The Friday Five: 5 Limitations With A Sensible Explanation

Talk about the NLSC Podcast, Monday Tip-Off, Wayback Wednesday, The Friday Five, Top 10 Plays of the Week, and our Parsec Tournaments! This is also a section for NLSC and community announcements, and other site-related topics.

Re: The Friday Five: 5 Strangest Complaints About Basketball Games

Postby Andrew on Fri Feb 06, 2015 11:05 pm

February 6th, 2015: 5 Strangest Complaints About Basketball Games

It’s just about time for us to start compiling Wishlists for NBA Live 16 and NBA 2K16. While both developments teams obviously have their own roadmaps, it’s important for us to make our voices heard, and let the developers know just how closely their vision gels with our desires and expectations. To that end, it’s important that our feedback be both detailed and constructive.

Of course, every so often, someone throws out a suggestion or makes a complaint about a basketball video game that’s…kind of out there. Having compiled a lot of Wishlists and taken part in many discussions in the Forum over the years, I recall some very strange criticisms being posted every now and again. I thought I’d reflect upon some of them in this week’s Five, starting with…
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Re: The Friday Five: 5 Memorable All-Star Weekend Moments

Postby Andrew on Fri Feb 13, 2015 10:37 pm

February 13th, 2015: 5 Memorable All-Star Weekend Moments

I was originally going to post my predictions for the 2015 All-Star Weekend in this week’s Friday Five, but Arcane and I ended up discussing our picks in Episode #109 of the NLSC Podcast. So, rather than repeat myself in written form, I’ll simply invite you to go back and listen to the show if you’re interested in my predictions, and talk about something else related to All-Star Weekend.

I’ve instead decided to list five memorable moments from All-Star Weekends gone by. It’s not a Top 5 countdown of the greatest or most well-known moments, nor a list of my absolute favourite moments, as those would probably all be Michael Jordan related. MJ does feature a couple of times in this list – you knew he would – but I’m also picking a couple of other moments that stand out in my memory, and not all of them are highlight plays. Without any further ado, here are five memorable All-Star Weekend moments, that you may or may not recall.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Re: The Friday Five: Top 5 Controversies in Basketball Gaming

Postby Andrew on Mon Feb 23, 2015 8:59 am

I was out of town when this was scheduled to post last week, so I'm a little late in posting it here in the Forum. Nevertheless, here is last week's Friday Five, for those who may have missed it.

February 20th, 2015: Top 5 Controversies in Basketball Gaming

It’s about time that I did another Top 5 countdown in The Friday Five, and I believe that I have an interesting topic for the occasion, one that I’ve somehow overlooked covering so far: controversies in basketball gaming. As video games have transitioned from a novelty into a thriving industry and popular pastime, gamers have become savvier consumers who are not afraid to speak their minds when the product doesn’t meet their expectations, or a developer does something that they don’t like.

Basketball video games are no exception, and the basketball gaming community certainly has no qualms about speaking out when it’s unhappy. There have been a number of issues that have had us riled up over the years, so for this week’s Friday Five, I’m reflecting upon, ranking, and counting down what I’m offering up as the Top 5 Controversies in Basketball Gaming. Let’s begin.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Re: The Friday Five: 5 Thoughts on Derrick Rose’s Future

Postby Andrew on Fri Mar 06, 2015 10:27 pm

March 6th, 2015: 5 Thoughts on Derrick Rose’s Future

I’m back with a new Five this week after taking a break last Friday, the result of an impromptu weekend getaway with friends (and a lack of time to have a column ready earlier in the week). Thanks again to everyone who offered up suggestions for future articles, I’ve made a note of them and will see what I can do with those topics! As it happens, one of KevinParker13’s suggestions was actually something that was on top of my list for last week’s column before I decided to skip it: my thoughts on Derrick Rose’s latest injury.

Truth be told, I’m kind of glad that I pushed this topic forward a week, as news broke following Rose’s surgery that not only offered more perspective, but also optimism. The latest procedure is not expected to put Rose on the shelf until next season, with the current prognosis projecting a return in time for the Playoffs. Nevertheless, Rose is out of action for the moment – as is Jimmy Butler – and there are still questions to ponder regarding his injury woes, and his future.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Re: The Friday Five: My 5 Favourite Number 13s

Postby Andrew on Fri Mar 13, 2015 10:06 pm

March 13th, 2015: My 5 Favourite Number 13s

Another Friday the 13th is upon us, and since I’ve already covered unlucky moments in a previous Friday Five, this time I thought I’d mark the occasion by listing my five favourite NBA players who have worn number thirteen. I’m sure a couple of those players will come as no surprise for anyone who knows my nationality and favourite NBA team, but a couple of my other picks may be somewhat unexpected.

Despite its reputation as an unlucky number in Western superstition, a total of 169 NBA players have worn the number thirteen jersey. Four of those players have been inducted into the Basketball Hall of Fame, including of course the great Wilt Chamberlain. Without any further ado, here are my five favourite NBA players to have worn number thirteen.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Re: The Friday Five: Michael Jordan In Basketball Video Games

Postby Andrew on Fri Mar 20, 2015 10:31 pm

March 20th, 2015: Michael Jordan In Basketball Video Games

This week marked the 20th Anniversary of Michael Jordan’s first comeback, one of the most significant events for basketball fans like myself who grew up watching the NBA in the 90s. There was no hour long special, no social media and thus no hashtags, and no lengthy speeches. No, His Airness’ return to the hardwood was simply announced in two words: “I’m Back”.

Michael Jordan’s history with basketball video games is kind of interesting to look back upon, as it’s a situation that must seem very foreign to younger gamers. The idea that the league’s best player and one of its marquee attractions would not be featured in an NBA licensed game is quite unusual, and thankfully no longer an issue we have to deal with. So, in honour of a milestone that makes me feel old, and in the interest of indulging my nostalgia for both Michael Jordan and basketball video games, this week’s Friday Five is taking a look back at MJ’s presence on the virtual hardwood.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Re: The Friday Five: Previewing Our 20th Anniversary of NBA Live Content

Postby Andrew on Fri Mar 27, 2015 10:21 pm

March 27th, 2015: Previewing Our 20th Anniversary of NBA Live Content

If you’ve been listening to the NLSC Podcast for a while, you may have heard me mention that we’re looking to do some content for the 20th Anniversary of NBA Live. We originally intended to run these features last year – which was indeed the 20th anniversary of the game’s original release – but a few things ultimately got in the way, not the least of which was covering the latest games (which of course remains our priority). However, this year marks the 20th anniversary of NBA Live 95’s PC release, and seeing how PC coverage has been a big part of what we do here at the NLSC, the timing still feels right.

The content, which will start rolling out pretty soon, will be running for a few months alongside our other updates, including coverage of the NBA Live 16 (and NBA 2K16) preview season. While the NBA Live series has fallen on hard times in recent years, a lot of us did grow up playing the games and have fond memories of them, so I’m looking forward to reflecting on the good times, as well as exploring the mishaps, and discussing what the series needs to do moving forward. So, what kind of content can you expect to see? Read on to find out!
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Re: The Friday Five: 5 More Basketball Video Game Easter Eggs

Postby Andrew on Fri Apr 03, 2015 10:48 pm

April 3rd, 2015: 5 More Basketball Video Game Easter Eggs

It’s been a couple of years since I compiled a list of some of the cool things that we’ve found while playing basketball video games, as well as poking around in their files. Seeing as though Easter is upon us once again, I thought it’d only be appropriate to take a look at five more Easter Eggs that we’ve discovered over the years.

Secrets and Easter Eggs definitely add fun to video games, rewarding us for exploring every nook and cranny of the game world, going off the beaten track and trying something outlandish, or on a more meta level, hunting through the game’s data files. Sports games aren’t necessarily jam packed with them – or at least, their Easter Eggs aren’t usually as wild, wacky, or creative as other game genres – but there’s usually something interesting to find, be it dummied out content, leftover files, or something completely unexpected. Let’s take a look at another five basketball video game Easter Eggs that you may or may not be aware of.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Re: The Friday Five: 5 Hopes for NBA Live 16

Postby Andrew on Sat Apr 11, 2015 10:42 am

April 10th, 2015: 5 Hopes for NBA Live 16

As I’ve already mentioned, we’re looking to finalise our Wishlist for NBA Live 16 as soon as possible, in order to submit it to the development team at EA Tiburon along with the community’s Top 15-20 suggestions for the game. If you haven’t added your feedback yet, by all means do so whenever you have a free moment. Once again, the developers are keeping tabs on the Forum, and we do have a direct line of communication to them, so our feedback isn’t just disappearing into the proverbial void.

I’ve already posted my contributions to the Wishlist, but for this week’s Friday Five, I thought I’d outline my hopes for NBA Live 16. With NBA Live 15 making some noteworthy improvements over NBA Live 14, it’s my hope that a healthy amount of my wishes will come to pass in this year’s game. Those wishes include…
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Re: The Friday Five: 5 Predictions for the 2015 NBA Playoffs

Postby Andrew on Sat Apr 18, 2015 1:38 am

April 17th, 2015: 5 Predictions for the 2015 NBA Playoffs

It’s that time of the year again! The 2015 regular season is in the books, and the NBA Playoffs are tipping off in just a couple of days. A few of the seeds weren’t decided until the very last day of the season, and with the West in particular being very competitive once again this year, we should be in for an exciting first round. Since I have NBA League Pass Broadband, I’m looking forward to catching as much of the action as I can.

Now, if you’re a regular listener of the NLSC Podcast, you’ll know that my NBA predictions don’t always turn out so well. However, perhaps I’ll have better luck with a few that I put out in written format, as opposed to audio. To avoid going down as the jinx – again – I will refrain from making any specific predictions about the Chicago Bulls, aside from the one I’ve already made in the Forum. However, I do have a few other predictions to throw out there, while we wait for the postseason to tip off.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Re: The Friday Five: 5 Hopes for NBA 2K16

Postby Andrew on Fri Apr 24, 2015 11:47 pm

April 24th, 2015: 5 Hopes for NBA 2K16

As you may have seen from my bulletin a couple of days ago, I’ve been without power most of this week, thanks to the storms that recently hit the southeast coast of Australia. Fortunately, I’m a lot better off than some other folks in my area: I finally got power on yesterday, though I’m still waiting for the landline phone and broadband to get reconnected. I can get my PC online by tethering my smartphone however, so I’ve been able to catch up on everything, and bring you a new Friday Five.

So, what have I decided to talk about this week? Well, since I covered my five hopes for NBA Live 16 a couple of weeks ago, why not discuss my five hopes for NBA 2K16? NBA 2K being where it’s at right now, I don’t have too much to say about gameplay, or modes like MyLEAGUE and MyGM. It’s mostly tweaks, adjustments, AI fixes, and minor additions, as I believe the product is already very solid in those areas. Having said that, there’s still a handful of noteworthy changes and additions that I’m hoping to see in this year’s offering from Visual Concepts.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Re: The Friday Five: 5 Cursed Basketball Game Cover Players

Postby Andrew on Fri May 01, 2015 11:52 pm

May 1st, 2015: 5 Cursed Basketball Game Cover Players

Around this time each year, we generally start speculating about the cover players for the next edition of NBA Live and NBA 2K. Last week, a report from Polygon gave us something to think about, as leaked images have fuelled rumours that NBA 2K16 will feature three different cover players – James Harden, Stephen Curry, and Kevin Durant – as well as involvement from filmmaker Spike Lee, presumably in this year’s MyCAREER mode. As of writing however, no official announcement has been made.

Although the cover is ultimately inconsequential as far as the quality of a basketball video game is concerned, it remains a popular talking point, so I thought I’d write a Friday Five or two about previous cover players. I’ve been thinking about some of the best and worst cover players, and have some lists to post in the not too distant future, but I’ve also been thinking about superstitions and supposed “cursed” cover players. Basketball players have generally fared better than NFL players who have graced the cover of Madden, but misfortune has befallen some players who have appeared on the covers of various hoops titles. Here are five such players that come to mind.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Re: The Friday Five: 5 Best Basketball Game Cover Players

Postby Andrew on Fri May 08, 2015 10:23 pm

May 8th, 2015: 5 Best Basketball Game Cover Players

In last week's Friday Five, I talked about five players who suffered from the proverbial "cover curse" after gracing the covers of various basketball video games. It was definitely a fun topic to talk about, and I was reminded of one or two other "cursed" players in the comments section. If you can think of any other players who were hit by misfortune after appearing on the cover of a basketball game, be sure to check out last week's article, and let me know.

I'm looking on the bright side this week, as I'm offering up a list of who I believe to be the best basketball video game cover players that we've had so far. I've made these picks according to a few factors: magnitude of stardom, their level of success around the time they appeared on the cover, and yes, there's some personal bias in there as well. So, without any further ado, I present my choices for the five best basketball video game cover players!
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Re: The Friday Five: 5 Worst Basketball Game Cover Players

Postby Andrew on Fri May 15, 2015 11:14 pm

May 15th, 2015: 5 Worst Basketball Game Cover Players

The old saying suggests that you should save the best for last (as does a popular song by Vanessa Williams). In that respect, I’m actually working backwards with this series of Friday Five articles on basketball video game cover players; I’ve already covered the “cursed” cover players, followed by the best cover players, so this week, I’m listing my picks for the five worst basketball video game cover players that we’ve seen so far.

Now, keep in mind that this is all subjective, personal bias is certainly a factor, and when I say “worst”, it’s in comparison to other cover players. Outside of vandalised entries on Wikipedia, we’ve yet to see any benchwarmers join the list of players who have graced the covers of basketball video games. Having said that, let’s get to my list of the five worst basketball video game cover players!
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Re: The Friday Five: Revisiting My 2015 NBA Playoffs Predictions

Postby Andrew on Fri May 22, 2015 11:20 pm

May 22nd, 2015: Revisiting My 2015 NBA Playoffs Predictions

So, here we are at the 2015 NBA Conference Finals. The Golden State Warriors have just gone up 2-0 on the Houston Rockets, the Cleveland Cavaliers will look to go up 2-0 on the Atlanta Hawks today, and most people seem to be expecting to see the Warriors take on the Cavs in the NBA Finals. This year’s NBA Playoffs haven’t been without controversy or criticism – when are they ever? – but on the whole, I feel it’s been a fairly entertaining postseason.

Since we’re down to the final four and inching closer and closer to finding out who will be the 2015 NBA Champions, I thought I’d take a look back at the predictions I made in The Friday Five at the beginning of the Playoffs, and see how I fared. Getting predictions wrong has become something of a running gag for us on the NLSC Podcast, but did I do a better job in written format? Read on to join me in revisiting my 2015 NBA Playoffs predictions!
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Re: The Friday Five: 5 Thoughts Ahead of the 2015 NBA Finals

Postby Andrew on Fri May 29, 2015 10:39 pm

May 29th, 2015: 5 Thoughts Ahead of the 2015 NBA Finals

And then, there were two. After a rather uncompetitive Eastern Conference Finals, and a Western Conference Finals series that was only marginally more exciting and hard-fought, LeBron James and the Cleveland Cavaliers will take on Stephen Curry and the Golden State Warriors in the 2015 NBA Finals. The stage has been set for a fun and exciting championship series between an all-time great who has returned home, and a rising star who has led his team to their best season in decades.

As it stands, we have a little under a week to speculate, make our predictions, and consider all of the questions surrounding the 2015 NBA Finals. Who will win? Will the Warriors run out of steam? How banged up are the Cavaliers? Can LeBron do it by himself? What are some of the other interesting subplots this year? Like every other NBA fan, I have a few thoughts on the matter, which I’m sharing with you in this week’s edition of The Friday Five. Without any further ado, here are five thoughts ahead of the 2015 NBA Finals.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Re: The Friday Five: 5 Thoughts on NBA League Pass Broadband

Postby Andrew on Sat Jun 06, 2015 9:05 am

June 5th, 2015: 5 Thoughts on NBA League Pass Broadband

The 2015 NBA Finals are underway, and if Game 1 is any indication, we could be in for a great finish to another action-packed season. This is the first season I’ve watched on NBA League Pass Broadband, and I have to say, I wasn’t disappointed with my decision to subscribe. It made it a lot easier to catch Chicago Bulls games, and see a lot more of the action than I ever have before, either on Australian free-to-air television back in the day, or via a subscription to Foxtel in more recent years.

I’ll try not to sound too much like a commercial for the service here, and I promise that I’m not being paid to write anything about NBA League Pass Broadband, but as I offer up a few opinions after a season subscribing to it, it may be difficult not to gush a little. I really am very satisfied with League Pass – for the most part – and would highly recommend it to anyone who wants to get as much NBA coverage as possible. So, without any further ado, here are five thoughts on NBA League Pass Broadband!
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Re: The Friday Five: 5 NBA Finals Fun Facts

Postby Andrew on Fri Jun 12, 2015 10:23 pm

June 12th, 2015: 5 NBA Finals Fun Facts

The 2015 NBA Finals are tied at two games apiece, after an interesting four games that have seen beastly performances by LeBron James, a couple of stinkers from Stephen Curry, and the first occurrence of Games 1 and 2 both going into overtime. There’s a lot to talk about: who will prevail, now that it’s essentially a best of three? Should LeBron get the Finals MVP award, even if the Cleveland Cavaliers ultimately lose? On the other hand, if he leads them to a title, is it more impressive than anything Michael Jordan ever did? Will the NBA Store be able to keep enough Matthew Dellavedova jerseys in stock?

All interesting questions – well, perhaps not the last one, so much – and I certainly invite you to discuss them. However, I’m going to refrain from making any more predictions for these NBA Finals in the Friday Five, and will reflect upon a couple of the other questions once the series is in the books and can be properly put into perspective. Instead, I’m going to offer up five pieces of trivia – five NBA Finals fun facts – that I hope you’ll enjoy while we all wait for the NBA Finals to resume in a couple of days. Let’s get started.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Re: The Friday Five: 5 Best Things About NBA Live 16 Coming Out Of E3

Postby Andrew on Fri Jun 19, 2015 10:12 pm

June 19th, 2015: 5 Best Things About NBA Live 16 Coming Out Of E3

As you may have noticed, there’s been a ton of NBA Live 16 news this week, owing to the game’s presence at E3 2015. Unlike the past couple of years, the development team have really been pushing out details, screenshots, and even videos of NBA Live 16 throughout E3, which definitely speaks volumes about their confidence in this year’s release.

For this week’s Friday Five, I’m going to talk about what I feel are the five best things about NBA Live 16 to come out of E3 2015. If you’ve listened to Episode #121 of the NLSC Podcast, you’re probably aware that I’m feeling excited and optimistic about NBA Live 16 in the wake of our first glimpse of the game, as well as all the juicy tidbits that we’ve learned so far. If you need to get up to speed, then I encourage you to check out all of the latest NBA Live 16 news here. With that said, let’s get down to the five things that have me feeling optimistic about NBA Live 16.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Re: The Friday Five: The 5 Stages of Discovering Advanced Stats

Postby Andrew on Fri Jun 26, 2015 11:55 pm

June 26th, 2015: The 5 Stages of Discovering Advanced Stats

With the 2015 NBA Draft in the books, it would probably make sense to write about it in this week’s Friday Five. However, I didn’t follow this year’s Class very closely, so to be honest, there’s not much I can say. D’Angelo Russell was a bit of a surprise at number two, the 76ers probably aren’t as worried about Joel Embiid now, and I’m optimistic about the Bulls picking up Bobby Portis. With not a whole lot else to say – certainly not enough to fill a whole column – I’ve decided on a more light-hearted topic this week: The 5 Stage of Discovering Advanced Stats.

Advanced stats (or if you prefer, analytics) have definitely become more prominent and popular with NBA teams, analysts, and fans alike. They certainly are interesting and useful, though not everyone is a fan. Notably, Charles Barkley is on record as suggesting that proponents of advanced stats are dateless nerds. While I don’t agree with The Round Mound of the Rebound on that one, there are some people who perhaps get a little too wrapped up in them. For your entertainment, I present The 5 Stage of Discovering Advanced Stats; any resemblance to the Kübler-Ross model is purely…well, intentional, if I’m to be completely honest. Let’s get started.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Re: The Friday Five: 5 NBA-Related Criticisms I Disagree With

Postby Andrew on Fri Jul 03, 2015 11:11 pm

July 3rd, 2015: 5 NBA-Related Criticisms I Disagree With

I do want to go back to talking about basketball video games more often in the Friday Five – that’s kind of what the NLSC is about, after all – but I have had this week’s topic on my mind for a while now. As such, I wanted to get it out of the way before new topics relating to NBA Live 16, NBA 2K16, and the 2015 NBA offseason present themselves in the coming weeks.

It’s safe to say that most of us around these parts are enthusiastic NBA fans, myself included. However, just because the NBA is where amazing happens, doesn’t mean that we love everything about the league. While I do agree with many of the common criticisms that are made of the NBA, there are a few prominent issues on which I have a different opinion. Without any further ado, here are five NBA-related criticisms that I disagree with.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Re: The Friday Five: 5 Modes I Enjoyed More Than I Thought I Would

Postby Andrew on Sat Jul 11, 2015 9:54 am

July 10th, 2015: 5 Modes I Enjoyed More Than I Thought I Would

Well! It’s certainly shaping up to be an interesting – and somewhat controversial – offseason so far. Some big names are staying put, a few significant players are moving on, and at least one key free agent has completely changed his mind. I was considering writing about a topic related to the offseason for this week’s Friday Five, with the DeAndre Jordan situation being an obvious frontrunner. However, I can pretty much sum up my thoughts on that in ten words: it was a situation that was handled very, very badly.

Besides, as I mentioned in last week’s Five, I want to concentrate on putting out some articles about basketball video games, since that is the focus of the NLSC after all. The Finals and Playoffs offered an incentive to talk about real basketball, but as we find ourselves in the offseason and waiting for more news on both NBA Live 16 and NBA 2K16, I feel some game related topics are in order. To that end, this week I’m talking about five game modes in basketball video games that I ended up enjoying more than I thought I would. Let’s tip things off with a mode from NBA 2K!
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Re: The Friday Five: 5 Goals I’ve Had for Ultimate Team in NBA Live 15

Postby Andrew on Wed Jul 22, 2015 10:24 pm

Forgot to post last week's article. For those who may have missed it, here it is:

July 17th, 2015: 5 Goals I’ve Had for Ultimate Team in NBA Live 15

As I’ve mentioned in recent episodes of the NLSC Podcast and in last week’s Friday Five, I’ve been spending a lot of time with Ultimate Team in NBA Live 15. Although I’m traditionally more interested in modes like Dynasty, Ultimate Team definitely piqued my interest last year, and this year I’ve been hooked on building my team and playing through various Fantasy Challenges. As I also said last week, while I’m hoping to play a lot of Dynasty in NBA Live 16, I expect that I’ll continue to spend a lot of time with Ultimate Team, too.

In the meantime, Ultimate Team has definitely become my mode of choice in NBA Live 15. To that end, there are a few goals that I’ve set for myself as I continue to play the game up until the release of NBA Live 16 in September. I’ve managed to achieve a couple of them during this past week, but a couple of others…well, I still have a ways to go. For your reading pleasure this Friday, I present five goals that I’ve had for Ultimate Team in NBA Live 15.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Re: The Friday Five: 5 Most Annoying Basketball Video Game Bugs

Postby Andrew on Sat Jul 25, 2015 9:31 am

July 24th, 2015: 5 Most Annoying Basketball Video Game Bugs

We care a great deal about our basketball games in this community, and likewise have high expectations for our basketball gaming experiences. If the controls feel off, or the animations are funky, we notice. It bothers us when the wrong players are scoring most of the points, or when superstars aren’t playing like superstars. If the simulated stats aren’t true to life, it detracts from our enjoyment. In a nutshell, if the gameplay doesn’t feel right, and an acceptable level of realism isn’t present, we’re going to grumble.

However, as with video games of any genre, what really impedes our enjoyment of NBA Live, NBA 2K, and other basketball titles is the presence of bugs. Now, some bugs are small, while other bugs render games almost completely unplayable. For the purposes of this list, I’m focusing on smaller bugs that can be worked around, or only occasionally occur, but are nevertheless annoying. There’s nothing completely gamebreaking here, but still plenty of irritation to be found. With that said, here are five of the most annoying basketball video game bugs that I have experienced.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Re: The Friday Five: 5 Basketball Video Game Surprises

Postby Andrew on Sun Aug 02, 2015 3:25 am

July 31st, 2015: 5 Basketball Video Game Surprises

If you’re relatively new to basketball video games, or at least the basketball gaming community, you may not have much of an idea of how things used to be when it came to previews and interactions with the developers. With all the tidbits on social media, developer blogs, in-depth interviews here at the NLSC and around the web, live streams, and so on these days, we get to learn a lot about the upcoming editions of NBA Live and NBA 2K before they come out. This allows us to be well-informed, and in turn, savvy consumers.

Of course, the downside of such in-depth coverage is that some of the mystery is taken out of basketball gaming. That’s not necessarily a bad thing – with games coming out every year, we want to know whether the latest iteration is worth spending money on – but it also means that we don’t often get to be surprised by something really cool in basketball video games. Every so often though, EA Sports or 2K Sports will announce something that catches us off guard, and that’s what I’m talking about today: five times that I was surprised by basketball video games. Let’s get to the Five!
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

PreviousNext

Return to Featured Content & Community Noticeboard