[Tool] RED Modding Center (Current v. 5.0)

A hub for everything related to NBA 2K15 modding. Releases, previews, requests, and other modding discussion belongs here.

Re: [Tool] RED Modding Center (Current v. 4.1)

Postby TBM on Sat Nov 22, 2014 6:09 am

Lagoa wrote:Courts textures working on 4.1 on not yet?

Nope.

robfields89 wrote:And in one fell swoop 2K just effectively killed off NBA 2K modding

RIP REDitor

Stop being willfully ignorant.

viewtopic.php?f=159&t=97283
TBM
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Venoms on Sat Nov 22, 2014 6:53 am

hope someone fix the boston celtics court......and others court like the clippers,denver,miami, :(
Venoms

Postby melomanu20 on Sat Nov 22, 2014 8:39 am

Vlad.. i hope there is a way that we can still convert CFs to older games such as 2k12 that are saved with redmc. CF makers are saving there patches with the new redmc feature you made but now 2k12 users cannot convert these great new faces completely because saving it the the redmc basically locks the dam CF. So i hope there can be a way to convert that rmce file back to a n2km file. :?
melomanu20

Postby Tha King on Sat Nov 22, 2014 1:23 pm

Vl@d Zola Jr. wrote:
TBM wrote:Have you officially been hired?

Yes.

I just wanted to let you know that your latest version of this tool is still not able to import different texture into 2k15.

An example is highly welcome. I still have a few days to fix issues.

Woaw man hope you can fix the bugs first. Congratulations!
You can now donate to me, to make me more motivated on patching! thank you for those who are supporting me.
Tha King

Postby Kevin on Sat Nov 22, 2014 1:34 pm

Vlad, since you mentioned in one of the podcasts here in NLSC that if you are ever hired by 2k, you'll make the REDitors free. Does that statement still stand right now?
Rest In Peace Kobe
Kevin
Fuck the Celtics

Postby TBM on Sat Nov 22, 2014 2:01 pm

KevinParker13 wrote:Vlad, since you mentioned in one of the podcasts here in NLSC that if you are ever hired by 2k, you'll make the REDitors free. Does that statement still stand right now?

He already said no.
TBM
Contributor
Contributor

Postby JBulls on Sat Nov 22, 2014 4:45 pm

why the change of heart? i guess there's no hope of open source red mc either
JBulls

Postby Angelo on Sat Nov 22, 2014 5:26 pm

Well its sad that you are leaving but anyways congrats on your new job Vlad (Y)
Angelo
Holy Tits
NLSC Team Member

Postby maumau78 on Sat Nov 22, 2014 5:39 pm

Happy for you Vlad!

And thanks for all your work during these years over NLSC
"I open at the close"

Dumbledore

You like my works? Support me! Donations Link Below:
https://paypal.me/maumau78mods
https://twitter.com/MauroAnceschi
https://www.youtube.com/user/anceschmau78/videos
maumau78
Contributor
Contributor

Postby mcoll86 on Sun Nov 23, 2014 12:50 am

he vlad answering questions about lice key issues. i had redo the coupter something was making unbootable. so and tried putting in keys. they accpet it, but wont open any of files?
mcoll86

Postby MiamiThrice on Sun Nov 23, 2014 4:48 am

Hey Vlad,

A while back I purchased life-long licenses for all of the iff editing features of RED MC (other than 2K15 OGG audio which at the time you had not added yet).

However, for whatever reason, the names-numbers indexing feature is not working!!!

Whenever I open a uniform file and click on the files of type NAME, I only get an import and export button. To my understanding, I should be seeing a third button (I think it should be an "edit" button) in order to change the placement/spacing of the letters and numbers for the jersey as I saw in Jao's Video Tutorial (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHt70lU ... g&index=33), but I am not getting the Edit button at all!

I double checked I had ordered it, and in the Ordering window of RED MC, under already purchased, it says life-long for names-numbers indexing so I know that I did in fact order that feature.

If you could please try to help me out before moving on to 2K, I would greatly appreciate it as I would really like to use this feature in the near future to do some jersey mods which require me to have the names-numbers indexing in order to make the numbers and names show up properly on the modded jerseys. Specifically when I mod any Miami Heat jerseys, things can get messed up because of their slanted numbers in comparison to most other team's jerseys.

If you want/need, I can send you an email so that you can possibly send me a new license key for that feature. I don't know if the license is the issue or not though because it does show I already purchased the life-long license but yet I see no Edit button.

Anyways, I would really appreciate some help!!!

Additionally, I have forgotten, do the iff file editing licenses work for 2K13 and 2K14 files? Also, do they now work for 2K15 files too? (I could do names-numbers indexing on uniform files for all 3 games?).

Lastly, more of a general question.

For how much longer will you still be troubleshooting issues with RED MC and/or accepting orders from people for 2K13/2K14/2K15 features?

I might decide to order the feature for 2K15 OGG Audio at some point, but I would like to know if I have some time to decide or if I must get any last orders into you by a certain date!

Basically, will you still be able to do anything RED MC related once you start for 2K, even if it is just taking orders for features which you have already implemented. Obviously, I realize you won't be able to work on adding any new features for 2K15 or future games once you join 2K!

Finally, I was really hoping to have a roster editor for 2K15 from you, but I understand why that won't be happening, so as some others have already done, I would like to ask/suggest to you to please give some hints/tips to people like gregkwaste before you head to 2K about how you decrypted / broke down roster files in the past so that hopefully one day soon, Greg or someone else might be able to develop a working roster editor for NBA 2K15 and possibly future NBA 2K games as well!

Thank you very much for all you have brought to the modding community over the years, and I would really appreciate it if you could help me get the names-numbers indexing working before you embark on your new journey with 2K!!! Congratulations!!!

EDIT: P.S. - I just tested my RED MC and it appears as though the text editing feature is also not working (I tried it for 2K13 and 2K14 english.iff files), so if you could help me out with that as well that would be amazing!!! And yes, I do have a life-long license for that feature also! Thanks again for your help!!!

EDIT #2: Sorry for such a long post!!! However, I have one more question for you Vlad! I am trying to import textures into NBA 2K15 via RED MC (e.g. replacing default portraits with 2014-15 media day portraits). What I did was export and open File99500.iff (chris bosh headshot/portrait). Then I exported as dds and was able to view Chris Bosh's default portrait in GIMP 2.8. I then opened a JPEG file of Chris Bosh's media day headshot in GIMP as well and edited it to be 1024x1024 pixels. I then using GIMP exported/saved that 1024x1024 image as a dds (converted from JPEG) with compression BC3 / DXT5 and generated mipmaps. From there I used RED MC to import the new dds into the exported File99500.iff from before. After that, I again used RED MC to import the newly modified File99500.iff back into the NBA2K15.exe (0A and 0L were modified - 0L contains all the Miami Heat files) and it too appeared to be imported successfully. However, when I then loaded up the game after that and played as the Heat, my new Chris Bosh photo doesn't show up when Ernie and Shaq show the Starting Fives and now the area where his headshot should be is blank so I guess I didn't follow the proper procedure to swap portraits/dds images/iff files or RED MC is not correctly modifying the files in order to properly display the imported photo in the game. I know the original portrait files are 512x512 and not 1024x1024, but I figured as with 2K13 and 2K14, I should be able to increase the texture size seeing as though I have the life-long license for textures as well!!!

Please let me know if I can't increase the texture size for 2K15 and must only use 512x512 or if that is not the case then I would appreciate your insight as to why what I did, mentioned above, did not work properly. One idea I have is I heard some people saying 2K now uses dxt10 for some things. Would I need to compress the dds with dxt10 instead of dxt5? If so, what program can I use to do so because GIMP 2.8 can only compress up to dxt5 as far as I can tell? I might check to see if there is a newer version of GIMP available which supports dxt10 if that is in fact what I need to be using!!!

Thanks again for the help and REALLY SORRY FOR THE ENORMOUS POST!!!
Last edited by MiamiThrice on Sun Nov 23, 2014 8:27 am, edited 3 times in total.
MiamiThrice

Postby PeacemanNOT on Sun Nov 23, 2014 6:05 am

So are you going to be releasing this tool free since you're taking a break from modding and going to work with 2K?
Donate if you'd like to:
Paypal - https://paypal.me/PeacemanNOT
PeacemanNOT
Useless Member
Contributor

Postby Kevin on Sun Nov 23, 2014 6:18 am

PeacemanNOT wrote:So are you going to be releasing this tool free since you're taking a break from modding and going to work with 2K?
He said no.
Rest In Peace Kobe
Kevin
Fuck the Celtics

Postby PeacemanNOT on Sun Nov 23, 2014 11:13 am

Even after getting a big pay check off 2K for his work... I hate to say it but don't you think it's a bit greedy to get people to pay for a mod tool that you're not going to update in the future?
Donate if you'd like to:
Paypal - https://paypal.me/PeacemanNOT
PeacemanNOT
Useless Member
Contributor

Postby Kevin on Sun Nov 23, 2014 3:05 pm

Let it go, man. Please.

It's not greedy when you've worked 24/7 to produce this tool, which by the way, is created from scratch.
Rest In Peace Kobe
Kevin
Fuck the Celtics

Postby JBulls on Sun Nov 23, 2014 3:35 pm

KevinParker13 wrote:Let it go, man. Please.

It's not greedy when you've worked 24/7 to produce this tool, which by the way, is created from scratch.

Right, but it better work as advertised after he's gone.
JBulls

Postby Call_M3_Mr-T on Sun Nov 23, 2014 4:06 pm

JBulls wrote:
KevinParker13 wrote:Let it go, man. Please.

Right, but it better work as advertised after he's gone.

This..
------------------------------Youtube / DWad3MIA------------------------------------
Call_M3_Mr-T

Postby Murat on Sun Nov 23, 2014 6:24 pm

Vlad, I adore your work!

Good luck.
Murat
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Hopsin on Mon Nov 24, 2014 5:22 am

If you're leaving why not just release it? I'm not saying that cause I want it for free (cause I don't even mod.) but it would help alot more if you released it or gave it to certain people open sourced.
It would only benefit rather than sit and do nothing. Especially considering the fact that there's still tons of bugs and only a few days to fix them before you can't touch it again.

Of course it's up to you, but it just seems more logical this way.

On a different note congratulations and good luck on your journey! I hope you make the best of it!
Hopsin

Postby Vl@d Zola Jr. on Mon Nov 24, 2014 7:40 am

I exported every OP file which are the knicks team into dds. I edit their portrait's and team logo's by using gimp. Once i finish edited the file on gimp, i would import them back into the redMC tool and save the files that i edited on gimp. Once i open up the nba 2k15 game to see if the result was there, There are no edited result in the game. knicks logo's and portraits are the same. I purchase the full tool on REDMC so i should be zero problems

Well, basically you should:
1) Export IFF file out of NBA 2K15 repository
2) Export texture out of the IFF file
3) Edit the texture
4) Import the texture back into the IFF file
5) Import the IFF file back into NBA 2K15 repository.

I think, you don't do step 5, so there is no visible result in the game... I was successfully able to edit jerseys.

Vl@d Zola Jr., first of all congratulation! wish you all the best on new way of your life. I need to ask about something which is most important for me. Reditor will work correctly after your sign with 2k? I dont care about 2k15 features. My 2k13/14 license very often stop working in the past, i dont think i will be able to send you email asking for help, first- because of your 2k contracts details, second- because you will be very busy in the near future.

Support will be continued, whether by me or by my friend. But there won't be any new features implemented.

Courts textures working on 4.1 on not yet?

They work in 4.2 ;)

Vlad.. i hope there is a way that we can still convert CFs to older games such as 2k12 that are saved with redmc.

Do you mean textures or models?
Textures are pretty convertible, using the DDS format. I have never worked on models for any of the NBA games, so have no idea about that.

Vlad, since you mentioned in one of the podcasts here in NLSC that if you are ever hired by 2k, you'll make the REDitors free. Does that statement still stand right now?

No, it doesn't stand right now.
If everything goes fine for me in 2K, then early in summer, i think, it will become free.

i guess there's no hope of open source red mc either

No open source. ;)

he vlad answering questions about lice key issues. i had redo the coupter something was making unbootable. so and tried putting in keys. they accpet it, but wont open any of files?

Please, e-mail me to REDitor@ya.ru about any licensing issues.

If you want/need, I can send you an email so that you can possibly send me a new license key for that feature. I don't know if the license is the issue or not though because it does show I already purchased the life-long license but yet I see no Edit button.

Yes, e-mail me, please. Probably, a new key is required.

Additionally, I have forgotten, do the iff file editing licenses work for 2K13 and 2K14 files? Also, do they now work for 2K15 files too?

Yes, they work on 2K14 and 2K13 and 2K12. Texture license also works on 2K15.

For how much longer will you still be troubleshooting issues with RED MC and/or accepting orders from people for 2K13/2K14/2K15 features?

Until it becomes freeware. But no new features, you are right.

EDIT #2:

I'll test it out in the next couple of days.

====================

Thanks for your congratulations, guys!
And, please, welcome v. 4.2
Vl@d Zola Jr.
Contributor
Contributor

Re: [Tool] RED Modding Center (Current v. 4.2)

Postby TBM on Mon Nov 24, 2014 8:13 am

0G, stream read error clicking file1 in File186986.iff.
TBM
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Lagoa on Mon Nov 24, 2014 8:58 am

Ok Vlad, i´m open 0H courts file..... edit DDS but now i dont have a option to IMPORT the new .DDS to file again....

Help?
FOLLOW ME ON INSTAGRAM and TWITTER @lagoanba

Please consider making a donation of any value if you like my work! :D

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?c ... source=url
Lagoa

Postby TBM on Mon Nov 24, 2014 9:03 am

Lagoa wrote:Ok Vlad, i´m open 0H courts file..... edit DDS but now i dont have a option to IMPORT the new .DDS to file again....

Help?

viewtopic.php?f=159&t=97501

PM me. :wink:
TBM
Contributor
Contributor

Postby mlp111 on Mon Nov 24, 2014 9:50 am

Vlad... It's been two days and I hve received my iff editor key. I have also emailed you and haven't received anything!
mlp111

Postby Tha King on Mon Nov 24, 2014 2:10 pm

203651 chant_knicks Knicks Chants
310321 stadium_knicks Knicks Stadium
324778 floor_knicks Knicks Floor

If you want to try to change the courts
You can now donate to me, to make me more motivated on patching! thank you for those who are supporting me.
Tha King

PreviousNext

Return to NBA 2K15 Modding