The Brooklyn Nets Thread (RESPECT)..

Like real basketball, as well as basketball video games? Talk about the NBA, NCAA, and other professional and amateur basketball leagues here.

Re: The Brooklyn Nets Thread (RESPECT)..

Postby stereoxide on Wed Dec 04, 2013 11:43 pm

IN HEAT wrote:Gaybakflip, I miss you.

Hiding in Barclays Center perhaps. I would love to see his insights on what his team is doing this season.
stereoxide

Postby shadowgrin on Thu Dec 05, 2013 7:07 am

Kidd did the right thing. Frank's a terrible coach now, just look what he did to Andre Drummond.
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
JaoSming2KTV wrote:its fun on a bun
shadowgrin
Doesn't negotiate with terrorists. NLSC's Jefferson Davis. The Questioneer

Postby NovU on Thu Dec 05, 2013 7:22 am

Good move. Frank's never been the best PG in the history of NBA so he doesn't know what it takes to win and players don't respect him.
THX TO DOPE-JAO FOR THE SPECIAL SIG! <3
Enjoy! <3 Jao
NovU
Crap, what am I going to brag about now?

Postby _Steve_ on Thu Dec 05, 2013 7:27 pm

Plus he never got caught with DUI...
“Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please.” - Mark Twain
_Steve_

Postby NovU on Fri Dec 06, 2013 12:36 am

Which is bad for you as DUI means more business.
Enjoy! <3 Jao
NovU

Postby _Steve_ on Fri Dec 06, 2013 1:11 am

You're absolutely right!
_Steve_

Postby NovU on Fri Dec 06, 2013 1:27 am

How much to beat my $60 parking violation ticket? I think I am innocent, till proven guilty.
Enjoy! <3 Jao
NovU

Postby _Steve_ on Fri Dec 06, 2013 6:45 pm

Doing this for friends I'd charge about 50 EUR (~ 70 CAD). Neither of us would benefit much of this...
_Steve_

Postby NovU on Fri Dec 06, 2013 7:52 pm

Grrrreat! I will pay you $99.99 with a nice bouncy post dated(2050) cheque. I think I found my Saul Goodman!

On topic, this is from while back but still fun to know...
Jason Kidd’s talk with Kevin Garnett about playing time ‘didn’t go too well’
Jason Kidd is wisely approaching his first coaching job as a student. He’s reached out to industry legends, hired his former head coach as his lead assistant and dedicated time to looking at the game through an entirely new lens. It’s a wise way to go through the transition process. Though Kidd has long been lauded for his cerebral approach to the game, he still has an incredible amount to learn in terms of managing talent and strategy from the other side.

But even his diligence and best intentions can’t fully prepare him for what’s in store, as Kidd apparently found out in some preliminary discussions with the recently acquired Kevin Garnett. Brooklyn’s new starting power forward is 37 years old and has logged nearly 53,000 career minutes — an amount of wear that would understandably make any coach a bit nervous. But Kidd’s attempts to persuade Garnett to potentially rest in back-to-back situations didn’t exactly go as planned.

From Adi Joseph of USA Today:

…Kidd already commands the respect of his players, who subscribed to the theory that he’ll relate better to them because of his recent playing tenure.

That doesn’t mean there won’t be bumps. Kidd spoke with Garnett recently about limiting the 37-year-old’s wear and tear by not allowing him to play games on consecutive days.

“It didn’t go too well,” Garnett said. “I understand what he’s saying. He just wants to make sure I’m durable. … I just don’t want to be told anything. I think I’ve earned the right to have an opinion on something that I’m doing. From a chemistry standpoint, I think it’s important for me to be out there with everybody.”

A first-time coach like Kidd might have an easier time with a veteran roster in some respects, but this particular dynamic illustrates the complications involved in managing an assortment of established, star-level players. Veterans like Garnett come to the Nets with firm expectations about touches, role and playing time, and it’s up to Kidd to soothe the egos of capable players in order to maximize Brooklyn’s potential. That could involve using Paul Pierce off the ball more frequently. It could mean lobbying Jason Terry to play the part of a slightly more traditional point guard. It might involve selling Andrei Kirilenko or Joe Johnson on playing fewer minutes, or in this case attempting to keep Garnett healthy for the long haul.

Most every key player involved in a team this deep is forced to compromise something, and in some cases proven veterans — who have been preconditioned to a certain role for more than a decade — have a hard time letting go. That won’t necessarily be the case with the Nets, but it’s clear already that Kidd will have to be both strategist and salesman to get this cast of current and former All-Stars to buy in completely.
Enjoy! <3 Jao
NovU

Postby Andrew on Fri Dec 06, 2013 9:59 pm

Not a terrible idea in theory, but probably not the best thing to ask of a proud, competitive player like KG.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby NovU on Sat Dec 07, 2013 3:03 am

1080p 240mhz video recorded with a potatoe.

phpBB [video]

phpBB [video]

It's looking really bad for KG. Hoping he'd get his game back sooner or later. He was still solid last season. Otherwise might have been better if he just retired offseason.
Enjoy! <3 Jao
NovU

Postby _Steve_ on Sun Dec 22, 2013 6:43 am

Brook Lopez is out for the season due to a broken foot. This is really bad for the Nets.
_Steve_

Postby NovU on Sun Dec 22, 2013 12:19 pm

He was dealing with this issue 2 years ago but coming off surprisingly a healthy season, this really is a big disappointment especially what's at stake for the Nets. It also looked like Jason Kidd was finally starting to get his players back from all those injuries but now he loses a key piece for season. Just wow.
Enjoy! <3 Jao
NovU

Postby Sauru on Sun Dec 22, 2013 4:47 pm

SteveHTOWN wrote:Brook Lopez is out for the season due to a broken foot. This is really bad for the Nets.

but really good for the hawks
Sauru

Postby NovU on Wed Dec 25, 2013 3:17 am

phpBB [video]

Paul Pierce's 0 point game in a long time. This wasn't fun to watch. I turned it off soon after this incident which came out of nowhere.

I was just getting my hopes up before this game that Nets might be turning things around finally and play at high level but the Pacers really made them look their age. Stephenson and Hibbert were just bullying all over the place.
Enjoy! <3 Jao
NovU

Postby Andrew on Sat Dec 28, 2013 9:29 am

Jason Kidd losing support within Nets' locker room

When it comes down to it, it doesn't sound like he's got the personality and people skills to be a successful head coach.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby NovU on Sat Dec 28, 2013 1:34 pm

At least they won tonight against the greatest tanker of the season, Milwaukee. Blatche is out for a few games now. Teletovic needs to step up. And they really could use Kirilenko. If he can stay healthy when he comes back, he'll be the key to the making playoffs imo.
Enjoy! <3 Jao
NovU

Postby NovU on Mon Jan 06, 2014 3:25 am

Long read but pretty fun.

The Brooklyn Nets: How to Build a Disappointing NBA Team, Exhibit A
http://www.theatlantic.com/entertainmen ... -a/282789/
Enjoy! <3 Jao
NovU

Postby shadowgrin on Mon Jan 06, 2014 8:10 am

That length is considered a long read now. :|
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
shadowgrin

Postby NovU on Mon Jan 06, 2014 8:57 am

Yeah, benji used to do that for every single post before getting old like KG and Pierce. Now he's a single line poster just like KG and Pierce are single digit stat fillers.
Enjoy! <3 Jao
NovU

Postby rise on Mon Jan 06, 2014 12:32 pm

Andrew wrote:Jason Kidd losing support within Nets' locker room

When it comes down to it, it doesn't sound like he's got the personality and people skills to be a successful head coach.

Sounds like a lack of RESPECT to me
rise
But here, at the top of the world, where I raise my hands and I clench my fists...
Contributor

Postby shadowgrin on Mon Jan 06, 2014 1:58 pm

Kidd must have turned down an interview from Wojnarowski for Woj to be butthurt and write an article like that, same thing Woj did with LeBron.
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
shadowgrin

Postby graybakflip on Thu May 15, 2014 8:32 pm

What a season, from the off-season splash that made nets fans championship aspirations up, the day BLo broke his foot, the cup gate JKidd pulled-off, LFrank demotion, the 10-21 start to the best team in the east since new year, then Plumber, the Jason Collins signing, Jorge Guts, the F--- Brooklyn, Jay Z vs Drake? lol, Rihanna's bra-less game, then it all comes to a 2 round 4-1 series defeat against the 2-time defending champs. It was a roller coaster season.

I was really upset from the 1st 2-3 months, and hopes was lost when Brook's season ending injury happened then DWills ankles sigh. Never thought this team can go to the playoffs since then. For a team that started 10-21 then made the 2nd round and lost to the defending champs is not that bad imo. Tho our starters have all the championship, playoff experience, our bench were almost had 0 experience in the playoffs and like it's their 1st time getting playoff minutes w/ the exemption of Twin and Dray. They where really inconsistent since birth and we really have to relay on them.

Now off season is coming. I think it's time for KG to hang it up, as much as I want him to mentor Brook next season(look at Plumber) he's got no more gas to play more than 20 mins, maybe for a big man coach I might say yes. PP, the truth, this why got me here at raps lol, he might be back but I will also not be surprised if he leaves(w/c makes KG a goner a think). Slim might be gone as well since he might attract more money to other teams(Minny is interested) for the last time in his career. He was great this season but he was really exposed this playoffs, his lack of 3 and consistent J really hurt the spacing, and he can't run the point well, most of the times a ball-stopper esp w/ the bench guys. AK might stay/not, he's only played like 1/4 of the season for the nets, he's always had this back problem the whole season. Andray "Jun Jun" Blatche the Pinoy sensation might be gone as well, but I think will stay. BK should get younger and athletic this time, tho w/o draft picks here's hoping that we could buy at least a 2nd rounder from Proky's wallet. And if BK's going to make another big trade, at least pair DWill w/ a better PnR big/defender. DWill should get an repair on those glass ankles there is no more excuse for your $20 M PG next season to not have a surgery. Hoping for a healthy DWill(check last 2nd half last season) and Brook, w/ another monster JJ next season. Coach JKidd, you did a great job turning things around, but still you should learn from your rookie mistakes esp on rotations, in-bound plays, and all around better coaching next season. Great job on developing Mirza and Mase.

MVP of the (Nets) season: Joe Johnson, Joe Jezuz, Joe Cool, Iso Joe et al.
The lone all star of the team, the only consistent 20 pt scorer in the playoffs. People always point out his contract but I think JKidd made JJ better this season. He was all around better, JKidd made him a post-up player, spot-up sniper a lot more, less iso joe. Tho it was very effective, you must never do iso against the heat esp. against the beloved james, as he can do stone cold stunner you but won't get a foul called against him. This was his best playoff, since last year he was injured. He will always be remembered like his performance during game 5 at toronto, down 26 and he willed the team(Blatche happened on final possession) back, tho came up short still it was an unbelievable performance imo. Joe Cool, as what KG(made the Joe Jezuz) said "He's cooler than the other side of the pillow"..

You laugh at me 'cos I'm different. I laugh at you 'cos youre all the same
graybakflip

Postby johnwest1985 on Fri May 16, 2014 11:26 am

wondering what next season gonna be like...

many old guys.. but maybe back with a good d will ? some good sings from him..

Garnett is over the hill though..

guess u can conclude that in the long run it can be really hard to compete the coming years for the Nets because of the way they managed there contracts .. in the nba patients pays even though its not a garanty...
johnwest1985

Postby Kevin on Fri May 16, 2014 12:52 pm

johnwest1985 wrote:wondering what next season gonna be like...

many old guys.. but maybe back with a good d will ? some good sings from him..

Garnett is over the hill though..

guess u can conclude that in the long run it can be really hard to compete the coming years for the Nets because of the way they managed there contracts .. in the nba patients pays even though its not a garanty...
Wat.
Rest In Peace Kobe
Kevin
Fuck the Celtics

PreviousNext

Return to NBA & Basketball