The Brooklyn Nets Thread (RESPECT)..

Like real basketball, as well as basketball video games? Talk about the NBA, NCAA, and other professional and amateur basketball leagues here.

Re: The Brooklyn Nets Thread (RESPECT)..

Postby NovU on Thu Nov 21, 2013 1:52 pm

This thread deserves RESPECT and needs to be nominated for the Hardwood Classic. Every each page contains some fantastic stuff.
THX TO DOPE-JAO FOR THE SPECIAL SIG! <3
Enjoy! <3 Jao
NovU
Crap, what am I going to brag about now?

Postby rise on Thu Nov 21, 2013 4:03 pm

So... um... 3-8?

Respect.
rise
But here, at the top of the world, where I raise my hands and I clench my fists...
Contributor

Postby Sauru on Thu Nov 21, 2013 7:04 pm

boston is doing better than brooklyn right now. i find that very funny. wont last i know but for now i can smile.

now correct me if i am wrong but the celtics get a pick from the nets this year but the hawks have the option to swap picks first? so if the season ended today the hawks would about the 3rd pick in the draft and we would get the hawks pick?
Sauru

Postby Jackal on Thu Nov 21, 2013 11:07 pm

You guys keep laughing. You guys laugh cuz the Nets are different...the Nets laugh cuz you guys are all the same. Nets have 5 potential All-Star starters. And they have money. A lot of it.

This is the Nets owner to the rest of the league:

Keep hatin' haters...this is fuel for the fire that is burning inside of PROVEN winner Ason Kidd ASTIGGGGGGGG :twisted: :twisted:
Jackal

Postby NovU on Fri Nov 22, 2013 1:14 am

Sauru wrote:now correct me if i am wrong but the celtics get a pick from the nets this year but the hawks have the option to swap picks first? so if the season ended today the hawks would about the 3rd pick in the draft and we would get the hawks pick?

I am not entirely sure but the site, you guys get least favorable of Hawks, Nets picks, so I think NO.
Enjoy! <3 Jao
NovU

Postby benji on Fri Nov 29, 2013 1:35 am

benji

Postby benji on Fri Nov 29, 2013 1:52 am

"Cup slipped out of my hand while I was getting Ty," Kidd said of "Cupgate." "Sweaty palms. I was never good with the ball.

"In the heat of the battle, you're trying to get guys in and out of the game, and the cup fell out of my hand."

Video replays appeared to show Kidd saying "Hit me," something Taylor flatly denied.

Said Taylor: "No [Kidd didn't say that]. I wasn't paying attention. I just kind of bumped him. I didn't even know he was holding [anything]. [But] coach was drinking a soda on the sideline. I was like, 'What's he doing?'

"It could ice a free throw shooter and be a timeout when you don't have one, but that wasn't the thought process. I was just coming out, and he was in my way. 'Coach, get out of my way, bro.' "
benji

Postby Sauru on Fri Nov 29, 2013 2:26 am

lmao. good job kidd.
Sauru

Postby NovU on Fri Nov 29, 2013 6:47 am

Could have been funnier if he was drinking alcohol. :lol:

Looks like it was intentional

Jason Kidd appears to intentionally spill a drink to buy time late in a game, Nets still lose (Video)
http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ba ... --nba.html

A for effort.
Enjoy! <3 Jao
NovU

Postby Sauru on Fri Nov 29, 2013 10:07 am

kidd needs to learn a thing or two about acting
Sauru

Postby Andrew on Fri Nov 29, 2013 10:42 am

I guess the Nets' only consolation right now is that the Knicks are ever so slightly worse.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby koberulz on Fri Nov 29, 2013 1:19 pm

koberulz
Everything I say is false.

Postby NovU on Fri Nov 29, 2013 3:24 pm

Avery and Carlesimo weren't too bad now, weren't they?
Enjoy! <3 Jao
NovU

Postby SoF'nAwesome on Fri Nov 29, 2013 8:37 pm

This shit is hilarious. Mega Shaqtin A Fool material. :lol: Kidd should join the circus if the whole coach thing doesn't work out.
SoF'nAwesome
MVP

Postby Sauru on Fri Nov 29, 2013 10:19 pm

this is the kind of fine players should get for flopping
Sauru

Postby SoF'nAwesome on Fri Nov 29, 2013 10:34 pm

But this was worse than flopping.
SoF'nAwesome
MVP

Postby Sauru on Sat Nov 30, 2013 1:28 am

i dont agree but only because flopping in insanely out of control. if people flopped as much as coaches throw drinks on the court then i would agree
Sauru

Postby NovU on Sat Nov 30, 2013 9:25 am

I agree fine is excessive but the league had to set the example. You can't have people disrupting flow of the game illegally.
Enjoy! <3 Jao
NovU

Postby Sauru on Sun Dec 01, 2013 2:24 am

NovU wrote:You can't have people disrupting flow of the game illegally.

this is done in every damn game i watch
Sauru

Postby SoF'nAwesome on Sun Dec 01, 2013 3:44 am

lol
SoF'nAwesome
MVP

Postby shadowgrin on Mon Dec 02, 2013 7:58 am

Looks like Kidd isn't really that smart with the spill move...

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/baske ... -1.1534186
Jason Kidd wasn't the first coach to spill a drink for a timeout. He was just the first to get caught.

Kevin Loughery, who coached in the NBA and ABA for 20 years starting in 1973, was using this gimmick long ago.

"There are different ways you can do it. You can have the players spill it. You can have one of the ballboys do it," Loughery said in a telephone interview from his home in Virginia. "They can't fine the ballboys, I don't think."

Loughery said he had used the trick several times, but only remembers the specific game of the last one - when he coached the Heat against the Hawks in the opening round of the 1994 playoffs.

Kidd said he learned it from talking to coaches and owners. Mark Cuban provided evidence when he tweeted out a video of the Chicago Bulls seemingly pulling the same stunt during a 2009 game against the Mavs, when Kidd was Dallas' point guard.

Kidd made a big mistake, however.

"He shouldn't have said to (Nets guard Tyshawn Taylor), 'Hit me,'" said Loughery, who coached the New York Nets to two ABA titles. "He should have just dropped it. He overacted."

phpBB [video]
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
JaoSming2KTV wrote:its fun on a bun
shadowgrin
Doesn't negotiate with terrorists. NLSC's Jefferson Davis. The Questioneer

Postby benji on Wed Dec 04, 2013 7:06 pm

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nba/story/_ ... oklyn-nets
- Brooklyn Nets coach Jason Kidd has reassigned Lawrence Frank to a reduced role and Frank will no longer sit on the bench as Kidd's lead assistant coach.

Multiple league sources told ESPN.com in recent weeks there was "friction" and a difference of philosophies between Kidd and Frank brewing since the start of the season.

Many figured Frank would be the perfect sounding board and mentor for Kidd in his first go-around as a coach. But sources maintain that Kidd and Frank's relationship changed at the start of the season with a difference of "agendas" affecting their working relationship. A breaking point was reached with this as the resolution.

The Nets have decided not to try to pursue another veteran coach to take Frank's spot even though they came into the season believing Frank's presence was vital to help Kidd with the rare immediate transition from player to coach. One coaching source told ESPN.com that the Nets ultimately concluded -- as much as they want a coach at Kidd's side who's been around the block to "guide him" -- that this pairing would not work if Frank insisted on telling him "what to do."

Kidd said Frank has been reassigned "to doing daily reports" and that Frank will not be sitting on the bench or working practices moving forward. Kidd said he does not plan on adding another assistant.

Frank was demoted despite a lucrative contract that made him Kidd's top assistant. According to a league source, Frank signed a six-year deal with the Nets worth approximately $6 million. The deal included a front office position for the final two years of his contract, according to the source. Frank was earning $1 million in each of the first two seasons and $1.65 million in each of the third and fourth years of the contract.

Originally, Kidd had his coaching staff set up with Frank orchestrating the defense and assistant John Welch handling the offensive duties.

"We'll be coaches, that is who we will be," Kidd said of who will handle the defense and offense moving forward. "There is no one doing offense, no one doing defense. We will take the responsibility of being coaches. That is how it will be set up."
benji

Postby _Steve_ on Wed Dec 04, 2013 8:08 pm

They still got blown out by the Nuggets...
“Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please.” - Mark Twain
_Steve_

Postby Andrew on Wed Dec 04, 2013 8:10 pm

From Woj's write-up:

"With Jason," one league source told Yahoo Sports, "once he turns on you, he turns. That's how he was as a player, and that's what we're seeing again now."
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Jackal on Wed Dec 04, 2013 11:23 pm

Gaybakflip, I miss you.
Jackal

PreviousNext

Return to NBA & Basketball