Tutorial: Remove Micro-Stuttering

Patchmaking tutorials for NBA 2K15.

Tutorial: Remove Micro-Stuttering

Postby Kevin on Sat Oct 11, 2014 11:53 pm

Hey guys, today I’m going to show you how I removed micro-stuttering in my NBA 2k15. I am an NVidia user so I don’t know if this will work for AMD users.

KevinParker13’s solution

Mute your in-game sound and turn off After Basket replays and Action cuts.
[ Image ]

pistonnation24's solution

First up, go to your NVidia control panel.

-Click “Manage 3D Settings” .
[ Image ]

-On the right side, select NBA 2k15 for customization or if you haven’t, click the “Add” button.
[ Image ]

-After you’ve done that, scroll down the bar of the box until you’ve found the “Power Management Mode”, “Triple Buffering” and the “Multi-display/mixed-GPU acceleration” options.
[ Image ]
-Use the “Prefer Maximum performance” option for the “Power Management Mode”

-If you have a single-display monitor, use the “Single display performance mode” option for the “Multi-display/mixed-GPU acceleration”

-Then, switch “On” Triple Buffering.

-Click Apply.

Leftos’ solution

-Go to your VideoSettings.cfg in the %appdata% folder.

-Open it using notepad.

-On the 5th option, you should see VSYNC

-Put the value “2” there (Without quotations, of course)

-Should look like this VSYNC = 2

-Save.

Pdub’s solution

-Go to Device Manager
[ Image ]

-It should look like this, more or less.
[ Image ]

-Then scroll down until you’ve found this:
[ Image ]

-Right click the High Definition Audio Device

-Disable it.

-Done.

tjangel07's solution

-Right click nba2k15.exe.
-Go to properties.
-Then go to the compatibility tab.
-Tick the radio button, "Run this program as administrator"
-Click Apply.

Credits to those people mentioned above. Enjoy 2k15, everyone!
Last edited by Kevin on Sun Oct 12, 2014 12:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
This topic was moved from NBA 2K15 by Andrew on Sun Oct 12, 2014 9:31 am.
Rest In Peace Kobe
Kevin
Fuck the Celtics

Re: Tutorial: Remove Micro-Stuttering

Postby tjangel07 on Sat Oct 11, 2014 11:57 pm

Add my solution.
Right click nba2k15.exe.
Go to properties.
Then to the compatibility tab.
Then click Run this program as administrator.
Now click apply.
Specs: Ryzen 3600. GTX 1070 Ti. 16gb RAM.
tjangel07

Postby Kevin on Sat Oct 11, 2014 11:57 pm

tjangel07 wrote:Add my solution.
Right click nba2k15.exe.
Go to properties.
Then to the compatibility tab.
Then click Run this program as administrator.
Now click apply.
Will do.
Rest In Peace Kobe
Kevin
Fuck the Celtics

Postby Donatinini on Sun Oct 12, 2014 12:07 am

Not sure if Lefto's is a solution... I think it was a test for feedback purposes.

Anyway, none of those tips work for me unfortunately (AMD User).
All things are subject to interpretation whichever interpretation prevails at a given time is a function of power and not truth - Friedrich Nietzsche
Donatinini

Postby TBM on Sun Oct 12, 2014 12:07 am

To be fair, that's not Leftos' solution. He was just asking if it would work to help narrow down the cause of the stutter.
TBM
Contributor
Contributor

Postby deluxxe on Sun Oct 12, 2014 1:34 am

Donatinini wrote:Not sure if Lefto's is a solution... I think it was a test for feedback purposes.

Are you running the game at solid 60fps? I notice that anything lower than 60 causes stutter on my setup. Even 55fps will stutter.
As long as it's a steady 60 it's smooth as butter.

run it with Fraps to make sure.

I think there may be some confusion between micro-stutter, and just regular old framerate stutter.
deluxxe

Postby lilchris14 on Sun Oct 12, 2014 2:17 am

Donatinini wrote:Not sure if Lefto's is a solution... I think it was a test for feedback purposes.

Try What Lagoa did... I tried this and it works...

1 - Go to your GPU settings and put V-sync ALWAYS ON.
2 - With game running, send CTRL+ALT+DEL, windows will back to desktop (game still running)
3 - Now, select the game in windows bar and back to play. Here, stutterring is 90% gone.
lilchris14

Postby lordofbrnaze on Sun Oct 12, 2014 2:33 am

hi guys, i have a really bad rig, but this thing solved most of my stuttering..go to %appdata%-roaming-nba2k15- and open your videosettings with notepad. then change option called ''SUPERSAMPLE'' to 0
I play on all low, but hey, its playable..im sorry but i dont know if its working on medium or high setting..glad if it helped, cheers :D
lordofbrnaze

Postby Donatinini on Sun Oct 12, 2014 3:03 am

deluxxe wrote:

Are you running the game at solid 60fps? I notice that anything lower than 60 causes stutter on my setup. Even 55fps will stutter.

I think there may be some confusion between micro-stutter, and just regular old framerate stutter.

You're right ! It does work fine with solid 60 FPS.

But tell me, isn't it supposed to be fine to the eyes with 45+ FPS ?

@lilchris14 : Thanks for the tips, I'll try it.
Last edited by Donatinini on Sun Oct 12, 2014 3:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
All things are subject to interpretation whichever interpretation prevails at a given time is a function of power and not truth - Friedrich Nietzsche
Donatinini

Postby deluxxe on Sun Oct 12, 2014 3:12 am

Donatinini wrote:
deluxxe wrote:

@lilchris14 : Thanks for the tips, I'll try it. But for now I cannot force my gpu to v-sync when disabled in settings. Tried with CCC, with RadeonPro...

In most games, 45fps would be fine. But in this game it isnt. There is something weird with the engine. Anything less than 60fps and things just fall apart. The animations feel like they are in slowmotion and it stutters like mad. I guess the animations and gameplay speed are heavily tied to the 60fps framerate target. The only solution for the stutter is to turn settings down until it hits 60 fps constantly. This can usually be done by turning Special Effects off.

I'm worried that people are talking about 2 different things here. :roll:

micro-stuttering: happens at 60fps and is something totally different than low framerate stutter (cannot be fixed by lowering graphics settings)
normal stuttering: happens at anything below 60fps and is just part of the engine (can be fixed by lowering graphic settings)

These are not the same thing. Hopefully we didn't confuse Leftos :roll: :roll: :roll:
Last edited by deluxxe on Sun Oct 12, 2014 3:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
deluxxe

Postby Donatinini on Sun Oct 12, 2014 3:17 am

deluxxe wrote:
Donatinini wrote:
deluxxe wrote:

@lilchris14 : Thanks for the tips, I'll try it. But for now I cannot force my gpu to v-sync when disabled in settings. Tried with CCC, with RadeonPro...

In most games, 45fps would be fine. But in this game it isnt. There is something weird with the engine. Anything less than 60fps and things just fall apart. The animations feel like they are in slowmotion and it stutters like mad. I guess the animations and gameplay speed are heavily tied to the 60fps framerate target. The only solution for the stutter is to turn settings down until it hits 60 fps constantly. This can usually be done by turning Special Effects off.

I'm worried that people are talking about 2 different things here. :roll:

micro-stuttering: happens at 60fps and is something totally different than low framerate stutter.
normal stuttering: happens at anything below 60fps and is just part of the engine

These are not the same thing. Hopefully we didn't confuse Leftos :roll: :roll: :roll:

Thanks for this explanation.
Donatinini

Postby Answer348 on Sun Oct 12, 2014 3:30 am

The issue is with the audio conflict. Disabling your sound driver is the only way to fix the micro-stuttering.
Answer348

Postby Kevin on Sun Oct 12, 2014 3:46 am

That's what is said on that tutorial, right? Or did I disable the wrong driver?
Rest In Peace Kobe
Kevin
Fuck the Celtics

Postby Mifa21 on Mon Oct 13, 2014 4:50 am

[ Image ]

-On the right side, select NBA 2k15 for customization or if you haven’t, click the “Add” button.
[ Image ]

-After you’ve done that, scroll down the bar of the box until you’ve found the “Power Management Mode”, “Triple Buffering” and the “Multi-display/mixed-GPU acceleration” options.
[ Image ]

-If you have a single-display monitor, use the “Single display performance mode” option for the “Multi-display/mixed-GPU acceleration”

-Click Apply.

Oh my gosh... Thank YOU!!! :bowdown: :bowdown2: That's works for me :D Oh my... 1 million thank's (Y) (Y) (Y)
Mifa21

Postby Kevin on Mon Oct 13, 2014 4:52 am

Mifa21 wrote:

[ Image ]

[ Image ]

[ Image ]

-Click Apply.

Oh my gosh... Thank YOU!!! :bowdown: :bowdown2: That's works for me :D Oh my... 1 million thank's (Y) (Y) (Y)
Good to know :D
Rest In Peace Kobe
Kevin
Fuck the Celtics

Postby seanbarkley on Mon Oct 13, 2014 5:52 am

KevinParker13 wrote:
Mifa21 wrote:

[ Image ]

[ Image ]

[ Image ]

-Click Apply.

Good to know :D

Didn't work 4 me... :/
If you like my work I appreciate any help: https://www.paypal.me/s3anbarkl3y
seanbarkley

Postby Mifa21 on Tue Oct 14, 2014 3:52 am

KevinParker13 wrote:Good to know :D

Big thank's for you for this tutorial, and all guys, who find way to kill micro-stuttering :bowdown2: You have a great forum, I wish prosperity this forum :wink: Many thanks from Crimea, Russia :)
Mifa21

Postby intruda on Tue Oct 14, 2014 7:43 am

Hey put a note that leftos suggestion locks your fps to 30.
intruda

Postby bigh0rt on Tue Oct 14, 2014 9:01 am

This actually seems to be the most successful solution, by my completely unscientific observations, and definitely deserves to be on, if not at the top of, the list.

strobox88 wrote:I went into task manager and set my priority for NBA 2k15 to "Above Normal". Also, I set the affinity by unchecking a core, clicking OK, and then resetting it to use all cores again. Used to be a trick to solve micro-stuttering in NBA 2k13 and 2k14 and it seems to work for me on NBA 2k15 as well. Can anyone else confirm this works for them as well?

It came from Leftos' thread requesting feedback, and there's a lot of replies to this post saying it worked wonders for them. (Y)
bigh0rt
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby seanbarkley on Wed Oct 15, 2014 3:41 am

bigh0rt wrote:This actually seems to be the most successful solution, by my completely unscientific observations, and definitely deserves to be on, if not at the top of, the list.

strobox88 wrote:I went into task manager and set my priority for NBA 2k15 to "Above Normal". Also, I set the affinity by unchecking a core, clicking OK, and then resetting it to use all cores again. Used to be a trick to solve micro-stuttering in NBA 2k13 and 2k14 and it seems to work for me on NBA 2k15 as well. Can anyone else confirm this works for them as well?

It came from Leftos' thread requesting feedback, and there's a lot of replies to this post saying it worked wonders for them. (Y)

Unchecking the core made the trick! Now I have 0.0 stuttering maxing the game out! :applaud: This even made the temperature of my GPU drop 4-5 degrees.
seanbarkley

Postby fordtech99 on Wed Oct 15, 2014 6:56 am

seanbarkley wrote:
bigh0rt wrote:This actually seems to be the most successful solution, by my completely unscientific observations, and definitely deserves to be on, if not at the top of, the list.

Unchecking the core made the trick! Now I have 0.0 stuttering maxing the game out! :applaud: This even made the temperature of my GPU drop 4-5 degrees.

SeanBarkley are you saying that you left one of your cores unchecked and clicked ok or that you unchecked one of them clicked ok then selected the "use all'' box and then clicked ok
fordtech99

Postby seanbarkley on Wed Oct 15, 2014 7:47 am

I just left one of the cores unchecked and clicked ok (I had set the priority to "above normal" previously).
seanbarkley

Postby bigh0rt on Wed Oct 15, 2014 7:55 am

seanbarkley, great to hear. Hope you're enjoying your stutter free play. (Y) (Y)
bigh0rt
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby pistonnation on Wed Oct 15, 2014 8:10 am

I really like this thread, and I'm glad I could contribute to it! But, I believe my name is misspelled. "pistonnation24"? :lol: just remove the "24" and we are good. (Y) So happy to see that it helped some people! :applaud:
Detroit Pistons Fan Forever! ~pistonnation

pistonnation

Postby ujangendut on Wed Oct 15, 2014 3:15 pm

anyone have a try with radeonpro settings?
Sorry for my bad english .. cause im indonesian :D
ujangendut

Next

Return to NBA 2K15 Tutorials & FAQs