Patch #2 Out Now (PS4, X1)

Talk about NBA Live 15 here.

Patch #2 Out Now (PS4, X1)

Postby Andrew on Sat Dec 13, 2014 9:49 am

The second title update for NBA Live 15 is out now on PlayStation 4, and should be available soon on Xbox One.

UPDATE: Apparently it's out now on X1. Any word to the contrary, please let me know.

The release notes are as follows:

NEW PLAYER HEAD SCANS

Added 15 scanned player heads including:

• Noah Vonleh
  • Shabazz Napier
  • Gary Harris
  • Elfrid Payton
  • Zach LaVine
  • Dario Saric
  • James Young
  • Nik Stauskas
  • T.J. Warren
  • Doug McDermott

CHRISTMAS DAY UNIFORMS

Added uniforms that teams will wear on Christmas Day

LIVE ULTIMATE TEAM

More than 50 bug fixes, as well as an improved interface for LUT Fantasy Challenges. Also added Quicksell Value view to Items, as well as Pack Bundles.

THREE-POINT SHOOTING

Adjustments to three-point shooting percentage and effectiveness, for both CPU and User controlled teams.

CONTESTED LAYUPS

Tuned collisions and contests when driving the lane and going up for a layup for more varied results. Expect more misses if there is heavy contact in the paint.

SIGNATURE JUMPERS AND FREE THROW ROUTINES

Added more authentic shooting animations for players around the league.

SHOT TIMING

We’ve made timing for releasing your shot more forgiving for both online and offline play. Now, the timing feels more natural and predictable.

BALL TRAJECTORY AND PHYSICS

Tuned the shot arc and rim physics for more organic shot types and results. Gone are the days where every made three-pointer is a swish.

DEFENSIVE BITE AND PUMP FAKE ANIMATIONS

Players will recover much quicker and have better overall positioning while defending dribble moves and fakes.

INBOUND PLAYS

Tuned the AI during inbound plays to be more responsive and initiate more movement.

SHOT FEEDBACK METER

Enhanced the feedback system to include your player’s rating for that particular shot type and whether you were open or not.

INVISIBLE BOUNDARIES

Cleaned up some of the invisible boundary issues when moving along the baseline with the ball.

STEAL ATTEMPTS

Tuned stealing to address spamming issues with results in more fouls being called.

END OF GAME AI

Address late game AI issues where players would not react or respond naturally – often causing them to dribble the ball out or not attempt a shot with the clock winding down.

INTENTIONAL FOUL

Adjusted the intentional foul animation to address player warping issues.

Enhancements have also been made to Synergy updates and integration:

We also received some questions from fans about how the update is affecting rosters.

Synergy tendencies have always been a part of making NBA LIVE play like the real deal, and today we’ve added some new features to make the integration even better.

Synergy feeds us roster data every day so lineups reflect the real world:

• We reflect the last game played. That’s sometimes that can be two or three nights ago.
  • All players are always available in Dynasty, Rising Star and Ultimate Team
  • If a particular player didn’t dress, he will not show up in the lineup when entering Play Now (Both Offline and Online)
  • If a player DNP but was on the bench, he’ll be available (unless there were 12 active players who played in the game, then DNP won’t be in the lineup).

This allows us to be in lockstep with the NBA, and always reflects the actual starting lineups on a day-to-day basis.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Re: Patch #2 Out Now (PS4)

Postby [Q] on Sat Dec 13, 2014 11:54 am

Payton gets a fro.

I think Taj Gibson could use a face. One of the few faces that don't really look like the actual player.

They really seemed to try to touch on the issues that most people complained about and I am curious to see how the contested layups tweak will improve the game. (Y)
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby thelegend23 on Sat Dec 13, 2014 2:28 pm

I really hope nba live continue to improve (Y) graphics are amazing specially the court and shoes, all they need now is to improve gameplay, animation, sig shot for every players.
thelegend23

Postby Beavis_5000 on Sat Dec 13, 2014 3:14 pm

Are these tweaks for 2015? If so it looks like they made jacking three's a bit easier but made attacking the basket and playing real basketball less effective.

I have no issue with more misses on contested lay ups but lets not support horrible basketball by encouraging ridiculous jacking up of three pointers. It was already bad enough as was.
Beavis_5000

Postby Andrew on Sat Dec 13, 2014 3:21 pm

Yes, NBA Live 15. Not sure why I typed NBA Live 14 in the first post, but I've fixed that now.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Beavis_5000 on Sat Dec 13, 2014 3:31 pm

Andrew wrote:Yes, NBA Live 15. Not sure why I typed NBA Live 14 in the first post, but I've fixed that now.

Okay thank you. I look forward to the challenge of having more scrubs rain down poorly taken three's on me lol.

And by the way, I am in no way saying everyone who shoots a lot of 3's is a scrub. I've had my arse handed to me by a dude who set up nice shots and I just didn't have an answer. He was just playing good basketball.

Nonetheless, the people who jack up three's (who seem to be the large majority for some reason) should be happy.
Beavis_5000

Postby Phreak50 on Sat Dec 13, 2014 3:39 pm

That last bit about the rosters is such a negative thing for a sports game.

Surely EA could have two options for rosters, manual and auto-updated.

As it stands, if you log in today, choose a quick game to see how Lebron looks in the Xmas jersey... you simply can't.

He sat the previous game in real life so when choosing the Cavs, he is out and not even available on the bench or the inactive list.

Same for half the Spurs team.

It means very little that all players are available in Dynasty and Ultimate Team. Many gamers would likely prefer to just turn their console on and play a quick game.

How in 2014, we have a sports game without such a manual roster option is mind boggling.
Phreak50

Postby Beavis_5000 on Sat Dec 13, 2014 3:44 pm

Phreak50 wrote:That last bit about the rosters is such a negative thing for a sports game.

Surely EA could have two options for rosters, manual and auto-updated.

As it stands, if you log in today, choose a quick game to see how Lebron looks in the Xmas jersey... you simply can't.

He sat the previous game in real life so when choosing the Cavs, he is out and not even available on the bench or the inactive list.

Same for half the Spurs team.

It means very little that all players are available in Dynasty and Ultimate Team. Many gamers would likely prefer to just turn their console on and play a quick game.

How in 2014, we have a sports game without such a manual roster option is mind boggling.

Is this online play in which you speak of?
Beavis_5000

Postby Andrew on Sat Dec 13, 2014 4:08 pm

There's two schools of thought when it comes to that approach the rosters, because I think there is value in reflecting the most recent line-ups. For what it's worth, they are updating within an hour of the game finishing, so LeBron is back in the line-up in the game now.

A better compromise would be to allow us to customise the line-ups and re-activate those players for Tip Off games if desired.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Phreak50 on Sat Dec 13, 2014 4:14 pm

Not sure about online Beavis.

But if you play a basic, run of the mill quick game you have no option but to use the current real life rosters. It's just silly. Quick games should not be affected by any real life injuries. That's what season, dynasty modes are for.

... if we choose that way at least.

So right now, if your favourite player goes down in real life with a season ending injury, you will never be able to play as him in a quick game.

That is a huge oversight. We pay $60 ($100 where I am) for these games, we should have the option to use real life rosters or not.
Phreak50

Postby Andrew on Sat Dec 13, 2014 4:31 pm

Dynasty shouldn't necessarily be affected by real life injuries, either.

Ideally, the option should be there for all modes. Even if they're out of the line-up by default for Tip Off, you should be able to change the line-up and bring them back in before the game starts. I understand what they're going for, and it's a good idea in theory, but doesn't work out as well without customisation options.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby ThaLiveKing on Sat Dec 13, 2014 5:12 pm

I played a game and a half when I got home, the percentages are on point, much more balanced (Xbox One), I don't have the official patch yet, but I'm noticing difference in a lot of things such as animations in the paint, and much quicker game play, smoother game play, something had to update, I hope the patch is out when I get up, cause my experience in those games and a half were pretty nice and realistic. I play 8 min quarters!!
ThaLiveKing

Postby Venoms on Sat Dec 13, 2014 6:01 pm

how about the coaches,.....they have new scanned also,.....like steve kerr....
Venoms

Postby [Q] on Sat Dec 13, 2014 6:32 pm

Phreak50 wrote:Not sure about online Beavis.

But if you play a basic, run of the mill quick game you have no option but to use the current real life rosters. It's just silly. Quick games should not be affected by any real life injuries. That's what season, dynasty modes are for.

... if we choose that way at least.

So right now, if your favourite player goes down in real life with a season ending injury, you will never be able to play as him in a quick game.

That is a huge oversight. We pay $60 ($100 where I am) for these games, we should have the option to use real life rosters or not.

Yeah that sucked in Live 10 when I couldn't play as CP3 in Live run because he was hurt until after the season was over and they brought everyone back from injury.

Also, I played some UT today and although contested layups were missing more (which is nice) the easy buckets I used to get off of playing good defense are missing too. I got annihilated twice by that Celtics legend team. Very frustrating. Reminds me of stuff I hated about 2k. And a lot of these layups and dunks are getting blocked now too. I played the challenge against an all pg team and they outblocked me 6-2. Seems a lit more difficult to play competitively with bad bronze players

Also, green wide open great release 3s are missing more too, which is bullshit because the computer is still hitting theirs on the other end. Didn't notice smoother shot animations as advertised but noticed a ton of new animations including new free throw animations.

Oh and tonight I had 2 shots hit the back of the backboard which never happened until the update.
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby maumau78 on Sat Dec 13, 2014 9:03 pm

Had a game post patch (PS4) Cavs vs Nets......really see difference....

- shoot % are down and more realistic
- lighting seems better
- game is more fluid and responsive
- see a couple of huge block
- all star game jersey are in

hope to have another patch just to improve other game areas.....but we're on the right track EA :applaud:
"I open at the close"

Dumbledore

You like my works? Support me! Donations Link Below:
https://paypal.me/maumau78mods
https://twitter.com/MauroAnceschi
https://www.youtube.com/user/anceschmau78/videos
maumau78
Contributor
Contributor

Postby [Q] on Sun Dec 14, 2014 2:37 am

maumau78 wrote:- all star game jersey are in

Where do you see those?
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby maumau78 on Sun Dec 14, 2014 2:43 am

I did play a quick game ASW vs ASE......the preview shows old sleeved jerseys....but ingame you'll have the white and black jerseys :o

sort of bug I think...BTW I love those all star jerseys ^_^

"I open at the close"

Dumbledore

You like my works? Support me! Donations Link Below:
https://paypal.me/maumau78mods
https://twitter.com/MauroAnceschi
https://www.youtube.com/user/anceschmau78/videos
maumau78
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Andrew on Mon Dec 15, 2014 11:41 am

Good looking out on the All-Star jerseys. (Y)
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby ThaLiveKing on Mon Dec 15, 2014 2:23 pm

maumau78 wrote:I did play a quick game ASW vs ASE......the preview shows old sleeved jerseys....but ingame you'll have the white and black jerseys :o

sort of bug I think...BTW I love those all star jerseys ^_^

[ Image ]
[ Image ]
[ Image ]

Microsoft is slacking, I need this update in my life
ThaLiveKing

Postby Venoms on Tue Dec 16, 2014 10:10 am

any news from X1 update...... :(
Venoms

Postby Andrew on Tue Dec 16, 2014 10:15 am

I can't confirm as I'm on PS4, but it doesn't sound like it. The X1 version of NBA 2K15 hasn't received its latest patch either, so it seems like Microsoft are dragging their feet at the moment.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby [Q] on Tue Dec 16, 2014 12:55 pm

I don't know if anything's changed or if I adjusted but it seems to be playing a little better. There's that cool block off the backboard animation added. I don't like that there are now instances where shots go off the back of the backboard or off the bottom of the rim now. Seems like they really focused on contested shot ratings as there's more missed open 3s and layups by players with low ratings
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Tue Dec 16, 2014 1:51 pm

The shooting percentages are feeling more realistic, layups less cheesy. I got a nice block off the board as well, a powerful swat.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Venoms on Wed Dec 17, 2014 5:10 am

:( x1 update? still...no! :(

no news?... :( what happen? :?
Venoms

Postby Andrew on Wed Dec 17, 2014 8:32 am

Seems to be a hold up with Microsoft, given the same thing is happening with NBA 2K15's patch.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Next

Return to NBA Live 15