Patch #3 Out Now (PS4, PC, X1)

Talk about NBA 2K15 here.

Re: Patch #3 Coming Soon

Postby ThePointForward on Thu Dec 04, 2014 8:13 am

It's not in the depot on steamdb, so probably not.
ThePointForward
Formerly Dommy73

Postby jmmontoro on Thu Dec 04, 2014 9:01 am

The court files were not patched in if I'm not mistaken, they were updated through their content delivery system. They're stored in one of the files in the folder C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\userdata\[userid]\282350\local, I might be wrong though.
jmmontoro

Postby TBM on Thu Dec 04, 2014 9:14 am

I could be wrong, but I thought they were in 1O.
TBM
Contributor
Contributor

Postby tampy on Thu Dec 04, 2014 6:19 pm

Yes finally! Should we expect the steam patch to hit this week? Steam is pretty fast when it comes to approving patches.
tampy

Postby ThePointForward on Thu Dec 04, 2014 10:58 pm

tampy wrote:Yes finally! Should we expect the steam patch to hit this week? Steam is pretty fast when it comes to approving patches.

Steam doesn't approve patches for like 2 years now. At most they just run the game, test that the overlay is working and that's it.

VC is probably still fine tuning some stuff for PC (obviously testing on PC is more difficult than on consoles).
Or maybe they're waiting for either Sony's or Microsoft's approval just to be safe.

The only thing we know so far is that it's 3+ GB in size.
ThePointForward
Formerly Dommy73

Postby Lagoa on Fri Dec 05, 2014 4:47 am

And AGAIN 2k dont said NOTHING about PC.... i´m tired of this... :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

AGAIN:

2k, Steam are not Sony or Microsoft, so, PC patch #3 will be release at?????
FOLLOW ME ON INSTAGRAM and TWITTER @lagoanba

Please consider making a donation of any value if you like my work! :D

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?c ... source=url
Lagoa

Postby TBM on Fri Dec 05, 2014 5:16 am

Yes, Lagoa. :roll:
TBM
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Call_M3_Mr-T on Fri Dec 05, 2014 8:49 am

Calm down man.. Lol.. I don't know about you but I have been playing 2K(on pc) since 2K11 and this is by far the most support I remember getting from 2K on PC..
------------------------------Youtube / DWad3MIA------------------------------------
Call_M3_Mr-T

Postby evoserb on Fri Dec 05, 2014 9:28 am

Call_M3_Mr-T wrote:Calm down man.. Lol.. I don't know about you but I have been playing 2K(on pc) since 2K11 and this is by far the most support I remember getting from 2K on PC..

You got a good point. I mean this game is unplayable but at least there is some hope because of the 2K support/Leftos.
evoserb

Postby Lagoa on Fri Dec 05, 2014 10:23 am

Your are so soft guys, this game have 12 months of life, 3 months less now.... and 2k not fix some bugs... for 3 months i play a DEMO.

If 2k looking for a REAL testing team, with betas, demos never release a game with primary bugs. Look....a example. STATS OVERLAY no working.... the players stay on court, u cannot skip, commentator said about the stats (i not see) for 5/10s.... SOMETIMES in a GAME. Look....this bug appears in 1 or 2min of gameplay, it´s not about game 58 of the season (hard to find)....it´s a simple gameplay bug....

It´s just one little example.

Look, i like it the game, love 2k for years, but this guys have loose control with bugs year after year....

Lagoa

Postby Lagoa on Fri Dec 05, 2014 11:44 am

Hey guys, but its just my opinion ok? I will not try to kill another opinion...lol ;)

Lagoa

Postby tampy on Fri Dec 05, 2014 12:38 pm

Dommy73 wrote:
tampy wrote:Yes finally! Should we expect the steam patch to hit this week? Steam is pretty fast when it comes to approving patches.

Steam doesn't approve patches for like 2 years now. At most they just run the game, test that the overlay is working and that's it.

VC is probably still fine tuning some stuff for PC (obviously testing on PC is more difficult than on consoles).
Or maybe they're waiting for either Sony's or Microsoft's approval just to be safe.

The only thing we know so far is that it's 3+ GB in size.

I remember we got the 1st patch ahead of the consoles. I hope Leftos can give some insight when we're gonna get it..
tampy

Postby The Heavyweight on Fri Dec 05, 2014 12:59 pm

I just wish we knew if it was actually finished. Console players know their patch was submitted on the 1st, and, pending approval, should be released 10-14 days from then.

We know nothing for PC...for all we know it's still being worked on. If they are holding out until the console patches are ready (don't know what that would accomplish) then I don't know why they wouldn't just say so. Same thing applies if they are still working on it--just say so.

I wouldn't care but one of the reasons I actually bought this game when I did is because I was under the impression support would be the same as the other full-price versions. Face scanning aside, PC hasn't been slighted in the least thus far but announcing the patch for only 2 of the 3 platforms is worrying me. I just want to see an announcement like the consoles got.
The Heavyweight

Postby benji on Sat Dec 06, 2014 6:58 am

Depending on how their servers for the various features are setup, it's easier/better to update all the platforms at once along with the servers instead of doing it piecemeal. Since they can push a PC patch whenever they want, then they wait on the console approval.

If this is a significant patch as stated, then they would likely be loathe to have one platform running on a significantly different build for weeks.
benji

Postby benji on Sat Dec 06, 2014 7:02 am

Of course, I just noticed that Leftos is playing The Wolf Among Us instead of working. Which is typical of lazy developers so that's another potential explanation.
benji

Postby Call_M3_Mr-T on Sat Dec 06, 2014 7:40 am

benji wrote:Of course, I just noticed that Leftos is playing The Wolf Among Us instead of working. Which is typical of lazy developers so that's another potential explanation.

I don't know why but this was so hilarious to me..
------------------------------Youtube / DWad3MIA------------------------------------
Call_M3_Mr-T

Postby The Heavyweight on Sat Dec 06, 2014 7:59 am

benji wrote:Depending on how their servers for the various features are setup, it's easier/better to update all the platforms at once along with the servers instead of doing it piecemeal. Since they can push a PC patch whenever they want, then they wait on the console approval.

If this is a significant patch as stated, then they would likely be loathe to have one platform running on a significantly different build for weeks.

That makes a lot of sense. I don't understand why they wouldn't have just said that in the patch announcement, though. "PC patch will be released once patch is approved by MS and Sony"
The Heavyweight

Postby TBM on Sat Dec 06, 2014 8:52 am

benji wrote:Of course, I just noticed that Leftos is playing The Wolf Among Us instead of working. Which is typical of lazy developers so that's another potential explanation.

You're joking, right?
TBM
Contributor
Contributor

Postby ThePointForward on Sat Dec 06, 2014 9:29 am

TBM wrote:

You're joking, right?

I might be fairly new on this forum, but this is what I have seen people saying multiple times:
"It's benji."
ThePointForward
Formerly Dommy73

Postby Hadley88 on Sat Dec 06, 2014 12:14 pm

On Steam there is nothing to approve. If you have a Patch, you can just release it.
Hadley88

Postby benji on Sat Dec 06, 2014 2:12 pm

TBM wrote:You're joking, right?

No, not at all, Leftos was totally playing The Wolf Among Us and then the new Telltale Game of Thrones during what should be WORKING HOURS.

I probably should have told on him to Ronald2K or something.
benji

Postby tarheelphenom on Sat Dec 06, 2014 4:15 pm

You think that's going to get the patch out quicker? So you're the teachers pet type dude taddling on people huh.
tarheelphenom

Postby TBM on Sun Dec 07, 2014 4:18 am

^ He's trolling.
TBM
Contributor
Contributor

Postby benji on Sun Dec 07, 2014 7:24 am

tarheelphenom wrote:You think that's going to get the patch out quicker? So you're the teachers pet type dude taddling on people huh.

Actually, it's about ethics in video game development.
benji

Postby ThePointForward on Sun Dec 07, 2014 12:12 pm

benji wrote:
tarheelphenom wrote:You think that's going to get the patch out quicker? So you're the teachers pet type dude taddling on people huh.

Actually, it's about ethics in video game development.

But lazy devs are people too and they have the right to play games in their working hours like the rest of us.

Actually devs aren't lazy. It's a programmer thing. :D
ThePointForward
Formerly Dommy73

PreviousNext

Return to NBA 2K15