NBA Live 15 Delayed

Talk about NBA Live 15 here.

NBA Live 15 Delayed

Postby burnshroom on Tue Sep 09, 2014 7:17 am

http://www.operationsports.com/news/761 ... ober-28th/

http://www.easports.com/nba-live/news/2014/obes-open-letter-3

Hey everybody,

If you’re anything like me, after following all of the storylines leading up to this year's NBA Draft, a really entertaining NBA Summer League and all the other basketball news this summer, you're excited for the upcoming 2014-15 NBA season. It should be amazing.

The team has been pushing hard all year to make NBA LIVE 15 both look and play great, and I couldn’t be prouder of the work they’ve done. You may have seen a few early preview pieces pop up from our visits with press or our recent trip to Gamescom, and we’ve been getting some great feedback from our conversations with the media, as well as from all of the play testing we’ve been doing over the last few months.

It was great to see such a positive response to our Visuals Trailer that we released last week. We think we’ve come a long way since the launches of the Xbox One and the PlayStation 4 last November, and we’re still working on tuning certain areas in 5-on-5 gameplay. The team took on an incredible amount of work this year literally touching every single system in gameplay, focusing on providing improved control and responsiveness, as well as animation that both looks and feels great. That will be our calling card moving forward.

Considering all the work that’s gone in so far, we will be taking a few extra weeks to polish the game and make sure you get an incredible NBA experience from the moment you first boot up the title. This extra development time means we will be moving our launch date to October 28 to line up to opening night of the 2014-15 NBA season. This was a hard decision, but it’s the right one, as we are totally committed to delivering the highest-quality game we possibly can. You’ll be hearing a lot more from us over the coming weeks, starting with a brand-new gameplay blog that will give you the first details on all the ways we plan to deliver on our promises to build a better experience.

As I said, we’re very proud of the improvements we’ve made in NBA LIVE 15, and we believe with some additional time, our game will reach its full potential.

We’ll also be providing additional blogs, videos, deep-dives and more in the coming weeks as the game comes together and we prepare for launch. And as always, I encourage all of you to make up your minds and see for yourself by playing the trial when it becomes available closer to launch.
Last edited by burnshroom on Tue Sep 09, 2014 8:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
burnshroom

Re: NBA Live 15 Delayed

Postby TBM on Tue Sep 09, 2014 7:25 am

Figured that was coming. The marketing is so delayed that it almost had to be.
TBM
Contributor
Contributor

Postby zzcoolj21 on Tue Sep 09, 2014 7:30 am

Lil' Wayne wrote:I AINT GOT NO WORRIES TUNECHI!
zzcoolj21
20% on Good release machine, The NLSC's Jr Smith

Postby Andrew on Tue Sep 09, 2014 7:53 am

Strange development, with everything looking so positive so far. No official announcement as yet, either.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Patr1ck on Tue Sep 09, 2014 10:45 am

Why don't they just release it and update it later? Wasn't that the main point of that content delivery stuff they were talking about last year? The trial better be the normal release day.
Patr1ck
Administrator
Administrator

Postby ChrisCP3Paul on Tue Sep 09, 2014 11:25 am

Americas worst company 2 years in a row, I wouldn't trust them to update anything..... they promised daily synergy updates last year did they not, from what I remember they had only a few roster updates the whole season, and every one of them was late by not days but WEEKS...

I don't know what EA's gameplan is, but its obvious they either don't have one, or there's multiple people in charge there each doing something different from one day to the next.....
didn't they say something along the lines of we want to establish core gameplay stability before we make any extra additions before Live 14 released ??

I am as hopeful about this game simply due to nostalgia as I am bashful about it, I honestly would have been absolutely fine with a rock solid gameplay edition of Live 15 that only features practice mode and 5 on 5 team play, no online no nothing.... that's because if the gameplay is not proper, nothing else really matters because you're not interested in how the game plays, obviously you're never gonna get around to exploring anything else....

I really REALLY feel like they're wasting resources trying to add so much extra content in a game that doesn't even look right let alone play right.... they should have made sure 100% the gameplay is rock solid prior to making any other moves, and by that I mean not a bunch of them sitting in their office nodding their heads in unison in a circle jerk, I mean they should have gotten some hardcore guys from the community brought them out and asked what they thought about it, instead of trusting opinions of a bunch of programmers who've stepped on a basketball court once or twice in their life
ChrisCP3Paul

Postby Kevin on Tue Sep 09, 2014 12:09 pm

Not a surprise for me. We all had it coming, right? Just glad they CAN release it and not cancel it.
Rest In Peace Kobe
Kevin
Fuck the Celtics

Postby [Q] on Tue Sep 09, 2014 1:39 pm

NOOOOOOOOOOO
Pdub wrote:Why don't they just release it and update it later? Wasn't that the main point of that content delivery stuff they were talking about last year? The trial better be the normal release day.

Because haters and those lame review sites that everyone believes will rape the game out of box and no one will care if it gets updates or not
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby Patr1ck on Tue Sep 09, 2014 4:20 pm

Qballer wrote:NOOOOOOOOOOO
Pdub wrote:Why don't they just release it and update it later? Wasn't that the main point of that content delivery stuff they were talking about last year? The trial better be the normal release day.

Because haters and those lame review sites that everyone believes will rape the game out of box and no one will care if it gets updates or not

They better surprise everyone, because they are going to lose points with the delay.
Patr1ck
Administrator
Administrator

Postby ChrisCP3Paul on Tue Sep 09, 2014 4:23 pm

Qballer are you really an optimist as your sig says, in the sense that you actually believe Live 14 was the comeback, and Live 15 will be a solid game ??
or are you like me still holding onto nostalgia hoping it comes back legit one day, but sees the game for what it is in the end which is a turd that's constantly being polished
Also you disagree with the hate Live 14 got from the haters? and the reviews it got as well?

I don't understand what they can achieve with an extra 3 weeks ?? what do you guys think they are doing in that extra time, I'm really curious... the only thing that I can think of at the moment is they may be sitting waiting to see what feature 2k15 drops the ball on, and then they use those 3 weeks to make their version of that feature a better, and a talking point in the sense of "Hey 2K didn't get that right, but look at us, we did"
that would be funny to see and would really go a long way showing the true mindset of the Live team
ChrisCP3Paul

Postby Andrew on Tue Sep 09, 2014 4:28 pm

Qballer wrote:NOOOOOOOOOOO

I'm inclined to agree. First impressions count for a lot, and hurt them last year. If taking some extra time to polish up animations or whatnot can help with that first impression, I understand the decision. I expect the post-release support will still be there.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby [Q] on Tue Sep 09, 2014 5:38 pm

ChrisCP3Paul wrote:Qballer are you really an optimist as your sig says, in the sense that you actually believe Live 14 was the comeback, and Live 15 will be a solid game ??
or are you like me still holding onto nostalgia hoping it comes back legit one day, but sees the game for what it is in the end which is a turd that's constantly being polished

Look, I actually enjoyed and played the shit out of 2k7. It was a really fun game. But playing it so much gave me a good idea of what I didn't like about the 2k series of games. I simply preferred the way that Live made their games. I owned Live 07 but obviously returned it and enjoyed 2k7. Skipped Live 08 completely and played Live 09 and when I got to NBA Live 10, that was the most fun I've had playing an NBA video game since Live 06 on PS2 & PC. It wasn't perfect, but overall I had fun playing it. Didn't agree with them going to the Elite name and completely switching the buttons, but Live 14 is essentially the sequel to Live 10. After playing the demo, there are a lot of things that I liked about the game, especially since it borrows a lot from Live 10 and what they attempted to build on top of it afterwards. So yes, Live 14 is a great start imo

Also you disagree with the hate Live 14 got from the haters? and the reviews it got as well?

Now for the current generation of consoles, I agree Live 14 is nowhere near the quality (visually) that it should be at but then again the game was basically built for the last generation and would've been a decent PS3/360/PC game. I heard about the game not getting updated daily too and yeah that would have pissed me off had I bought the game. But they've made huge leaps and bounds and seriously focused on making it visually better with a ton of textures, art, and animation because they actually listened. Only idiots expect them to come out with a perfect game overnight. Some haters just don't "get it" or just don't care to. They had a couple years to reorganize, get a good crew in to work on the game, and start over. But I hope that by Live 16 or 17, people will actually give the game a chance instead of blindly hating it.

It's so trendy and popular to hate on EA as a company. but to not even try the game or expect it to be a 2k clone is not doing it any justice. people are sheep and will follow the next guy in hating anything. They'd rather spend 15 minutes reading an ign review ripping on the game, believe it, and not give it a chance instead of spending 15 minutes actually playing the game (or the fully-loaded demo) and forming their own opinion. and my god don't get me started on "review sites". They're so arbitrary and only one "expert's" opinion. IGN gave Live 14 a 4.3/10. LOL that is just one dude hating because any game that truly deserves a 4.3 doesn't make it onto the shelves (See: Live 13). What makes it worse is that people expect it to be just like 2k, which most people think is the "perfect sim" basketball game, and rip it for not being the same. People need to be more open to different interpretations of the NBA in video game form. When EA came out with Battlefield 3, I thought "oh, a Call of Duty clone". But one day, I actually gave it a chance (partly because I was tired of the same ol' same ol' from CoD) and was pleasantly surprised. I was impressed by the accuracy of the guns and realism of gameplay and found it to be better than whatever CoD game was out. Same game, different way of presenting it.

I honestly would have been absolutely fine with a rock solid gameplay edition of Live 15 that only features practice mode and 5 on 5 team play, no online no nothing

I tend to agree because I don't play Rising Star or MyCareer or Live Seasons or anything like that, but there's no way any company trying to repair its image and brand name would release a game without any extra features. They would be ripped a new one online and be given a 2 on IGN.
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Tue Sep 09, 2014 5:53 pm

Qballer wrote:I tend to agree because I don't play Rising Star or MyCareer or Live Seasons or anything like that, but there's no way any company trying to repair its image and brand name would release a game without any extra features. They would be ripped a new one online and be given a 2 on IGN.

NBA Live 06 on Xbox 360 comes to mind.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby [Q] on Tue Sep 09, 2014 5:55 pm

Yeah but that was coming off great games in Live 2005 & 06 on PC/Xbox/PS2 and they had the excuse of the new generation of consoles.
In this scenario, they'd already been out of the game 3 years before Live 14, so to release another barebones game would've been career suicide.
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Tue Sep 09, 2014 5:56 pm

Agreed, but bottom line I was agreeing with your point; it can't be completely barebones, though some things are going to fall by the wayside while certain areas are focused upon.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby [Q] on Tue Sep 09, 2014 5:58 pm

and again this time they have the "excuse" of a new console but don't have the luxury of previous success, so the heat is definitely on to improve quickly here.
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Tue Sep 09, 2014 6:01 pm

Indeed. All the same, the bells and whistles don't matter much if the core experience is unsatisfactory.

Fortunately, what they're doing with game modes (and what they did last year with game modes) is a long way ahead of what they did with NBA Live 06 on 360, which wasn't on par with PC/PS2/GC. It's a long way behind what 2K is doing with MyLEAGUE, MyGM, and MyCAREER - I do think Ultimate Team is handled better than MyTEAM, though - but it'll get the job done while gameplay is the focus.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby [Q] on Tue Sep 09, 2014 6:06 pm

Andrew wrote:It's a long way behind what 2K is doing with MyLEAGUE

Well, maybe it would have been different had SOMEBODY taken a job in Florida than in Calfornia :whistle: :whistle: :lol:
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby Patr1ck on Tue Sep 09, 2014 10:04 pm

He probably would have left with Scott. :lol:
Patr1ck
Administrator
Administrator

Postby ChrisCP3Paul on Wed Sep 10, 2014 3:01 am

So guys remember when they said that the "Ignite engine" was too powerful to be run by today's PC's and that's the reason the game wasn't on PC...

well now Fifa 15 is coming to PC with it....

notice the massive quotes I used for Ignite, lol, still to this day I don't think any of us know what it really is, IF anything..... same thing with 2K's Locomotion, all they did is tighten up the foot planting a tiny bit and call it a brand new engine, but hey like Omar said right...

ChrisCP3Paul

Return to NBA Live 15