TUTORIAL: How to Play With A Customized Roster for My Career (UBRv18 Supported)

Patchmaking tutorials for NBA 2K14.

TUTORIAL: How to Play With A Customized Roster for My Career (UBRv18 Supported)

Postby Retroswald13 on Mon Jun 09, 2014 11:21 am

How to Play With A Customized Roster for My Career

Hello NLSC! In this thread, I will help you play in MyCareer with a Customized Roster - whether it's my ATGT, 90s NBA by RayHoops1, Medevenx's roster, etc.

But first you need to know this. Go to your Saves folder (usually C:\Users\"PC username"\AppData\Roaming\2K Sports\NBA 2K14\Saves). When you install the game for the first time, you can see that you don't have any .ROS file or a Roster File. NBA 2K has this condition that IF YOU HAVE NO .ROS FILE IN YOUR SAVES FOLDER, it automatically runs ROSTER.IFF (usually found in "C:\Program Files\2K Sports\NBA 2K14" [for 32-bit Windows OS] or "C:\Program Files (x86)\2K Sports\NBA 2K14" [for 64-bit Windows OS]).

Now, when you update your game, you can see there's a new roster.iff file and sometimes there are no .ROS file. NBA 2K has also this condition that once there is a new roster.iff, this will now load automatically in-game. Then, how can I have my custom roster loaded for MyCareer?

Like the previous games, such as NBA 2K10, the default name of the roster in the Saves folder is Roster.ROS.

Now, do the following.

1. Go to your Saves directory.
2. Rename the roster you want to load to Roster.ROS.
3. Load Roster.ROS in the game via Options.
4. Start your new MyCareer.
5. Play the Rookie Showcase
6. Answer the GMs.
7. Get drafted.
8. To check if it's successfully loaded, go to the Team -> Rotation. Voila! :D

FOR UBR Users (Credits to intx)

I used the latest version(at this time v18) and used the Post Draft roster. The newest Assoc roster may work, just haven't tried yet.

Either way I just followed Retroswald's tutorial for renaming it to Roster.ROS however you must make sure the Online Data folder is deleted.

This folder is one up from the Saves directory in AppData. I deleted that folder then started up the game and I haven't had any crashes yet.

Enjoy Playing!
Last edited by Retroswald13 on Mon Jul 21, 2014 2:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
This topic was moved from NBA 2K14 by Andrew on Mon Jun 09, 2014 11:24 am.
Retroswald13
Oswald. Legend Mods Creator. 256 Project Starter. Real Cheerleaders. Kawaii Leonard.

Re: TUTORIAL: How to Play With A Customized Roster for My Career

Postby Andrew on Mon Jun 09, 2014 11:25 am

Nice, added to the Tutorials section. Thanks!
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Retroswald13 on Mon Jun 09, 2014 10:42 pm

You're welcome Andrew. So thrilled for my first tutorial. :cheeky:
Retroswald13
Oswald. Legend Mods Creator. 256 Project Starter. Real Cheerleaders. Kawaii Leonard.

Postby Terrabad on Mon Jun 16, 2014 7:31 pm

Thanks a lot!
Terrabad

Postby Retroswald13 on Thu Jun 19, 2014 11:15 pm

Terrabad wrote:Thanks a lot!

Your Welcome! :D
Retroswald13

Postby Minilock on Fri Jun 27, 2014 6:50 pm

Is it possible to edit roster AFTER the draft?
Minilock

Postby Retroswald13 on Mon Jun 30, 2014 1:29 am

Minilock wrote:Is it possible to edit roster AFTER the draft?

It is possible. Use the http://forums.nba-live.com/viewtopic.php?f=153&t=92987. :D
Retroswald13

Postby chirobee on Wed Jul 02, 2014 2:31 pm

:whistle: what if i already made my career and get drafted using the default roster .. is there anyway i can put up some of the legends there?? i mean the missing legends like barkley .. cause i already have shaquille mj bill russell and some other HOF on my career roster (but i only use that fantasy trainer to edit and as far as i know barkley isnt in the default roster) .. i dont want to create another player cause i treasure it a lot .. LMAO .. hope there's another way :D
chirobee

Postby Retroswald13 on Wed Jul 02, 2014 4:45 pm

chirobee wrote::whistle: what if i already made my career and get drafted using the default roster .. is there anyway i can put up some of the legends there?? i mean the missing legends like barkley .. cause i already have shaquille mj bill russell and some other HOF on my career roster (but i only use that fantasy trainer to edit and as far as i know barkley isnt in the default roster) .. i dont want to create another player cause i treasure it a lot .. LMAO .. hope there's another way :D

Check out my All Time Greatest Teams Mod for 2K14. Barkley's in :wink:
Retroswald13

Postby chirobee on Thu Jul 03, 2014 11:45 am

everytime i load your roster my career option is goin black [disabled] so i cant start my new career xD .. i decided to create 1 cause my old player got a bug i guess cause it keeps on crashing when i enter the slamdunk and i can simulate to my next key game >.<
chirobee

Postby Retroswald13 on Thu Jul 03, 2014 12:35 pm

chirobee wrote:everytime i load your roster my career option is goin black [disabled]

Can you provide some screenshots? I don't understand your point bro. :?
Retroswald13

Postby Retroswald13 on Thu Jul 03, 2014 3:02 pm

Oh. I see. I am to release version 7 by tomorrow or the day after that. I had already checked it and you can create your player then. :cheeky:
Retroswald13

Postby intx on Sun Jul 13, 2014 10:21 am

So this isn't working for me.

I'm trying this with the latest (v17) of the UBR and I've tried the regular roster, the Assoc roster and the Post Draft assoc roster. I'm able to get in game and play the showcase and get drafted. After the contract negociation screen though it crashes.

I've moved all of the other roster files from the saves folder, renamed the one I'm trying Roster.Ros and then load it from the main menu, then play MyCareer. The rookie showcase has a bunch of random players in it so I know it's a different roster.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks.
intx

Postby Retroswald13 on Mon Jul 14, 2014 11:04 am

intx wrote:So this isn't working for me.

I'm trying this with the latest (v17) of the UBR and I've tried the regular roster, the Assoc roster and the Post Draft assoc roster. I'm able to get in game and play the showcase and get drafted. After the contract negociation screen though it crashes.

I've moved all of the other roster files from the saves folder, renamed the one I'm trying Roster.Ros and then load it from the main menu, then play MyCareer. The rookie showcase has a bunch of random players in it so I know it's a different roster.

Hi!

Maybe UBR has incompatibility issues with this tutorial. Actually I played a game lately without renaming the roster to Roster.ROS and it worked.
Retroswald13

Postby voltres20 on Mon Jul 14, 2014 7:42 pm

I'm having the same problem as him. I'm using UBR too. I can't even get past the rookie showcase because when I get subbed-out the game crashes.
voltres20

Postby Retroswald13 on Tue Jul 15, 2014 7:13 am

voltres20 wrote:

I'm having the same problem as him. I'm using UBR too. I can't even get past the rookie showcase because when I get subbed-out the game crashes.

Hmmpphhh.. it seems to me like my tutorial is not always applicable depending on the roster. UATF v6 locked the MyCareer so that you couldn't play. Ask HAWK23 if he could make adjustments for you to make this possible. :)
Retroswald13

Postby intx on Tue Jul 15, 2014 8:40 am

Thanks for the info, Retro.

I guess UBR isn't compatible which is a shame(HAWK has mentioned a few times he doesn't really worry about MyCareer) but not a giant deal. I'll use the latest official ones if need be :)
intx

Postby Retroswald13 on Tue Jul 15, 2014 9:30 am

intx wrote:Thanks for the info, Retro.

I guess UBR isn't compatible which is a shame(HAWK has mentioned a few times he doesn't really worry about MyCareer) but not a giant deal. I'll use the latest official ones if need be :)

Sure, no problem. If you're trying to play with some legends you can try my NBA Greatest Teams. Check my signature and it's the one I featured on this tut. :D
Retroswald13

Postby kodikko on Tue Jul 15, 2014 2:29 pm

Hello, so UBR roster isn't compatible if i play new my career?

So, what roster should i use to play new my career?

Thanks
kodikko

Postby Retroswald13 on Tue Jul 15, 2014 2:33 pm

kodikko wrote:Hello, so UBR roster isn't compatible if i play new my career?

So, what roster should i use to play new my career?

Thanks

Just so you know there are other rosters out there and this tutorial is not only intended for UBR roster or any specific roster.
Retroswald13

Postby govinho7 on Tue Jul 15, 2014 11:59 pm

hi, i followed the steps but the draft class in mycareer is still the default version... im using this roster http://www.moddingway.com/file/43854.html
govinho7

Postby Retroswald13 on Wed Jul 16, 2014 1:56 am

govinho7 wrote:hi, i followed the steps but the draft class in mycareer is still the default version... im using this roster http://www.moddingway.com/file/43854.html

Hmmphhh. You want the new rookies for the MyCareer eh? :cool:

Unfortunately, this tut will not be able to help you. :(

If you are already familiar with RED MC, here's the explanation. (Though I'll be trying to explain this as simple as possible.)

Once you open RED MC, there is a tab called the Draft Projection tab. DRAFT PROJECTION is where rookies are expected to play. This tab contains the teamID and playerID of the picks for the draft in their respective order (4, 57-> Cavs, Bennett). Therefore, in order for you to play the rookies of the 2014 Draft, you still need to buy the tab for RED MC since it does not support draft projection editing for unlicensed version (though I would love to make that for you, unfortunately, I have no money).

Hope I was able to explain it to you. Sorry man.
Retroswald13

Postby intx on Thu Jul 17, 2014 10:49 pm

So I got the UBR roster working in MyCareer, thought I'd share how with everyone since it seems to be a problem :)

I used the latest version(at this time v18) and used the Post Draft roster. The newest Assoc roster may work, just haven't tried yet.

Either way I just followed Retroswald's tutorial for renaming it to Roster.ROS however you must make sure the Online Data folder is deleted.

This folder is one up from the Saves directory in AppData. I deleted that folder then started up the game and I haven't had any crashes yet.

Hopefully this helps some people, I was messing with it for a good while trying to make it work.
intx

Postby VancouverHeat on Sun Jul 20, 2014 4:22 pm

intx wrote:So I got the UBR roster working in MyCareer, thought I'd share how with everyone since it seems to be a problem :)

Hopefully this helps some people, I was messing with it for a good while trying to make it work.

Hey man, so every time I play mycareer it crashes on the first time I want to substitute out. I tried your way of deleting the Online Data folder and then blocked internet access to NBA 2K14, and I still have the same reacurring problem. Any help or solutions? :cry: Thanks in advance
VancouverHeat

Next

Return to NBA 2K14 Tutorials & FAQs