Games you're playing right now, and my freetime's demise

Other video games, TV shows, movies, general chit-chat...this is an all-purpose off-topic board where you can talk about anything that doesn't have its own dedicated section.

Re: Games you're playing right now, and my freetime's demise

Postby [Q] on Thu Aug 28, 2014 4:48 pm

Soooo got my hands on the Live 14 demo and I actually think it's a lot of fun. Sure, it's merely a slightly better version of Live 10, but Live 10 was a game that I liked.
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby formx on Thu Aug 28, 2014 5:51 pm

I also got into The Crew beta. I don't know what the game is about tho. :lol:

PhatGeezer wrote:NovU, you're a fantasy bball hero to me and all but I don't know why whenever I see you post in this thread it reminds me of me checking my balls for bumps whenever I see those testicular cancer awareness ads on tv... Once I felt nothing unusual on it, I know everything will be fine...
formx

Postby Andrew on Thu Aug 28, 2014 8:17 pm

Qballer wrote:Soooo got my hands on the Live 14 demo and I actually think it's a lot of fun. Sure, it's merely a slightly better version of Live 10, but Live 10 was a game that I liked.

Sounds like your current custom title may not be misplaced. ;)
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby [Q] on Fri Aug 29, 2014 2:30 pm

Yeah Live 15 went from a "maybe" to "probably" with the Live 14 demo (y)
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby Jeffx on Sat Aug 30, 2014 9:07 am

The Gamespy servers are gone for good, so more online fragging for us PS3 Unreal Tournament plays. Sucks, but I downloaded a shitload of new maps. For anyone still rocking UT3, I highly recommend these. You can download them at http://www.ut3mod.com and http://www.mapraider.com

Agony 2, Anor, Calibrah, Cath, CodexFE, Conveyor, Egitim, Fractal, Gardenia, HellsGate, Icy Apex, Koos Galleon, Krodan, Liandri, MarauderSE, Mcc-SpaceNoxx, Oblivion, Phobos, Phobos(Low Gravity), Pressure 3, Pyramid, RB-Barricade, RB-Morpheus99, Shrapnel, Stalwart, Steam Temple, TempestX, TempestX2, UOF-Peak, UT3-Curse, Viridian Tourney, Worm

UT3 is more fun now thanks to all these mods.
Jeffx

Postby Kevin on Fri Sep 12, 2014 8:34 pm

Getting Dead Rising 3 later! Can't wait to play that game
Rest In Peace Kobe
Kevin
Fuck the Celtics

Postby deihatein on Sat Sep 13, 2014 4:18 am

Finished The Last of Us not too long ago. I enjoyed it although I'm torn on how it ended, probably because I find the male main character kind of an ass in the end and I get the message they are trying to get across but I wish they went the other direction(so that there is a room for a sequel). Might play it a second time just to get all the collectibles and to see if I could finished the game with just the pistol on hand.

Also playing Ni No Kuni. It's pokemon but with a much more complicated mechanic than pokemon.
shadowgrin wrote:Quick question: who is better in basketball, a black dude or a pinoy dude. If you thought or considered for a moment that it's the black dude then you're also a little bit racist.

End of any racist discussion.

Pinoy > Dallas Mavericks
deihatein
Like he never left!

Postby [Q] on Sat Sep 13, 2014 11:37 am

Got a PS4. Playing Destiny. I'm actually having a little more fun than I expected. I didn't like Halo, but online multiplayer is actually pretty decent
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby zzcoolj21 on Mon Sep 15, 2014 9:17 am

Just bought manhunt. Time to see what all the fuss is about.
zzcoolj21
20% on Good release machine, The NLSC's Jr Smith

Postby el badman on Mon Sep 15, 2014 10:21 am

I used to be a huge FIFA fan back in the day but I hadn't played any of them for many years, and I gotta say the PC demo for FIFA 2015 was very impressive, I'll probably end up buying the game.
Other than that, recently finished season 1 of The Wolf Among Us, season 2 of the Walking Dead, and now playing Assassin's Creed IV and replaying Metro: Last Light.
El Badmanator VI: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X @3.7GHz, Nvidia GTX 3090 24GB; Acer Predator XB273K 4K 27"Monitor; Samsung NVMe EVO 970 1TB / Samsung EVO Pro 500GS SSD; Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite; T-Force RAM DDR4-4000 32GB RAM; EVGA G5 850W PSU; Corsair iCUE H100i CPU Liquid Cooler; Razer DeathAdder Chroma wireless gaming mouse; HyperX Cloud Flight S wireless headset; Logitech G560 speakers; Razer Black Widow v3 mechanical keyboard; PS5 Dualsense controller; Rosewill Cullinan V500 gaming case; Windows 10 Pro 64bit
el badman's bandcamp
el badman
Last of the Meheecans

Postby Cpt(K) on Fri Sep 19, 2014 4:18 pm

I'm going to explode with anticipation for this title. It's absolutely amazing that it's been announced for release in February next year!
phpBB [video]
Cpt(K)

Postby shadowgrin on Fri Sep 19, 2014 6:46 pm

My balls got goosebumps watching that.
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
JaoSming2KTV wrote:its fun on a bun
shadowgrin
Doesn't negotiate with terrorists. NLSC's Jefferson Davis. The Questioneer

Postby Andrew on Fri Sep 19, 2014 6:57 pm

Played a little of Sid Meier's Pirates!, in honour of International Talk Like A Pirate Day.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Cpt(K) on Sun Sep 21, 2014 5:10 am

Wow, I didn't know that exists, looks like I learned something new today. Anyway, as I said I'm really hyped for Bloodborne. So much I've decided to order those extra DLC for Dark Souls II, supposedly there's supposed to be 3 of e'm. However, rumors have been said that there's more potentially coming. Bloodborne really looks like an awesome game, the player to player encounters (from what I've read somewhere) may be at random- and your visitor can choose between aiding you and... ailing you. I would very much like to see it this way, especially since you can no longer distinguish friendly players from hostile ones (I think).

I was just starting a new game of Dark Souls II a couple of days ago and I must say that I can understand why the developers appear to have removed or altered the dodge-rolls. I see a lot of side stepping and lunging, which is different from the usual variety of rolls (fast, normal, slow) dependent on your equipment load. One feature similar to this I'd like to see a return, is the inventory weight which was used in Demon's Souls (I'll never understand why they got rid of it). After all, the bottomless box serves the purpose of keeping stock.

The player shouldn't be able to carry multiple great swords, great axes, Spears, Lances, rapiers, daggers, staffs, chimes, curatives, and especially slabs of metal alloys at once. If I remember correctly, demon's souls even utilized weight added to the little things, like firebombs, throwing daggers, and even arrows. This presented the player with a need to tactically be prepared before they departed. These latest titles haven't in that same regard. Though because this title's theme appears to have a horror Victorian pitch to it, I could expect to have to face the difficult decision to drop certain items in favor of others. I may be wrong though.
Cpt(K)

Postby chicagoRAW on Mon Sep 22, 2014 8:13 am

Addicted to Madden Ultimate Team right now, with a side of Destiny.
chicagoRAW

Postby Kevin on Mon Sep 22, 2014 8:14 pm

I don't know if I should buy Destiny. Some say it's a great game while some said you needed the DLC to actually make it fun to play. Is there even a DLC?
Rest In Peace Kobe
Kevin
Fuck the Celtics

Postby Lean on Mon Sep 22, 2014 10:42 pm

Currently playing Dragon Age 2 whenever time permits, in-preparation for Dragon Age: Inquisition. IMO, Dragon Age 2 is still inferior than its predecessor Dragon Age: Origins. The quests are so cluttered.
Lean
The Artist Formerly Known as Crappystuff
NLSC Team Member

Postby JaoSming on Tue Sep 23, 2014 12:55 am

KevinParker13 wrote:I don't know if I should buy Destiny. Some say it's a great game while some said you needed the DLC to actually make it fun to play. Is there even a DLC?

I say it's a wait. The whole way it works really feels like a fetch, protect, go here, quest over and over again. You return to the same places but go 1 door deeper in future missions. There are new enemies, but mainly the ones you already encountered just level up with you, so in the previous mission the guys you were 1 shotting with a hand cannon now take 2-3 shots.

The gameplay itself is probably one of the best FPS games I've played. Multiplayer is amazingly fun and even the quests or missions w/e play well...its just the story and progression that gets stale very fast. And the awkward and inconsistent leveling up.
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby jenz on Tue Sep 23, 2014 9:51 am

Lean wrote:Currently playing Dragon Age 2 whenever time permits, in-preparation for Dragon Age: Inquisition. IMO, Dragon Age 2 is still inferior than its predecessor Dragon Age: Origins. The quests are so cluttered.

Right. The DA2's gameplay is awesome, Origins was a little too slow for me. However, the first one's story is just too good. I wish I still had time to play these. :(
jenz
Too cool for a custom title.

Postby Lean on Tue Sep 23, 2014 11:05 am

In defense of DA:O, it was based on older Bioware RPGs, where combat is slow and tactical. DA2 plays more of an action game. And it seems like Inquisition is like that too. And those repetitive caverns. :lame:
Lean
The Artist Formerly Known as Crappystuff
NLSC Team Member

Postby formx on Wed Sep 24, 2014 2:14 am

I guess imma be playing FIFA 15 for the next couple of hours. Cool

PhatGeezer wrote:NovU, you're a fantasy bball hero to me and all but I don't know why whenever I see you post in this thread it reminds me of me checking my balls for bumps whenever I see those testicular cancer awareness ads on tv... Once I felt nothing unusual on it, I know everything will be fine...
formx

Postby The X on Sun Sep 28, 2014 6:53 pm

Picked up PS4 today in prep for NBA 2K15. Got FIFA 15 with it so that will keep me occupied in meantime
The X
is
NLSC Team Member

Postby el badman on Fri Oct 03, 2014 6:26 am

I pre-ordered The Witcher 3 (Steam had a 10% sale and they also gave an extra 5% if either one of the previous Witcher games was in the library), and in the meantime I got Shadow Of Mordor which is quite fun, in a Batman Arkham kind of way. Still have to delve more into the gameplay mechanics but it's a pretty badass game so far.
El Badmanator VI: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X @3.7GHz, Nvidia GTX 3090 24GB; Acer Predator XB273K 4K 27"Monitor; Samsung NVMe EVO 970 1TB / Samsung EVO Pro 500GS SSD; Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite; T-Force RAM DDR4-4000 32GB RAM; EVGA G5 850W PSU; Corsair iCUE H100i CPU Liquid Cooler; Razer DeathAdder Chroma wireless gaming mouse; HyperX Cloud Flight S wireless headset; Logitech G560 speakers; Razer Black Widow v3 mechanical keyboard; PS5 Dualsense controller; Rosewill Cullinan V500 gaming case; Windows 10 Pro 64bit
el badman's bandcamp
el badman
Last of the Meheecans

Postby Patr1ck on Fri Oct 03, 2014 7:28 am

Read about Shadows of Mordor being a rehash of assassin's creed, and a repetitive one.

Looking forward to Alien Isolation as well as 2k next week.
Patr1ck
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Kevin on Fri Oct 03, 2014 3:12 pm

Played Payday 2 and it was absolutely shitty. Still enjoying LoL and Dota 2 anyways. Meanwhile, Saints Row IV's arcade-y feeling drove me out of the game.
Rest In Peace Kobe
Kevin
Fuck the Celtics

PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic