NCAA March Madness 2015-16 V2.5 MINOR UPDATE (1.10.16)

A hub for everything related to NBA 2K14 modding. Releases, previews, requests, and other modding discussion belongs here.

NCAA March Madness 2015-16 V2.5 MINOR UPDATE (1.10.16)

Postby bigh0rt on Fri Aug 22, 2014 5:49 am

If you enjoy this mod and wish to show appreciation, it would be awesome for you to Image.

NCAA March Madness 2K14 is back for the 2015-16 season!! What started as a 5-Team Demo in January of 2014 (Old MM 2K14 Thread) has turned into hands down the most accurate, complete, real life College Basketball mod in 2K Series (dare I say video game?) history! It is an unbelievable testament to the amazing community members here at the NLSC! Selfless coming together, chipping in, contributing, and helping of one another has made this project a truly special one! Some thank you's...

"I cannot thank those who have put countless hours in enough. slimm44's roster, tendencies, and sliders are the absolute best gameplay I have ever experienced with this game. monzki15 has made the visual accuracy of player faces head and shoulders above anything we've ever seen. Pepis21 has been rock solid for now a third straight year in this mod, putting out amazing uniforms and courts. Manni Live and kahoona have produced incredibly accurate and visually stunning updated courts as well. THEUNTAMEDBEAST has assisted majorly with big components from his Global to be added to a custom NCAA Global I've created on for this project. shinron15 helped out with the boot screens and other front end imagery, robsky001 with shoes... I know there's tons of names I'm leaving out, but please know that I truly appreciate every bit of work contributed. You guys are all amazing, and this would never be available for the enjoyment of everyone were it not for each of you. Thank you."

--Brendan (bigh0rt)

DOWNLOAD LINKS
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

------- NBA 2K14 Main Folder Files -------

Arenas | Cyberfaces | Floors | Logos / Teams | Menus / Misc. | Scoreboard | Uniforms | V2.0 Update Files

------- NBA 2K14 Saves Folder Files -------

V2.0 Roster & Settings

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Special Thanks to ALL of the following for their contributions, big and small, and coming together to release this incredible collaboration!
Code: Select all
Aderito
2KBM
agolden
AirAaron32
Aureus Divus
Bamz
Bassman
big-shot-ROB
BoshWadeLBJ
byronray15
droc81yo
exrxixxx
FIBA 2K14 Cyberface Creation Team
FlamingBurrito
Grossorulez
HAWK23
iamLillard
Im1averageJoe
JaoSming
jampasir
JAWSFreelao
jbg4208
JohnnyX74
kahoona
Kieran
Manni
mcoll86
Medevenx
monzki15
ngwilli411
Pepis21
Phoenix89
Pirate
portlandblazer
PrinceJohn
RayHoops1
RICH72601
Robsky001
shinron15
skoadam
slimm44
talyoputo
TGsoGood
TNeckDME
UBR Cyberface Creation Team
Vino
vnardella5
Wilt Chamberlain
zzcoolj21
bigh0rt
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Re: MARCH MADNESS 2K15 -- Early W.I.P.

Postby bigh0rt on Fri Aug 22, 2014 5:49 am

Sorry for those who were hoping for/expecting screens, or anything from this stage in the game. I just wanted to get the thread going, so on and so forth.

For anybody who wants a brief history on what we've done here, check out the MARCH MADNESS 2K14 thread. Essentially what the incredibly talented and hard working members of the NLSC were able to do last year was release the most complete, accurate, true to life college basketball game to ever hit the 2K Series, starting with a 5-Team Demo that was released in January.

With the information about NBA 2K15 for PC moving to the next gen platform, and the uncertainty of a timetable on when we can realistically expect to be able to modify graphic files and/or rosters, the smartest, safest, and best bet would seem to be to get an extremely early start on doing something that I have been told is unprecedented, and updating an NCAA mod for a later season. The thought is extremely exciting, and we've already got people working on updating rosters and graphic files and it's still August, so we are expecting to see something as early as October/November!!

droc81yo has been putting tireless work into the roster. Removing players who graduated, moved on to the professionals, or whatever other reason are no longer with their teams, and including new incoming freshmen, so on and so forth. Getting their Bios accurate, rating them, and not only creating Cyberfaces for many of the players, but using the same 'Look-A-Like' technique I used with (IMO) great success in the MM2K14 roster. I'm incredibly excited to see what he's been able to do! Him taking the reigns in this regard has really been the monumental step in taking another leap forward in updating and improving on this mod.

So, all that said, I wish there was more information to provide right now, but really this is just to give everybody a heads up that there are definite intentions to build upon last year's huge success and knock another home run out of the park with March Madness 2K15. We're always looking for anybody who can contribute here at the NLSC, in any way possible. A good place to start would be to download MM2K14, and see if you can improve upon a court, a uniform, an arena, a cyberface; anything! We had such amazing contributions last year from so many people, I know that we will able to replicate that again this year!!

Thanks!!
bigh0rt
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Re: MARCH MADNESS 2K15 -- Early W.I.P. -- Calling all Modders!

Postby zzcoolj21 on Fri Aug 22, 2014 6:06 am

In. Hopefully we will have tools within the first few months of 2k15 so this project can move to next gen.
zzcoolj21
20% on Good release machine, The NLSC's Jr Smith

Postby bigh0rt on Fri Aug 22, 2014 6:29 am

zzcoolj21 wrote:In. Hopefully we will have tools within the first few months of 2k15 so this project can move to next gen.

It's a nice thought, and maybe I'm a pessimist, but I see it being a little while. It is my understanding that the last time we switched generations, it took a substantial amount of time to get tools up and running (though maybe that was NBA Live? Or when we transitioned from Live to 2K? It was shortly after I took my hiatus from the NLSC...)

It would be nice, and of course it's always an option if things pan out, but if not, we will have an awesome mod that surpasses even last year. (Y)
bigh0rt
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby zzcoolj21 on Fri Aug 22, 2014 6:34 am

Leftos probably already has everything under control and the steam pre-order comes with a mod tool :lol:. I'm excited for whats in store for MM2k15 though. Should be a great year for pc basketball gamers.
zzcoolj21

Postby TGsoGood on Fri Aug 22, 2014 8:13 am

Once again feel free to use the 29 generic CFs I created.
Follow me on PATREON https://www.patreon.com/TGsoGood
Consider donating: http://cash.me/$TheJohnsonFamily or http://paypal.me/4TheGoods
Follow me on twitter @TGsoGood
Check me out on youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPydhZ ... PeRSmEVynQ

NBA 2K21 TGsoGood Mods and releases - viewtopic.php?f=267&t=110608
NBA 2K17 TGsoGood Mods and releases - viewtopic.php?f=225&t=102251#p1860681
NBA 2K14 TGsoGood Mods and releases - viewtopic.php?f=153&t=96056
TGsoGood
Contributor
Contributor

Postby bigh0rt on Fri Aug 22, 2014 8:31 am

TGsoGood wrote:Once again feel free to use the 29 generic CFs I created.

I directed droc81yo towards them, and believe he's definitely using them. Thanks so much again; they're great for this mod. (Y) (Y)
bigh0rt
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby Kevin on Fri Aug 22, 2014 11:21 am

I'm in. Wanted to be a part of this project for so long :D
Rest In Peace Kobe
Kevin
Fuck the Celtics

Postby NG Maker on Sat Aug 23, 2014 8:28 pm

This Is My NBA 2K15 Mod For 2K14 :)

Had To Put A Watermark In It so it wouldnt be stolen by someone tho
Credits For Erixxx
And is this about modding in NBA 2K15?
I Wish It Will Still Be edited like in nba 2k14 like the same way

"In every passing moment, there is another chance to turn it all around."-Tom Cruise (Vanilla Sky)
NG Maker

Postby JWill2000 on Sat Aug 23, 2014 8:34 pm

i'm in working with same things as droc81yo. if i can of course
JWill2000

Postby Kevin on Sat Aug 23, 2014 8:46 pm

It's for March Madness, Epic
Rest In Peace Kobe
Kevin
Fuck the Celtics

Postby droc81yo on Sun Aug 24, 2014 3:32 am

JWill2000 wrote:i'm in working with same things as droc81yo. if i can of course

I have rating/tendencies/vitals/rotations of 5 teams left( already matched their cyber faces and did names). This will be done by the end of the weekend. I also created Arizona's new jerseys. When this is completed I am going to go back through the entire roster and edit the redshirts (they were not in the game last year) and the freshman, and JUCO players I created and tweak them. Now that I purchased ESPN Insider, I have really good info for ratings and especially tendencies. I'm also going to go through the large database of CF I have permission to use (thanks bigh0rt) and try to clear out as many duplicate generic CFs as I can. (for instance the Devin Booker look a like CF is used about 10 times throughout the roster because it is the only one I have for that skin tone and hairstyle).

The advantage of starting this in early July is that I have time to get this roster as accurate and realistic as possible without having to rush anything and sacrifice producing a great final product. That being said all we need is new jerseys and of course we always need CFs. I have all the Arizona guys CFs made and some 5 stars (Alexander, Okafor, Oubre, and Turner) that JPark gave me permission to use. I believe he is making some more as well.

If anyone makes jerseys , CFs or court updates just let me know and I will add them in the game.

P.S. I've played quite a few games to test out rotations and player tendencies and these are a lot of fun, can't wait till it's finished!
droc81yo

Postby bigh0rt on Sun Aug 24, 2014 4:21 am

droc81yo, another great resource is Phoenix's thread. He's done a lot of guys who don't have wildly recognizable faces, and out of context, look 'generic', and are top quality. He's also given me permission to use his work in March Madness.

Also, all of the teams (IIRC, maybe a few of the last ones I added didn't have them, but I believe they did), have accurate Playing Styles, and in a lot of cases, Playbooks (based off of slimm's findings for what plays work and what are broken, etc.) for their 2014 selves. I would definitely, at the very least, use those as templates for the 2015 update. It's a large reason (along with the Settings and Ratings/Tendencies) that the game plays like an NCAA version, rather than the NBA counterpart.

Thrilled to see all the work you've done, droc81yo. (Y) (Y)
bigh0rt
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby JWill2000 on Sun Aug 24, 2014 4:55 am

bigh0rt wrote:droc81yo, another great resource is Phoenix's thread. He's done a lot of guys who don't have wildly recognizable faces, and out of context, look 'generic', and are top quality. He's also given me permission to use his work in March Madness.

Also, all of the teams (IIRC, maybe a few of the last ones I added didn't have them, but I believe they did), have accurate Playing Styles, and in a lot of cases, Playbooks (based off of slimm's findings for what plays work and what are broken, etc.) for their 2014 selves. I would definitely, at the very least, use those as templates for the 2015 update. It's a large reason (along with the Settings and Ratings/Tendencies) that the game plays like an NCAA version, rather than the NBA counterpart.

Thrilled to see all the work you've done, droc81yo. (Y) (Y)

I have some cf's from marcelcloses5 or seasky66 or wherever his new name was. He sent ot them to me by email, we could use it. I know his attitude wasnt the best but his cfs are way better than the ones for 2015 prospects, what do you think?
JWill2000

Postby bigh0rt on Sun Aug 24, 2014 5:05 am

I only use work that I get permission to use, and I'm sure he's not my biggest fan, given that I've banned him for being such a douche.
bigh0rt
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby JWill2000 on Sun Aug 24, 2014 6:47 am

-- Mod Edit -- "Whoops im banned"
JWill2000

Postby JWIll1998 on Sun Aug 24, 2014 7:14 am

- Mod Edit - "I pee sitting down"
JWIll1998

Postby bigh0rt on Sun Aug 24, 2014 7:45 am

If there are any throwback uniforms people would like for teams that were included in MM2K14, post some screens and I'll try and add them.
bigh0rt
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby droc81yo on Mon Sep 01, 2014 4:56 am

So rosters are done. (other than maybe editing some walk-ons that are not listed yet to fill out the rosters). All players are created and have realistic attributes, and rotations are set to what they "should" be in late August. Most numbers edits are done except for a about 10 teams that don't have their rosters out yet.

That being said, I'm having one heck of a time trying to find birth dates. Even official team rosters don't always have birth dates in the player bios, and the scouting sights just have their class of high school graduation. Does anyone know a good resource for finding this info? I'm pretty close to just guestimating that all freshman are 18 turning 19 this year since it's becoming a real pain to find birth dates for quite a few of these guys.
droc81yo

Postby Emojigod on Mon Sep 01, 2014 5:02 am

How would i be able to help in the creation of this mod? Can i send someone my skype?
Emojigod

Postby bigh0rt on Mon Sep 01, 2014 6:06 am

droc81yo wrote:So rosters are done. (other than maybe editing some walk-ons that are not listed yet to fill out the rosters). All players are created and have realistic attributes, and rotations are set to what they "should" be in late August. Most numbers edits are done except for a about 10 teams that don't have their rosters out yet.

That being said, I'm having one heck of a time trying to find birth dates. Even official team rosters don't always have birth dates in the player bios, and the scouting sights just have their class of high school graduation. Does anyone know a good resource for finding this info? I'm pretty close to just guestimating that all freshman are 18 turning 19 this year since it's becoming a real pain to find birth dates for quite a few of these guys.

Birthdays are a pain because they don't list them on roster pages. However, if you go to a team's ESPN roster page, and individually click players' names, it lists their birth dates (e.g. here is Marcus Lee's). What I did whenever one was unavailable (a lot of time with red shirts, transfers, and sometimes what felt like randomly...), I left the month/day of the player I was editing, and put in a year presuming age (whatever would make them 18, 19, 20, etc.). This is something that I wouldn't recommend troubling yourself over too much, since it is such a minor detail.
bigh0rt
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby Alpha_ on Mon Sep 01, 2014 6:32 am

bigh0rt, Goodluck! :)
Alpha_
Night Knight

Postby bigh0rt on Mon Sep 01, 2014 6:58 am

Emojigod wrote:How would i be able to help in the creation of this mod? Can i send someone my skype?

Everybody is welcome to help in whatever way they're able. Uniforms are always welcome (check out the MM2K14 download, and feel free to update or upgrade anything you'd like, or make throwback uniforms, etc.), as well as courts (same -- feel free to update or upgrade). Some different arena options we could use would be fantastic, for those teams who did not get a team specific one. Just dumping all of the NBA/2K specific stuff, and replacing it with NCAA. Really, anything else you make, as well. (Y) The AAU mod is sweet, so I'm sure you can put your talents to good use.

If you make CFs, check with droc81yo to see what teams he hasn't made faces for, what ones we could use, and it'd be awesome to get those. (Y) (Y)
bigh0rt
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby Emojigod on Mon Sep 01, 2014 8:23 am

bigh0rt wrote:
Emojigod wrote:How would i be able to help in the creation of this mod? Can i send someone my skype?

Everybody is welcome to help in whatever way they're able. Uniforms are always welcome (check out the MM2K14 download, and feel free to update or upgrade anything you'd like, or make throwback uniforms, etc.), as well as courts (same -- feel free to update or upgrade). Some different arena options we could use would be fantastic, for those teams who did not get a team specific one. Just dumping all of the NBA/2K specific stuff, and replacing it with NCAA. Really, anything else you make, as well. (Y) The AAU mod is sweet, so I'm sure you can put your talents to good use.

If you make CFs, check with droc81yo to see what teams he hasn't made faces for, what ones we could use, and it'd be awesome to get those. (Y) (Y)

Sweet well ill try to look at the jerseys and do some of those plus at the same time try to work on extra things maybe courts!
Emojigod

Postby zzcoolj21 on Wed Sep 03, 2014 5:26 am

New Oklahoma jersery are already leaked.
You jumping on them bigh0rt? :cheeky:
zzcoolj21

Next

Return to NBA 2K14 Modding