SUPERSTAR '08 AIACT 6.5,released 4/3/18

Talk about NBA Live 08 here.

Re: SUPERSTAR '08 AIACT 5.1 3/9/14

Postby looyh on Mon Mar 10, 2014 9:26 pm

Great job :applaud: Thank u
looyh

Postby BAYAG on Tue Mar 11, 2014 12:13 am

atlwarrior wrote:This is the best aiact you've released to date but I think you should go with Kris' assignment.act . The fastbreaks & stats are a lot better on his.
On Pdubs assignment.act the cpu very rarely make the extra pass on fastbreaks nd drives to the basket.
Nothing against Pdub's but I think his was built more for 07's gameplay.

You might be right...but it's hard to gauge from the feedback i'm getting. personally i use the aiact with kris assignment, but alot of the feeback i received preferred pdub's. i'll wait for a few more responses.it's an easy change.Thanks atl.
BAYAG
This game's in the refrigerator: the door is closed, the lights are out, the eggs are cooling, the butter's getting hard, and the Jell-O's jigglin'!

Postby atlwarrior on Tue Mar 11, 2014 1:59 am

BAYAG wrote:
atlwarrior wrote:You might be right...but it's hard to gauge from the feedback i'm getting. personally i use the aiact with kris assignment, but alot of the feeback i received preferred pdub's. i'll wait for a few more responses.it's an easy change.Thanks atl.

Yeah i have no problem with it because I just simply switch it over to his assignment.act too. Maybe you can provide both of them on two different aiacts so people can have the best of both worlds. Easiest way to get around that without complaints.

edit: Btw great job with LeBron's new Sig shots. Not sure who else you changed because i haven't had time to check.
atlwarrior

Postby BAYAG on Tue Mar 11, 2014 6:21 am

atlwarrior wrote:
BAYAG wrote:
atlwarrior wrote:You might be right...but it's hard to gauge from the feedback i'm getting. personally i use the aiact with kris assignment, but alot of the feeback i received preferred pdub's. i'll wait for a few more responses.it's an easy change.Thanks atl.

Yeah i have no problem with it because I just simply switch it over to his assignment.act too. Maybe you can provide both of them on two different aiacts so people can have the best of both worlds. Easiest way to get around that without complaints.

edit: Btw great job with LeBron's new Sig shots. Not sure who else you changed because i haven't had time to check.

Just lebrons and Kobe's sigs. Just trying to smooth out the anim.
BAYAG
This game's in the refrigerator: the door is closed, the lights are out, the eggs are cooling, the butter's getting hard, and the Jell-O's jigglin'!

Postby bazelos13 on Tue Mar 11, 2014 7:37 am

I used your v.4 to the European patch . It is really interesting . One question . Is there any way you can add more animations in dribbling? New crossovers ? :wink:
bazelos13

Postby BAYAG on Wed Mar 12, 2014 12:05 am

bazelos13 wrote:I used your v.4 to the European patch . It is really interesting . One question . Is there any way you can add more animations in dribbling? New crossovers ? :wink:

I dunno, I can't just create anims. You have any examples of crossovers or dribbling anims.? There might be something I can do with the ranalog.act.
BAYAG

Postby bazelos13 on Wed Mar 12, 2014 3:33 am

BAYAG wrote:
bazelos13 wrote:I used your v.4 to the European patch . It is really interesting . One question . Is there any way you can add more animations in dribbling? New crossovers ? :wink:

I dunno, I can't just create anims. You have any examples of crossovers or dribbling anims.? There might be something I can do with the ranalog.act.

Like if you can make it real , if you can add the in an out dribble + crossover for example. If you can make the dribbles smoothier if you get my point :) :mrgreen:
phpBB [video]
bazelos13

Postby Amir Khan on Sun Mar 16, 2014 5:54 pm

can you fix plays BAYAG? i mean teamplays. and can you remove an animation in a specified act? i suggest you remove the center like dribbling of players in loco.act if you can, then leave the left dribbling animations cause they were fine :))
Amir Khan

Postby BAYAG on Sun Mar 16, 2014 10:16 pm

Amir Khan wrote:can you fix plays BAYAG? i mean teamplays. and can you remove an animation in a specified act? i suggest you remove the center like dribbling of players in loco.act if you can, then leave the left dribbling animations cause they were fine :))

Can i fix teamplays? no i cant just make up plays.
i'm not sure what you mean by dribbling animations.

You mean the small man run dribbling animation I replaced with big man run anim? I did that on purpose, because the small man running anim doesn't look realistic to me.

Here's what to do to solve your problem:
open loco.act and replace .bprundribbig with .bprundribsmall at fv;dribturbosml;ad entry.

fv;dribturbosml;ad
.bpjogdribswitch
.bpdribtorun
.-
.-
.-
.-
.-
.bprundribbig <<------------------ change to .bprundribsmall
.bprundribbnklft
.bprundribbnkrgt
.bpdribstoptorun
.bpstdturn180runfwdwball
.bprunstprgt
.bprunstplft
.bpdribstoptorunxovr
.bpdribstoptorunxovrm
.bprunstpbcklft
.bprunstpbckrgt
BAYAG

Postby bazelos13 on Mon Mar 17, 2014 7:18 am

BAYAG wrote:
Amir Khan wrote:can you fix plays BAYAG? i mean teamplays. and can you remove an animation in a specified act? i suggest you remove the center like dribbling of players in loco.act if you can, then leave the left dribbling animations cause they were fine :))

Can i fix teamplays? no i cant just make up plays.
i'm not sure what you mean by dribbling animations.

You mean the small man run dribbling animation I replaced with big man run anim? I did that on purpose, because the small man running anim doesn't look realistic to me.

Here's what to do to solve your problem:
open loco.act and replace .bprundribbig with .bprundribsmall at fv;dribturbosml;ad entry.

fv;dribturbosml;ad
.bpjogdribswitch
.bpdribtorun
.-
.-
.-
.-
.-
.bprundribbig <<------------------ change to .bprundribsmall
.bprundribbnklft
.bprundribbnkrgt
.bpdribstoptorun
.bpstdturn180runfwdwball
.bprunstprgt
.bprunstplft
.bpdribstoptorunxovr
.bpdribstoptorunxovrm
.bprunstpbcklft
.bprunstpbckrgt
Any update Bayag?
bazelos13

Postby Amir Khan on Mon Mar 17, 2014 12:06 pm

i don't know how to do it, yep that's what i mean cause even a good dribbler like d-rose or kyrie dribbles like a Big man maybe you can release a two version of aiact that the other one does not contain the big man dribbling animation?
Amir Khan

Postby atlwarrior on Mon Mar 17, 2014 4:41 pm

An easier way to get around this guys is to just import 07's loco.act and 08's ranalog.act into his aiact and the dribbling goes back to normal. Btw
BAYAG, did you get my pm? I also want to ask you something else.

Edit: The big man dribble isn't perfect but to me it's a little better because at least now better dribblers don't have that awkward haunched back animation when they're dribbling the ball. Just my opinion though.
atlwarrior

Postby Amir Khan on Mon Mar 17, 2014 10:21 pm

yeah your right atlawarrior, but is there no way we can get rid of those two dribbling animations or change it to something or some left dribbling animation in this aiact?
Amir Khan

Postby BAYAG on Tue Mar 18, 2014 12:13 am

Amir Khan wrote:yeah your right atlawarrior, but is there no way we can get rid of those two dribbling animations or change it to something or some left dribbling animation in this aiact?

you can change the forward dribble with the left dribble but your player will move forward while leaning left. doesnt look realistic.
BAYAG

Postby greenbeerd13 on Tue Mar 18, 2014 2:19 am

Can I ask what new animations and ect. are involved with this mod so I know what to look for when playing to see if it worked?
greenbeerd13

Postby BAYAG on Tue Mar 18, 2014 11:56 pm

theres about 15 different inside and outside jump anims. just press shoot, youll see a difference.
running and walking anims a different too.

or just watch the attached videos.
Last edited by BAYAG on Wed Mar 19, 2014 12:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
BAYAG

Postby BAYAG on Wed Mar 19, 2014 12:11 am

I'm currently working on some sigshots and gtm's ,manily for legends.

I added a jab step fake and jumper for kobe
- hakeem olajuwons dream shake.
- trying to adda fake to duncans bank shot.

It will be in the next version.
BAYAG

Postby Amir Khan on Thu Mar 20, 2014 11:56 am

is there no way to change it? like to choose dribbling animations that's left in loco.act, is that possible? besides of the two dribbling running animations.
Amir Khan

Postby BAYAG on Sat Mar 22, 2014 12:05 am

Amir Khan wrote:is there no way to change it? like to choose dribbling animations that's left in loco.act, is that possible? besides of the two dribbling running animations.

yah, import the default loco.act back into the aiact file,
BAYAG

Postby Amir Khan on Sun Mar 23, 2014 6:16 pm

how about removing this animation inside the paint? this really annoys me and i think this also stops some animations to be done in-game.
Amir Khan

Postby BAYAG on Sun Mar 23, 2014 11:06 pm

nope. collision anims are contained in xmpcol.act. There's nothing I can add or remove from that file.
BAYAG

Postby Cpt(K) on Tue Mar 25, 2014 8:30 am

I don't exactly remember, but there was something the user could tweak to lessen the frequency of collisions or maybe that's just for foul calls. Maybe in the settings in-game, though, that's not a permanent fix.
Cpt(K)

Postby Amir Khan on Sun Mar 30, 2014 12:44 pm

hmm okay, but i guess devilish did a fix on that type of collision and make it look different. BTW BAYAG i know you read my PM, Hope you don't ignore those. i'll PM you again.
Amir Khan

Postby BAYAG on Sun Mar 30, 2014 11:18 pm

:D
Last edited by BAYAG on Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BAYAG

Postby Amir Khan on Mon Mar 31, 2014 10:48 pm

sorry. didn't tend to pester you, looks like you just misunderstand it.
Amir Khan

PreviousNext

Return to NBA Live 08