[Current Gen] Bugs & Glitches Thread

Talk about NBA 2K14 here.

[Current Gen] Bugs & Glitches Thread

Postby JaoSming on Wed Oct 02, 2013 5:37 am

Seriously though, no attacking devs over this stuff.

Use the following template to post:

Code: Select all
[b]Bug description:[/b]

[b]Platform (PC/X360/PS3):[/b]

[b]Game Mode:[/b]

[b]Specific steps to reproduce the bug; if not applicable, what causes it to happen:[/b]

for example
Bug description: All player reflections have sleeved uniforms on

Platform (PC/X360/PS3): PC (All?)

Game Mode: Any Gameplay

Specific steps to reproduce the bug; if not applicable, what causes it to happen: Load game, have reflections on.
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Re: Bugs & Glitches (aka the Blame Leftos! thread)

Postby atszabo on Wed Oct 02, 2013 7:43 am

Bug description: All auto-generated rookies are rated 25 for the new layup skills (runner, euro-step, stepthrough, etc.). Zero variance.

Platform (PC/X360/PS3): PC

Game Mode: Association

Specific steps to reproduce the bug; if not applicable, what causes it to happen: Auto-generate a draft class
atszabo

Postby atszabo on Wed Oct 02, 2013 7:46 am

Bug description: Animation glitch when performing a spin jumper off the dribble. The player starts the dribble move then jerks into a shot.

Game Mode: All in-game

Specific steps to reproduce the bug; if not applicable, what causes it to happen: while dribbling outside the paint perform a spin jump shot
atszabo

Postby nextnba on Wed Oct 02, 2013 1:42 pm

Bug description: Playoff bug. WTF! The team with the better season standing doesn't have home court advantage in playoff! Stupid as hell! This was a bug in
2k13 that never got fixed.

Game Mode: Season or Association
Last edited by nextnba on Wed Oct 02, 2013 3:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.
nextnba

Postby KOBE23 on Wed Oct 02, 2013 2:34 pm

Bug description: When you attempt to edit D.Wade (sometimes even random things like trying to change your dunks... ) the game will just shut down no warnings no error nothing it just shuts down happens every time with Wade.

Game Mode: Rosters (for now)

Specific steps to reproduce the bug; if not applicable, what causes it to happen: Try to edit D.Wade or change dunks on some players or your created player.
KOBE23

Postby MikEst on Wed Oct 02, 2013 8:03 pm

Bug description: Game freezes when attempting to re-enter training mode right after exiting it in My Career.

Game Mode: My Career

Specific steps to reproduce the bug; if not applicable, what causes it to happen: Successfully complete one drill; exit training mode; try to re-enter training mode - it loads the instruction screen, but when you try to continue, only a black screen is displayed with the 2K logo in the bottom left corner
MikEst

Postby aguifs on Wed Oct 02, 2013 9:05 pm

Bug description: Gametrack feature broken once again.

Game Mode: All game modes

Specific steps to reproduce the bug; if not applicable, what causes it to happen: Just enter the grametrack in the 4th quarter.
aguifs

Postby JaoSming on Wed Oct 02, 2013 10:16 pm

aguifs, how long were your quarters?
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby GooFyPL on Wed Oct 02, 2013 11:49 pm

Bug description: Wrong sleeved jersey model on player low settings.

Specific steps to reproduce the bug; if not applicable, what causes it to happen: I wish to know.

GooFyPL

Postby aguifs on Thu Oct 03, 2013 12:56 am

Jao, 12 minutes :(
aguifs

Postby yonly1ME on Thu Oct 03, 2013 1:15 am

KOBE23 wrote:Bug description: When you attempt to edit D.Wade (sometimes even random things like trying to change your dunks... ) the game will just shut down no warnings no error nothing it just shuts down happens every time with Wade.

Specific steps to reproduce the bug; if not applicable, what causes it to happen: Try to edit D.Wade or change dunks on some players or your created player.

Just give D.Wade a cyberface from 2k13 and the game won't crash.
yonly1ME

Postby JaoSming on Thu Oct 03, 2013 1:17 am

aguifs wrote:Jao, 12 minutes :(

I think it is just a matter of the game's cache running out of space. afaik that is controlled internally, so we dont have a way to change that.
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby KOBE23 on Thu Oct 03, 2013 2:45 am

yonly1ME wrote:
KOBE23 wrote:Bug description: When you attempt to edit D.Wade (sometimes even random things like trying to change your dunks... ) the game will just shut down no warnings no error nothing it just shuts down happens every time with Wade.

umm 1st why would i have to do that is the 1st place :? and 2nd this might me a bit noob Q but how do i do that ? any help would be great thanks :(
KOBE23

Postby TGsoGood on Thu Oct 03, 2013 2:55 am

KOBE23 wrote:
yonly1ME wrote:

umm 1st why would i have to do that is the 1st place :? and 2nd this might me a bit noob Q but how do i do that ? any help would be great thanks :(

Just download any dwade cf in the nba 2k13 downloads sections and put in your 2k14 folder. (Remember to back up originals if you want to keep them)
Follow me on PATREON https://www.patreon.com/TGsoGood
Consider donating: http://cash.me/$TheJohnsonFamily or http://paypal.me/4TheGoods
Follow me on twitter @TGsoGood
Check me out on youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPydhZ ... PeRSmEVynQ

NBA 2K21 TGsoGood Mods and releases - viewtopic.php?f=267&t=110608
NBA 2K17 TGsoGood Mods and releases - viewtopic.php?f=225&t=102251#p1860681
NBA 2K14 TGsoGood Mods and releases - viewtopic.php?f=153&t=96056
TGsoGood
Contributor
Contributor

Postby TGsoGood on Thu Oct 03, 2013 10:56 am

atszabo wrote:Bug description: Animation glitch when performing a spin jumper off the dribble. The player starts the dribble move then jerks into a shot.

Specific steps to reproduce the bug; if not applicable, what causes it to happen: while dribbling outside the paint perform a spin jump shot

you have to perform the complete spin before shooting for a smooth animation. After performing spin on the controller take your finger off the shot/dribble stick for a split second then shoot
Follow me on PATREON https://www.patreon.com/TGsoGood
Consider donating: http://cash.me/$TheJohnsonFamily or http://paypal.me/4TheGoods
Follow me on twitter @TGsoGood
Check me out on youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPydhZ ... PeRSmEVynQ

NBA 2K21 TGsoGood Mods and releases - viewtopic.php?f=267&t=110608
NBA 2K17 TGsoGood Mods and releases - viewtopic.php?f=225&t=102251#p1860681
NBA 2K14 TGsoGood Mods and releases - viewtopic.php?f=153&t=96056
TGsoGood
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Patr1ck on Thu Oct 03, 2013 12:46 pm

JaoSming wrote:

I think it is just a matter of the game's cache running out of space. afaik that is controlled internally, so we dont have a way to change that.

No, that's a bug. After you view a few replays in gametrack all the other ones disappear. It didn't use to happen. From past 2K's on the 360 I heard they were limited to 255 entries, which fills up quick when you add shots attempted and rebounds. They improved it a couple years ago by not counting rebounds(I think), then it broke again. There is also an issue with the shot chart that has always been there. You never see the first quarter shots, or possibly the whole first half, which is probably associated with the gametrack replays bug.
Patr1ck
Administrator
Administrator

Postby MadbaLL on Fri Oct 04, 2013 4:08 am

Bug description: when players take a free throws, they always step a little bit on a free throw line with top of the shoes. in real basketball this is out of rules.

Game Mode: Any Gameplay

Specific steps to reproduce the bug; if not applicable, what causes it to happen: free throws in all occasions.
MadbaLL

Postby eikast on Fri Oct 04, 2013 12:04 pm

Bug description:

After the 2013-14 season in Association mode, Finals MVP award are inconsistent meaning that they are not awarded to the correct player. For example, Heat win in 13-14 with LBJ winning the award. The following season if the Heat win Mario Chalmers will win the Finals MVP award. This isn't just for that one season, it will continue and affect future teams.

Platform (PC/X360/PS3):
PC (I only have the PC version)

Game Mode:
Association
Specific steps to reproduce the bug; if not applicable, what causes it to happen:
Simulate two seasons in Association mode with the Heat winning both seasons.
eikast

Postby nextnba on Fri Oct 04, 2013 12:15 pm

Bug description:

After the 2013-14 season in Association mode, Finals MVP award are inconsistent meaning that they are not awarded to the correct player. For example, Heat win in 13-14 with LBJ winning the award. The following season if the Heat win Mario Chalmers will win the Finals MVP award. This isn't just for that one season, it will continue and affect future teams.

I believe this is the same bug in 2k13 that never got fixed. Just like like the playoff bug, the team with the better record doesn't get home court advantage in the championship game. It's either 2k don't know that they messed up, they don't give a *uck or they don't know how to fix it.
nextnba

Postby eikast on Fri Oct 04, 2013 12:28 pm

nextnba wrote:
Bug description:

I believe this is the same bug in 2k13 that never got fixed. Just like like the playoff bug, the team with the better record doesn't get home court advantage in the championship game. It's either 2k don't know that they messed up, they don't give a *uck or they don't know how to fix it.

Fortunately that bug didn't exist in association in 2K13, at least for me. Unfortunately that bug with home court advantage existed =( I'd have to imagine/pretend that there was no bug just to continue to play lol.
This Finals MVP bug is unacceptable and makes me not want to play association. Association mode is the ONLY mode I play on the PC. I was thrilled when I saw that the all star content was included this time around.

I tried reinstalling the game 4 times and deleting game data/settings but no luck =(
eikast

Postby mitzkiro58 on Fri Oct 04, 2013 3:15 pm

Clear the Cache Bros! (Y)
mitzkiro58

Postby tnt23 on Fri Oct 04, 2013 6:26 pm

Bug description: MOUSE

Platform PC:

Game Mode: ALL

Specific steps to reproduce the bug; if not applicable, what causes it to happen: JUST PLAY

It's not a bug its just how come nobody at 2K ever thought about fading out the mouse when game launches

yeah it's nothing...but cmon even VLC has that feature :)
ALLTiME ALLSTARS
tnt23

Postby thor16 on Fri Oct 04, 2013 7:09 pm

Bug description: Calender clears, season simulates itself.

Game Mode: MC

Specific steps to reproduce the bug; if not applicable, what causes it to happen: Exiting from the dunk contest on my career mode deletes your future fixtures.

Bug description: No season awards.

Game Mode: MC

Specific steps to reproduce the bug; if not applicable, what causes it to happen: If your final key game is on the last day of the season, the game automatically skips to playoffs after the match. You still see the award you've received (if any) in your history, but the season awards menu is empty.
thor16

Postby jk31 on Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:36 pm

Bug description:
OA Settings do not save.

Platform (PC/X360/PS3):
PC
Game Mode:
Online Association

Specific steps to reproduce the bug; if not applicable, what causes it to happen:
Change your settings, logout and then log back in -> Settings got set back to default.

-------------------------------------------------

Bug description:
An expiring pause menu timer will end a game.

Platform (PC/X360/PS3):
PC

Game Mode:
Online Association (didn't test it in online quick match).

Pause menu timer expires and the game asks if we want to continue. When I press "continue" it asks again, and again, and again, and again.... Only way out is to press "no" -> It will end the game.

-------------------------------------------------

Bug description:
Coach Settings cannot be changed in the OA menu.

Platform (PC/X360/PS3):
PC

Game Mode:
Online Association

The coach settings (auto substitutions, etc.) cannot be changed in the OA menu. You need to do it everytime you play a game in the pause menu (well because settings don't change it doesn't really matter...).
jk31

Postby atrak5[LTU] on Sat Oct 05, 2013 5:24 am

Euroleague players has too big heads...true?
atrak5[LTU]

Next

Return to NBA 2K14