Ultimate Jordan Roster - Beta V2 Released

Talk about NBA Live 08 here.

Ultimate Jordan Roster - Beta V2 Released

Postby Andrew on Tue Apr 14, 2015 1:46 am

Ultimate Jordan Roster

Latest Release: Beta V2 (Download)

Since a fair amount of progress has been made on the project, I'm spinning it off into its own thread, a la LIVE JAM a few years back.

For those who haven't seen the raw demo in my release thread, the Ultimate Jordan Roster is a special historical roster that celebrates the career of Michael Jordan. It features 13 Chicago Bulls teams and two Washington Wizards teams, with each one being paired up with an opponent from the same season.

Because of the size of of the project, I'm adding to it whenever I can, and releasing demo/beta versions to give everyone something to try out while I work up to a stable release. For more information on the current status of the roster - and how you can help out - please see below!

Current Status

• All 30 teams added. Teams are using their own art files, for maximum compatibility with current rosters (no overwriting files).
  • Some inaccurate team art, but it's usually only a year or two off the correct one, so they're very minor inaccuracies in most cases.
  • All 30 teams have at least eight players. Three players are currently using generic faces, one is missing a portrait.
  • Michael Jordan, Dennis Rodman, and some other players have retro faces/portraits. Ideally, some more will be added. As with team art, different filenames are being used to avoid overwriting current updates/clashing with coach faces where applicable.
  • Teamgear.dbf has not been completely updated, so there are listings for incorrect/unavailable jerseys. Only home and away jerseys are safe to use right now. Shoes also still need to be fixed.
  • A lot of ratings and bio data are yet to be updated and corrected for the appropriate season. It's a lot easier to do that once everything else is in place, but as it stands, the rosters are playable and you'll get a basic idea of what it's all about.
  • I have to sort out what I'm doing with the Decade All-Star teams (some of which I've raided for players) and FIBA teams. For now, they're still accessible in-game. It's one of the things I'll clean up before the stable release.
  • Some of the players I've added do have proper SPEECHIDs. I'll get to that when I'm fixing up bio data.

Included Teams

• 1984-85 Chicago Bulls
  • 1984-85 Philadelphia 76ers
  • 1985-86 Chicago Bulls
  • 1985-86 Boston Celtics
  • 1986-87 Chicago Bulls
  • 1986-87 Atlanta Hawks
  • 1987-88 Chicago Bulls
  • 1987-88 Detroit Pistons
  • 1988-89 Chicago Bulls
  • 1988-89 Detroit Pistons
  • 1989-90 Chicago Bulls
  • 1989-90 Cleveland Cavaliers
  • 1990-91 Chicago Bulls
  • 1990-91 Los Angeles Lakers
  • 1991-92 Chicago Bulls
  • 1991-92 Portland Trail Blazers
  • 1992-93 Chicago Bulls
  • 1992-93 Phoenix Suns
  • 1994-95 Chicago Bulls
  • 1994-95 New York Knicks
  • 1995-96 Chicago Bulls
  • 1995-96 Seattle SuperSonics
  • 1996-97 Chicago Bulls
  • 1996-97 Utah Jazz
  • 1997-98 Chicago Bulls
  • 1997-98 Utah Jazz
  • 2001-2002 Washington Wizards
  • 2001-2002 Los Angeles Lakers
  • 2002-2003 Washington Wizards
  • 2002-2003 New Jersey Nets

I also have a few ideas for some bonus teams to add at some point: the 2003 Blazers and 1996 Magic, to name a couple. They're not a priority for the moment, however.

How You Can Help

Thanks to BAYAG and others, a good amount of artwork is in place as of the beta release. However, a few teams do need to be updated for the season they're representing in this particular roster, and some key players are missing faces and portraits. Therefore, if you can make art updates, and you're keen on lending a hand, it would be very much appreciated!

Here's a list of what's needed most urgently at present:

Player Faces & Portraits

Adrian Dantley (has portrait, currently using a generic placeholder face)
Brad Sellers (has portrait, currently using a generic placeholder face)
Ennis Whatley (no portrait, currently using a generic placeholder face)

Generic faces will be used as placeholders if need be, I just haven't added them to the beta as yet. More players will be added to the roster of course, but that list covers the players who have been created already, and includes starters/key rotation players. The major players are the ones I really want to make sure have a face if possible; at the very least, they're the priority.

Coach Faces

Stan Albeck

Younger Player Faces & Portraits

Young Scottie Pippen (late 80s/early 90s look)
Rookie Charles Barkley (with hair)

Jerseys

Portland Trail Blazers - 1992 (currently wearing the ones they wore up until 1991)

Courts

Los Angeles Lakers - 1991 (currently using a very close approximation; I believe only the out-of-bounds colour is incorrect, as it's purple instead of gold)

Logos

New York Knicks - 1995 (currently using the ones from the '96 season onwards; very similar, will do in a pinch, will replace at some point)
Los Angeles Lakers - 1991 (currently using their present logo; essentially the same as the old one, with brighter colours, will replace at some point)

Versions for NBA Live 2005-07

The plan is to convert the roster for use with NBA Live 2005-07, when it reaches a stable release. When that time comes, I'll need some assistance in converting some of the art files for use with NBA Live 2005 and 06 (07 fortunately is more or less 100% compatible in that regard). But we'll cross that bridge when we come to it.

That's about it for the moment. I hope you enjoy the update so far, and are looking forward to what's to come. If you can lend a hand with some art updates, please let me know!
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Re: Ultimate Jordan Roster - Beta Released

Postby mariulis1 on Wed Apr 15, 2015 3:34 am

Wow what project (Y) Very wait 1997-1998 NY Knicks team. I'm trying to Roster
mariulis1

Postby Andrew on Wed Apr 15, 2015 10:39 am

The 1998 Knicks aren't really in the plans for bonus teams, though I might end up adding another early 90s Knicks team, depending on how things go.

Hope you enjoy the roster so far. :)
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby mariulis1 on Sat Apr 18, 2015 5:55 am

Andrew wrote:The 1998 Knicks aren't really in the plans for bonus teams, though I might end up adding another early 90s Knicks team, depending on how things go.

Hope you enjoy the roster so far. :)

Andrew I understand that it was not an elite team, but for some reason, nobody creates 1998 NYK ROSTER. All created 1996 Bulls 1997 Jazz and so on. I can only hope. Thank you for understanding.

Thank you very much. (Y)
mariulis1

Postby Andrew on Sat Apr 18, 2015 10:22 am

I'd prefer the 1997 team myself; there's some historical significance there, as they prevented the Bulls from tallying back-to-back 70 win seasons, and MJ also had a 50 point game against them earlier in the season. I'll think about it. :)

I would definitely need some help with the assets for that...as I said before, I'm still on the lookout for people to help with some faces, jerseys, and courts for what's in the roster already.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby mariulis1 on Sat Apr 18, 2015 8:33 pm

I can help, but do not know how, (N) to create.
mariulis1

Postby S_Brat on Sun Apr 19, 2015 11:17 pm

nice work!!! id help with faces but as you know andrew im really busy with the current teams updates... there are so many players that need realistic updates.... if there is no rush with this update i wouldnt mind helping once im done with everything...
S_Brat
NLSC CF Patcher
Contributor

Postby Andrew on Mon Apr 20, 2015 9:58 am

That'd be awesome! I'd definitely appreciate it, and understand that current players are taking priority (and that your time is limited). However, if you were able to spare some time to work on a couple on the side, Derek Harper, Adrian Dantley, Tree Rollins, Chucky Brown, Kevin Duckworth, Brad Sellers, Gene Banks, and Kyle Macy (in particular the first five) are a higher priority, being starters. Otherwise, I'll get some generic faces in there as placeholders for now. :)
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Manni Live on Mon Apr 20, 2015 10:42 am

I dont know how im seeing this now! but holy great mod Andrew!,i wish i could help but time is a problem for me.I remember acouple of years ago i made some retro courts for Paxson ill dig into my old hardrive this week and see if i have some still there.

For all my patches for NBA 2K16 & NBA 2K14 Visit http://mannipatches.blogspot.ca/

Flickr Page https://www.flickr.com/photos/99620982@N03/

If your willing to support feel free to donate :)

Manni Live
Y'all spinning around like ballers. Seething with jealousy, I am.
Contributor

Postby Andrew on Mon Apr 20, 2015 10:49 am

That'd be great, thanks. :)
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby S_Brat on Mon Apr 20, 2015 1:22 pm

sure i can work on those... only if you can get me some headshots of them though :mrgreen: finding a good picture to work with is probably the most time consuming part of my work lol
S_Brat
NLSC CF Patcher
Contributor

Postby Andrew on Mon Apr 20, 2015 8:06 pm

Awesome, I'll see what I can dig up. :)
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Andrew on Mon Apr 27, 2015 10:46 pm

As you can see from the first post, I've now got a lot more artwork in place, ready for the next beta release. A big thanks to BAYAG once again for sending along some files, and pointing me in the right direction.

The current list of required art:

Player Faces & Portraits

Adrian Dantley
Brad Sellers
Ennis Whatley

Generic faces will be used as placeholders if need be, I just haven't added them to the beta as yet. More players will be added to the roster of course, but that list covers the players who have been created already, and includes starters/key rotation players. The major players are the ones I really want to make sure have a face if possible; at the very least, they're the priority.

Coach Faces

Stan Albeck

Jerseys

Portland Trail Blazers - 1992 (currently wearing the ones they wore up until 1991)

Courts

Los Angeles Lakers - 1991 (currently using a very close approximation; I believe only the out-of-bounds colour is incorrect, as it's purple instead of gold)

Logos

New York Knicks - 1995 (currently using the ones from the '96 season onwards; very similar, will do in a pinch, will replace at some point)
Los Angeles Lakers - 1991 (currently using their present logo; essentially the same as the old one, with brighter colours, will replace at some point)

There are more players to create of course, but I do have faces for quite a few of them, and that'll cover some of the more significant ones (and starters), who have been added so far.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Kevin on Mon Apr 27, 2015 10:55 pm

Andrew, I was wondering where I could find the logo and court files?
Rest In Peace Kobe
Kevin
Fuck the Celtics

Postby Andrew on Tue Apr 28, 2015 12:29 am

Logos would be on SportsLogos.net. There are some court resources, too.

I've actually just tracked down portraits for Dantley and Sellers. For Dantley, Sellers, and Whatley's faces, it might be possible to use textures from the Ultimate Base Roster for NBA 2K14.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Re: Ultimate Jordan Roster - Beta V2 Released

Postby Andrew on Tue Apr 28, 2015 1:55 am

Beta V2 is out now: Download

Art has been added and updated, so this version should look a lot better. Player data hasn't been updated yet, nor have any new players been added. Additional release notes are as follows:

• Several inaccurate team art updates corrected. A couple of teams are using slightly inaccurate art (ie. a logo or jersey that's a year or two off the correct season), but for now they're close approximations, and they'll be updated as soon as possible.
  • All but three players currently included in the roster have real faces and portraits. Adrian Dantley and Brad Sellers have real portraits and placeholder faces, while Ennis Whatley has a placeholder face and no portrait.
  • Player bio data, ratings, teamgear.dbf assignments, and shoes still need to be fixed.
  • No new players have been added in this release, but all teams still have a playable roster with at least eight players, including all of their regular starters.
  • Active and recently active players included in the roster (ie. players from the 2002 and 2003 teams) have retro faces and portraits. They use different filenames, so as not to interfere with recent season rosters.

Please see the first post for additional details.

The required art list has also been updated (additional notes in first post):

Player Faces & Portraits

Adrian Dantley (has portrait, currently using a generic placeholder face)
Brad Sellers (has portrait, currently using a generic placeholder face)
Ennis Whatley (no portrait, currently using a generic placeholder face)

Coach Faces

Stan Albeck

Jerseys

Portland Trail Blazers - 1992

Courts

Los Angeles Lakers - 1991

Logos

New York Knicks - 1995
Los Angeles Lakers - 1991
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Kevin on Tue Apr 28, 2015 3:48 am

Made the Portland Unis. I still don't know how to fully edit the jerseys but you can use these as the base if you want

Previews:

Portland Unis.7z
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Rest In Peace Kobe
Kevin
Fuck the Celtics

Postby Kevin on Tue Apr 28, 2015 4:19 am

Messed around with Pippen and the NY logo. You can use them as a base if you want :D

Test.7z
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Rest In Peace Kobe
Kevin
Fuck the Celtics

Postby Manni Live on Tue Apr 28, 2015 5:39 am

Not too sure if you need it but i made the 1998 pacers court thats in the download section if that would help

For all my patches for NBA 2K16 & NBA 2K14 Visit http://mannipatches.blogspot.ca/

Flickr Page https://www.flickr.com/photos/99620982@N03/

If your willing to support feel free to donate :)

Manni Live
Y'all spinning around like ballers. Seething with jealousy, I am.
Contributor

Postby Andrew on Tue Apr 28, 2015 10:29 am

Thanks Kevin, I'll see what I can do. :)

Appreciate it, Manni! I don't have any use for it at present, but I am looking to add some bonus teams at some point, and the 1998 Pacers would be a good candidate.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Murat on Wed Apr 29, 2015 11:00 pm

You may use the early Drexler era uniforms for Blazers.

They would fit better.

jokyu actually did a 1992 Blazers set, but IDK where it is.
Murat
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Andrew on Thu Apr 30, 2015 11:03 am

As I said, I'm currently using the jerseys from 1991, which are only a year off. They're fine for now, and certainly better than using current jerseys, but if I can replace them with the actual jerseys they wore from 1992 to 2002 at some point, so much the better.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Murat on Thu Apr 30, 2015 7:38 pm

Portland Trailblazers Classic Jerseys Patch

would this work?

jokyu had done these.
Murat
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Andrew on Thu Apr 30, 2015 11:33 pm

Maybe so, I'll take a look at them. Good find!
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby BAYAG on Sun May 03, 2015 2:14 am

Here's some early screens. still need to do some color matching on the jerseys and add a few things to the court / arena . I was planning on making '92 blazers for my mod.
BAYAG
This game's in the refrigerator: the door is closed, the lights are out, the eggs are cooling, the butter's getting hard, and the Jell-O's jigglin'!

Next

Return to NBA Live 08