Recent Purchases Thread...

Other video games, TV shows, movies, general chit-chat...this is an all-purpose off-topic board where you can talk about anything that doesn't have its own dedicated section.

Re: Recent Purchases Thread...

Postby el badman on Sun Feb 23, 2014 9:48 am

Another tattoo so that my arms are pretty much covered now. I couldn't stand not being symmetrical.
El Badmanator VI: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X @3.7GHz, Nvidia GTX 3090 24GB; Acer Predator XB273K 4K 27"Monitor; Samsung NVMe EVO 970 1TB / Samsung EVO Pro 500GS SSD; Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite; T-Force RAM DDR4-4000 32GB RAM; EVGA G5 850W PSU; Corsair iCUE H100i CPU Liquid Cooler; Razer DeathAdder Chroma wireless gaming mouse; HyperX Cloud Flight S wireless headset; Logitech G560 speakers; Razer Black Widow v3 mechanical keyboard; PS5 Dualsense controller; Rosewill Cullinan V500 gaming case; Windows 10 Pro 64bit
el badman's bandcamp
el badman
Last of the Meheecans

Postby NovU on Sun Feb 23, 2014 11:55 am

I finally quit smoking. It's been 2 weeks and I don't miss it at all. I vape now. I am glad I gave this a try. I didn't really expect this thing to help quitting smoking this fast and easy. But it literally is tastier, cheaper, and healthier.

For a day or two I suffered a nicotine overdose(damn headache kinda like hangover) because I was constantly vaping due to delicious juice taste but now I bought low (& none) nicotine juice, everything's swell. I recommend all smokers to give e cig at least a try. Has a learning curve but will save you tons of money, health, and stuff.

phpBB [video]

I got the latest version(2) of what this guy's using. It was only $60 delivered(dope deal) and battery lasts for longer than 4 days at my use(turn it off when not in use and it will prolly last much longer).
THX TO DOPE-JAO FOR THE SPECIAL SIG! <3
Enjoy! <3 Jao
NovU
Crap, what am I going to brag about now?

Postby shadowgrin on Sun Feb 23, 2014 11:50 pm

I call that cigs for fags.
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
JaoSming2KTV wrote:its fun on a bun
shadowgrin
Doesn't negotiate with terrorists. NLSC's Jefferson Davis. The Questioneer

Postby NovU on Mon Feb 24, 2014 4:55 pm

Not true. Smoking kills your sex drive. Real men vape, not smoke.
Enjoy! <3 Jao
NovU

Postby formx on Mon Feb 24, 2014 5:42 pm

NovU wrote:Real men vape, not smoke.

Real men don't do any of dat shite.

PhatGeezer wrote:NovU, you're a fantasy bball hero to me and all but I don't know why whenever I see you post in this thread it reminds me of me checking my balls for bumps whenever I see those testicular cancer awareness ads on tv... Once I felt nothing unusual on it, I know everything will be fine...
formx

Postby SoF'nAwesome on Mon Feb 24, 2014 8:22 pm

I started smoking when I was 17, found it boring after a couple of packs and just quit. Didn't find it addictive or shit. Only gave me some unnecessary headaches.

NovU, you should start trying to quit. After a certain age, you won't just care. Kinda like thin guys who get fat.
SoF'nAwesome
MVP

Postby Patr1ck on Mon Feb 24, 2014 11:50 pm

Real men do what they want.
Patr1ck
Administrator
Administrator

Postby JaoSming on Sun Mar 16, 2014 2:57 am

Got a Chromecast the other week, pretty awesome, at least for Netflix. Wife and toddler lose the TV remotes a lot, so the auto switch to the right HDMI and using a tablet as the remote works real noice.

Also preordered the new Infamous for that $60 get $10 deal, and picked up that LEGO Marvel game for like $6 through the Gamefly sales, which is pretty awesome.

We also bought a lot of baby clothes, because she's growing fast and when the first born was this big, it was spring not winter. So yea, gadgets, vidya games, and baby stuff.
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby Patr1ck on Sun Mar 16, 2014 3:49 am

Bought a pair of basketball shoes for the first time in a long time for actual basketball use. The CP3 VII custom allblack with gray logo and id.
Patr1ck
Administrator
Administrator

Postby [Q] on Sun Mar 16, 2014 5:34 am

Pdub wrote:Bought a pair of basketball shoes for the first time in a long time for actual basketball use. The CP3 VII custom allblack with gray logo and id.

i liked those hornets colored ones he wore a few weeks back
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby Patr1ck on Sun Mar 16, 2014 6:08 am

My mom wants the argyle Cliff Paul versions. :lol:
Patr1ck
Administrator
Administrator

Postby formx on Mon Mar 17, 2014 1:32 pm

Decided to pre-order this

Unfortunately I don't get to play it until after finals. :lol:

PhatGeezer wrote:NovU, you're a fantasy bball hero to me and all but I don't know why whenever I see you post in this thread it reminds me of me checking my balls for bumps whenever I see those testicular cancer awareness ads on tv... Once I felt nothing unusual on it, I know everything will be fine...
formx

Postby shadowgrin on Mon Mar 17, 2014 8:51 pm

Dat's gay.
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
JaoSming2KTV wrote:its fun on a bun
shadowgrin
Doesn't negotiate with terrorists. NLSC's Jefferson Davis. The Questioneer

Postby Jackal on Tue Mar 18, 2014 3:00 am

Quite a turn on indeed.
Jackal

Postby JaoSming on Sun May 04, 2014 4:44 am

Used off ebay for less than $100. Trashed and broken handheld coming my way. Got a 16gig card from Walmart coming in a week or two, so until that comes it will be 100% for PS4 remote play, then PS+ game insanity.
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby formx on Sun May 04, 2014 7:46 am

JaoSming wrote:Used off ebay for less than $100. Trashed and broken handheld coming my way. Got a 16gig card from Walmart coming in a week or two, so until that comes it will be 100% for PS4 remote play, then PS+ game insanity.

Guess I'm not the only one here who has a Vita :lol:

formx

Postby NovU on Fri May 09, 2014 11:21 am

Cool purchase there, Jao. I haven't shopped from Ebay forever now. They started charging shits like international whatever they call. Then there're shippers that charges you custom brokerage fee. It's too much hassle.

Anyway, I just got this literally 20 minutes ago.

I know what you folks are thinking but I had no reason not to bring out Nets-ness in my heart at $10 tax in. If you are Canadian, I suggest you run to the Adidas store right now. Tag said 29.99 but it is actually 14.99 and then there's 40% sale going on. Limited choice in hats but the Nets one was pretty nice.
Enjoy! <3 Jao
NovU

Postby JaoSming on Fri May 09, 2014 1:32 pm

yep, well I am learning my lesson with that 98% rating. The listing said $13 expedited shipping and an estimated delivery date of Tuesday-Thursday (today). Won it on Saturday.

They shipped it Monday, UPS ground to USPS delivery (which is the absolute longest way you can ship something). I paid the extra $3.50 to UPS to just give it to me this coming Monday instead of giving it to USPS who tends to ship packages from in-town, to the sorting centers all around New England before coming back to me.

I'm waiting to get it and check it before doing anything, but its probably going to be shit feedback unless the thing is mint. $5 priority flat rate box would have gotten it to me yesterday, but instead $13 has it coming 10 days after winning if it weren't for my extra UPS fee. Bleh.
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby Andrew on Fri May 09, 2014 2:39 pm

Yeah, that's quite ordinary. You didn't notice any horror stories in the feedback?
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby JaoSming on Fri May 09, 2014 3:03 pm

TBH, the auction was ending in less than 5 minutes when I loaded up ebay. In that span I had to double check the bank account, check with the wife Image, make sure it was under used condition and not for parts, reverse Google search the images to make sure they were original and that the listing wasn't lying, and then actually log in before bidding. The shown % was enough for me.

Going through them now, they have had issues with double listing items, never shipping and such. But nothing mentioning shipping, and thousands of positives.
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby NovU on Fri May 09, 2014 3:04 pm

They should return you $8 of the shipping cost. Have you tried contacting them?
Enjoy! <3 Jao
NovU

Postby JaoSming on Fri May 09, 2014 3:15 pm

waiting for it to come. if the vita is all good, then all is forgiven. if its banged up then we'll see
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby formx on Fri May 09, 2014 4:34 pm

NovU wrote:I know what you folks are thinking but I had no reason not to bring out Nets-ness in my heart at $10 tax in. If you are Canadian, I suggest you run to the Adidas store right now. Tag said 29.99 but it is actually 14.99 and then there's 40% sale going on. Limited choice in hats but the Nets one was pretty nice.

Where the Adidas store at? Might check it out myself

formx

Postby NovU on Fri May 09, 2014 5:01 pm

http://adidasstorelocator.ca/

There were couple left in two styles at Langley location. Everything's 40% off so might not be a wasted trip even it's all gone. But my guess is they'll be still avail as the tag said 29.99 as employees were lazy to update it.

Btw, I'm thinking to go young and leave the sticker on. Is that being cool in today's standard?
Enjoy! <3 Jao
NovU

Postby formx on Fri May 09, 2014 5:08 pm

NovU wrote:http://adidasstorelocator.ca/

There were couple left in two styles at Langley location. Everything's 40% off so might not be a wasted trip even it's all gone. But my guess is they'll be still avail as the tag said 29.99 as employees were lazy to update it.

Btw, I'm thinking to go young and leave the sticker on. Is that being cool in today's standard?

Imma probably go to the Burnaby location, closer to my school or the Granville location if they have anything on sale too. What other stuff is on sale?

I don't understand the appeal of having a sticker on TBH. I guess it is a status symbol.

formx

PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic