Keeping it Alive[18-11](Celtics Association)| HELL YEAAAAAAH

Tell stories based on your franchise and career mode games here.

Keeping it Alive[18-11](Celtics Association)| HELL YEAAAAAAH

Postby Kevin on Fri May 23, 2014 7:14 pm

Settings:

Platform: 2K14 PC
Roster: Alby’s Roster 2.5
Season Length: 82 Games
Playoff Format: 7-7-7-7
Team Chemistry: On
Player Roles: On
Progressive Fatigue: On
Trade Deadline: On
Allow CPU Trades: On
Trade Override: Off
Preseason Games: Off
Quarter Length: 10 minutes
Sim Quarter Length: 10 Minutes
Sliders: Simulation
Difficulty: HoF
Injuries: On
Fatigue: On
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Roster:
Starters :
ImageImageImageImageImage
R.Rondo|A.Bradley|V.Carter|J.Green|K.Olynyk
6th man :
J.Sullinger

Bench:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
J.Bayless|G.Wallace |V.Faverani |K.Bogans |P.Pressey |C.Johnson|B.Bass|K.Humphries

Depth Chart:
PG- Rondo(90)|Bayless(75)|Pressey(68)
SG- Carter(83)|Bradley(79)|Bogans(66)
SF- Green(78)|Wallace(75)|C.Johnson(71)
PF- Sullinger(77)|Bass(75)|Humphries(74)
C- Olynyk(73)|Faverani(71)

Staff:
Coach : Brad Stevens
Assistant Coach : Ron Adams
NBA Scout : Mike Griffin
Trainer : Art Miller
Last edited by Kevin on Mon Aug 11, 2014 11:23 pm, edited 29 times in total.
Rest In Peace Kobe
Kevin
Fuck the Celtics

Re: Keeping it Alive (A Celtics Association)

Postby Kevin on Sat May 24, 2014 6:39 pm

Is Brad Stevens worth it?

As we all know, in the post-season Boston traded superstars Paul Pierce, Kevin Garnett, Jason Terry and D.J. White to the Brooklyn Nets for Gerald Wallace, Kris Humphries, MarShon Brooks, Kris Joseph, Keith Bogans and three first round draft picks.

With this massive trade in the post-season, we should assume that the Celtics are preparing to rebuild as they know that their winning ways won’t last forever.
But unfortunately, they wouldn’t be joined by Coach Doc Rivers any more who had signed with the Clippers as a coach and now, the Celtics have looked in to all the possible candidates to be their coach next season and they found a perfect match for a team that is young and full of talent, Brad Stevens.

A source close to the Celtics confirmed that Stevens' deal is for six years and $22 million.

Brad Stevens will join the Celtics after coaching in Butler University where he boasted a 166-49 record, four league regular season championships, three league tournament titles and six trips to postseason tournament play.

But is Brad Stevens gonna be worth the money he is going to receive? Is he going to be able to lead this young team and will he, the youngest coach in the NBA as of right now, able to control the locker room?
Rest In Peace Kobe
Kevin
Fuck the Celtics

Postby Kevin on Sun May 25, 2014 11:13 pm

Celtics destroy Raptors 116-99

The Celtics so far in their season opener is looking good and is playing with passion.

It was a close game in the 1st half of playing as the Raptors and the Celtics exchange blows but an 18-3 run by the Raptors in the closing minutes of the second quarter made it a 15-point lead and it appeared like the Celtics were gassed.

The Celtics were down by 15 by the end of the 1st half but opened the 3rd quarter with a bang. They shot three pointers left and right, shooting it at 66% in just the 3rd quarter.

It sure was a good game from Rookie Kelly Olynyk who had 21 points and 7 rebounds in his first start as a Celtic. The Celtics also relied on Bradley's good shooting and passing as well as rode Rondo's hot hand. Rajon Rondo had a gam-high 28 points and 7 steals.
(Photo: K.Olynyk dunks it on D. Derozan from a pass by Rondo.)
Meanwhile, Raptors’ Kyle Lowry struggled from the field, shooting 6-18 from the field, 0-4 beyond the arc and committed a total of 9 turnovers.

The Raptors were outrebounded in the 2nd half and shot poorly with only 41% as a team unit.

After the 15 point lead had vanished from the Raptors, the Celtics, lead by superstar point-guard Rajon Rondo went on a massive 22-8 run to completely topple and destroy the Raptors’ chances of getting back in the game in the entire fourth quarter.

The Raptors’ got just as close as 8 points in the 2nd half and appeared to have forgotten how to play defense.

Player of the game: Rajon Rondo
Leaders:
Assists: A.Bradley (11) *career high
Rebounds: A.Johnson (9)
Steals: R.Rondo (7)
Rest In Peace Kobe
Kevin
Fuck the Celtics

Postby Kevin on Mon May 26, 2014 8:51 pm

Rondo leads Celtics to rout of Bucks

It was a blow-out win by the Boston Celtics as they lead by as many as 45 points and the Bucks had never been close to at least 20 points from the Celtics’ score.

It was an all-around effort from Rajon Rondo who finished with 27 points, 6 rebounds, 5 steals and 9 assists, one assist short for a double-double.

The Celtics pretty much destroyed the Bucks with their rebounding effort and their willingness to share the ball.

While the Celtics were hitting up their shots, it was the Bucks who clanked their open shots, shooting at a horrible 38 percent overall as a team and was 3-12 from beyond the arc while the Celts shot at 59% in the field and had a great night shooting beyond the three-point line, 43%.

Milwaukee’s starters were pretty much useless as O.J. Mayo scored only 8 points with 1-10 shooting, Ramon Sessions with 10 points and shot 5-15 from the field.

Giannis Antetokounmpo was pretty much the hero for Milwaukee. He had a team-high 17 points with 50% shooting .

Meanwhile in the Celtics corner, it was like their shots were all going in. Almost all of the bench players scored at least 2 points and contributed in the team’s win.

Rondo acquired the Player of the Game Award with a game-high 27 points.

Player of the Game: Rajon Rondo
Leaders:
Assists: R.Rondo (9)
Rebounds: J.Sullinger (8)
Steals: R.Rondo (5)

(Photo: Rondo slams it in a fastbreak)
Rest In Peace Kobe
Kevin
Fuck the Celtics

Re: Keeping it Alive [2-0] (A Celtics Association)

Postby Boogie Smooth on Mon May 26, 2014 10:25 pm

I really like it so far. I enjoy watching the actual Celtic rebuild and think it's really interesting and they have a lot of opportunities and directions to choose from, let's see what way you choose.
I am basically new to everything. In life.

My Story Thread
Click This. Just do it.
Boogie Smooth

Postby Kevin on Mon May 26, 2014 11:06 pm

Boogie Smooth wrote:I really like it so far. I enjoy watching the actual Celtic rebuild and think it's really interesting and they have a lot of opportunities and directions to choose from, let's see what way you choose.
Thanks man. I appreciate it :D
Rest In Peace Kobe
Kevin
Fuck the Celtics

Postby Kevin on Mon May 26, 2014 11:17 pm

Im planning on trading somebody here in the Celtics. Any of you have any idea who I'll trade? I might trade Humphries as he has never did anything and is leeching $12M in his contract. Any thoughts? :? :?
Rest In Peace Kobe
Kevin
Fuck the Celtics

Re: Keeping it Alive [2-0] (A Celtics Association) Trade Ideas NEEDED

Postby Kevin on Mon May 26, 2014 11:30 pm

Olynyk shines versus Pistons

It was a close game between the Celtics and the Pistons but it was the Celtics who came up with the win. Boston lead by as many as 6 points in the 1st quarter but was erased by the Pistons before the 1st quarter ended. It sure was a back and forth game with a total of 33 lead changes, giving the players a headache every time somebody on the other team scores.

The Pistons were looking good in the third quarter but eventually slowed down in the fourth quarter where they managed to only shoot an overall of 39% from the field and was 2-12 from the 3-point line. They also turned the ball many times with 18 turnovers as a team.

The hero for tonight’s game is the rookie center, Kelly Olynyk. He had 18 points in a perfect shooting night (7-7) and had 2 swats. You can see at the start of the game that Olynyk single-handedly defeated the Pistons’ front court of Drummond and Smith. Although Josh Smith had a total of 16 points in the game, he shot 8-16 from the field and 0-3 beyond the arc.

The Celtics also relied on Rajon Rondo’s incredible passing and overall shooting. The star point guard had 14 points, 6 rebounds and 14 assists.

The Pistons didn’t take care of the ball much in the closing minutes of the game, leading to 4 straight turnovers and 11 straight points to pull the Celtics up.

Kelly Olynyk, the rookie from Canada garnered the Player of the Game Award.
Final Score: 86-78

Player of the Game: Kelly Olynyk
Leader:
Rebounds: A.Drummond (10)
Assists:R.Rondo (14)
Steals: J.Smith (3)
Rest In Peace Kobe
Kevin
Fuck the Celtics

Re: Keeping it Alive [2-0] (A Celtics Association) Trade Ideas NEEDED

Postby Onegreatrace on Mon May 26, 2014 11:31 pm

Humphries and a 2nd round pick for Tyson Chandler?
Onegreatrace

Re: Keeping it Alive [3-0] (A Celtics Association) Trade Ideas NEEDED

Postby Boogie Smooth on Mon May 26, 2014 11:36 pm

If you want to win now you should look for some shooting, maybe someone like Channing Frye. If you just wanna stack assets and build for the future try to get a 2nd rounder and a talent(think austin rivers) for him.

My Story Thread
Click This. Just do it.
Boogie Smooth

Postby Vespasian92 on Tue May 27, 2014 10:09 am

It's really depends on what you're planning to do with your team. Did you take the 1st rounders from Brooklyn like IRL? If you want to keep Rondo and win now, then think about trading some of your picks. If you're going to rebuild fully with Sully and Olynyk, then maybe just develop your draft picks for a season before making some major trades.
Vespasian92

Postby Kevin on Tue May 27, 2014 6:11 pm

Vespasian92 wrote:It's really depends on what you're planning to do with your team. Did you take the 1st rounders from Brooklyn like IRL? If you want to keep Rondo and win now, then think about trading some of your picks. If you're going to rebuild fully with Sully and Olynyk, then maybe just develop your draft picks for a season before making some major trades.

No, I dont think I took the 1st rounders, I checked but there werent any 1st round picks except the original one. But I'll try to keep Rondo.

Boogie Smooth wrote:If you want to win now you should look for some shooting, maybe someone like Channing Frye. If you just wanna stack assets and build for the future try to get a 2nd rounder and a talent(think austin rivers) for him.

With the way we're playing right now, I think Im good with playing Olynyk/Rondo/Bradley for now.

Onegreatrace wrote:Humphries and a 2nd round pick for Tyson Chandler?

Could be. If the Knicks are interested, I'll think about it. :D

Anyways, thanks for the suggestions guys.

By the way, I'd probably skip the three games in the schedule so that I'll just face Miami in Friday.
Rest In Peace Kobe
Kevin
Fuck the Celtics

Postby Kevin on Tue May 27, 2014 8:17 pm

Weekly Recap (October 30-Nov 4)

Transcations

Standings:

League Leaders:

Player of the Week:
EAST:
R.Rondo (21 ppg, 6.5 rpg, 8.3 apg, 3.5 apg, 0.5 bpg)
WEST:
K.Durant (27 ppg,7 rpg, 2.4 apg, 1.6 spg, 1.2 bpg)

--------------
Note: Sorry if the presentation is bad. As I stated a million times, I suck at Photoshop so if any of you wants to give me some layout or something for my game presentations or weekly presentations, it would really mean alot.
Rest In Peace Kobe
Kevin
Fuck the Celtics

Re: Keeping it Alive [4-0] (A Celtics Association) Trade Ideas NEEDED| Weekly Recap

Postby Boogie Smooth on Tue May 27, 2014 8:29 pm

I'n my Association it's usually the other way around and the Clippers sign that greek dude while the Magic sign Mirotic and he just goes crazy for like 19-21 ppg.

My Story Thread
Click This. Just do it.
Boogie Smooth

Re: Keeping it Alive [4-0] (A Celtics Association) Trade Ideas NEEDED| Weekly Recap

Postby Kevin on Tue May 27, 2014 8:31 pm

Boogie Smooth wrote:I'n my Association it's usually the other way around and the Clippers sign that greek dude while the Magic sign Mirotic and he just goes crazy for like 19-21 ppg.

Yeah, been seing it alot around the association. Maybe its a bug or something.
Rest In Peace Kobe
Kevin
Fuck the Celtics

Postby Kevin on Tue May 27, 2014 8:39 pm

Simulated Game: Boston @ Memphis

Sullinger's career high leads Celtics past Grizzlies

Player of the Game: J.Sullinger
Leader:
Assists: R.Rondo (8)
Rebounds: M.Gasol (10)
Steals: T.Allen (7)
Rest In Peace Kobe
Kevin
Fuck the Celtics

Postby Kevin on Tue May 27, 2014 8:44 pm

Olynyk out for 2-4 weeks

Rookie Kelly Olynyk experienced his first time getting injured as a pro in their game versus the Grizzlies.

Olynyk who suffered a strained quad in last night’s game played a big role in the Celtics’ 4-0 record. The rookie from Canada, who got picked in the 13th pick by the Celtics averages 14.2 points, 7.6 rebounds and 1.2 blocks per game.

When asked by the media on what’s his view in his situation right now, Olynyk gave an optimistic comment, saying that he and the team is still young and that they have a great young coach and are led by one of the best point guard in the NBA.
Rest In Peace Kobe
Kevin
Fuck the Celtics

Postby Kevin on Tue May 27, 2014 11:19 pm

Simulated Games:

Boston Celtics vs Utah Jazz

Burke's 15 enough to down Celtics

Player of the Game: T.Burke
Leader:
Rebounds: R.Gobert (10)
Assists: A.Bradley & R.Rondo (7)
Steals: J.Green (3)
Blocks: V.Faverano & J.Bayless (2)

Final Score: 95-83

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Boston Celtics vs Orlando Magic

Bradley's 20 leads the way to defeat Magic

Player of the Game: A.Bradley
Leader:
Rebounds: T.Harris (10)
Assists: R.Rondo (9)
Steals: R.Rondo (3)
Blocks: K. O'Quinn (3)

Final Score: 93-88
Rest In Peace Kobe
Kevin
Fuck the Celtics

Re: Keeping it Alive [5-1] (A Celtics Association) Trade Ideas NEEDED| Weekly Recap

Postby Martti. on Wed May 28, 2014 2:29 am

Humpries and Wallace for Amar'e? 2 bad contracts for one really bad contract. :D
Martti.
#HeatLifer

Re: Keeping it Alive [5-1] (A Celtics Association) Trade Ideas NEEDED| Weekly Recap

Postby Kevin on Wed May 28, 2014 6:54 pm

Martti. wrote:Humpries and Wallace for Amar'e? 2 bad contracts for one really bad contract. :D
Seems fair :D
Rest In Peace Kobe
Kevin
Fuck the Celtics

Postby Kevin on Wed May 28, 2014 6:57 pm

News around the League:
Clippers facing bad luck

The Clippers got their second best player, Blake Griffin injured last game. Griffin broke his back against the Magic where he had 6 points, 6 rebounds and 7 assists.

Griffin isn’t the only one out of their starting line-up. Chris Paul who broke his wrist before the season, had surgery last night and is expected to be out 4-6 weeks longer.

The Clippers are holding on so far with a record of 2-3.
Rest In Peace Kobe
Kevin
Fuck the Celtics

Postby Kevin on Wed May 28, 2014 6:58 pm

Im gonna post my game vs Miami later. I cried for an hour because of it. :lol: :lol:
Rest In Peace Kobe
Kevin
Fuck the Celtics

Postby Kevin on Wed May 28, 2014 10:53 pm

Wade’s shot lifts Heat past Celtics

It was a heart-breaking loss for the Boston Celtics against the defending champions. Miami lead by 6 with 1:21 remaining but Rondo’s 3-pointer and Bradley’s and-one tied the game with only 22s remaining in the 4th quarter.

Coach Spoelstra went to Dwyane Wade for their possible last possession. It was a series of picks made by Oden and Bosh which eventually freed Wade and he got a lane to the hoop but decided to use his floater and banked it in with only 9.7s remaining. The Celtics had a chance to tie the game and send it to overtime but a wild possession by Bradley cost them the game. Oden put the icing on the cake with two free throws with 0.2s remaining.

Miami Heat played without star player LeBron James who suffered a broken finger and the Celtics were also without Olynyk who strained his quad versus the Memphis Grizzlies.

The Celtics led by as many as 12 points but was cut down by Wade’s superb performance in the fourth.

Miami Heat Guard Dwyane Wade was awarded the Player of the Game Award with a stat line of 38 points including his game-winning shot and 6 steals.

(Photo: Wade gets the game-winner versus the Celtics at home.)

Player of the game: Dwyane Wade
Leader:
Rebounds: J.Sullinger (11)
Assists: D.Wade & A.Bradley
Steals: D.Wade (6)
Blocks: B.Bass, V.Faverani & J.Sullinger (2)
Rest In Peace Kobe
Kevin
Fuck the Celtics

Re: Keeping it Alive [5-2] (A Celtics Association) Trade Ideas NEEDED| Weekly Recap

Postby Kevin on Thu May 29, 2014 1:56 pm

Weekly Recap:

Injuries:

League Leaders

Player of the Week
East:
West:
Rest In Peace Kobe
Kevin
Fuck the Celtics

Re: Keeping it Alive [5-2] (A Celtics Association) Trade Ideas NEEDED| Weekly Recap

Postby Kevin on Thu May 29, 2014 1:59 pm

Sorry if there is no Standings. I forgot to take a screenshot :oops:
Rest In Peace Kobe
Kevin
Fuck the Celtics

Next

Return to Stories from the Virtual Hardwood