Memphis Grizzlies Dynasty-Denver @ Memphis

A collection of memorable stories from NBA Live's franchise and career modes.

Postby -BHZMAFIA- on Fri Aug 13, 2004 6:49 am

Yea I've been waiting on cocobee for a while now. He said he was going to post his sliders and he never did. I might have to ask match_66 for his sliders since he tweaked he's and his stats are realistic. I really didn't turn down the cpu shooting sliders yet, but for some reason they have been missing more shots. I'm going to see what I can do.

Thanks for all the comments everybody and I think I will end up keeping my dynasty now :wink: Expect more updates Friday (Y)
-BHZMAFIA-

Postby Donte Thomas on Fri Aug 13, 2004 8:34 am

SbHZmAFiA wrote:Well I have to disagree because these trades have been mentioned in real life. In cocobee's dynasty he had an all-star team at first so that's not realistic, but it was exciting. I wouldn't have made these trades if the Grizzlies weren't trying to do these deals in real life. The Grizzlies had 4 PG's and they wanted to trade one anyway so they traded Watson (to get rid of one of the PG's), Wright (who they didn't need after they got Dampier) and Battier (who Mullin loves from the Warriors). That's as realistic as I can get because the Grizzlies we're offering the Warriors Miller and Wright for Dampier. So I don't call that unrealistic. As for the Artest for Bonzi deal, the Pacers have been asking about Bonzi since the nba draft and they would deal Artest for him along with other players so that's not realistic either. If I make a trade, it would have something to do with real life issues...

Okay, i see. But yours is exicting. I mean, I read your stuff from start to finish. Even when you were with the Nuggets.

SbHZmAFia wrote:Now, I don't even know if I should continue this dynasty because it seems like most people like the 95/96 dynasties better and every since cocobee's dynasty left, nobody would really visit the page.

Like I said before, i visit yours, and continue this dynasty cause it's nice to see the old teams play that's why i think most people like them. But sorry if i said anything to hurt you man.
Last edited by Donte Thomas on Fri Aug 13, 2004 8:35 am, edited 3 times in total.
Donte Thomas

Postby ntw on Sat Aug 14, 2004 4:03 pm

keep up the good work!
ntw

Postby -BHZMAFIA- on Sun Aug 15, 2004 2:01 am

I have made a few switches to cocobee's sliders. The ones I had were getting too easy so I decided to make a switch.

GLOBAL
Game Speed: 35
Free Throw Difficulty:90
Boundary Force Field:100

USER:
Steal Ability:30
Interception Ability:45

CPU:
Steal Ability:80
Interception Ability:75
Short Range%:70
Medium Range%:70
Long Range%:70

Thanks to the help of PrOPUlsiOn and match_66, I came up with these sliders to try and make the game alot more tougher than what it is. I will updating today so I can test the new sliders out. :wink:
-BHZMAFIA-

Postby thaKEAF on Sun Aug 15, 2004 4:21 am

I know this Off-Topic but what does Boundary Force Field mean in Live?
thaKEAF

Postby Wormy10 on Sun Aug 15, 2004 5:59 am

I always thought that it was the force keeping you from dribbling out of bounds or going out of bounds period....but i may be wrong
Wormy10

Postby -BHZMAFIA- on Sun Aug 15, 2004 8:39 am

ImageImage
Houston @ Memphis
November 28, 7:30 PM
Rockets, 8-6; Grizzlies, 9-4.

Rivalry Heads to Memphis

After 6 days, the Rockets collide with the Grizzlies once again

By Ronald Tillery
November 28, 2004

The Rockets haven't forgot about their embarrasing loss against the Grizzlies that happened less than a week ago. "It has been haunting us for awhile now and I'm pretty sure that the team has been looking for revenge," Rockets forward Maurice Taylor said.

The Grizzlies have been on fire as of late and this matchup should be a fight to the finish. Houston wants to win this game more than anything right now, while Memphis is blowing out opponents. Houston has won their last 2 games. They won those games by a combined total of 3 points.

Tonight's game will be the 4th game of the Rockets road trip. They are 2-1 on the rad trip thus far, and things are starting to look up to them now.

Key Matchup:
Tracy McGrady vs. Ron Artest
The last time these two met, Artest showed McGrady the meaning of defense. McGrady was unable to have a big game. Artest has been playing excellent defense during the Grizzlies 3 game winning streak. McGrady wants to be more of a force in tonight's game than what he was before.

Probable Starters:
Rockets
C-Yao Ming- (1.7 BPG)
PF-Maurice Taylor- (5.1 RPG)
SF-Jim Jackson- (12.5 PPG)
SG-Tracy McGrady- (22.5 PPG)
PG-Mark Jackson- (6.7 APG)

Grizzlies
C-Erick Dampier- (1.8 BPG)
PF-Pau Gasol- (12.2 RPG)
SF-James Posey- (15.9 PPG)
SG-Ron Artest- (19.9 PPG)
PG-Jason Williams- (6.6 APG)

-Ronald Tillery: 555-5555
-BHZMAFIA-

Postby -BHZMAFIA- on Sun Aug 15, 2004 9:02 am

Rockets Took the Grizzlies to the Limit

Grizzlies crunchtime execution helped them to seal the game

By Ronald Tillery
November 29, 2004

ImageRockets-117
ImageGrizzlies-123 OT

Tracy McGrady was on fire in last night's game with 38 points, but it wasn't enough of him in overtime

This game was a fight to the finish and neither team wanted to lose the game. The game was very close throughout each quarter as neither team led by no more than 2 points after each quarter. "This was an example of heart. Both teams played tremendous hard and they showed alot of heart out there tonight," President of Basketball Operations Jerry West said.

Jason Williams was having a terrible night, until late in the 4th quarter where he helped the Grizzlies make a serious comeback. With 1:09 left in regulation, Williams made a 3 pointer to close the Grizzlies gap to 105-101. Pau Gasol and Williams we're able to put pressure on Mark Jackson and forced him to turn the ball over. Jason picked the ball up and got an easy lay up to make the score 105-103.

On the Rockets next possession, Posey and Dampier ended up switching me which left Posey on Yao. Yao demanded the ball in the post as he had Posey on him. Posey flopped and the foul was called on Yao and Posey was able to get the offensive foul with 46.7 seconds. Jason Williams missed a jumper to tie the game with 26 seconds, but Artest was able to get the offensive board. He passed the ball out to Posey for the wide open 3, but he missed. Yao was able to grab the reound and was fouled with 19.3 seconds.

Grizzlies had 1 more foul to give, so they fouled Mark Jackson with 18.3 seconds. Jackson made both free throws with ease, and the Rockets led 107-103. The Grizzlies had 3 timeouts left so they used one to advance the ball up the court. James Posey inbounded the ball to Jason Williams, and Williams found an open Artest for a 3 pointer. Artest made the 3 with 14.2 seconds left to make the game 107-106.

Grizzlies fouled Mark Jackson again after Artest made a 3. Jackson was sent to the line to shoot 2 more FT's. The foul was committed on Williams which was his 6th foul and he was out of the game. Jackson the first free throw, but made the 2nd one. The Grizzlies put Mike Miller in for Williams and called a timeout to advance the ball with 13.6 seconds left. Artest had the ball at the top of the key. He called Dampier over to set a pick for him and Dampier rolled after setting the pick. Artest was able to bounce the ball to Dampier as he got an easy lay up from the pick and roll. The game was tied 108-108 with 6.3 secs. The Rockets didn't have any timeouts and McGrady was unable to make the halfcourt shot for the game winner.

Jason Williams was able to score 12 of his 20 points in the 4th quarter and help bring the Grizzlies back against the Rockets

The Rockets were able to get the tip, but were unable to connect on their first FG attempt. The Grizzlies started to run and Posey got an easy dunk to start the OT period off. Artest was able to intercept a pass from Jackson and on the other end, he nailed a 3 to put the Grizzlies up 115-108. The Rockets were finally able to get on the board with as Weatherspoon made a leaner in the paint with 3:35 left in OT. They were still down 115-110. Yao Ming was forced to foul Artest with 44.4 seconds as the Grizzlies led 119-114. Artest made both FT's to put the Grizzlies up by 7. McGrady made a 3 with 30 seconds left, but the Rockets decided not to foul and the Grizzlies ran the clock out to 11.1 seconds when Dampier made a tipback dunk to seal the game.

Team Stats
Grizzlies
Points-123
Bench Scoring-26
Field Goals-49/101 (48%)
3-Point-8/25 (32%)
Free Throws-17/26 (65%)
Rebounds-48
Blocks-9
Steals-18
Assists-27
Turnovers-25

Rockets
Points-117
Bench Scoring-24
Field Goals-49/77 (63%)
3-Point-7/15 (46%)
Free Throws-12/14 (85%)
Rebounds-30
Blocks-8
Steals-16
Assists-27
Turnovers-34

Player Stats:
Grizzlies
R. Artest-26 pts, 7 rebs, 5 stls, 4 rebs
P. Gasol-20 pts, 13 rebs, 6 blks
J. Williams-20 pts, 5 asts, 4 stls
J. Posey-19 pts, 6 rebs, 5 asts
E. Dampier-12 pts, 15 rebs, 2 blks
S. Swift-8 pts

Rockets
T. McGrady-38 pts, 3 rebs, 3 stls
M. Taylor-21 pts, 10 rebs
Y. Ming-19 pts, 13 rebs, 5 blks
J. Howard-12 pts

Last edited by -BHZMAFIA- on Fri Sep 17, 2004 9:29 am, edited 3 times in total.
-BHZMAFIA-

Postby Riot on Sun Aug 15, 2004 9:05 am

Very nice recap and dynasty Mafia. I'm reading & enjoying. (Y)
Riot
WHAT DA F?!?! CHEEZITS!?

Postby PRoPuLsiOnDJ on Sun Aug 15, 2004 11:55 am

I'm glad you're finally starting to have close games. Guess those slider modifications really work. (Y)
PRoPuLsiOnDJ

Postby -BHZMAFIA- on Sun Aug 15, 2004 12:29 pm

Yea it really did help alot. It was a tough challenge throughout the entire game and I was trying my best to beat them, but they kept doing things to stay close. Thanks for the help :wink:
-BHZMAFIA-

Postby SkipToMy_Lou on Sun Aug 15, 2004 10:43 pm

Great dynasty, how many minute quarters you play on?
SkipToMy_Lou

Re: Memphis Grizzlies Dynasty-The New Generation

Postby -BHZMAFIA- on Mon Aug 16, 2004 6:10 am

SbHZmAFiA wrote:Memphis Grizzlies Dynasty
-Updated rosters with off-season trades and signings
-25 rookies
-9 min quarters
-82 game season
-Cocobee's sliders

Rookies added:
Dwight Howard
Emeka Okafor
Ben Gordon
Shaun Livingston
Devin Harris
Josh Childress
Luol Deng
Rafael Araujo
Andre Iguodala
Luke Jackson
Andris Biedrins
Robert Swift
Sebastian Telfair
Kris Humphries
Al Jefferson
Kirk Snyder
Josh Smith
J.R. Smith
Dorell Wright
Jameer Nelson
Pavel Podkolzine
Delonte West
Andre Emmett
Antonio Burks

It's on the 1st page :wink:
-BHZMAFIA-

Postby -BHZMAFIA- on Tue Aug 17, 2004 8:03 am

match_66 wrote:Yeah Mafia, dont stop your dynasty, its the reason i come onto check the site, unless im posting my own. Anyway i dont want my pics to go to waste :P . Good stuff in beating the Spurs, your team is hot at the moment, btw wats happened to Miller??

Miller is now coming off the bench as a 6th man. After I traded for Artest I was going to start Posey and Artest at the SG and SF spot so Miller was left to be put on the bench. He is still doing well off the bench though.
-BHZMAFIA-

Postby -BHZMAFIA- on Wed Aug 18, 2004 7:55 am

ImageImage
Memphis @ Chicago
November 30, 6:00 PM
Grizzlies, 10-4; Bulls, 12-7.

Four Wins and Counting?

The Grizzlies could be in cruise control for the rest of the season

By Ronald Tillery
November 30, 2004

Jerry West has done what many knew he would do when he came to Memphis. West orchestrated a winning team in Memphis. The Grizzlies are just getting started in their 2004-05 season, but they could be showing a little fury in their eyes.

"We want to win. We are the point now, where we think we can win a championship this season, but I'm not going speculate too much. We still have a long way to go," Posey said.

The Grizzlies have all the key components to a championship team. A star player, a leader, teamwork and depth. The Grizzlies go into the United Center tonight to face the rejuvenated Bulls who now have a winning record for the first time in many years. They are led by their center, Eddy Curry and rookie forward, Luol Deng. The duo has been able to put the Bulls 5 games over .500 and have them 4th in the Eastern Conference. "Both young players have took it upon themselves to help their team win and they are doing a good job of it," Assistant Coach Tony Barone Sr. from the Grizzlies said.

The Bulls are on a 2 game winning streak and were on a 6 game winning streak earlier in the season/ Since going 6-1, the Bulls have went 6-6 in the last 12 games.

Key Matchup:
James Posey vs. Luol Deng
Posey will matchup against a tough rookie in tonight's game. Deng can do it all on the court, but Posey will try to run Deng out the game. Deng will have to keep up with Posey's lightning quickness on fast breaks. Deng will try to put on a series of moves to shake Posey off of him.

Probable Starters:
Grizzlies
C-Erick Dampier- (1.9 BPG)
PF-Pau Gasol- (12.3 RPG)
SF-James Posey- (16.1 PPG)
SG-Ron Artest- (20.3 PPG)
PG-Jason Williams- (6.5 APG)

Bulls
C-Eddy Curry- (1.2 BPG)
PF-Tyson Chandler- (10.1 RPG)
SF-Luol Deng- (16.4 PPG)
SG-Ben Gordon- (11.2 PPG)
PG-Kirk Hinrich- (27-27 FT)

Last edited by -BHZMAFIA- on Sun Sep 05, 2004 2:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-BHZMAFIA-

Postby -BHZMAFIA- on Wed Aug 18, 2004 9:44 am

Grizzlies Recieve A Close Call

Another crunchtime performance from Jason Williams gave the Grizzlies their 5th straight win

By Ronald Tillery
December 1, 2004

ImageGrizzlies-121
ImageBulls-115

Dampier was able to post another double-double

The Grizzlies begin the month of December on a 5 game winning streak. Last night was a close call, but the game was decided by the play of the Grizzlies PG Jason Williams. Williams hit a series of 3 pointers during the final minutes of the game to put the Grizzlies within' 2 points. He was also able to make some clutch FT's down the stretch of the game.

James Posey had a great game during crunchtime as he nailed a 3 point shot with 30.2 seconds remaining in the game to make the score 119-115 and gave the Grizzlies a 4 point lead. Ben Gordon came down the floor to only miss a jumpshot. The Bulls we're then forced to foul Williams with 21 seconds. Williams made both FT's, and he sealed the game for the Grizzlies.

Despite the Bulls shooting 66% from the field and 55% from 3 point range, the Grizzlies still came out with the win by playing smart at the end of the game. "It was another one of those team efforts we put forth for us to win the game. We played down the stretch and the play of J.P. and Jwill were great in the final minutes of the game," Artest said.

Crawford had an amazing game scoring 15 points and dishing out a career-high 18 asts

Posey had a tough time with the Bulls rookie Luol Deng, who ended up with 25 pts and 3 rebs in the game. He made a series of 3 pointers to keep the Bulls ahead in the 3rd quarter and part of the 4th quarter. Him and Ben Gordon each scored 25 points apiece. Williams posted a season-high 28 points in last night's game against the Bulls. "I have just been trying to do my best with the team during the streak. All I can say is that I'm doing what I have to do to make the team win," Williams said after the game.

The Grizzlies G/F Ron Artest will be featured on the cover of SLAM Magazine for this month issue and there will be an article about him and the Grizzlies. You will be able to see the article in tomorrow's issue of the Commercial Appeal in the Sports section.

Team Stats
Bulls
Points-115
Bench Scoring-27
Field Goals-51/77 (66%)
3-Point-12/23 (55%)
Free Throws-1/1 (100%)
Rebounds-26
Blocks-9
Steals-9
Assists-27
Turnovers-20

Grizzlies
Points-121
Bench Scoring-28
Field Goals-45/90 (50%)
3-Point-11/29 (38%)
Free Throws-20/28 (71%)
Rebounds-41
Blocks-3
Steals-10
Assists-19
Turnovers-16

Player Stats:
Bulls
L. Deng-25 pts, 3 rebs
B. Gordon-25 pts, 3 asts
K. Hinrich-17 pts
J. Crawford-15 pts, 18 asts
T. Chandler-12 pts, 5 rebs, 5 blks
E. Curry-11 pts, 7 rebs, 2 blks

Grizzlies
J. Williams-28 pts, 5 asts, 4 rebs
R. Artest-26 pts, 3 asts, 2 stls
J. Posey-14 pts, 8 rebs
P. Gasol-13 pts, 8 rebs, 1 blk
E. Dampier-12 pts, 11 rebs, 2 blks
S. Swift-10 pts, 5 reb
A. Emmett-9 pts
M. Miller-7 pts

Last edited by -BHZMAFIA- on Fri Sep 17, 2004 9:28 am, edited 2 times in total.
-BHZMAFIA-

Postby -BHZMAFIA- on Wed Aug 18, 2004 12:03 pm

Grizzlies Recieve A Close Call

Grizzlies player Ron Artest is recognized in SLAM Magazine for the month of December

By Ronald Tillery
December 2, 2004

Memphis Grizzlies guard/forward was on the front cover for SLAM Magazine for the month of December and there is alot to talk about in this article/interview with new Grizzlie Ron Artest.

Ron Artest:Bad Boy Gone Clean

By Khalid Salaam

Here is Mr. Trouble. The guy that nobody wants a piece and that nobody wants to handle. Well, we all know who I'm talking about, Ron Artest. Artest was the talk around the league about his attitude and all the technical fouls he racked up last season and the year before last.

He now has a new scenery and a new image. He was traded to the Memphis Grizzlies last month in a trade that included former Portland Trailblazers badboy Bonzi Wells who was sent to Indiana. Artest has loved the new scenery in Memphis so far, and every since he has arrived the Grizzlies hold a record of 6-1.

Not only on the defensive end has Artest contributed on, but the offensive end which he has been working on all summer long to improve his outside jump shooting. He has been assigned to the best scorers on each team since he joined the Grizzlies and he has done one hell of a job.

He is averaging 20.3 ppg during this season and hasn't missed a beat since being traded from Indiana to Memphis. When asked about how he is adjusting to the environment in Memphis, he said, "The weather down here is very funny. One day it would be real hot and humid, then the next day it would be like in the 60's and it's a new scenery which is what I really wanted. Being up north where it was cold, just wasn't all for me because I wanted to be able to taste a different piece of the country".

Artest has been searching for a shoe contract from either AND1 or Team Jordan. He has looked at both companies, and he hasn't made a decision on which company he wants to be a part of. During the season, he has been wearin AND1's, but at times he would wear Jordans. "It's all in a matter of time. I will meet up with both companies again next weekend to get some more detail in the contract and then I will be able to make my decision in about 2-3 weeks. I'm not in a hurry to find a shoe deal, even though I feel that I deserve one," Artest said.

Since acquiring Artest, the Grizzlies have been looking to get a championship trophy knowing that they have most tools to winning the NBA Championship. There is still a long ride awaiting the Grizzlies and you can check on them throughout the rest of the season.

I would like to thank cklistie for making this professional cover for me. He did a great job on it, and since I'm not good with using photoshop, he came in to save the day. Thanks again cklistie (Y) :wink:
Last edited by -BHZMAFIA- on Wed Aug 18, 2004 12:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-BHZMAFIA-

Postby Donte Thomas on Wed Aug 18, 2004 12:14 pm

I say he sign with AND1, and where can i buy that magazine. :roll:
no really, nah just playing. 6-1 since artest was traded to the grizzes, 5 words, "don't trade ar-test." ( our test ) hehe.
Donte Thomas

Postby cocobee on Wed Aug 18, 2004 2:38 pm

Nice Artest cover, keep him and you'll win! Great Dynasty. :wink:
cocobee
America's Team

Postby 8-Hype on Fri Aug 20, 2004 9:34 am

1. Did you do the Artest cover? If yes, great deal, man!
2. Where did you get your Boozer Update? He's looking fine.
3. Your dynasty ist great!!
benji wrote:It's getting too sickening to listen to people siding with barbarians

Ty-Land wrote:Watch the spelling and/or grammar or you will have the world against you here
8-Hype

Postby -BHZMAFIA- on Fri Aug 20, 2004 11:03 am

The answers to all of your questions are in the thread :lol:

I would like to thank cklistie for making this professional cover for me. He did a great job on it, and since I'm not good with using photoshop, he came in to save the day. Thanks again cklistie (Y) :wink:

Alcoholic wrote:
Nice dynasty.. where'd you get the Booze from? I like that chest hair!

I think it's Mikki's.

Nice Dynasty!

Thanks for the compliment. I should be updating sometime this weekend because I've been busy with school during the week. Expect an update either tomorrow on Friday or most likely Saturday. :wink:
-BHZMAFIA-

Postby -BHZMAFIA- on Fri Aug 20, 2004 12:22 pm

NBA: 2004-05 Season

Standings (Through November)
Eastern Conference
1. Indiana 12-2 .857%
2. Orlando 10-8 .556%
3. Toronto 9-5 .643%
4. Milwaukee 9-6 .600%
5. Detroit 11-8 .579%
6. Chicago 13-10 .565%
7. New York 9-9 .500%