz28

Postby lidz28 on Wed Jun 03, 2015 4:52 pm

Kevin wrote:How 'bout accurate jersey colors? :D

yup and accessories too,since 2k9 omg are they color blind? lol :D
lidz28

Postby IRoCats on Wed Jun 10, 2015 2:43 pm

NBA 2k16 Current Gen? Who want? :)
IRoCats

Postby Kevin on Wed Jun 10, 2015 3:10 pm

IRoCats wrote:NBA 2k16 Current Gen? Who want? :)
No, thank you.
Rest In Peace Kobe
Kevin
Fuck the Celtics

Postby initiald on Wed Jun 10, 2015 3:25 pm

1. Add prime Tmac with a legit face
2. Add Tmac move and signature shot
3. Add more realistic animation and celebration from Tmac and other superstars
4. Add more retro team. In fact I wouldn't mind if they get rid of Euro Team to save space to add more retro team in 80s, 90s, 00s.
5. Allow 3 or 4 team trade scenario in MyGM/MyLeague.
6. Add C-Web/Reggie Miller/Barkley on the commentator.
7. Use TNT scoreboard.
initiald

Postby ThePointForward on Wed Jun 10, 2015 5:37 pm

Dunno if they switched commentators, but they should send them to rehab. Seriously, in every game they comment like they're high as hell.
Guy rebounds the ball and steps out of bounds: "That should've been the simplest of exchanges."

And refs too... Guy threw down teammate on the floor when going for layup. Literally just grabbed him and pulled him down. No call. On the other side I got a foul when I didn't even thouch the guy. WTF.
ThePointForward
Formerly Dommy73

Postby Kevin on Wed Jun 10, 2015 10:21 pm

I think what they need to do is record more sentences so we won't be hearing the same shit every time and at least make the commentators adapt to the situation.

I'd also like it if they would announce trades,etc. in MyGM/MyLeague.

Example:
If you traded away Ed Davis before the game started, they'd announce it in-game.
Rest In Peace Kobe
Kevin
Fuck the Celtics

Postby ThePointForward on Wed Jun 10, 2015 11:42 pm

They do record new lines every year, sometimes more, sometimes less.

But when you hear it 4 years in a row, you'll be getting a little cotton mouth, dry spell, for sure.
ThePointForward
Formerly Dommy73

Postby Kevin on Wed Jun 10, 2015 11:48 pm

Dommy73 wrote:They do record new lines every year, sometimes more, sometimes less.

But when you hear it 4 years in a row, you'll be getting a little cotton mouth, dry spell, for sure.
ahahaha.
Rest In Peace Kobe
Kevin
Fuck the Celtics

Postby iamSamke on Thu Jun 11, 2015 7:35 am

initiald wrote:1. Add prime Tmac with a legit face
2. Add Tmac move and signature shot
3. Add more realistic animation and celebration from Tmac and other superstars
4. Add more retro team. In fact I wouldn't mind if they get rid of Euro Team to save space to add more retro team in 80s, 90s, 00s.
5. Allow 3 or 4 team trade scenario in MyGM/MyLeague.
6. Add C-Web/Reggie Miller/Barkley on the commentator.
7. Use TNT scoreboard.

1,2,3 - f u (edited because Kevin lol )
4 - (N)
5,6 - (Y)
7 - ESPN one is betterr
Last edited by iamSamke on Thu Jun 11, 2015 11:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
iamSamke

Postby Kevin on Thu Jun 11, 2015 5:50 pm

Hey now, no need for the foul language.
Rest In Peace Kobe
Kevin
Fuck the Celtics

Postby iamSamke on Thu Jun 11, 2015 11:58 pm

Kevin wrote:Hey now, no need for the foul language.

:lol: ;)
iamSamke

Postby mee on Fri Jun 12, 2015 11:03 am

How about the option of customizing a draft class for MC?
mee

Postby iamSamke on Fri Jun 12, 2015 6:18 pm

mee wrote:How about the option of customizing a draft class for MC?

+1!
iamSamke

Postby Alonzo2K on Sat Jun 13, 2015 3:03 pm

NBA2K16 Wishlist

1. Accurate Jump-shots(including pull-ups, fade away shots, step backs, etc.,)
- 2K Sports was unique about making NBA2K15 this year. What they're missing a bit is jump shots. A lot of people has been requesting to update the jump shots and in NBA2K15, some jump shots aren't TOO accurate. The one that people want to upgrade the jump shot of is Stephen Curry. His jump shot is a good preset in NBA2K15(Release: 27/updated version, Jump Shot: 32/update version). Now a lot of people has been trying to change his jump shot a lot and from watching in reality of his jump shot, it isn't the same as the preset given to him in 2K15. That's why this year, I hope 2K brings in a more improved version and show that they could do MUCH MUCH MUCH better than the previous 2K Next-Gen video games.

2. Cyberfaces
- 2K Sports need to have an additional feature when every time an NBA player, for example: grows his hair, his facial hair, etc. I know that did happen in NBA2K15, with the Update #1, #2, #3 and #4, but what I mean is that, when Steam releases NBA2K15 and an update comes out for cyberfaces, or etc. I think they should just update NBA2K15 without having to download the update. Like, have the update on the game when NBA2K is connected to the internet, via Steam. Don't have to download the update, like they should just update the game immediately without having to download the update. It's kind of hard to explain but, when 2K updates, it downloads the update and increases the game up to (e.g. 48gb-50gb)

3. Player Height
- The limited height on NBA2K is only 7'2. I suggest that they should change the height limit to 7'7. It's a really weird wish, but a reasonable statement to this is because some players height couldn't sometimes be accurate in the game. Like, what if a rookie player was added to the roster and the rookie is 7'7, but the limit is only 7'2. 2K should expand the height limitation for more accurate gaming.
Alonzo2K

Postby coffeeandteve on Mon Jun 22, 2015 1:52 pm

Additional wishlist

MyGM, MyLeague, MyCareers
1. As I go thru myGM for 20yrs+, I think I want a menu to see previous years playoffs bracket, to see the league progress and team's past performances.
2. Bring back the trade rumors.
3. Option to set salary cap, or even better a menu to have the option of a scenario for big salary cap improvements (like new CBA negotiation effect) like once in 5-10 years.

MyCareers
1. I am having a hard time to keep up with the recent trade and re-sign. Simply put a menu to show this like in MyGM/MyLeague. It affects my decision in free agency.
2. Play with Custom rosters.
3. Play with Custom draft classes.
coffeeandteve

Postby Mad-Raiiden on Mon Jun 22, 2015 10:51 pm

Only MyCareers stuff, that's the only reason I buy the game tho :
1 - A real MYcareer mode, not a Spike Lee written scenario (or I won't buy it and cry in my bed for a year :cry: )
2 - More team choises in the begining of your career. If you're drafted be able to pick 3 or 4 teams to meet before the draft and explain them (with choice in the dialogues) why they should pick you. Or not drafted like 2k15 (I liked that) more team choices depending on your post, always pick PG and last year nearly all the teams you can choose have a star PG..
3 - More choices for the story, like 4 choices instead of 2. And choose your player personality. I'm kinda a shy, calm and try to be funny anyways guy, so the 2k15 character didn't act like I would all the time.. :oops:
4 - Having a chance to improve your player before the first match who decides in which team you're gonna spend a full season (and maybe more) :roll:
5 - Be way more important in the recruiting of your team (Talk to coach/GM about it, recruit players during free-agency and have the twitter thing usefull)
6 - Better teamates AI
7 - Be able to do the same move than the AI, or remove them those moves, sometimes they do stuff you can't do or defend on :x
8 - Start with custom roster (everyonr want that lol) :lol:
9 - Special Jerseys too (Chrismas, StPatrick and all) they are already in the game, I don't think it's a big deal to put them in MC mode
10 - A longer scenario, I am on the 3rd year in 2k15 and there's no cut scenes at all. And the winning championship one was bad ... :cry:
10 - And more personalisation for your player too,more hairstyles, tattoos (full-sleeved dammit!), accessories (at least more colors for non-Adidas stuff)
Don't forget to check my Crowds Mods Here : viewtopic.php?f=153&t=95670
Mad-Raiiden

Postby GreatKD on Tue Jun 23, 2015 1:57 pm

I only have 1 wish, a physical Copy of the game for PC!!! (GAME DISC)

GTA V did it so its not imposible.
GreatKD

Postby ThePointForward on Tue Jun 23, 2015 2:01 pm

GreatKD wrote:I only have 1 wish, a physical Copy of the game for PC!!! (GAME DISC)

GTA V did it so its not imposible.

Rockstar expected huge sales on PC though.
ThePointForward
Formerly Dommy73

Postby Kevin on Tue Jun 23, 2015 5:38 pm

True. Plus, piracy isn't out of the picture just yet for 2k.
Rest In Peace Kobe
Kevin
Fuck the Celtics

Postby ThePointForward on Tue Jun 23, 2015 5:40 pm

I dunno, my guess is that most of them wouldn't buy the game anyway. Those aren't interesting for 2K.

some stats http://steamcharts.com/app/282350
ThePointForward
Formerly Dommy73

PreviousNext

Return to NBA 2K16