EA, what are you doing with rosters?

Talk about NBA Live 15 here.

EA, what are you doing with rosters?

Postby Beavis_5000 on Wed Dec 31, 2014 3:59 pm

All kinds of players missing off rosters. I assume you are tampering with their stats? Kyrie was missing of the cavs for several days and is now back with a lower over all rating even tho this is the best record the cavs have had since he has been there and he is averaging 20 points a game.

There are 2 big reasons why you need to quit messing with rosters outside of trades. Number 1, rosters on many teams are missing several players, most star players that people cannot use for days at a time.

Number 2 reason, it seems ridiculous to me to think a player earns upgraded ratings just because they have played good for one third of a season. A player at least needs to prove themselves for a whole season and deep into the playoffs. If they dont go deep into the playoffs they need a couple of seasons to prove themselves as a top notch player who deserves top notch ratings.

On the reverse, I have noticed players who have won championships have their ratings drop because they have been off to a slow start.

In conclusion I think rosters need left alone outside of trades. No player has earned ratings increases at this point in the season nor does any player deserve a rating decrease.
Beavis_5000

Re: EA, what are you doing with rosters?

Postby Kevin on Thu Jan 01, 2015 3:42 am

wtf did I just read?

Of course players' ratings needed to increase if they are playing really well this season! It is called "DEVELOPMENT". DO you know that? They can actually get better or got better this season or maybe just a couple of games but that's what it is. If, for example, Wroten or Covington had back-to-back 20 point nights by either their 3 point shooting or their mid-range shots, then they deserve a boost in their ratings and tendencies.

On what you said about the players "who have won championships have their ratings drop because they have been off a slow start", well let me tell you this, they are AGING and they need REST so that when the key games are played, they are not exhausted and all that. They are playing "badly" because of it. Since almost everyone of the Big 3 of the Spurs are resting...

I mean, yeah some players are missing in the roster, I'll give you that but, you're dead wrong. As a roster maker, I call what you are doing here, a fanboy guesstimation.
Rest In Peace Kobe
Kevin
Fuck the Celtics

Postby Beavis_5000 on Thu Jan 01, 2015 5:02 am

Maybe it is a "fanboy guesstimation" (whatever that is). But I've played Live since 95, followed the NBA since who knows when (89 probably), and have played basketball my whole life.

I may not know exactly what is going on with technical side of things when it comes to rosters but i know all about the game of basketball and the game of NBA Live. And just because someone has a few 20 point games doesn't prove anything besides the fact they had a good game (especially in the NBA).

There should be at most one tweak at mid season for players who sustain a high level of play up to that point and then again at the end of the regular season and lastly after the season is over. Three roster updates at most. ESPECIALLY because of all the trouble it seems to cause.

You may prefer the constant updates on rosters, and I understand that. If they could hot fix these things in without all the issues I wouldn't disagree as strongly. But by the time they mess with the rosters and update a player on a hot streak then said players hot streak could be over. Then we have a player in game who has an undeserved high rating.

If they could do it daily with no ill effects then sure I agree with you KevinParker. But this isn't the case.

Players are missing off rosters for a week at a time and I think having the players people want to use available to play with is more important than giving ratings boosts to players who may or may not deserve them.

The constant updates wouldn't be bad if they could implement it without these issues but I personally wouldMUCH, MUCH rather go into a game knowing all the players will be there on which ever team I select.
Beavis_5000

Postby Andrew on Thu Jan 01, 2015 8:20 pm

The situation with missing players is concerning, and hopefully they sort that out. As for the ratings changes, it's something that they need to be careful with, because a small sample size can lead to players being grossly overrated or underrated. I don't think that's an issue though; the changes they've been making are logical based on current and sustained performance.

I think far more people would be frothing at the mouth if they waited until the end of the season to update player ratings.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Beavis_5000 on Fri Jan 02, 2015 9:15 am

Andrew wrote:The situation with missing players is concerning, and hopefully they sort that out. As for the ratings changes, it's something that they need to be careful with, because a small sample size can lead to players being grossly overrated or underrated. I don't think that's an issue though; the changes they've been making are logical based on current and sustained performance.

I think far more people would be frothing at the mouth if they waited until the end of the season to update player ratings.

I would be fine with the constant player updates if it wasn't for the issue of missing players (assuming the two are related). I can't be the only one who would rather have full rosters than constant updates. It seems like it would make people more upset to not even have the players they want updated available to play with.

I can see how it wouldn't bother those who play mostly LUT, MyPLayer or Dynasty because players don't show up missing in those modes. I play mostly Head 2 Head and if I want to play with the Cavs then LeBron, Shawn Marion and Kevin Love are gone. The Thunder? Durant is gone. Spurs have no Tony Parker. Have fun without Jabari Parker if you like the Bucks.

The other day the Cavs still had Love and was only missing Lebron and Marion. I played the Spurs and they were missing Parker. I beat the dude but felt like it was a bad win because they were missing Parker and did not have their whole team.

For people who play online competitively it is more important to have full rosters. My main team, the Cavs, has three players missing that I start. Love, James and Marion. Sure I can still beat most people I play without these three but that is not good enough because if I run into a good player who is on their game and running with a team like the Spurs or Clippers I could be in big trouble.

Luckily there are a few other teams I can use and not miss a step but I still enjoy using the Cavs way more. I switch it up every now and then any way but like I said I prefer the Cavs so the game has been less enjoyable for me the past few days.

If the masses truly prefer the constant updates instead then so be it. It isn't neccessarily a game breaker for me. But I highly doubt Thunder, Cavs, Spurs, Bucks (and many other teams) fans enjoy missing the best players off their team.
Beavis_5000

Postby Andrew on Fri Jan 02, 2015 9:28 am

I agree. I understand what they're trying to do with the active rosters, but without any options to override or customise the rosters ourselves, it's very limiting.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Return to NBA Live 15