Sixers [33-15] - Exum leads Sixers to solid win against Nuggets

Tell stories based on your franchise and career mode games here.

Re: Sixers - 2015 NBA Champions crowned

Postby mp3 on Sun Dec 07, 2014 8:41 pm

Such a quick season gone by there mate!

Looking forward to the off season, draft and free agency
Youtube - mp3 Basketball Gaming
mp3

Postby Phil89 on Sun Dec 07, 2014 10:09 pm

Yeah, usually it takes me several months to get through a season. But because this team was so poor I decided it would be easier to sim most of the games. Otherwise I probably would have rage quit after a few too many losses :lol:

I think it worked out well because I got to know my players fairly well during the games I did play, and now I can strengthen my team in the off-season.

I'm not even 100% sure who the free agents are, but I hope I can sign at least one quality player to improve me team.
My Stories
LIVE 10 - Thunder I, Thunder II
2K13 - Wizards / 2K15 - Sixers / 2K16 - Sixers / 2K17 - Suns / 2K19 - Thunder
Phil89

Postby Kevin on Sun Dec 07, 2014 10:13 pm

You should've just played more games by yourself. 31 wins is too much.
Rest In Peace Kobe
Kevin
Fuck the Celtics

Postby Phil89 on Mon Dec 08, 2014 12:47 am

The worst team in the league won 27 games and no-one reached 60 wins. Given how even the league was this season I'd say 31 wins is about right. You have to remember that in real life Embiid isn't playing.

I did have a lot of games against crappy eastern conference teams. Plus I won 5 of my last 7, which skewed the final tally a bit.
My Stories
Phil89

Postby Cruzerr on Mon Dec 08, 2014 2:37 am

LeBron bringin it in for the Cavs. I am more surprised that Memphis made it so far, beating SAS, OKC and POR. You got through the season pretty fast, I guess simming does help. :P

I honestly believe that if you actually want to be successful next season, MCW has to start scoring heavy and be a bigger factor than he was. However, if you make good moves during the off-season, who knows how you will preform next season.
"Say whatever you want, m*therf*cker. Just say my name"
Cruzerr

Postby Phil89 on Mon Dec 08, 2014 12:33 pm

Cruzerr wrote:LeBron bringin it in for the Cavs. I am more surprised that Memphis made it so far, beating SAS, OKC and POR. You got through the season pretty fast, I guess simming does help. :P

I honestly believe that if you actually want to be successful next season, MCW has to start scoring heavy and be a bigger factor than he was. However, if you make good moves during the off-season, who knows how you will preform next season.

It really shocked me when I saw the Grizzlies make it so far. It was kinda cool though to see Vince Carter lead an underdog team to the finals in his last season.

The problem with MCW is that he isn't a consistent shooter and he isn't fast enough to get past defenders, so I have to use him as an assist guy. I'm gonna send him to a shooting training camp and hope he improves a bit for next season.
My Stories
Phil89

Postby Phil89 on Mon Dec 08, 2014 12:34 pm

15/6/15

Three Hall of Fame inductees headline 2015 retirements

It was a sad day for the NBA as three of it's favourite sons of the past couple of decades called time on their illustrious careers. Kevin Garnett, Steve Nash and Vince Carter between them have around 68.5k points, 24.2k rebounds, 20.6k assists, 4.1k steals and 2.8k blocks. Thirty-one All-Star appearances, three Most Valuable Player awards and a championship in 2008 for Garnett are just some of the achievements that these three players can boast.

2015 Retirements

Hall of Fame Inductees

25,986 points - 14,484 rebounds - 5,396 assists - 1,846 steals - 1,988 blocks

Pick 5 - 1995 Draft

_______________Teams
1995–2007 - Minnesota Timberwolves
2007–2013 - Boston Celtics
2013–2015 - Brooklyn Nets

Achievements
NBA champion (2008)
NBA Most Valuable Player (2004)
15× NBA All-Star (1997–1998, 2000–2011, 2013)
NBA All-Star Game MVP (2003)
4× All-NBA First Team (2000, 2003–2004, 2008)
3× All-NBA Second Team (2001–2002, 2005)
2× All-NBA Third Team (1999, 2007)
NBA Defensive Player of the Year (2008)
9× NBA All-Defensive First Team (2000–2005, 2008–2009, 2011)
3× NBA All-Defensive Second Team (2006–2007, 2012)
NBA All-Rookie Second Team (1996)
J. Walter Kennedy Citizenship Award (2006)
4× NBA rebounding champion (2004–2007)
Minnesota Timberwolves all-time leading scorer

Ranking in NBA history: 14th in points, 8th in rebounds, 47th in assists, 16th in steals, 19th in blocks.

18,056 points - 3,767 rebounds - 10,782 assists - 909 steals - 130 blocks

Pick 15 - 1996 Draft

_______________Teams
1996–1998 - Phoenix Suns
1998–2004 - Dallas Mavericks
2004–2012 - Phoenix Suns
2012–2015 - Los Angeles Lakers

Achievements
2× NBA Most Valuable Player (2005–2006)
8× NBA All-Star (2002–2003, 2005–2008, 2010, 2012)
3× All-NBA First Team (2005–2007)
2× All-NBA Second Team (2008, 2010)
2× All-NBA Third Team (2002–2003)
2× NBA Skills Challenge champion (2005, 2010)
5× NBA assists leader (2005–2007, 2010–2011)
4× 50–40–90 club (2006, 2008–2010)
J. Walter Kennedy Citizenship Award (2007)
FIBA Americas Championship MVP (2003)
Lou Marsh Trophy (2004)
3× Lionel Conacher Award (2002, 2005–2006)

Ranking in NBA history: 62nd in points, 3rd in assists, 195th in steals.

24,477 points - 6,027 rebounds - 4,428 assists - 1,353 steals - 738 blocks

Pick 5 - 1998 Draft

_______________Teams
1998–2004 - Toronto Raptors
2004–2009 - New Jersey Nets
2009–2010 - Orlando Magic
2010–2011 - Phoenix Suns
2011–2014 - Dallas Mavericks
2014–2015 - Memphis Grizzlies

Achievements
8× NBA All-Star (2000–2007)
All-NBA Second Team (2001)
All-NBA Third Team (2000)
NBA Rookie of the Year (1999)
NBA All-Rookie First Team (1999)
NBA Slam Dunk Contest champion (2000)

Ranking in NBA history: 22nd in points, 155th in rebounds, 73rd in assists, 55th in steals, 142nd in blocks.
My Stories
Phil89

Re: Sixers - 2015 Retirements

Postby Phil89 on Mon Dec 08, 2014 3:11 pm

20/6/15

2015 Draft Lottery

Lottery Chances

Orlando will be hoping to secure the first overall pick in the draft for only the fourth time in franchise history when the draft lottery is completed tonight. The last time they ended a season with the worst overall record they landed themselves the top pick and drafted current superstar Dwight Howard. History could repeat itself this year and the Magic could find themselves with highly rated big man prospect Jahlil Okafor.

Philadelphia will have a keen interest in seeing how the ping pong balls drop as they find themselves with potentially two picks inside the top ten. It is all part of GM Sam Hinkie's long-term strategy of building through high-end draft picks. If they can acquire two more good young players then they may be on their way to turning around their franchise.

2015 NBA Draft Order

11.) NOP ↑13
12.) PHI ↑3
13.) BOS ↑1
14.) ORL ↓3
15.) DEN ↓3
16.) UTA ↓3
17.) LAL ↓1
18.) MIL ↓1
19.) WAS ↓1
10.) MIN ↓1
11.) PHI ↓1
12.) SAC ↓1
13.) DAL ↓1
14.) MIN ↓1

In a shocking twist the New Orleans Pelicans rose from the 14th pick to the 1st overall pick. The team that only had a 0.5% chance of claiming the top prize received an enormous stoke of luck and now look set to create an insanely gifted frontcourt pairing of Anthony Davis and top-rated prospect Jahlil Okafor from Duke.

It is the first time in the history of the draft lottery being held that the team with the worst chance of landing the top pick has actually managed to do it. New Orleans only had 5 chances out of 1000.

This is an even bigger jump than Cleveland made last year when they went from 9th to 1st, which helped them pick up Andrew Wiggins. The Cavs also had a big rise in 2011 when they jumped from 8th to 1st and picked up Kyrie Irving. Clearly two such good strokes of fortune have directly contributed to them winning the title this season. Irving was voted the finals MVP and Wiggins was traded to Minnesota for All-Star big man Kevin Love. It is not too far-fetched to suggest that the order that the ping-pong balls fall can dramatically alter the course of a franchise.

In 2008 Chicago also climbed from 9th spot to 1st and drafted future MVP Derrick Rose. He has proved to be injury-prone in recent seasons but is still considered to be one of the best points guards in the league.

Way back in 1993 Orlando rose ten places from 11th to 1st and selected forward Chris Webber, only to trade him to Golden State for Penny Hardaway. Hardaway went on to form a great partnership with Shaquille O'Neal, the highlight of which was reaching the 1995 NBA Finals.

In 2012 the Pelicans, then still known as the Hornets, jumped three spots to claim the first overall pick and drafted rising superstar Anthony Davis. The unibrowed star has brought new excitement to the franchise after Chris Paul was traded back in 2011.

Another team that had good fortune was Philadelphia. Despite losing a spot with the pick they acquired from Toronto thanks to the Peilcans' amazing rise, they themselves shot up to the second overall pick from the fifth spot. It opens up plenty of possibilities for them now that they have second choice at this draft class. They could just draft the best player available, likely a big man like Karl Anthony-Towns or Myles Turner, and just figure out how all the pieces fit together later. Or they may go with the sensible approach and draft a wing player like Kelly Oubre, Stanley Johnson or Mario Hezonja.

Sadly, whenever a team rises there has to be some that fall. Orlando, Denver and Utah all fell three places and will be ruing their bad luck. The hardest done-by team was the Magic, who went from the top pick to fourth overall. If they were leaning toward Jahlil Okafor or Karl-Anthony Towns before the lottery draw, they might well be focussing more on Emmanuel Mudiay now that they won't have first crack at the draft.

2015 NBA Draft - First Round

So my trade with the Raptors ended up getting me the 11th overall pick, and the first rounder I got from the Pacers turned out to be the 19th pick.

Minnesota landed the 10th pick from the Brook Lopez trade and the Celtics got pick 23 from the Rondo trade.
My Stories
Phil89

Re: Draft Lottery - Who gets the top pick?

Postby Andrew on Mon Dec 08, 2014 7:31 pm

That's going to be quite helpful in the rebuilding efforts. It should make for an interesting trio of rookies.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby mp3 on Tue Dec 09, 2014 3:26 am

Soon the Sixers will have a team in all star weekend...

Rookies and sophomores...
mp3

Postby Phil89 on Tue Dec 09, 2014 11:24 am

Andrew wrote:That's going to be quite helpful in the rebuilding efforts. It should make for an interesting trio of rookies.

I hope whoever I take with pick 2 becomes more like LaMarcus Aldridge than Marvin Williams. The other two picks should land me a couple of decent bench players.

mp3 wrote:Soon the Sixers will have a team in all star weekend...

Rookies and sophomores...

:lol:

Embiid all-star 2016. Book it.
My Stories
Phil89

Postby Phil89 on Tue Dec 09, 2014 11:27 am

27/6/15

2015 NBA Draft

First Round - Lottery Picks

1.) Image New Orleans: Jahlil Okafor - C - 19 - Duke - 211cm - 122kg

Boom! The Pelicans create a dream frontcourt pairing by landing Jahlil Okafor to play alongside rising superstar Anthony Davis. This is the type of selection that dynasties are made from. Okafor elevated himself as the stand-out prospect in this draft class with his strong late season play at Duke. He averaged 19 points and 11 rebounds per game over the season and helped the Blue Devils win the national championship with a 79-71 win over Kentucky in Indianapolis. In the final he scored 26 points, grabbed 12 rebounds and blocked 4 shots. It was the final piece of evidence that NBA scouts needed to prove that he was going to be the number one pick this year.

To think that they only had the fourteenth best odds of landing the top overall pick in the draft lottery and they lucked out big time. It was the first time ever that the team with the lowest odds won the draft lottery.

With a supporting cast that includes Jrue Holiday, Tyreke Evans, Eric Gordon, Ryan Anderson and Omer Asik, the Pelicans could be a legitimate championship contender in the next couple of seasons. Realistically though it will probably be a few years before this team can make some major noise, when the likes of Davis, Okafor and Holiday are all in the prime. This selection will definitely lift the mood of a city that has had some hard times in recent years.

NBA Comparison: Al Jefferson

-----

2.) Image Philadelphia: Kelly Oubre - SF - 19 - Kansas - 201cm - 91kg

The Sixers taking Kansas forward Kelly Oubre with this pick was both a surprise, but was also totally expected. They already have their "twin towers" with Joel Embiid and Nerlens Noel, so there was no need to draft someone like Karl-Anthony Towns or Myles Turner. Plus, they already have 2014 Rookie of the Year Michael Carter-Williams, so they didn't need Emmanuel Mudiay either. What they did need though was perimeter scorers, and they will be hoping that Oubre proves to be the solution to that need.

The left-handed forward had a productive season with Kansas, averaging 22 points, 6 rebounds and 4 assists per game. He led them to the final four of the NCAA Tournament, where they were eliminated by eventually champions Duke. Oubre is now the third Sixers player with a wingspan of over seven feet, after Embiid and Noel. Adding to that the fact that Carter-Williams and Tony Wroten are both six-foot-six point guards, it gives them enormous defensive potential. It will be interesting to see what the Sixers do with the 11th pick now that they have their wing man.

NBA Comparison: Rudy Gay

-----

3.) Image Boston: Karl-Anthony Towns - C - 19 - Kentucky - 213cm - 113kg

The Celtics suffered through a 31-win season last year and were forced to trade away star player Rajon Rondo at the trade deadline, but they were rewarded by jumping up to the third pick in the draft lottery. They took full advantage of this stroke of luck and picked Kentucky big man Karl-Anthony Towns. Many people expected him to be taken within the first few picks and that has proven to be the case. Towns will likely be the centrepiece of a new era in Boston along with their young core of Avery Bradley, Jared Sullinger and Marcus Smart.

Many NBA scouts say that the seven footer has the potential to be as dominant as Kevin Garnett or Tim Duncan in a few years time. Towns joins a growing list of talented young big men in the NBA at the moment, like Andre Drummond, DeMarcus Cousins, Kenneth Faried, Nikola Vucevic, Joel Embiid, Julius Randle, Jahlil Okafor, Anthony Davis and Nerlens Noel. It could be the dawn of a new era of big men taking over the league again like in the early 1990's.

NBA Comparison: DeMarcus Cousins

-----

4.) Image Orlando: Cliff Alexander - PF - 19 - Kansas - 206cm - 113kg

Now this pick by the Magic is probably the first big surprise of this draft. Many experts believed that they would go for point guard Emmanuel Mudiay with this pick, but clearly they felt the the strong form shown by Elfrid Payton in his rookie season was enough to keep his position in the team. Instead, Orlando have decided to go with power forward Cliff Alexander, a team-mate of Kelly Oubre at Kansas. Alexander was initially touted as a top two pick in this draft a couple of years ago before dropping a bit on most people's mock drafts this year.

It is unclear what this decision means for Aaron Gordon. Though it is likely that at least initially Alexander will be coming off the bench as a back-up to the former Arizona forward. You would imagine that eventually Alexander will be given the starting role next to Nikola Vucevic and will form a great rebounding and shot-blocking combination with the Montenegrin.

NBA Comparison: Tristan Thompson

-----

5.) Image Denver: Myles Turner - C - 20 - Texas - 211cm - 109kg

This selection on the other hand makes a whole lot of sense for Denver. For the past couple of season they have been looking for a competent center to place alongside power forward Kenneth Faried. Myles Turner from Texas could be just the guy they have been lacking. They had tried JaVale McGee but he eventually got disruptive and was shipped off to New York as part of the Rajon Rondo trade. Timofey Mozgov has been a disappointment as well and looks likely to have his team option for next season declined by the Nuggets.

Turner will provide the Nuggets with a defensive anchor in the paint with his gigantic 7-4 wingspan. At Texas he showed great timing and instincts on the offensive glass and on help-side defense to help compensate for his lack of mobility. You can definitely see him being an all-star within a few seasons if he works on his offensive game and athleticism.

NBA Comparison: LaMarcus Aldridge

-----

6.) Image Utah: Kristaps Porzingis - PF - 20 - Latvia - 216cm - 100kg

For the second season in a row the Jazz use their lottery pick to take an international man of mystery. But at least Porzingis has spent several seasons playing in Spain with CB Sevilla unlike Dante Exum who did not play overseas or at a US college. Porzingis is an enigma. He is over seven feet tall but has the ball handling skills and speed of a guard. His obvious length gives him the potential to be a premiere shot-blocker in the NBA. He will need to bulk up and improve his strength though when he begins playing against the big-bodied forwards of the NBA.

The selection of the Latvian giant is likely an insurance policy by the Jazz ahead of the free agency period when Turkish big man Enes Kanter will become a restricted free agent. It is likely that Kanter will re-sign, but you never know. If Kanter stays the Jazz will have a decent young core including Derrick Favors, Trey Burke, Gordon Hayward, Dante Exum, Alec Burks, Rodney Hood, Rudy Gobert and of course Porzingis.

NBA Comparison: Danilo Gallinari

-----

7.) Image LA Lakers: Stanley Johnson - SF - 20 - Arizona - 201cm - 111kg

This is a great selection by the Lakers. Stanley Johnson from Arizona is probably the best two-way player in this draft class. He is extremely versatile and impacts the game at both ends of the court. His biggest strength is his physicality. He has an NBA-ready body and will likely be in with a shout at winning the Rookie of the Year award next season. Johnson grew up just down the road from Los Angeles in Fullerton, California, so this is as close as he can get to playing for a hometown team.

Obviously all the focus in Lakersville will be on Kobe Bryant as he heads into perhaps his final season in the NBA, but don't be surprised is Johnson steals a bit of the limelight during the season. Adding Johnson is a great first step for the Lakers in their off-season rebuild. They have the cap room to also sign some good free agents and give Kobe the opportunity to compete for a sixth ring before he retires.

NBA Comparison: Kawhi Leonard

-----

8.) Image Milwaukee: Emmanuel Mudiay - PG - 20 - Congo - 196cm - 86kg

Milwaukee may just have gotten the steal of the draft by selecting Emmanuel Mudiay. The speedy point guard was tipped as a potential top overall pick at one stage, but obviously the teams that picked before the Bucks decided to fill team needs instead of taking the best player available. The Congo-born guard spent the season in China playing for Guangdong Southern Tigers where he helped them win the CBA Finals for a ninth time. He averaged a very healthy 19 points, 6 rebounds and 6 assists per game over the season, albeit against relatively weak opposition.

Things are looking really exciting in Milwaukee recently after two years of inspired drafting. First, in 2012 they picked up Giannis Antetokounmpo with the fifteenth pick and then last season they secured Jabari Parker with the second overall pick. Parker recently won the Rookie of the Year award after averaging 20 points, 7 rebounds and 3 assists per game in his first season in the NBA. Now they have a decent young core that also includes Larry Sanders, John Henson and possibly Brandon Knight. Knight is a restricted free agent and Mudiay's arrival may change his plans.

NBA Comparison: John Wall

-----

9.) Image Washington: Aaron Harrison - SG - 21 - Kentucky - 198cm - 96kg

This is an interesting decision by the Wizards, to say the least. They have gone for Kentucky's Aaron Harrison over more fancied prospects like Mario Hezonja or Montezl Harrell. Some experts had predicted Harrison and his twin brother Andrew to be late first round picks, but obviously Aaron must have had a great workout with the Wizards and they felt he as their man. This is the third time in recent years that a set of twins have entered the NBA draft. It is always a tough decision as they have spent their whole lives living together and playing on the same team. It will be fascinating to see where his brother Andrew ends up.

Washington must have felt that they had enough frontcourt coverage with Marcin Gortat, Nene, Kevin Seraphin and Kris Humphries, as well as Paul Pierce, Martell Webster and Otto Porter Jr. A big need for them was a perimeter scorer who could be their sixth man off the bench. Harrison should fill that need nicely as Bradley Beal's back-up. We'll have to check back in a few years to see if this was the right pick for the Wizards.

NBA Comparison: OJ Mayo

-----

10.) Image Minnesota: Justise Winslow - SF - 20 - Duke - 201cm - 104kg

David Kahn must have been devastated that Emmanuel Mudiay didn't slip down another two picks. He still managed to pull off a confusing move with this pick though by selecting Duke forward Justise Winslow. The confusion isn't over Winslow's talent, but rather the fit for the Timberwolves. They acquired Andrew Wiggins when they traded Kevin Love to the Cavaliers at the start of last season and were in more need of a shooting guard or power forward in this draft.

It will remain to be seen if the Timberwolves plan to have both Wiggins and Winslow play alongside each other in the starting line-up, or if Winslow is destined to have a sixth man type career with them. They've got Ricky Rubio locked in long-term, whilst Brook Lopez and Thaddeus Young have activated their player option clauses to remain in Minnesota for another season, so they are building a decent team there. They also have Anthony Bennett and Shabazz Muhammad, both of whom haven't quite adjusted to NBA life yet, but have the potential to become solid rotation guys.

NBA Comparison: Michael Kidd-Gilchrist

-----

11.) Image Philadelphia: Mario Hezonja - SG - 20 - Croatia - 203cm - 98kg

What a great pick up for the Sixers. Hezonja was touted by many experts as the top shooting guard prospect in this draft and he has slid down to the eleventh pick. After picking up Kelly Oubre with the second overall pick the Sixers decided to use this pick to fill the biggest hole left in their roster. They only had rookie KJ McDaniels on their roster before this, with Ray Allen coming to the end of his one-year deal. Hezonja is extremely athletic and has a big wingspan. The Sixers sure are sticking to their plan.

It will be interesting to see if Hezonja follows the same path as compatriot Dario Saric by remaining in Europe for another season or two, or actually come over to Philadelphia straight away. Whatever happens, the Sixers now have two of Europe's biggest prospects and when they enter the NBA it will strengthen their roster substantially. The long-term plan by Sam Hinkie seems to have all the puzzle pieces falling into place now. It's not too far-fetched to expect to see this Sixers team in the playoffs within two seasons.

NBA Comparison: Klay Thompson

-----

12.) Image Sacramento: Montrezl Harrell - PF - 21 - Louisville - 203cm - 110kg

This could be a Giannis Antetokounmpo type draft steal for the Kings. Harrell has the talent to be a top 5 pick, but teams were probably put off by his lack of size for his position. He does however have a massive 7-4 wingspan which allows him to be a defensive disruptor, grabbing a decent amount of steals and blocks. His offensive game is very raw as he relies on his athleticism instead of his technique. It's something he will have to work on to establish himself as a legitimate NBA-level player.

Harrell will eventually partner up with dominant big man DeMarcus Cousins in Sacramento once he adjusts to the NBA and develops his offensive game a bit more. Both guys are built like brick walls and any team facing them in the future will be in for a physical encounter. A core of Cousins, Harrell, Rudy Gay, Ben McLemore, Nik Stauskas and Darren Collison is nice, but they will probably need to add another piece in order to qualify for the playoffs in a stacked western conference.

NBA Comparison: JJ Hickson

-----

13.) Image Dallas: Tyus Jones - PG - 20 - Duke - 185cm - 86kg

This selection is very confusing as the Mavericks already have a logjam at the point guard spot with Jameer Nelson, JJ Barea, Raymond Felton and Devin Harris. Many people expected them to choose Michigan shooting guard Caris LeVert with this pick due to the fact that veteran Monta Ellis has suggested that he intends to test the free agent market this off-season. Instead they went for Tyus Jones, the second highest rated point guard in this draft class. He has an old school point guard build at only 6-1, but he has exceptional basketball IQ. He is a great passer and always looks to set team-mates up before finding his own shot.

Jones is the third member of the national championship-winning Duke team to be selected in the lottery picks of this draft, after Jahlil Okafor (pick 1) and Justise Winslow (pick 10). Dallas will soon be transitioning into a new era once legend Dirk Nowitzki retires and Jones may be the first piece of the new generation that takes his place.

NBA Comparison: Trey Burke

-----

14.) Image Minnesota: Terry Rozier - PG - 21 - Louisville - 188cm - 86kg

It wouldn't be an NBA draft without David Kahn picking up a point guard in the lottery. This time around though it is a very good and needed selection. Terry Rozier is gifted with extraordinary speed and quickness, has a solid perimeter shot and can create his own shot off the dribble. He will provide a good back-up to star guard Ricky Rubio whilst he settles into the NBA.

Things are looking positive in Minnesota for the first time since the Kevin Garnett era. They've got a potential superstar in Andrew Wiggins, solid veterans in Brook Lopez and Thaddeus Young, a highly-skilled point guard in Ricky Rubio and a bunch of promising prospects like Zach LaVine, Gorgui Dieng, Anthony Bennett, Glenn Robinson III, Shabazz Muhammad, Justise Winslow and Rozier. If they can keep the core together for a few years they could develop into a playoff team in the brutal western conference.

NBA Comparison: Eric Bledsoe

-----

First Round - Continued

15.) Atlanta - Rondae Hollis-Jefferson - SF - 20 - Arizona - 198cm - 95kg

16.) Portland - Andrew Harrison - PG - 21 - Kentucky - 198cm - 95kg

17.) Golden State - Bobby Portis - PF - 20 - Arkansas - 208cm - 109kg

18.) Charlotte - Caris LeVert - SG - 21 - Michigan - 201cm - 91kg

19.) Philadelphia - Wayne Selden - SG - 21 - Kansas - 196cm - 104kg

TRADE: Philadelphia sends Wayne Selden and Robert Covington to Golden State in exchange for Harrison Barnes

This is an interesting move by the Sixers. Obviously they feel that acquiring a player like Harrison Barnes, who has been in the NBA system for a few years already, will be a better option than adding another rookie. Adding Barnes to their team will give second overall pick Kelly Oubre the chance to come off the bench for a couple of seasons whilst he adjusts to life as a top class athlete.

With Andre Iguodala holding down the starting small forward role and Draymond Green emerging as a great energy player off the bench, Barnes' playing time with the Warriors was less than ideal. They are more than likely going to re-sign Green on a decent size contract over the off-season, so trading Barnes for two much cheaper options makes a lot of sense for them.

20.) Phoenix - Theo Pinson - SF - 19 - UNC - 198cm - 85kg

21.) Detroit - Rasheed Sulaimon - SG - 21 - Duke - 193cm - 88kg

22.) Memphis - Alex Poythress - SF - 22 - Kentucky - 203cm - 108kg

23.) Boston - Trey Lyles - PF - 19 - Kentucky - 208cm - 113kg

24.) San Antonio - Chris Walker - PF - 20 - Florida - 208cm - 100kg

25.) Miami - Anthony Barber - PG - 21 - North Carolina State - 188cm - 84kg

26.) LA Clippers - Sam Dekker - SF - 21 - Wisconsin - 206cm - 104kg

27.) Chicago - Marcus Lee - PF - 21 - Kentucky - 206cm - 100kg

28.) Houston - Kevon Looney - PF - 20 - UCLA - 206cm - 100kg

29.) Oklahoma City - Jabari Bird - SG - 21 - California - 198cm - 90kg

30.) Cleveland - RJ Hunter - SG - 22 - Georgia State - 196cm - 81kg

-----

Second Round

31.) Orlando - Oliver Hanlan - PG - 22 - Boston College - 193cm - 85kg

32.) Denver - Jake Layman - SF - 21 - Maryland - 203cm - 93kg

33.) Utah - Buddy Hield - SG - 21 - Oklahoma - 193cm - 97kg

34.) Indiana - Rodney Purvis - PG - 21 - UConn - 193cm - 93kg

35.) Boston - Norman Powell - SG - 22 - UCLA - 193cm - 98kg

36.) LA Lakers - Isaiah Taylor - PG - 21 - Texas - 188cm - 77kg

37.) Milwaukee - Brice Johnson - PF - 21 - UNC - 206cm - 102kg

38.) Washington - Georges Niang - PF - 22 - Iowa State - 203cm - 104kg

39.) Brooklyn - Brandon Ashley - PF - 21 - Arizona - 203cm - 104kg

40.) Toronto - Ron Baker - SG - 22 - Wichita State - 193cm - 100kg

41.) Sacramento - Marcus Paige - PG - 22 - UNC - 185cm - 78kg

42.) Atlanta - Perry Ellis - SF - 22 - Kansas - 203cm - 102kg

43.) Dallas - Isaiah Whitehead - SG - 20 - Seton Hall - 193cm - 95kg

44.) Minnesota - Fred VanVleet - PG - 21 - Wichita State - 183cm - 88kg

45.) New Orleans - Brandon Dawson - SF - 22 - Michigan State - 198cm - 102kg

46.) Portland - Romelo Trimble - PG - 20 - Maryland - 188cm - 79kg

47.) Golden State - Jordan Mickey - PF - 21 - LSU - 201cm - 106kg

48.) Indiana - Brandon Burns - SF - 20 - UConn - 196cm - 91kg

49.) Phoenix - Sindarius Thornwell - SG - 20 - South Carolina - 196cm - 96kg

50.) Charlotte - Willie Cauley-Stein - C - 22 - Kentucky - 213cm - 109kg

TRADE: Charlotte sends Willie Cauley-Stein to Detroit in exchange for Pick 52 and Pistons' 2016 second round pick

51.) Memphis - Dakari Johnson - C - 20 - Kentucky - 213cm - 116kg

52.) Charlotte - AJ Hammons - C - 23 - Purdue - 213cm - 118kg

53.) New York - Frank Karminsky - C - 22 - Wisconsin - 213cm - 109kg

54.) San Antonio - Bradley May - SF - 21 - Alabama - 196cm - 102kg

55.) Miami - Rob Brady - SF - 20 - Oregon - 203cm - 101kg

56.) LA Clippers - Cody Sullivan - SF - 20 - Oklahoma State - 203cm - 97kg

57.) Houston - Art Harmon - SF - 23 - Georgia Tech - 201cm - 103kg

58.) Chicago - Malcolm Norton - SF - 22 - Kentucky - 198cm - 105kg

59.) Oklahoma City - Jeff Jacobsen - SG - 21 - Michigan State - 198cm - 95kg

60.) Cleveland - Hal Keefe - C - 22 - Miami - 213cm - 107kg

Drafted by School

9 Players
Kentucky

4 Players
Duke, Kansas

3 Players
Arizona, UNC, International

2 Players
Louisville, Texas, UCLA, Wisconsin, Maryland, UConn, Wichita State, Michigan State

1 Player
Michigan, Florida, Arkansas, North Carolina State, California, Georgia State, Boston College, Oklahoma, Iowa State
Seton Hall, LSU, South Carolina, Purdue, Alabama, Oregon, Oklahoma State, Georgia Tech, Miami
My Stories
Phil89

Re: 2015 NBA Draft - Who do the Pelicans take first?

Postby Andrew on Tue Dec 09, 2014 12:03 pm

Solid Draft for you, Barnes is an excellent pick-up at that price. Here's hoping the rookies pan out!
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby mp3 on Tue Dec 09, 2014 8:02 pm

Great coverage of the draft with some solid pick ups
mp3

Postby Phil89 on Tue Dec 09, 2014 10:16 pm

30/9/15

2015 Free Agency Summary

Atlanta
Re-Signed
John Jenkins - 24 - SG - $2.23m - 1 year (TO)

Free Agents Signed
Wesley Matthews - 29 - SG - $17.40m - 3 years
Iman Shumpert - 25 - SG - $16.18m - 3 years

Draftees Signed
Rondae Hollis-Jefferson
Perry Ellis

Released
Paul Millsap (LA Lakers)
Elton Brand (San Antonio)
DeMarre Carroll (Free Agent)
Pero Antic (Free Agent)

Projected line-up: Al Horford - Adreian Payne - Wesley Matthews - Iman Shumpert - Jeff Teague

Boston
Re-Signed
Jeff Green - 29 - SF - $9.44m - 1 year (PO)
Andrea Bargani - 30 - C - $11.92m - 5 years
Vitor Faverani - 27 - C - $2.18m - 1 year (TO)
Phil Pressey - 24 - PG - $947k - 1 year (TO)

Free Agents Signed
-

Draftees Signed
Karl-Anthony Towns
Trey Lyles
Norman Powell

Released
Iman Shumpert (Atlanta)
Evan Turner (Detroit)
Brandon Bass (Free Agent)
Marcus Thornton (Free Agent)

Projected line-up: Karl-Anthony Towns - Jared Sullinger - Jeff Green - Avery Bradley - Marcus Smart

Brooklyn
Re-Signed
Cory Jefferson - 23 - PF - $845k - 1 year (TO)

Free Agents Signed
-

Draftees Signed
Brandon Ashley

Released
Andrei Kirilenko (Indiana)
Jerome Jordan (Free Agent)
Jorge Gutierrez (Free Agent)
Kevin Garnett (Retired)

Projected line-up: Nikola Pekovic - Cory Jefferson - Joe Johnson - Kevin Martin - Deron Williams

Charlotte
Re-Signed
Al Jefferson - 30 - C - $13.50m - 1 year (PO)
Bismack Biyombo - 23 - C - $23.10m - 4 years
Gerald Henderson - 27 - SF - $6.00m - 1 year (PO)

Free Agents Signed
Greg Monroe - 25 - PF - $32.51m - 4 years (4th year TO)
Patrick Beverley - 27 - PG - $15.72m - 4 years (4th year TO)

Draftees Signed
Caris LeVert
AJ Hammons

Released
Jeff Taylor (Free Agent)
Jason Maxiell (Free Agent)
Gary Neal (Free Agent)

Projected line-up: Al Jefferson - Greg Monroe - Michael Kidd-Gilchrist - Lance Stephenson - Kemba Walker

Chicago
Re-Signed
E'Twaun Moore - 26 - PG - $1.01m - 1 year (TO)

Free Agents Signed
Kendrick Perkins - 30 - C - $12.74m - 3 years

Draftees Signed
Marcus Lee
Malcolm Norton

Released
Jimmy Butler (Philadelphia)
Kirk Hinrich (Free Agent)
Aaron Brooks (Free Agent)
Nazr Mohammed (Retired)

Projected line-up: Joakim Noah - Pau Gasol - Doug McDermott - Tony Snell - Derrick Rose

Cleveland
Re-Signed
LeBron James - 30 - SF - $21.57m - 1 year (PO)
Kevin Love - 27 - PF - $16.74m - 1 year (PO)
Mike Miller - 35 - SG - $2.86m - 1 year (PO)
Will Cherry - 24 - PG - $845k - 1 year (TO)
Alex Kirk - 24 - C - $845k - 1 year (TO)

Free Agents Signed
-

Draftees Signed
RJ Hunter
Hal Keefe

Released
Shawn Marion (Free Agent)
James Jones (Free Agent)
Brendan Haywood (Free Agent)
Louis Amundson (Free Agent)

Projected line-up: Anderson Varejao - Kevin Love - LeBron James - Dion Waiters - Kyrie Irving

Dallas
Re-Signed
Al-Farouq Aminu - 25 - SF - $1.10m - 1 year (PO)
Raymond Felton - 31 - PG - $3.95m - 1 year (PO)
Jae Crowder - 25 - SF - $1.34m - 1 year
Ricky Ledo - 23 - SG - $947k - 1 year (TO)

Free Agents Signed
-

Draftees Signed
Tyus Jones
Isaiah Whitehead

Released
Monta Ellis (Indiana)
Richard Jefferson (Free Agent)

Projected line-up: Tyson Chandler - Dirk Nowitzki - Chandler Parsons - Ricky Ledo - Jameer Nelson

Denver
Re-Signed
Arron Afflalo - 30 - SG - $7.75m - 1 year (PO)
Wilson Chandler - 28 - SF - $22.58m - 4 years

Free Agents Signed
Jordan Hill - 28 - C - $27.35m - 4 years
Andray Blatche - 29 - C - $22.49m - 4 years

Draftees Signed
Myles Turner
Jake Layman

Released
Nate Robinson (Washington)
Samuel Dalembert (Free Agent)
Timofey Mozgov (Free Agent)
Amare Stoudemire (Free Agent)
Alonzo Gee (Free Agent)
Darrell Arthur (Free Agent)

Projected line-up: Jordan Hill - Kenneth Faried - Wilson Chandler - Arron Afflalo - Ty Lawson

Detroit
Re-Signed
Cartier Martin - 30 - SG - $1.27m - 1 year (PO)
Tony Mitchell - 23 - SF - $947k - 1 year (TO)

Free Agents Signed
Evan Turner - 27 - SF - $16.71m - 3 years

Draftees Signed
Rasheed Sulaimon
Willie Cauley-Stein

Released
Greg Monroe (Charlotte)
Caron Butler (Free Agent)

Projected line-up: Andre Drummond - Josh Smith - Evan Turner - Jodie Meeks - Brandon Jennings

Golden State
Re-Signed
Draymond Green - 25 - SF - $13.28m - 3 years
Marreese Speights - 28 - PF - $3.82m - 1 year (PO)
Brandon Rush - 30 - SG - $1.27m - 1 year (PO)
Nemanja Nedovic - 24 - PG - $1.15m - 1 year (TO)

Free Agents Signed
-

Draftees Signed
Bobby Portis
Wayne Selden

Released
Leandro Barbosa (Free Agent)
Justin Holiday (Free Agent)

Projected line-up: Andrew Bogut - David Lee - Andre Iguodala - Klay Thompson - Stephen Curry

Houston
Re-Signed
Kostas Papanikolaou - 25 - SF - $16.17m - 4 years
Jason Terry - 38 - SG - $1.50m - 1 year
Isaiah Canann - 24 - PG - $947k - 1 year (TO)
Tarik Black - 23 - PF - $947k - 1 year (TO)

Free Agents Signed
-

Draftees Signed
Kevon Looney
Art Harmon

Released
Patrick Beverly (Charlotte)
Francisco Garcia (Free Agent)
Joey Dorsey (Free Agent)
Kostas Papanikolaou

Projected line-up: Dwight Howard - Terrence Jones - Trevor Ariza - James Harden - Isaiah Canaan

Indiana
Re-Signed
Roy Hibbert - 28 - C - $15.51m - 1 year (PO)
David West - 35 - PF - $12.60m - 1 year (PO)
Solomon Hill - 24 - SF - $1.36m - 1 year (TO)

Free Agents Signed
Monta Ellis - 30 - SG - $41.47m - 4 years
Andrei Kirilenko - 34 - SF - $2.40m - 2 years

Draftees Signed
Brandon Burns

Released
Luis Scola (New York)
Rodney Stuckey (Free Agent)
CJ Watson (Free Agent)
Hollis Thompson (Free Agent)
Chris Copeland (Free Agent)

Projected line-up: Roy Hibbert - David West - Paul George - Monta Ellis - George Hill

LA Clippers
Re-Signed
DeAndre Jordan - 27 - C - $47.08m - 5 years
Jamal Crawford - 35 - SG - $14.93m - 3 years (3rd year TO)
Jordan Farmar - 28 - PG - $2.17m - 1 year (PO)
Reggie Bullock - 24 - SF - $1.25m - 1 year (TO)

Free Agents Signed
Carlos Boozer - 33 - PF - $8.20m - 2 years

Draftees Signed
Sam Dekker
Cody Sullivan

Released
Glen Davis (Free Agent)
Matt Barnes (Free Agent)
Chris Douglas-Roberts (Free Agent)
Hedo Turkoglu (Free Agent)
Ekpe Udoh (Free Agent)

Projected line-up: DeAndre Jordan - Blake Griffin - Sam Dekker - Jamal Crawford - Chris Paul

LA Lakers
Re-Signed
Ed Davis - 26 - C - $1.10m - 1 year (PO)
Robert Sacre - 26 - C - $981k - 1 year (TO)

Free Agents Signed
Paul Millsap - 30 - PF - $49.23m - 4 years (4th year PO)
Gerald Green - 29 - SF - $15.40m - 3 years

Draftees Signed
Stanley Johnson
Isaiah Taylor

Released
Jordan Hill (Denver)
Carlos Boozer (LA Clippers)
Wesley Johnson (Free Agent)
Xavier Henry (Free Agent)
Ronnie Price (Free Agent)
Steve Nash (Retired)

Projected line-up: Julius Randle - Paul Millsap - Gerald Green - Kobe Bryant - Jeremy Lin

Memphis
Re-Signed
Marc Gasol - 30 - C - $66.15m - 5 years (5th year PO)
Jon Leuer - 26 - PF - $1.03m - 1 year (TO)

Free Agents Signed
-

Draftees Signed
Alex Poythress
Dakari Johnson

Released
Beno Udrih (Free Agent)
Nick Calathes (Free Agent)
Vince Carter (Retired)

Projected line-up: Marc Gasol - Zach Randolph - Tony Allen - Jordan Adams - Mike Conley

Miami
Re-Signed
Dwyane Wade - 33 - SG - $16.13m - 1 year (PO)
Luol Deng - 30 - SF - $10.15m - 1 year (PO)
Danny Granger - 32 - SF - $2.17m - 1 year (PO)
Norris Cole - 27 - PG - $13.60m - 3 years

Free Agents Signed
-

Draftees Signed
Anthony Barber

Released
Shannon Brown (Free Agent)
Shawne Williams (Free Agent)

Projected line-up: Chris Bosh - Josh McRoberts - Luol Deng - Dwyane Wade - Shabazz Napier

Milwaukee
Re-Signed
Brandon Knight - 23 - PG - $13.79m - 4 years
Jared Dudley - 30 - SG - $4.25m - 1 year (PO)
Nate Wolters - 24 - PG - $947k - 1 year (TO)

Free Agents Signed
-

Draftees Signed
Emmanuel Mudiay

Released
Kendall Marshall (Free Agent)
Khris Middleton (Free Agent)

Projected line-up: Larry Sanders - John Henson - Jabari Parker - OJ Mayo - Brandon Knight

Minnesota
Re-Signed
Brook Lopez - 27 - C - $16.77m - 1 year (PO)
Thaddeus Young - 27 - PF - $9.72m - 1 year (PO)
Chase Budinger - 27 - SF - $5.00m - 1 year (PO)

Free Agents Signed
-

Draftees Signed
Justise Winslow
Terry Rozier
Fred VanVleet

Released
Mo Williams (Free Agent)
Mirza Teletovic (Free Agent)
Ronny Turiaf (Free Agent)
Jeff Adrien (Free Agent)
Markel Brown (Free Agent)

Projected line-up: Brook Lopez - Thaddeus Young - Andrew Wiggins - Zach LaVine - Ricky Rubio

New Orleans
Re-Signed
Eric Gordon - 26 - SG - $15.51m - 1 year (PO)
Omer Asik - 29 - C - $20.64m - 4 years
Darius Miller - 25 - SF - $13.06m - 5 years
Austin Rivers - 23 - PG - $3.12m - 1 year (TO)
Patric Young - 23 - PF - $845k - 1 year (TO)
Jeff Withey - 25 - C - $1.22m - 1 year

Free Agents Signed
-

Draftees Signed
Jahlil Okafor
Brandon Dawson

Released
John Salmons (Free Agent)
Jimmer Fredette (Free Agent)
Luke Babbitt (Free Agent)
Alexis Ajinca (Free Agent)

Projected line-up: Jahlil Okafor - Anthony Davis - Tyreke Evans - Eric Gordon - Jrue Holiday

New York
Re-Signed
JR Smith - 30 - SG - $6.40m - 1 year (PO)
Quincy Acy - 25 - PF - $1.34m - 1 year
Dwight Powell - 24 - PF - $845k - 1 year (TO)
Travis Wear - 25 - PF - $956k - 1 year

Free Agents Signed
Luis Scola - 35 - PF - $3.85m - 2 years (2nd year TO)

Draftees Signed
-

Released
Jason Smith (Free Agent)
Cole Aldrich (Free Agent)
Pablo Prigioni (Retired)

Projected line-up: JaVale McGee - Luis Scola - Carmelo Anthony - JR Smith - Rajon Rondo

Oklahoma City
Re-Signed
Reggie Jackson - 25 - PG - $19.76m - 3 years

Free Agents Signed
-

Draftees Signed
Jabari Bird (Pick 29)

Released
Kendrick Perkins (Chicago)
Sebastian Telfair (Free Agent)
Lance Thomas (Free Agent)

Projected line-up: Steven Adams - Serge Ibaka - Kevin Durant - Jeremy Lamb - Russell Westbrook

Orlando
Re-Signed
Nikola Vucevic - 25 - C - $48.00m - 4 years
Tobias Harris - 23 - SF - $3.58m - 1 year
DeWayne Dedmon - 26 - C - $947k - 1 year (TO)

Free Agents Signed
-

Draftees Signed
Cliff Alexander
Oliver Hanlan

Released
Luke Ridnour (Free Agent)
Willie Green (Free Agent)

Projected line-up: Nikola Vucevic - Aaron Gordon - Tobias Harris - Victor Oladipo - Elfrid Payton

Philadelphia
Re-Signed
Greg Oden - 27 - C - $2.50m - 1 year (TO)

Free Agents Signed
Jimmy Butler - 26 - SG - $32.00m - 4 years
Dario Saric - 21 - PF - $15.02m - 3 years

Draftees Signed
Kelly Oubre
Mario Hezonja

Released
Ray Allen (Free Agent)
Rashard Lewis (Free Agent)
Michael Beasley (Free Agent)
Landry Fields (Free Agent)
Jason Richardson (Free Agent)
Henry Sims (Free Agent)

Projected line-up: Joel Embiid - Nerlens Noel - Harrison Barnes - Jimmy Butler - Michael Carter-Williams

Phoenix
Re-Signed
Goran Dragic - 29 - PG - $7.50m - 1 year (PO)

Free Agents Signed
-

Draftees Signed
Theo Pinson
Sindarius Thornwell

Released
Shavlik Randolph (Free Agent)

Projected line-up: Miles Plumlee - Markieff Morris - TJ Warren - Goran Dragic - Eric Bledsoe

Portland
Re-Signed
LaMarcus Aldridge - 30 - PF - $77.12m - 5 years
Robin Lopez - 27 - C - $24.52m - 4 years
Thomas Robinson - 24 - PF - $4.66m - 1 year (TO)
Will Barton - 24 - SG - $1.34m - 1 year
Joel Freeland - 28 - PF - $4.65m - 1 year
Victor Claver - 27 - SF - $1.98m - 1 year

Free Agents Signed
-

Draftees Signed
Andrew Harrison
Romelo Trimble

Released
Wesley Matthews (Atlanta)
Chris Kaman (Free Agent)
Dorell Wright (Free Agent)
Steve Blake (Free Agent)

Projected line-up: Robin Lopez - LaMarcus Aldridge - Nicolas Batum - CJ McCollum - Damian Lillard

Sacramento
Re-Signed
Ray McCallum - 24 - PG - $947k - 1 year (TO)

Free Agents Signed
-

Draftees Signed
Montrezl Harrell
Marcus Paige

Released
Reggie Evans (Free Agent)
Ryan Hollins (Free Agent)

Projected line-up: DeMarcus Cousins - Carl Landry - Rudy Gay - Ben McLemore - Darren Collison

San Antonio
Re-Signed
Kawhi Leonard - 24 - SF - $52.00m - 5 years
Tim Duncan - 39 - PF - $6.63m - 1 year
Manu Ginobili - 38 - SG - $3.06m - 1 year
Marco Belinelli - 29 - SG - $6.76m - 2 years

Free Agents Signed
Elton Brand - 36 - C - $2.38m - 1 year

Draftees Signed
Chris Walker
Bradley May

Released
Danny Green (Free Agent)
Austin Daye (Free Agent)
Matt Bonner (Free Agent)
Jeff Ayres (Free Agent)
Aron Baynes (Free Agent)

Projected line-up: Tiago Splitter - Tim Duncan - Kawhi Leonard - Manu Ginobili - Tony Parker

Toronto
Re-Signed
Louis Williams - 29 - SG - $38.76m - 5 years (5th year TO)
Amir Johnson - 28 - PF - $28.31m - 5 years (5th year TO)
Chuck Hayes - 32 - C - $7.90m - 4 years

Free Agents Signed
-

Draftees Signed
Ron Baker

Released
Tyler Hansbrough (Free Agent)
Luc Mbah a Moute (Free Agent)
Alexey Shved (Free Agent)

Projected line-up: Jonas Valanciunas - Amir Johnson - Terrence Ross - DeMar DeRozan - Kyle Lowry

Utah
Re-Signed
Enes Kanter - 23 - C - $19.42m - 4 years

Free Agents Signed
-

Draftees Signed
Kristaps Porzingis
Buddy Hield

Released
Gerald Green (LA Lakers)
Jeremy Evans (Free Agent)
Joe Ingles (Free Agent)
Toure Murry (Free Agent)

Projected line-up: Enes Kanter - Derrick Favors - Gordon Hayward - Alec Burks - Dante Exum

Washington
Re-Signed
Paul Pierce - 38 - SF - $5.62m - 1 year (PO)
Kevin Seraphin - 25 - C - $24.54m- 5 years

Free Agents Signed
Nate Robinson - 31 - PG - $7.94m - 2 years

Draftees Signed
Aaron Harrison
Georges Niang

Released
DeJuan Blair (Free Agent)
Rasual Butler (Free Agent)
Drew Gooden (Free Agent)
Garrett Temple (Free Agent)
Andre Miller (Retired)

Projected line-up: Marcin Gortat - Nene - Paul Pierce - Bradley Beal - John Wall
Last edited by Phil89 on Tue Dec 09, 2014 10:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My Stories
Phil89

Postby Phil89 on Tue Dec 09, 2014 10:24 pm

Andrew wrote:Solid Draft for you, Barnes is an excellent pick-up at that price. Here's hoping the rookies pan out!

Barnes was struggling to get minutes with the Warriors, so I figured maybe he could be a great fit for my team. I know I also drafted Oubre, but I needed all the talent I could get on the wings. Hence my signing of Jimmy Butler also.

mp3 wrote:Great coverage of the draft with some solid pick ups

Thanks. It takes me a while to write it all up every season but I like how it turns out. I felt kind of guilty not taking Mudiay or Towns. But I really didn't need them, plus I like MCW and Noel too much to trade them.
My Stories
Phil89

Re: Free Agency Summary

Postby Andrew on Wed Dec 10, 2014 2:44 am

Hopefully, the real Bulls can actually hold onto Butler. Certainly some significant movement around the league.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Phil89 on Wed Dec 10, 2014 12:06 pm

Andrew wrote:Hopefully, the real Bulls can actually hold onto Butler. Certainly some significant movement around the league.

I was a bit surprised that the Bulls didn't match my offer to Butler. Maybe it was because I paid several million more than he would have accepted (For some reason the salaries in free agency were really low)

At least they signed Kendrick Perkins though :fruity:
My Stories
Phil89

Postby Phil89 on Wed Dec 10, 2014 12:09 pm

1/10/15

Sixers hope to turn productive off-season into push for playoffs

Philadelphia will head into the 2015-16 NBA season with a sense of excitement and increased expectations. They have added several key players to their roster through the draft and free agency and will be looking to fight for a playoff spot with their newly strengthened roster.

My Stories
Phil89

Re: Sixers Off-Season Review

Postby kibaxx7 on Wed Dec 10, 2014 1:12 pm

Man, I'm jealous of all that offseason info! Looking great. Good job landing Jimmy from Tomball, Texas. :wink:
× Club Atlético Independiente. ×
× Watching:
Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba, Echo ×
× Watched:
Romeo + Juliet (1996), Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba - To the Hashira Training (2024), Paper Moon (1973) ×
kibaxx7
炭治郎

Postby Phil89 on Wed Dec 10, 2014 3:52 pm

Ezio Auditore wrote:Man, I'm jealous of all that offseason info! Looking great. Good job landing Jimmy from Tomball, Texas. :wink:

Thanks. My game summaries are pretty basic, so I have to put some effort into something :P

In the few games I've played of the new season Jimmy has been great. 15 points a game and shooting a career-high 41% from downtown.
My Stories
Phil89

Postby Lamrock on Thu Dec 11, 2014 3:55 am

Nice off-season and coverage. I think you can make the playoffs with that squad. (Y)
Lamrock

Postby Vespasian92 on Thu Dec 11, 2014 4:27 am

I like adding Barnes to your young core. He and Butler are still young enough to grow with everybody else into a consistent postseason team in a year or two. Being in the East helps too. I predict Noel playing a lot of center when Oden's knees give out again.

Also, Harrell should fit well next to Boogie in Sacramento :)
Vespasian92

Postby Phil89 on Thu Dec 11, 2014 12:28 pm

Lamrock wrote:Nice off-season and coverage. I think you can make the playoffs with that squad. (Y)

Thanks. I hope that I can at least challenge for the 8th seed this year. And if I can keep this group together I can maybe challenge the top eastern teams in 2-3 years.

Vespasian92 wrote:I like adding Barnes to your young core. He and Butler are still young enough to grow with everybody else into a consistent postseason team in a year or two. Being in the East helps too. I predict Noel playing a lot of center when Oden's knees give out again.

Also, Harrell should fit well next to Boogie in Sacramento :)

That's exactly why I chose Butler over Monta Ellis. I wanted guys who had enough quality to improve my starting roster, but were still young enough to be around when Embiid/Noel/MCW are in their prime.

I predict some tough battles against the Kings with Cousins/Harrell vs Embiid/Noel in the future (Y)
My Stories
Phil89

Postby Phil89 on Thu Dec 11, 2014 12:32 pm

29/10/15

Philadelphia 76ers [0-0] vs Detroit Pistons [0-0]

Turner comes back to haunt Sixers in season opener

PHI - 32 22 23 18 95
DET - 23 26 28 21 98

Player of the Game: Evan Turner
(23pts, 6reb, 4ast, 3stl)
(7-12 FG, 0-1 3PT, 9-9 FT)

Top Scorers
Evan Turner - 23
Jodie Meeks - 21
Kelly Oubre - 18
Joel Embiid - 18
Brandon Jennings - 18
Jimmy Butler - 16
Harrison Barnes - 15
Michael Carter-Williams - 10

Rebounds
Josh Smith - 10
Andre Drummond - 7
Kelly Oubre - 6
Michael Carter-Williams - 6
Evan Turner - 6
Joel Embiid - 5
Nerlens Noel - 5

Assists
Michael Carter-Williams - 8
Tony Wroten - 6
Joel Embiid - 6
Brandon Jennings - 6

Steals
Joel Embiid - 3
Andre Drummond - 3
Evan Turner - 3
Brandon Jennings - 2

Blocks
Nerlens Noel - 3

Barnes debut highlights

Butler debut highlights

Oubre debut highlights

Simmed Game

CLE - 35 23 23 26 107
PHI - 19 24 27 18 088

Record: 0-2

Things looked really good early. Butler was draining threes and everyone was scoring. It all started going wrong after the first quarter though. They slowly chipped away at my lead and eventually got in front in the fourth. Turner made two free throws in the final seconds and McDaniels missed a three to tie it.

Positive signs for the future though. Butler, Barnes and Oubre all add scoring power and once I get used to them I think I will start to win more games.

Debutantes Players

Oubre (18pts, 6reb)

Butler (16pts, 3reb, 4ast, 1blk)

Barnes (15pts, 3reb, 2ast, 1stl)

Saric (6pts, 2reb, 1ast)

Hezonja (4pts, 3reb, 1ast)
My Stories
Phil89

PreviousNext

Return to Stories from the Virtual Hardwood