The Friday Five: The 5 Types of Basketball Video Gamers

Talk about the NLSC Podcast, Monday Tip-Off, Wayback Wednesday, The Friday Five, Top 10 Plays of the Week, and our Parsec Tournaments! This is also a section for NLSC and community announcements, and other site-related topics.

The Friday Five: The 5 Types of Basketball Video Gamers

Postby Andrew on Fri Jul 19, 2013 11:38 pm

In this week's Friday Five, I take a look at the five types of basketball video gamers. Which are you?
http://www.nba-live.com/the-friday-five ... eo-gamers/
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Re: The Friday Five: The 5 Types of Basketball Video Gamers

Postby Axel The Great on Wed Jul 31, 2013 2:00 pm

Nice read as always. (Y) I would also place myself in the Reasonable Sim Gamer category, possibly approaching Hybrid Gamer waters. I'm willing to look past sim engine faults in Association Mode, such as the Spurs not making the playoffs, but I do have to experience a great degree of realism to be satisfied. Sometimes, if I'm blowing out my opponent, I change the CPU sliders to bolster their ability to come back to make it a challenge and more realistic.
Axel The Great
Visible Confusion

Re: The Friday Five: The 5 Types of Basketball Video Gamers

Postby Andrew on Wed Jul 31, 2013 8:17 pm

Thanks for checking it out. :)

I too can overlook the odd undesirable result here and there if I'm enjoying the game and the results are at least acceptable for the most part. When it comes to Dynasty/Association, you have to allow for a certain amount of fantasy and deviation from reality. As for my playing style, I prefer to avoid cheap plays and cheese, at least until the AI starts to cheat. That's when one has to reach into the bag of tricks. ;)
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Return to Featured Content & Community Noticeboard